rgagnon

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rgagnon
kfurrow wrote:ARGH! Don't all decent computers come with the ability to drive two monitors nowadays?

Yes, but not over 200ft away. Imagine a computer at the back of an auditorium that needs to display its imagine at the front of the room. You'd need 200ft of cable to get there, but without an amplifier, a normal video card won't cut it.

omh1009

quality posts: 7 Private Messages omh1009

Available at Waldbaums!

Pinged from Newark NJ, to Fort Worth Texas.

promyst

quality posts: 30 Private Messages promyst

Windows 7 has this built in (Duplicating displays) So if your graphics card has 2 ports already you probably won't have any use for this.

Support the Open Web

dbmpsd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dbmpsd

If you live in the 90's you can look at the product page http://www.aten-usa.com/?product&cat=590&Item=VS132

Prey

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Prey

This device is used to extend the distance you can send your computer signal to a TV or monitor.

If you try to use a normal cable the signal degrades or lags badly, this is a possible solution to avoid those problems.

gXn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gXn

you can send 1080p over VGA, how is that outdated?

babylemonade

quality posts: 4 Private Messages babylemonade

as someone who loves obsolete equipment i had to have this. the multi-monitor thing is always terribly rad looking ([s]even if[/s] especially if broadcasting VHS.)

as an electronics geek i'd like to be more technically knowledgeable than i actually am...
what does "cascadable to three levels – provides up to 8 video signals" mean? (potential simultaneous output to 8 monitors?) and how does one "cascade?"

octaveman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages octaveman

It comes with a user manual? What's that?

Klonk28

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Klonk28

There are at least 50 of these. Someone is goofing with my naptime...

Come on Woot, you know you want to put the Bagg o Pooty up.

mdrcoast

quality posts: 11 Private Messages mdrcoast

Maybe if you had an old Infocus that you needed for an Amway meeting to display what a pyramid does not look like, It could be usefull there.....

markpsw

quality posts: 3 Private Messages markpsw

WOW the 90s want their gizmos back!

bsmith1

quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1

1 male plug and 2 female ports. Ah yeah. bow chicka bow wow

Electros

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Electros
babylemonade wrote:as someone who loves obsolete equipment i had to have this. the multi-monitor thing is always terribly rad looking ([s]even if[/s] especially if broadcasting VHS.)

as an electronics geek i'd like to be more technically knowledgeable than i actually am...
what does "cascadable to three levels – provides up to 8 video signals" mean? (potential simultaneous output to 8 monitors?) and how does one "cascade?"

by buying 6 more and plugging them in to eachother.

roflcopterpilotlol

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roflcopterpilotlol

I'm going to be really aggravated if I get one of these in my Big o' Cosmos

Kingmade

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Kingmade

Hello 1995?

rgagnon

octaveman wrote:It comes with a user manual? What's that?

Going by the product description I would think that "manual" means your left hand.

trubba

quality posts: 2 Private Messages trubba

"...excellent for public broadcast systems..." Can it tell me how to get to Sesame Street?

honnin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages honnin

Does it blend? and if so how well?

titangears

quality posts: 9 Private Messages titangears
snwball89 wrote:What is this thing you old people call "VGA"?

LOL old people. Hey I got one for you. Ever seen a black & white screen that was CGA compatible??

Addicted to cycling and gadgets..

gXn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gXn
babylemonade wrote:as someone who loves obsolete equipment i had to have this. the multi-monitor thing is always terribly rad looking ([s]even if[/s] especially if broadcasting VHS.)

chain multiple ones together. think champagne fountain.

Jalek

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Jalek

Next do we get the adapters to use these on our DVI port monitors?

bmrbill

quality posts: 134 Private Messages bmrbill

Looks like a 2 day-er

Kingmade

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Kingmade
rgagnon wrote:Yes, but not over 200ft away. Imagine a computer at the back of an auditorium that needs to display its imagine at the front of the room. You'd need 200ft of cable to get there, but without an amplifier, a normal video card won't cut it.

I would move the computer...... or better yet get a laptop.

rgagnon

Kingmade wrote:I would move the computer...... or better yet get a laptop.

yup, cuz thats what you want in your production. The behind-the-scenes technical operators right up on the stage with you.

gjames

quality posts: 7 Private Messages gjames

Any chance this would work with a 3840x1024 resolution?

elneonpanda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elneonpanda

any one using google chrome? a few woots back my page display has been messed up. Looks fine in internet explorer but id rather not use that browser. All my text is huge and not displaying correctly, other pages look fine, and yes i checked the browsers zoom feature.

zaventh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zaventh

who doesn't need three of these........................................

cgoudie

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cgoudie

I think the wootoff should also have some 19.2 modems for sale.

theimmc

quality posts: 10 Private Messages theimmc

It's what came after EGA, which came after CGA. Now, get off my lawn, you young whippersnapper!

renthsmjesse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages renthsmjesse

chrome likes me

elneonpanda wrote:any one using google chrome? a few woots back my page display has been messed up. Looks fine in internet explorer but id rather not use that browser. All my text is huge and not displaying correctly, other pages look fine, and yes i checked the browsers zoom feature.

babylemonade

quality posts: 4 Private Messages babylemonade
gXn wrote:chain multiple ones together. think champagne fountain.

aha, thanks! you are hereby invited over to my champagne fountain/cascading video party: 8 screens of Terrorvision (maybe my favorite "very 90s" movie.)

regrets only ;)

omh1009

quality posts: 7 Private Messages omh1009
elneonpanda wrote:any one using google chrome? a few woots back my page display has been messed up. Looks fine in internet explorer but id rather not use that browser. All my text is huge and not displaying correctly, other pages look fine, and yes i checked the browsers zoom feature.

I am using chrome. It looks normal. did you mess with your fonts, font size?

Pinged from Newark NJ, to Fort Worth Texas.

Jimbo6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jimbo6

I'm in for 3 trillion of these

JTS

Puzzle-man

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Puzzle-man

It has been a long time since I've bought something from Woot. This is a good example of why. Shame on you for selling 1980 technology in 2011

Puzzle Man

CharlesP2009

quality posts: 27 Private Messages CharlesP2009
macliving wrote:Will it work with my Macintosh?

Go away.

markpsw

quality posts: 3 Private Messages markpsw

From their website: "Daisy-Chain multiple units together for even more outputs"

Each one will give you only ONE extra output, you need to buy SEVERAL!

gjames

quality posts: 7 Private Messages gjames
zaventh wrote:who doesn't need three of these........................................

Hmm, if it can't replicate a 3840x1024 signal, three could still replicate a 1280x1024 image each, and for less than the cost of a used second Matrox TripleHead2Go Analog Edition.

I think I'm in for three.

PCAri75

quality posts: 2 Private Messages PCAri75
benband wrote:Can you do extended desktop with this? It says extends to 65 feet, but I just want more room for icons.

Nope - mirrored displays only.

thumperchick

quality posts: 238 Private Messages thumperchick

That write up was awesome.

The following is a public service announcement:
If you're a white box - aka: have not purchased anything... - shush. If you want the product to move, you have to do what many others have done and BUY IT.

Brought to you by:
WWP (Wooters Who Purchase)
and a grant from Smartpost.

BensonM

quality posts: 18 Private Messages BensonM

It means if you buy 7 of these (yes, you need 3 woot accounts) you can plug them all to each other, one source and 8 monitors, then all 8 monitors will show the same thing.

And "cascade" means connecting them.... the only obvious way? Y'know, output from one into the input of another -- not sure how to say it any clearer.

wooters.us FTW!

Big Ogre Cudgels!
2009 Nov 19
2009 May 15