Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

bsmith1

quality posts: 111 Private Messages bsmith1

Here it is, quit asking for it!

zerolatency79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zerolatency79

doesn't everyone have like 2 of these by now?

bdbishop88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bdbishop88

DJ Roomba in the house!!

kingmny

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kingmny

Love this thing. It scares the mess out of our dog and makes him go crazy.

wollern

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wollern

best price I can find elsewhere is $155.

kungfumonkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kungfumonkey

my old roomba ate my ipod cable. didn't really work on carpet. does anybody know if this one will work on carpet?

pute

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pute

This should have come right after the laptop and desktop PCs, because so many peoples' computers suck, and their vacuum doesn't.

zerolatency79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zerolatency79

note to self do not set this thing to run during the day and then leave the dog out cuz when it scares the Battlefield Earth (2000) out of the dog it does a horrible job of cleaning it up....

flipper103

quality posts: 1 Private Messages flipper103

http://www.amazon.com/iRobot-44001-Roomba-Vacuum-Cleaning-Robot/dp/B002MSO9OQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1308149745&sr=8-4

It has 4 out of 5 stars in customer reviews.

kalilynn19

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kalilynn19

Almost $160.00 on Amazon. I would like one but I think the baby may just try to sit on it.

lunaticcore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lunaticcore

!!!

dgk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dgk

No dock on this one I think but it has virtual walls.

I love both of my Roombas. You need one on each floor!

I have four cats! And Two Roombas.

pbhenry

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pbhenry

Good price for this model and it's new and includes 2 virtual walls for the price.

I have two of the more expensive models -- I love them -- they've been running fine for several years.

ZealotOnAStick

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ZealotOnAStick

Anyone have any information on how the 440 compares to the newer/higher numbered models, like the 500 series?

I see that this one has virtual walls, which is nice. Does it clean less efficiently than the 500 series? Does it lack the automatic scheduler stuff?

eldiablohijo

quality posts: 35 Private Messages eldiablohijo

Get it so you can tell your friends you have a robot clean your house.

We have had 4 iRobot Roombas in our house, and had one give out (540) due to a known defect. But our other 3 are running great.

brentm3

quality posts: 3 Private Messages brentm3

I kept buying these and they would always disappear. A few weeks ago I was moving furniture and found 6 of them with dead batteries under my couch.

jaeydee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jaeydee

If I only had that much extra money. Darn it I get paid tomorrow!

jblatchley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jblatchley

I would only buy this so my roommate's cat could ride it.

moxxee

quality posts: 13 Private Messages moxxee

It's slightly annoying that marketers think they are clever by adding a lower-case 'i' to any product name. Soon everything is going to have an 'i' attached to it. That's iIritating! (end of rant)

kurtfan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kurtfan

Is it compatible with my cat?

renthsmjesse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages renthsmjesse

i missed teh snuggies

lacotomo

quality posts: 11 Private Messages lacotomo
kingmny wrote:Love this thing. It scares the mess out of our dog and makes him go crazy.

Sounds like the opposite of what its designed to do. Oh, and how does it work picking up fresh dog 'mess'?

Mickey2315

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mickey2315

I got one of these in a Big o' Cosmos. a few years ago, gave it to my mother as a present. She threw it away.

Rendnkill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rendnkill

I need a 530 model, so give it up.

Rendnkill

dh4645

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dh4645
kungfumonkey wrote:my old roomba ate my ipod cable. didn't really work on carpet. does anybody know if this one will work on carpet?

only the newer expensive ones are supposed to be ok on carpet. most of the older/cheaper ones do not do well on carpet unless it's totally flat cheap carpet/rugs.

paigeorose92

quality posts: 14 Private Messages paigeorose92

If this thing could vacuum under the crap I leave all over my living room, it would be perfect.

Big Orphaned Cetacea 6.15.11
Bundle of Carrots 11.9.11
Brick of Carbonite 5.23.12

mnuahs

quality posts: 13 Private Messages mnuahs

I had given my grandmother one of the 530 models I got here long ago as it doesn't do well with all the pet hair at my place. She absolutely loves it. It broke several months after I gave it to her, and now she's getting a roomba 550.

Roombas are great if you don't have several pets. I imagine it would probably be ok with short-haired pets as well. Otherwise the hair just clogs em up right quick.

swy2211under

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swy2211under

Didn't Alan Parsons do the original iRobot?

eldiablohijo

quality posts: 35 Private Messages eldiablohijo
Mickey2315 wrote:I got one of these in a Big o' Cosmos. a few years ago, gave it to my mother as a present. She threw it away.

Can't tell if you're trolling, or if your mother is just Jatravartid.

wrek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wrek
kungfumonkey wrote:my old roomba ate my ipod cable. didn't really work on carpet. does anybody know if this one will work on carpet?

Probably not but it sure helps with your cord clutter under your computer desk.

You're so vain... you probably think this post is about you.. don't you? Don't you? You're so vain!

bill3490

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bill3490

Roomba = Lunchtime. See you in 2 hours.

75 total.woots
04.01.2008 Bundles of Clones X3
04.01.2011 Bundles of Clones Level 10

megabite6d9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages megabite6d9

If this was the one with the scheduler I'd get it. Mine is going on 5 yrs old now and has pretty much run it's course in life.

newton517

quality posts: 0 Private Messages newton517

More of a gadget than an actual vacuum - it doesn't really pick up much more than dust bunnies and lint.

Although if you have a cat or dog, watching its reaction to it could be worth the money - ours used to chase the Roomba around the room.

bsmith1

quality posts: 111 Private Messages bsmith1
Mickey2315 wrote:I got one of these in a Big o' Cosmos. a few years ago, gave it to my mother as a present. She threw it away.

You haven't bought anything, so how did you get a Big o' Cosmos? I say you lie like a rug, good sir!

pbhenry

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pbhenry
pbhenry wrote:Good price for this model and it's new and includes 2 virtual walls for the price.

I have two of the more expensive models -- I love them -- they've been running fine for several years.

But "oops" no dock and no automatic clean-by-timer -- it's manual.

rinverso

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rinverso
zerolatency79 wrote:note to self do not set this thing to run during the day and then leave the dog out cuz when it scares the Battlefield Earth (2000) out of the dog it does a horrible job of cleaning it up....

nothing worst than trying to clean all the crap out of the brushes, bins etc. not pretty. never run, if your dog is not feeling well. learned the hard way.

kmeltzer

quality posts: 33 Private Messages kmeltzer

My Roomba is running right now... cleaning as I woot! Can't beat that!

kungfumonkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kungfumonkey

iRobot Roomba 560 with "bonus brush kit" is on eBay deals right now for $279.98 + free shipping. Anybody familiar with this model?

http://deals.ebay.com/

jnimtz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jnimtz

Just a heads up...if your puppy poops on the carpet while you're away, and your roomba automatically starts cleaning the room, and drives through the dog poop smearing it across the carpet, don't spend 4 hours cleaning it because it will never run the same again.

Just throw it out and get a new one (roomba, that is).

True story.