bscblue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bscblue

a Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS6 arrived on my doorstep today. the problem with that is i never ordered it. who do i need to talk to about this? i never ordered it and am afraid that it was meant to go to someone else. i'm certain they want their camera!

I checked my bank statement online and don't see anything from Woot other than my first purchase from them, a Sanyo Xacti camcorder. what is going on?

ActorTom

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ActorTom

bscblue

LOL thanks, i think... i think i may have figured out what is going on. it seems these cameras were part of some strange shipping mix up, something I read about in the little forum here for this camera. i wonder how many people this affected?

dcw38

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dcw38
bscblue wrote:LOL thanks, i think... i think i may have figured out what is going on. it seems these cameras were part of some strange shipping mix up, something I ready about in the little forum here for this camera. i wonder how many people this affected?

I know I am. I ordered one and got an e-mail saying that they screwed up shipping. You probably have my camera. HOW DARE YOU STEAL FROM ME!! (I kid, I kid) Things seem to be getting towards FUBAR on the situation. A fair number of people on the board about the camera are REALLY pissed. I'm not thrilled about it, but Woot! has always done good by me.

When the world is made to be idiotproof, the world will become overpopulated with idiots.
-Mark Twain

bscblue

i am so sorry! this probably IS your camera. lol i already have a Lumix so it was odd to get a call asking why i decided to buy another. very akward! what should i do with it? will woot! send me a shipping label to slap on it and send back? i don't want to keep somebody's camera.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

bscblue wrote:i am so sorry! this probably IS your camera. lol i already have a Lumix so it was odd to get a call asking why i decided to buy another. very akward! what should i do with it? will woot! send me a shipping label to slap on it and send back? i don't want to keep somebody's camera.

Service will see this on monday, but until then, write to service@woot.com.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Someone will see it tuesday?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bscblue wrote:LOL thanks, i think... i think i may have figured out what is going on. it seems these cameras were part of some strange shipping mix up, something I read about in the little forum here for this camera. i wonder how many people this affected?

You should have already been contacted by Customer Service and have super-secret instructions on what to do should you accept the challenge.

If you did not receive the super-secret instructions, pop of an email to service@woot.com to receive them.

You might also check your spam/junk folder. Your email might have a different idea of how important our super-secret instructions are.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

sierrakev

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sierrakev

Many of us who bought one, never got anything more than an email -promising to make it right, with a camera of equal or greater value...
Yesterday another email said we would be getting a refund instead, and $15. credit (toward another spin on Woot) for the hassle and broken promises. I swore off Amazon for a couple years due to sellers drop shipping and listing stuff they did not have. I guess Woot managed to send the item I paid for to somone else. It is amazing that after such a major mistake, Woot would care so little about the customers effected.
I am off to report this to paypal and the FTC, BBB, and anyone else I can.

hackman2007

quality posts: 14 Private Messages hackman2007
sierrakev wrote:Many of us who bought one, never got anything more than an email -promising to make it right, with a camera of equal or greater value...
Yesterday another email said we would be getting a refund instead, and $15. credit (toward another spin on Woot) for the hassle and broken promises. I swore off Amazon for a couple years due to sellers drop shipping and listing stuff they did not have. I guess Woot managed to send the item I paid for to somone else. It is amazing that after such a major mistake, Woot would care so little about the customers effected.
I am off to report this to paypal and the FTC, BBB, and anyone else I can.

I'm not staff, so take my opinion with a grain of salt, but what do you want?

There is a good chance that many people opened the cameras that were sent to other people. Woot is going to get the cameras back to their facility, has to inspect them, and then probably has to get rid of some of them since they are open. Retailers have a tough time selling open products to customers. How would you feel if Woot decided to send you an open camera that looked like it was shoved back in to the box? I wouldn't be happy. Better yet, how would you feel if this took 2-4 weeks because they have to wait for the person to ship back your camera, inspect it and then ship it out again? Woot doesn't keep many spare products around, so the chances of getting a used camera is very good.

In my opinion, getting your money back quickly and a $15 coupon is more than enough to make up for the problems. Many retailers would simply not do anything. You aren't out anything, besides time and hassle, so I don't see the problem here. Woot sounds like they are going to give you the money back quickly (if they haven't already), plus $15. At least you get to choose the camera you want.

oldlostsoul

quality posts: 2 Private Messages oldlostsoul

I just got one from the mailman today, too!

I also ordered the Xacti vid/cam. It arrived on time, but now, an extra surprise gift arrived. THANKS WOOT!! ;)

I have yet to be contacted by Customer Service, nor do I have the super-secret instructions on what to do upon accepting the challenge.

service@woot.com expect an incoming email from this oldlostsoul. I'm hoping to receive my Euro-Pro Ninja Master Prep Food & Drink Maker in a timely manner... and hate the thought of someone else drinking the many margaritas it's destined to make for me... much as this camera's rightful owner would hate the thought someone else taking their pictures.

h00ligan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages h00ligan

I also ordered the xcti and received a lumix. Unfortunately when the pacage arrived, it was opeoend (i order a lot of stuff online). I conttacted woot this morning and was told a label has been arranged to ship it back, then I received the generic email that had been put together.

I understand mistakes happen, but I found the offer to buy it at full price a bit funny. If I wanted it at $139 or whatever, i would have bought it then!

Wonder how many of these went out.... and i can bet some posters here represent a very small fraction of people who have been honest about it :/

At the end woot should be happy if people return them.. i'm pretty sure that sending something usps, with n osignature required.. if people wanted to be boghogs about it, they would just not return the camera. Aside from figuring out wh they are and excluding future sales to them, there's not much else they could do.

I hope it works out for everyone, I wonder how many they are going to get back.. and I'm a little surprised they didn't offer aa bit more incentive to buy...

h00ligan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages h00ligan

i'd like to add. I have no desire to keep this camera, even at $50... so before anyone gets all uppity, no,, I'm not looking for a deal.

nerd1701

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nerd1701
hackman2007 wrote:I'm not staff, so take my opinion with a grain of salt, but what do you want?

In my opinion, getting your money back quickly and a $15 coupon is more than enough to make up for the problems. Many retailers would simply not do anything. You aren't out anything, besides time and hassle, so I don't see the problem here. Woot sounds like they are going to give you the money back quickly (if they haven't already), plus $15. At least you get to choose the camera you want.

I am one of the people who got screwed in this deal and I've yet to see a refund even though they said it was processed.

The order has disappeared from my account, and "customer service" can't provide a confirmation number.

So far they've had my money since last Monday (7 business days now), shipped nothing and they say it will take 7-10 business days to get my refund. So, I'm out $145 for nearly 3 weeks. I wouldn't call that a "quick" refund.

Plus, I did not get the coupon code and people have reported that it doesn't work either.

I don't think there's any legal obligation to return something sent to you that you didn't order.

nerd1701

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nerd1701
h00ligan wrote:
Aside from figuring out wh they are and excluding future sales to them, there's not much else they could do.

I hope it works out for everyone, I wonder how many they are going to get back.. and I'm a little surprised they didn't offer aa bit more incentive to buy...

FYI - Those of us who got screwed in this "mistake" are supposed to get refunds and a $15 coupon code (that others say doesn't work anyway).

I'm pretty sure that Woot will just bill the credit cards of those who don't return and use some sort of agreement that you made with them when you purchased.

hackman2007

quality posts: 14 Private Messages hackman2007
nerd1701 wrote:I am one of the people who got screwed in this deal and I've yet to see a refund even though they said it was processed.

The order has disappeared from my account, and "customer service" can't provide a confirmation number.

So far they've had my money since last Monday (7 business days now), shipped nothing and they say it will take 7-10 business days to get my refund. So, I'm out $145 for nearly 3 weeks. I wouldn't call that a "quick" refund.

Plus, I did not get the coupon code and people have reported that it doesn't work either.

I don't think there's any legal obligation to return something sent to you that you didn't order.

I know how it feels to have your money held for a while. I had over $400 held by Lenovo a few months ago on a stock issue/web error. It was quite a while before I got my money back.

Just keep bugging them