0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

jidery

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jidery

The one problem is lack of android 3.0, and no sign of support for it.

Rabid7

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Rabid7

This seems like an incredibly oversized phone.

thewronggrape

quality posts: 49 Private Messages thewronggrape

I have the Samsung Galaxy phone which I love. This seems like a larger (and more powerful) version of it.

spamhere

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spamhere

These things are already making it on to the pages of Woot!? ...well that says something about 'em.

Regular Woots: 06
B O C: 06
Useful Items: 00

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys

I don't think I've seen this before on woot!?

Amazon Link

kshots

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kshots
jidery wrote:The one problem is lack of android 3.0, and no sign of support for it.

you CAN load Honeycomb on this tablet. check XDA Developers.

Burnsie3435

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Burnsie3435

Any chance this could work on Verizon? They do CDMA as well

FierceDeityLink1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages FierceDeityLink1
spamhere wrote:These things are already making it on to the pages of Woot!? ...well that says something about 'em.

It's fairly old, and the 10.1 that has Honeycomb and a dual core processor comes out soon.

laxman15

quality posts: 2 Private Messages laxman15

anyone know whether or not one can buy this and not pay for a data plan with sprint? i've already got one on my evo, so i'll just tether.

dangela424

quality posts: 18 Private Messages dangela424

Does anyone know how much the 3G through Sprint runs?

polar33

quality posts: 0 Private Messages polar33

I'd be in for one...if I didn't just buy a 3G only version for $100 more. Don't regret the purchase. Despite what Apple fanboys will say, it's a much more convenient size for a tablet, and a very solid system as well.

lebert22

quality posts: 8 Private Messages lebert22

Samsung has a really bad track record of upgrading their devices. So don't count on Android 3.0

Leeebs

Alfredenigma

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Alfredenigma

Its nice to have an unlocked tablet but if your going to get a contract anyways for the 3g and u dont mind the 2yr subscription Verizon wireless has refurbs for 149

noop

kingkong5

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kingkong5

If only I didn't just purchase the Viewsonic GTablet from Woot a couple weeks back. What would I do with a 10" and a 7" at the same time?

jidery

theguruguys wrote:I don't think I've seen this before on woot!?

Amazon Link

Well yeah, but thats subsidized, Woot is offering it with out a contract required for less than Amazon.

hcsencsi

quality posts: 13 Private Messages hcsencsi

I have a Coby Kyros which runs on Android and the app selection is not great, does anyone know if this is any better?

Booger Face

DizzahGee

quality posts: 7 Private Messages DizzahGee

Evdo... Sprint, or verizon?

phacopida

quality posts: 64 Private Messages phacopida

I know it has Flash, but I've heard that there have been problems with Flash support for some websites. Has this been resolved?

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys
kshots wrote:you CAN load Honeycomb on this tablet. check XDA Developers.

Speaking of which, here is the main XDA Developers Galaxy Tablet Forum for all your hacking needs!

And here is a link directly to the Galaxy Tab ROMS and development section.

pmcizhere

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pmcizhere

I have this model but on Verizon. It's a great tablet thanks to running Android. Samsung has come out with a Gingerbread update, but only for European regions. It will hopefully be rolled out in the States soon. A word of advice - do not try to flash it with the European images - you can and probably will brick it! I would know, I have firsthand experience of that...

Anyway, the forums to get your hacking on with this device is:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=807

I use the KhasMek Voodoo Kernel, which allows for overclocking of up to 1.4 GHz. It absolutely screams at that speed. Mix that with the K-lean Mod v3 and you've got one lean mean touchscreen machine!

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

jidery

kshots wrote:you CAN load Honeycomb on this tablet. check XDA Developers.

I don't encourage hacking, official support would be much better.

justing6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justing6
kingkong5 wrote:If only I didn't just purchase the Viewsonic GTablet from Woot a couple weeks back. What would I do with a 10" and a 7" at the same time?

After you load honeycomb onto the G Tablet, I like it better.

-Justin G.

DizzahGee

hcsencsi wrote:I have a Coby Kyros which runs on Android and the app selection is not great, does anyone know if this is any better?

App selection is Very rich... runs some stuff other tablets don't yet (anything not optimized for honeycomb)

DizzahGee

hcsencsi wrote:I have a Coby Kyros which runs on Android and the app selection is not great, does anyone know if this is any better?

App selection is Very rich... runs some stuff other tablets don't yet (anything not optimized for honeycomb)

elbob1023

quality posts: 11 Private Messages elbob1023

The Samsung Galaxy is an appropriately named product for woot.com to feature on Intergalactic Towel Day.

Don't Panic.

lebert22

quality posts: 8 Private Messages lebert22
dangela424 wrote:Does anyone know how much the 3G through Sprint runs?

http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/phone_details.jsp?prodId=dvc2290005prd&deviceSKUId=22700086&ensembleId=SPHP1TABLT&flow=AAL&firstSelection=PHONES&id16=galaxy%20tab

Leeebs

kingkong5

justing6 wrote:After you load honeycomb onto the G Tablet, I like it better.

The day I got it I rooted it and installed Vegan 7.0.0 Ginger Edition and it is the bee's knees now, I'm very happy with the purchase and with the XDA developers.

mdnorman

quality posts: 50 Private Messages mdnorman
laxman15 wrote:anyone know whether or not one can buy this and not pay for a data plan with sprint? i've already got one on my evo, so i'll just tether.

You need not pay for a data plan with Sprint, but if you don't pay for a data plan with Sprint you will not have a data plan with Sprint and, therefore, you will not have 3G cellular connectivity. But you will be able to use wi-fi.

jrstinkfish

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jrstinkfish

I bought a used one for my gf to use as an eReader a few days ago, with the hopes that she'd discover it could do so much more. It is basically just an oversized Android phone, but it is the perfect size for an eReader, or watching movies, playing games, etc, things that cause you to squint on a regular phone. The build quality is excellent, and the screen has great viewing angles. It doesn't run 3.0 and probably never will (though it is being worked on at XDA, so who knows), and this Sprint version doesn't get much dev love over at XDA, but it's still a great tablet if you're looking for an inexpensive 7" model. Thumb typing in portrait mode is the best I've ever seen on any device, the form factor is just right for that.

Throw it into airplane mode if you never plan to use it on Sprint, and then turn on wi-fi and the battery life is excellent.

The only real con is what I said above -- it is basically just a huge Android phone, and if you're satisfied with your phone as your main device, you likely don't need this. But it is a hell of a cool gadget. The cheapest I've seen for this is $299 over a CompGeeks, so this is a really good deal.

fxfuji

quality posts: 22 Private Messages fxfuji
kingkong5 wrote:If only I didn't just purchase the Viewsonic GTablet from Woot a couple weeks back. What would I do with a 10" and a 7" at the same time?

Hmmm... I'm more interested in their 10" tablet. Maybe we can work out a deal?

anangphatak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anangphatak

Why not get a ACER A500 which is basically a cheaper xoom?
You will be much happier with Acer iconia than a silly oversized phone

vwoom

quality posts: 2 Private Messages vwoom

Wish it was unlocked for this price...I'll pass.

jrstinkfish

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jrstinkfish

7" makes a great eReader. If you attempt to use your gTab as an eReader with that screen on it, you'll go mad.

sixdolla

quality posts: 24 Private Messages sixdolla

Cheaper than an iPad and plays Flash. Win,Win

kingkong5

fxfuji wrote:Hmmm... I'm more interested in their 10" tablet. Maybe we can work out a deal?

I can't even begin to tell you how much I love the GTablet. Only downside is the limited viewing angles, which I'm sure this Galaxy Tab has resolved. But except for the economy choice of screens, you can have my GTablet when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers.

bsipp777

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bsipp777
dangela424 wrote:Does anyone know how much the 3G through Sprint runs?

the basic data plan on tablets will run 59.99, with that plan, you get 5GB of 3G data, and if you're lucky enough to live in a 4G area, 4G service is unlimited.

Wyatt8

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Wyatt8
Burnsie3435 wrote:Any chance this could work on Verizon? They do CDMA as well

Sprint and Verizon work on different network setups ...
won't cross over.

a perfect day to have a great day on purpose...
or because the store clerk told you to...

awang44

quality posts: 1 Private Messages awang44

sprint 3g kills the deal. no wonder it's on woot.

1. Random carp 1
  2. Random carp 3
  3. Sandisk Sansa e270 6GB Media Player with FM Tuner