Poll: Woot-Off! Would you rather have:
  • 25.3% - longer Woot-Offs (3 days or more) 1648
  • 18.1% - regular-sized Woot-Offs (2 days) 1181
  • 43.5% - short Woot-Offs (1 day), but more often 2833
  • 9.3% - Actually, I really miss Woot! Happy Hour 604
  • 1.5% - No Woot-Offs ever 99
  • 2.3% - Other (specify in comments) 147
6512 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

Quality Posts

annwat

quality posts: 5 Private Messages annwat

the woot-off is over? say it ain't so! i've been waiting and waiting for an ooma telo AND a Big o' Cosmos. i'm heartbroken.

promyst

quality posts: 30 Private Messages promyst

Uhh, but the Woot-Off isn't over..

Support the Open Web

seasnake44

quality posts: 1 Private Messages seasnake44

It's over?

MnemosynesCall

quality posts: 3 Private Messages MnemosynesCall

That's odd....a woot-off dirge is generally the new, next day's item at midnight. Say it ain't so, woot!

I sing opera.

rbrtsnn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rbrtsnn

I want a bag of carp i want a box of carp i want a box full of bags of carpii want carp from texas i want carp from other planets

TAZMAN4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TAZMAN4

More BAGS OF CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!! I never get one because you always sell out or I miss it!

unksol

quality posts: 13 Private Messages unksol

who the hell is voting for no wootoffs while they are clearly watching he woot off.....

downby3

quality posts: 1 Private Messages downby3

Woot-offs are Sirius GPP. Same junk that people watch religously and never end up buying anything but a cheap mouse or a set of headphones. Not worth wasting hrs of time to save a few bucks of junk.

ntrebleagain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ntrebleagain

Other: Better products. This one was a major disappointment.

medtypist642

quality posts: 0 Private Messages medtypist642

Other: How about on weekends, when most of us don't have to work and miss a lot of the good stuff.

equazcion

quality posts: 65 Private Messages equazcion
medtypist642 wrote:Other: How about on weekends, when most of us don't have to work and miss a lot of the good stuff.

Second.

Have you been eating that sandwich again?

snarkygal

quality posts: 5 Private Messages snarkygal
medtypist642 wrote:Other: How about on weekends, when most of us don't have to work and miss a lot of the good stuff.

What good stuff? ;-)

equazcion

quality posts: 65 Private Messages equazcion

snarkygal wrote:What good stuff? ;-)

Ok then, a lot of the stuff.

Have you been eating that sandwich again?

chrylis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chrylis

I'd rather have separate Twitter accounts so I can get texts for just www and not kids or wine.

spacemart

quality posts: 15 Private Messages spacemart

warp that, I don't want to sit in front of the computer on weekends

yoda333

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yoda333

Woot off wednesday every wednesday from 12:01 am until 11:59

telymanbws

quality posts: 4 Private Messages telymanbws

How about mixing it up a bit. On the last day the Bounty Of Creatures is always at 4:30 pm central. Why not split it up? Half at 4:30 AM and the rest at 4:40 pm. Anything other then just at 4:30!

There is a saying about those who forget history. I don't remember what it said, but it was good.
-Stephen Colbert

lorenforrester

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lorenforrester

MULTIPLE CONSECUTIVE "Big o' Cosmos"s! NO ONE WOULD SEE IT COMING. AND MOAR CAPSLOCK!

elpepe

quality posts: 12 Private Messages elpepe

better products in the woot-off.

maybe this is nostalgia talking, but i remember the days when woot offs were major events, not just waiting for the random crap, but because they offered deals above and beyond the normal woot savings.

now it sort of feels like just normal products stacked together and everyone waiting for the random crap.

I think it would be better to NOT have random crap every wootoff. have the random crap at 12 central sometimes, sometimes in the wootoff, sometimes not.

Schitty

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Schitty
elpepe wrote:better products in the woot-off.

maybe this is nostalgia talking, but i remember the days when woot offs were major events, not just waiting for the random crap, but because they offered deals above and beyond the normal woot savings.

now it sort of feels like just normal products stacked together and everyone waiting for the random crap.

I think it would be better to NOT have random crap every wootoff. have the random crap at 12 central sometimes, sometimes in the wootoff, sometimes not.

AMEN!

chalion

quality posts: 8 Private Messages chalion
TAZMAN4 wrote:More BAGS OF CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!! I never get one because you always sell out or I miss it!

Woot has tried to make the Big o' Cosmos buys more fair, but it invariably never works. There's no way to make it so, from a financial veiwpoint, unless they were to make 1 for each account and then people would complain that the stuff they got wasn't as good as they expected.

Law of supply and demand are at work here: too little supply (3000 or so bags) for a great demand (almost what? 400,000 wooters?500,000?).

Recommended signature image size is 5k.

TazoWolf

quality posts: 10 Private Messages TazoWolf

Bags of crap that don't sell out immediately... ways we can ALL get them! Woot watcher doesn't work in the latest FireFox upgrade.

"I'll Never Let My Schooling Interfere With My Education" -Mark Twain

"We Must Be the Change We Wish To See In The World" -Gandhi

sholden12345

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sholden12345

doesn't appear to be over..and been camped out for 15 hours straight with no Big o' Cosmos's...what's the deal?

andrewkl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages andrewkl

Keep the woot-offs random, unpredictable as to start time and length. Seem's that most have been towards a specific part of the month, and many have started on Tuesdays or Thursdays.

Since Happy Hour is gone, maybe throw in a random 3 or 4 hour woot-off mid-day some time, and notify us with an email blast... Change things up and keep it interesting... And bring back some of the cool, older woot items.

Just really damn lucky: Random Crap: 2/15/08, 2/19/09, 12/25/09, 4/1/10, 12/1/10, 12/25/10, 4/1/11, 5/11/11, 9/14/11, 10/12/11, 12/25/11

SuperTully

quality posts: 32 Private Messages SuperTully

Actually, I really DO miss the Woot Happy Hour!

NJT - Woot!

ruinsinred

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ruinsinred

I was hoping for more things that were around 15-10 dollars that would make for cool random gifts. I didn't get anything this time around, nothing struck a cord or what did was too much.

geeq

quality posts: 2 Private Messages geeq

Do a ONE OF EVERYTHING Big Orphaned Cetacea.

During every single wootoff, take one unit of each item and set it aside. Then randomly choose one of the people lucky enough to score a Big Orphaned Cetacea to receive... that. One of EVERY item from that wootoff.

pezzltj

quality posts: 3 Private Messages pezzltj

Still hoping to get my first Big o' Cosmos, I've literally been studying up. Made a handful of Woot purchases but I never knew about these and now I'm stuck in a 2day woot-off with no bags of carpaltunnel

joedetroit

quality posts: 5 Private Messages joedetroit

How about Woot-offs with solid woots? You know, cheaper prices, good deals, like the old days!

dlramge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dlramge

Some way to access items that, for one reason or another, might still be available.

darlingknight27

quality posts: 1 Private Messages darlingknight27

I would rather have one day woot offs, more often, with an option to ask if items are still in stock for the duration of the woot off. Like, for instance, say my friend who is looking to buy a tele doesnt get my text to check woot until a minute after the next item is up, there should be an option for the remainder of the wootoff for him to still buy the item as long as it hasnt sold out.

Lish64

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lish64

I wouldn't mind seeing shorter woot-offs more often. Maybe I could finally score one of the ever elusive bags of crap.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Ditto. Never thought I'd have to describe Woot as predictable, but....

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

wikowsky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wikowsky

The Woot-Off should run 24/7

It's so Sirius GPP to see a Roomba for sale ALL DAY and then the next day it is some Jatravartid Expresso maker, or a stinking Dyson vacuum cleaner.

cmmusialowski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cmmusialowski

Or do different types of Wootoffs where some are all goofy crap and those can be 1 day and then better item ones which can be 1-2 days Wootoffs.

wlxw411

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wlxw411

TV's

lparsons42

quality posts: 4 Private Messages lparsons42

How about a new woot domain that is all woot-off, all the time? It could be off.woot.com, with regular one-day woots on the other ones. Bags of crap would be completely random on off.woot.com, instead of only on Wednesdays during the east coast evening commute.

I'd also like to see a woot launch sometime. I can't remember the last time one occurred; that icon must be getting lonely

dsentelle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dsentelle

I'm still waiting to see a woot-off hosted by woot-off the wed nosed weindeew.

TheDrMaSuess

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TheDrMaSuess

How about another Black optoma Projector