geisler392

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geisler392

I have one of these and it's a great ladder. If your planning on using it for roof work buy the stand-off for it. Great for gutter work, cleaning windows, and hanging christmas lights. It can also be tucked away in a cornor of the garage because it folds up small.

dliidlii

quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii

Hmm, AOI computer then a Little Giant. Which will take longer to sell? The former or the ladder.

XxquesterxX

quality posts: 3 Private Messages XxquesterxX

Your wife won't be using this style ladder, as they are pretty darn heavy to haul and convert into the various positions.

I looked at the Little Giant's when i was getting ladders for the house but opted for the Werner MT-22. It has a 300lb rating and got this for $159 at the local Home Depot.

If you need a versatile ladder for the house and don't mind the weight, this is a fair price for a lifetime warranty ladder and only $5 shipping for this weight.

Mine got the most use for doing crown molding, painting the tops of walls and sheet rocking the top of the walls. It converts into 2 A-Frame ladders that you can put a plank across for walking back and forth.

How do you know when it's time to tune your bagpipes?

ratten46

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ratten46

Something I want, something I probably need, but not something I want to pay $195 for. This would be awesome to show up in a Big o' Cosmos though...(hint, hint...woot...)

flipper103

quality posts: 1 Private Messages flipper103

This ladder doesn't seem to be going anywhere. NO!!!!

mhodges

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mhodges
eldiablohijo wrote:I need a ladder badly, just don't think I can convince myself to pull the trigger on this one.

If this one is the right size for your needs, get it. You (and the next 5 generations of your family) will never need to buy a replacement. They'll only stop using it once antigravity boots become available.

I have this one's big brother (24') and paid a lot more for it 20 years ago. It is heavy, but it won't give, or slip, or move. Mine's been dropped, backed over, and generally abused and still works like new.

modi123

quality posts: 1 Private Messages modi123

I thought this might have been the ladder featured on a Tosh.0 redemption... but that was flex-o. Sale declined.

zwoodsman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zwoodsman

250 pound weight limit but all models on the LG site are listed as 300 pound weight limit... what gives?

bzvan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bzvan

I bought a Little Giant years ago after one too many pinches by one of those steel, accordion style ladders. The two parts of the ladder extend separately in one-step increments, allowing you to place it on a stairway or uneven ground as well as a flat floor. I cannot express it's awesomeness.

dsmith88

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dsmith88

Good idea john419 ill wrap picture up.

hotkeys

quality posts: 4 Private Messages hotkeys

I have this ladder. It's the most stable ladder you can find, period!! And it is very easy to use. A little heavy though.

bsmith1

quality posts: 111 Private Messages bsmith1

You folks talk about woot-off killas a lot, but has there ever been an item during a woot-off that actually lasted until the very end of the woot-off? I'm talking like at least 5 hours or so. Has any item hit the 12 hour half-woot-life maximum?

sixfofalcon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sixfofalcon

I also have the Werner version. It's quite handy, but there are some drawbacks that may leave you wanting a standard A-frame painter's ladder and/or a standard extension ladder...

First off, these ladders are heavy. Not as heavy as an old wooden extension ladder (if anyone remembers those!) but MUCH heavier than a comparable non-telescoping/articulating ladder (either fiberglass or aluminum.) Fortunately, despite their weight, you can move them around easily since they can be made so compact.

Secondly, when fully extended, these things bounce/flex quite a bit. If you are a professional who uses extension ladders every day, and has to carry heavy loads up and down the ladder, you are going to want something more rigid and sturdy. For cleaning out gutters and painting eaves once a year, this ladder will be fine.

hotkeys

quality posts: 4 Private Messages hotkeys
hotkeys wrote:I have this ladder. It's the most stable ladder you can find, period!! And it is very easy to use. A little heavy though.

BTW: There are many other brands with exactly the same product, equaly good. Another extra is that this ladder converts to two separated ladders with the included "A" bracket adapter, definetly a plus for the price.

ItsMorph

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ItsMorph
hugehead83 wrote:Looks like sollevit posted a link right above yours From what I've seen. The Werner and Little Giant are the exact same thing.

Highly recommend. Very stable. Standing at the top of this thing, I don't worry at all about it wobbling or collapsing under me. A friend of mine helped me apply window film to some high windows in my apartment. We were both on this thing (well above the weight limit) but the ladder didn't flinch.

This goes without saying, but read the directions and follow general ladder safety!

Cheapest actual price on Amazon is $209....

I stayed up. Again.

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

This is the best oxymoronically-named ladder out there!

------------------
I Bet on Sky

ensuingrequiem

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ensuingrequiem

I'm in for 1; needed a good ladder since I bought my house about a year ago and these are about $250 at retail stores like Ace.

Dman27

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Dman27

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywQhy26dC5s

:D ROFL HEHEH HAR HAR

B a g of crap: 8.5 & still waiting for that letter!!!
Woots: 30
Shirt Woots: 8

~DMan27~

capgeo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages capgeo

Wow, $408 lowest price.Even Woot's price is too high for me.I bought a Guerila (sp)about 2 years ago at home depot that is similiar to this during a 4 hr. sale and paid $98 for it.It's a few feet shorter than this and I love it.I agree w/ $150 being a price that I would consider paying for this one.

george kraus jr

jamesraykenney

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamesraykenney
inthelead wrote:It says max scaffolding height is 3 feet. What is the point of that?

You use that when you are working on the ceiling, and unless you have a very high ceiling, three foot is more than enough.

sixfofalcon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sixfofalcon

I also want to emphasize how awesome this ladder is for working on stairs. After using this to do some sanding and painting in a large stairwell, I will NEVER go back to using a traditional ladder in those situations.

pyromilkman

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pyromilkman
justincredibleg wrote:Is this the same ladder?

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/b7356bcaf4/ladder-of-fail

Now it's locked in place. *THUMP*

Actually I didn't have it locked...

LMAO that clip never gets old. Also the brand in the video is a Flex-0 and not Little Giant.

eldiablohijo

quality posts: 35 Private Messages eldiablohijo

mkentosh

quality posts: 310 Private Messages mkentosh

I can't believe I missed the Chriss Angel Magic kit

mwsource

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwsource

Nice! A wootoff for my birthday? You guys rock!

crowsnest

quality posts: 53 Private Messages crowsnest

Don't walk under a ladder, it's bad luck!

@crowsnest531

merissa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages merissa

Slightly off topic, but why are there so many errant commas in the quality post section? I can't stand to look at them anymore. Bah.

gjames

quality posts: 7 Private Messages gjames
bsmith1 wrote:You folks talk about woot-off killas a lot, but has there ever been an item during a woot-off that actually lasted until the very end of the woot-off? I'm talking like at least 5 hours or so. Has any item hit the 12 hour half-woot-life maximum?

Well there was the previous-model iPhone priced higher than the current model which had only one buyer... of three. I don't recall how long that stuck around, but it certainly didn't sell any more than that.

dsmith88

You would think they would ship out the ladders they sold last week before selling anymore...i want my little giant !! PLEASE

shadykay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shadykay

I remember liking woot-offs. Except for the overabundance of Roombas. Seems like these are mostly big ticket items anymore.

xxclixxx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages xxclixxx

I got the 15 foot one a while back from woot. These ladders are incredible.

titangears

quality posts: 9 Private Messages titangears

I bought this very same ladder back in December. This is actually the Little Giant Alta-One model. Its an excellent ladder. It says refurbished, but in my opinion its better than new. The "refurbished" part of it is that it has additional supports at the bottom and top steps welded on. This actually makes it stronger than a new one that you might buy at the store. It looked new to me. I'm 6' 5" tall, 220 lbs. When I'm on it it feels very very stable. Whats nice about it is that it folds up very small, and its easy to store & carry around. WHen you order this from Woot, it is actually shipped directly from the manufacturer. I love this ladder, and I recommend it if your in need of one.

Addicted to cycling and gadgets..

Denimbear

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Denimbear

I have two of these actually , one is the 7ft one (extends to 12 or14 ft. ) and the othere one is the 5ft model. I LOVE LOVE them . I too have put them thru the paces , and I wouldnt trade them for the world .
One is a the Skyscraper and the other one is the Alta one
I love them to death .

Never Take for Granted what God Has given you so Freely , for tomorrow it maybe gone

dsmith88

Its MY LADDER......and I want it NOW.

jimbobka

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jimbobka

Don't know the difference in this and Werner, but I got a similar Werner 22' 300 lb rating for $150 at home depot. Little Giants tend to run higher for some reason.

barbhoney

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barbhoney

OK, I own one of these and they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. I'm a middle-aged female boomer, and I can handle this ladder. You will never beat this price, I paid $100 more for mine, and $5 shipping? Hello. I'm tempted to buy one for the business, but man it's tough out here in retail....

AirForceNG

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AirForceNG

I too got the Werner 22 foot. Mine came from Lowes, 135 after Military discount.
I originally got it to clean the gutters, but have found that it comes in handy for many uses. I have only had a 6 foot ladder all these years, so the extra height is great.
Lately I have been using it to trim all the low hanging branches in the yard.

dsmith88

I would love to use mine if they would ship it...

cammadani

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cammadani

I ordered on Thursday also, and it too isn't showing shipped...any updates?

kennnova

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kennnova

agreed.. why no shippy?