dunsparrow

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dunsparrow

The guys who did the writeup and paraphrasing the QPs are really on their game. I would definitely buy it just to reward their humor, but I already have all the caulk I need.

neohemp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages neohemp

Bought that %#@% some caulk

@#%^es love caulk

eeferber

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eeferber

they're missing one critical ingredient in this kit - the soaker. The caulk soaker is absolutely a must have.

strandedinvegas

quality posts: 2 Private Messages strandedinvegas
ticalmc2k2 wrote:Caulk? Really Woot? This is by far (BY FAR) the dumbest woot I've ever seen.

"Caulk" is Woot's response to Weinergate!

Ron Larson

jima724

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jima724

Wow I just redid the caulk in the shower 8 hours ago and this would have been really helpful. I might have to do it again just to use my new pro caulk when it arrives.

ticalmc2k2

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ticalmc2k2
strandedinvegas wrote:"Caulk" is Woot's response to Weinergate!

I take back my previous comment. Because of the writeup, this is one of the best Woots ever!

massanutten

quality posts: 4 Private Messages massanutten

Nice timing Woot.

Actually these are really useful and you don't have to remember where in the sequence - lick finger, run finger on caulk, wipe finger on rag, lick finger... Gives a nice profile - good enough to show off with a tweet.

These applicators give a really nice bead without wetting anything. If you stop partially in a long run, you can easily pick back up without leaving a mark. You'll learn to use less caulk (you'll be surprised how much you wipe off). You can get into a lot of tight corners. They clean up well and last a long time.

I tried to "reuse" the caulk I wiped off, but usually turns out to be a bigger mess than it's worth.

Good Father's Day gift for Dad and husband/bf.

Truelyscrumptious

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Truelyscrumptious

I love the Caulk!

I'm anxious for my fiance and I to try out the tools together. We always get so messy when we use our fingers.

Sidney0109

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sidney0109

Woo hoo! My first woot and it's caulk! Do I look any different?

bakntime

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bakntime
Sidney0109 wrote:Woo hoo! My first woot and it's caulk! Do I look any different?

You do. I could tell you needed some caulk.

I ain't signing anything! What? It's not that kind of signature? Oh. So that's what it is? Oh. I'm still not interested.

yayro

quality posts: 2 Private Messages yayro

Complete caulking kit, eh? Anyone seen the caulk gun?

TJMaximus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages TJMaximus

Best. Product description. Ever. As long as you guys are getting this X-rated, can we unfilter the comments?
We, the Hitchhikers One more gargleblaster warp
Oh well, I tried...

fieldsk

quality posts: 3 Private Messages fieldsk

Dunno about the caulk that is included, but these tools are great!

I used these to re-caulk our kitchen counter top and to redo the tub/shower in my master bath. I am normally terrible at getting a nice caulk line, and these allowed me to do a good job without making a huge mess.

I agree with the poster above, that you can also stop and start the line using these without leaving a mark.

The pros probably don't need them, but for those of us who are aren't so good at the handyman stuff, these are very nice and made the job go much quicker.

furthea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages furthea

XD...and I was just thinking that the bath tub in my house needs re-caulked.

MrsBigham

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MrsBigham

been trying to find those caulk tools for a long time. now i get 2 sets, sweet.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 96 Private Messages radi0j0hn
moxxee wrote:Here is how the word "caulk" is pronounced correctly.
Caulk

Only the people in Boston and the Kennedys have problems pronouncing this. JFK got into a lot of trouble with his caulk.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

michael5280

quality posts: 0 Private Messages michael5280

Says it has a 'caulk' removal tool.... Guess I know my girlfriend's next gift.

jssnmser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jssnmser

The caulk itself is worthless. used for several apps and fell apart in just a few months. i agree with the amazon reviews. wish i would have look at reviews before i used this crap.

dtumd

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dtumd

I would buy this if not for the negative amazon review of the caulk. Whats strange is, I've purchased the regular "Dap 18001 White Kwik-Seal All-Purpose Caulk 5.5-Ounce" from Amazon twice now and had no problems. It even gets better reviews. Hard to believe the "pro" version is so much worse.
I love the squeezable tubes instead of having to use a caulk gun every time. I do a lot of smaller jobs around the house so these are much more convenient.

modernbummer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages modernbummer

I think it's imperative that when reading this to yourself, you do so in a Boston accent.

sf6864

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sf6864

I just bought that tool (no caulk, just the tool) at Lowes; it was $10. Good thing I didn't open it, it's going back tomorrow! Thank you Woot!

jaredmac11

quality posts: 11 Private Messages jaredmac11

I worked in construction, particularly in house maintenance, for quite a few years through highschool and college.

I always found a good caulking gun and just a wet finger perfectly sufficient. Perhaps these can help for hard to reach places but it seems superfluous.

Plus, any caulk that leaves your caulking tool is just wasted caulk. Trust me-- you don't want to try and reuse that.

Im certainly no expert though.

(edit: and if your caulking line sucks, try *pushing* the gun forward, not dragging it. And hold it at an angle to press the caulk in)

BooDaddy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BooDaddy

My wife says I have enough caulk as it is, and wont let me purchase this

maybejet

quality posts: 6 Private Messages maybejet
bakntime wrote:These boots are make for caulkin', and that's just what they'll do

Made for the new "2011 Handyman Barbie" Series! Buy a second matching pair for Barbie's "partner/roommate" Midge.

erin328

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erin328

I am not sure that I have an actual need to purchase this, but I am inspired by the write up. You can never have too much caulk, right???

bankonit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bankonit

DAG!! I bought this at Home Depot for I believe 9.99 for just one. It's pretty straightforward and helps keep everything pretty clean. Make sure you use painters tape to get straight clean lines.

*** Make sure you take that tape off almost immediately after smoothing out the bead ***

This is a deal, buy one for yourself, and then give your friends one and some caulk and make their day. :-)

uncleguy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages uncleguy

At Amazon, this is $9.61 just for 1 Kit. At Home Depot, it's $9.97 just for one 4-piece Tool Kit -- no caulk included. This is one of those items you throw into your tool box that becomes invaluable when you need it -- yes, you can do a similar job with cut-up pieces of old credit cards, but these tools are well-designed and do the job better than something you put together in the last minute.

When I was remodeling my home, these would have been a great asset. But I could not find them locally -- and the high shipping costs were ridiculous. This is a bargain. Buy several and give them away as one of those "because I was thinking of you"-kind of surprises that any homeowner will come to appreciate.

"The older a man gets, the more clearly he remembers things... that never really happened."

Wodinn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Wodinn

I'm pretty sure this is up just to allow for the write-up. Also,

pops200

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pops200

The write up was very good. Right up until you ripped off Spinal Tap.

sprkmaker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sprkmaker

I have purchased multiple items similar to these kits and found these to probably be the worst. Mainly, the pieces are made of a harder plastic, so they dont "hug" the scraping area as nicely as I'd like, always leaving a little trace of caulk.

I purchased this one from the Depot and found it to be pretty awesome:
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-202251544/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

75Grandville

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 75Grandville

I just wanted to post a note for those who may be concerned about the size of the caulk being offered as part of today's Woot. Even though this may be a relatively small caulk, that should not be cause for concern. Don't worry - some people have caulk as small as 2.8 oz.

In fact, the tools included will more than make up for having diminutive caulk. Those with larger caulk will be envious as you demonstrate what you can do with your hands!

Besides, everyone knows it's not the size of the caulk, it's all in the application.

Finally, don't worry if your fingers just aren't up to the job. Many people find that they need mechanical assistance for their caulk. It's nothing to be ashamed of.

And if you really need the biggest caulk out there, try http://www.amazon.com/Dewitt-Products-Cement-Cements-Adhesives/dp/B003B6DE7G

dougblair3

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dougblair3

FYI, these appear to be acrylic caulks and not silicone. That means do not use them in the shower or you'll be replacing it every year. Only use 100% silicone anywhere that's going to see water.

srice49

quality posts: 0 Private Messages srice49

Seriously?

Raymond S. Rice

SumDuud

quality posts: 21 Private Messages SumDuud

the tools are $10 at Home Depot, I'd guess 2 tubes of this caulk would probably run close to $10 as well. I'm too lazy to get out to the store so I'm in for one so I can finish some caulking off around the house.

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

Contrarian by nature.

drinkypoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drinkypoo

As they say on MXC, you put the caulk in the crack, and that's home improvement.

timasdf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timasdf

Before we got married, my (now) wife and I lived in an old fixer-upper house. She used to love caulk. Now that we got married and moved into a new house, she has no interest in caulk.

When I told her about this woot!, she said she saw plenty of caulk at the old house. Not interested in it anymore. :-(

samuelmehr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages samuelmehr

This caulk is acrylic, not silicone... it doesn't last! Be careful.

cullenwebb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cullenwebb

I don't appreciate the write up this time.

/2cents

DennisG2010

quality posts: 20 Private Messages DennisG2010
mbmanaus wrote:I smell a Peabody for this writeup! Maybe even a Pulitzer!

I smell caulk.

neo102470

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neo102470

Unfortunately, I don't think I can use this caulk. I need a big tube of black caulk for my black tub.

Any idea where I can find a huge tube of black caulk?

...black caulk anyone?