mgullick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mgullick
tuarinn wrote:Both of mine are showing out for delivery today, so you should check the tracking again

OUT FOR DELIVERY!!!!!

I set the tracking info to send me a text when it's delivered.

WOOT! Birthday Bindle of Carrots 7/12/11
Bindle of Carrots 6/15/11
Random Crap 12/1/10
Random Crap 12/9/09

w00t!

bjknauss

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bjknauss
zyrilia wrote:So, if any of you folks out there don't want your totes, shoot me a message - since one of my favorite stores has started charging for grocery bags, I can use them.

I am not sure about everyone else, but mine is extremely small and wouldn't fit much in it. It is about as tall as the tooth brush and not too wide. I would suggest just buying some cheap reusable ones. It would probably cost just as much to buy bigger ones as it would to ship these small things. I see the bigger bags sold for $1 everywhere. Look at the Dollar Tree or somewhere like that. That is my suggestion.

bjknauss

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bjknauss
Gabemax wrote:You gotta turn 'em inside-out!

I will definitely do that and sport them like that at our July 4th Shindig.

rhoprime197

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rhoprime197

My 8.7 (lb) Woot Bushel of Cucumbers Contained:

3 Bags of Texas Air
10 Deflated bags of N/A air
1x Woot! Headband #488 (Priceless)
2x Woot! Wristbands (Priceless)
1x Gwen's Nest Tote ($0.99)
2x Zero Germ UV Light ($3.97)
1x MEElectronics M2P In-Ear Headphones w/Mic ($14.99)
1x Pandigital PhotoLink Scanner ($24.99)
1x Sanyo Camera Bag
1x Skil 20 piece Driver set ($3.99)
1x 30pc Emergency Roadside Safety Kit ($7.99)

I'd call this a win ;)

joreppert

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joreppert
mikebbass wrote:Getting a Big o' Cosmos is a lot like losing your virginity (Gender applied as creative license your gender may vary)

Phase 1: Rumors
At first you just hear rumors and comments about an amazing girl(Woot)from your friends.

Phase 2: Flirting
Damn she is hot and funny! You are hooked

Phase 3: The Relationship
She does her part, looking good, but sporting something new every day so it never gets old.

Phase 4: It's Go Time
It feels like weeks pass but finally the wait is over. Its go time and you tear into it like tornado in a trailer park and just like that, it's over.

Phase 5: The Day After:
You realize there there is nothing left to look forward to.

Phase 6: A Big o' Cosmos is NOT like losing your virginity
Wthis girl, every time feels like the first time.

I LOVE IT! No, Seriously.. had me at virginity!

Gabemax

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Gabemax

My 21 month-old is rocking the headband, potty-"training" as it were...

Seriously, she wouldn't take the thing off for the whole day yesterday....

bsmith1

quality posts: 104 Private Messages bsmith1

Does anyone know how flammable the wristbands are? Be careful with those sparklers folks!

mustangbaby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mustangbaby

Got my Bionic Off-world Commando this morning from my mailman. It was a 3.6 lb according to FedEx and stored in a larger woot! box (don't know exact dimensions. It was stamped with "Received Unsealed" all over the top from my post office, and I thought "Oh no! Someone tried to steal my crap!" As it turns out, it seems that some human just put a heavy box on top of a lighter and emptier box and squished the top in. Contents:

8 x Texas air
1 x Escaped Texas air
1 x Light-up disc golf driver
1 x UV toothbrush sanitizer
1 x Falcon 3.5CH gyroscope mini metal IR helicopter
1 x Obligatory black and white, flower, paisley Gwen's Nest recycled bag
2 x Patriotic Woot! wrist bands
1 x Patriotic Woot! #2851 stitched head band

Of course I was stoked about the helicopter so I plugged it into the USB port and charged it up, grabbed some batteries, and prepared myself. As it turns out, there seems to be a missing connector on a stabilizer bar (easily faked), but the rear rotor doesn't really turn correctly. So ultimately (and I hope you get the reference to a specific gym commercial), "I lift things up and put them down."

Being the nerds we are, my co-worker and I will try to do a little diagnostic and repair work when/if we can. Not a bad haul for my first crap though!

• Big Orphaned Cetacea 06/15/11

bsmith1

Gabemax wrote:My 21 month-old is rocking the headband, potty-"training" as it were...

EDIT: Working on making the pictures show up here... gimme a minute

Like dis?

Edit: Oh, you got it. Sorry I not patient enuff. Funny/cute pics. Most kids I know don't like stuff (hats, etc) on their heads.

Gabemax

bsmith1 wrote:Like dis?

Yeah, like dat! But now I went with a whole other strategy. How do you make 'em small like that?

bsmith1

Gabemax wrote:Yeah, like dat! But now I went with a whole other strategy. How do you make 'em small like that?

Like dis!

[ img=50%x50% ]http://gallery.me.com/gabemax/100381/DSC_0474/web.jpg[ /img ]

Take the spaces out between the brackets, o'course. You can also specify by pixels instead of precentage. (img=300x300 or what have you)

Gabemax

bsmith1 wrote:Like dis!

[ img=50%x50% ]URL[ /img ]

Take the spaces out between the brackets, o'course. You can also specify by pixels instead of precentage. (img=300x300 or what have you)

Thank you for that little HTML for Totally Incompetent Newbies tutorial, b!

scottishbry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scottishbry

Mine was suppose to arrive today but apparently they put it on the wrong truck and went two states away so they rerouted it. Oh the humanity of waiting anoter day!!!!

mgullick

bsmith1 wrote:Does anyone know how flammable the wristbands are? Be careful with those sparklers folks!

ALL fireworks of any kind at all are banned where I live. It sucks. Of course it's normally dry as hell and hot as hell here on July 4th and the fire danger is usually high. With the number of inebriated college students (and the number of less-than-bright people) in town I can see why they banned the things but I still wish I could blast things off and blow things up. After all............. I'm a GUY!!!

Random Crap 12/1/10
Random Crap 12/9/09

w00t!

tuarinn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tuarinn
mgullick wrote:ALL fireworks of any kind at all are banned where I live. It sucks. Of course it's normally dry as hell and hot as hell here on July 4th and the fire danger is usually high. With the number of inebriated college students (and the number of less-than-bright people) in town I can see why they banned the things but I still wish I could blast things off and blow things up. After all............. I'm a GUY!!!

You could just drive to Oroville :P also, the fireworks at the raceway and the ones the outlaws shoot off are generally pretty decent

omh1009

quality posts: 7 Private Messages omh1009
gjames wrote:But it has Yars' Revenge! That game was great. Best selling original Atari game (originally intended to be a port of vector game Star Castle). Also the first game I played where I kept accidentally triggering the HSWWSH Easter Egg.

But something about the version in these systems feels unauthentic. I thought there was a mode where you could catch the rebounding Zorlon cannon shot so you don't have to eat another block of the Qotile's shield?

And I haven't seen one yet that included Star Raiders.

One piece of genuine authenticity exists in all of these Atari 2600 emulators: the plastic parts in the joysticks responsible for pushing on the circuit board's surface switches break very easily. Especially the keychain variety.

Dude! I have no idea what all that meant. I have not taken it out of the box yet, so I don't know what games are in it.

I didn't spend the 80's in the United States, so "Nostalgia" is not hitting me too hard.

About authenticity, it looks as crappy as the original, that's something, no?

Has anyone found the hole in which they buried the E.T. cartridges?

Pinged from Newark NJ, to Fort Worth Texas.

ibuyufo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ibuyufo

I got my Band of Comedians sitting here on the floor. The anticipation is madenning! I'll have to wait until I get home! It's going to be a family event.

And this is what was inside! This has to be my best Bandidos of Chile

omh1009

quality posts: 7 Private Messages omh1009
cjmiller9 wrote:My daughter (9) absolutely REFUSED to remove the headband and wristbands today when dropping her off at daycare. She even took the time to turn on inside out and say LOOK...MOOFI!!

Too funny. they are going bowling today so she will be rockin' the woot bands there too!

Oh no, she is just too awesome!

Pinged from Newark NJ, to Fort Worth Texas.

bsmith1

Gabemax wrote:Thank you for that little HTML for Totally Incompetent Newbies tutorial, b!

No sweat, homie! You can find more info here if you want to get real slick!

thumperchick

quality posts: 244 Private Messages thumperchick

Okay my crappy crapness is here.

Recycled Tote Bag
UV Toothbrush Sanitizer
In-Charge Wii Battery
w00t! Sweatband set - #1182

I made my husband put the headband on - just to see if it would fit on his giant head. It does.

elky83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elky83
kelleyballard wrote:Anyone got headband 666 yet? I'm curious to hear what the rest of your contents are! }:-)

that number would be awesome to get...i would wear it proudly while driving around in my '69 Cadillac Hearse!

bsmith1

mgullick wrote:ALL fireworks of any kind at all are banned where I live. ...

Well that's stinks. If you have any Texas air bags left over from your last woot order, do the following.

1. Take 'em outside
  2. Whistle as loud as you can doing a sweep from high pitch to low pitch
  3. Then stomp on or otherwise quickly deflate the Texas bag of air

It'll sound like a bottle rocket and your neighbors might call the coppers. Then you'll have all kinds of festive lights and sounds in your neighborhood!

ibuyufo

bsmith1 wrote:Fixed yo' pic, mang!

Thanks!!! I tried but I couldn't figure it out!

mgullick

tuarinn wrote:You could just drive to Oroville :P also, the fireworks at the raceway and the ones the outlaws shoot off are generally pretty decent

Trust me - the fireworks I want to use aren't legal in Oroville either. There is soooooooooo much cool stuff available when traveling out of state but California doesn't allow any of them.

Two years ago I was in Belgrade, MT on the 4th. The fireworks I saw and heard from the neighborhood -- NOT an official display, just regular folks shooting off their fireworks -- put the Oroville display and the display at the Silver Dollar Raceway to shame. It was AWESOME and it went on and on and on for hours. My wife and I were totally blown away. At 3:00 AM there were still random things going off in the sky. During the "main event" (say the first 2 hours or so of the evening) the sky was filled in all directions with an amazing display of stuff.

Random Crap 12/1/10
Random Crap 12/9/09

w00t!

ibuyufo

You have not lived in San Francisco. These people near my house are shooting up the big league fire works.

mgullick wrote:Trust me - the fireworks I want to use aren't legal in Oroville either. There is soooooooooo much cool stuff available when traveling out of state but California doesn't allow any of them.

Two years ago I was in Belgrade, MT on the 4th. The fireworks I saw and heard from the neighborhood -- NOT an official display, just regular folks shooting off their fireworks -- put the Oroville display and the display at the Silver Dollar Raceway to shame. It was AWESOME and it went on and on and on for hours. My wife and I were totally blown away. At 3:00 AM there were still random things going off in the sky. During the "main event" (say the first 2 hours or so of the evening) the sky was filled in all directions with an amazing display of stuff.

mgullick

Sigh................

I went home for lunch - took from 1:00 to 2:00 so that maybe my crap would come. No such luck. The regular mail comes around 4:00 but I was hoping the FedEx SmartPost would be different.

Where oh where has my little crap gone. Oh, where oh where can it be?

Random Crap 12/1/10
Random Crap 12/9/09

w00t!

argent32

quality posts: 2 Private Messages argent32

not only can I feel like a rockstar...

I can now look like one...

ibuyufo

I see a lot of people getting box of cats and I do hope that I get a cat in my box.

zekecatz

quality posts: 202 Private Messages zekecatz
ibuyufo wrote:I see a lot of people getting box of cats and I do hope that I get a cat in my box.

Just open the box. A cat usually appears within a minute or two, at least that's what happens at my house.

mikebbass

quality posts: 21 Private Messages mikebbass
zekecatz wrote:Just open the box. A cat usually appears within a minute or two, at least that's what happens at my house.

Sometimes you open the box and there is a live cat.....sometimes not. Its all this bastard Schrödinger's fault really. He is like the dude from SAW but with cats.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
= 27
  • Bags Of Crap

1. The Bag of Shirt Crap 7/11/2014
    2. Blackboard of Cleanliness 7/11/2014
    3. (Hand)Blackboard of Cleanliness 3/23/2014
    4. 2nd Day of Crapness 12/4/13
    5. 45 Down Crossword 4/23/13
    6. FCWCECKMFONPTDMIPWAACBFMIGWS 9/18/12
    7. good-old-golden-crap-days 8/13/12
    8. we-eight-the-crap 7/12/12
    9. in-your-crapday-suit 7/12/12
    10. feliz-crapleanos 7/12/12
    11. who-smell-just-like-you 7/12/12
    12. not-exactly-a-goodie-bag 7/12/12
    13. Barrel of Crops 05/22/12
    14. Barrel of Crops 04/25/12
    15. Blackboard of Cleanliness 03/22/12
    16. Blackboard of Cleanliness 01/19/12
    17. Santa's Sack of Crap 12/25/11
    18. Blackboard of Cleanliness 12/06/11
    19. Blackboard of Cleanliness 11/09/11
    20. Blackboard of Cleanliness 07/12/11
    21. Blackboard of Cleanliness 06/15/11
    22. Random Crap 09/22/10
    23. Random Crap 08/20/10
    24. Random Crap 04/14/10
    25. Random Crap 01/28/10
    26. Random Crap 09/24/08
    27. Random Crap 04/01/08

lee42048

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lee42048
    Endless Steven wrote:Some of y'all are babies.

Woot even tells you it's crap. And you complain about that? You were warned.

I got mine- with an impressive number LE headband (#85) along with some other crap- like a Woot mug, UV toothbrush cleaner (my new office holder), a cheap green bag that my little girl loves, and the Wii thing.

That Wii thing is going to get used, and I'd be happy to have more. LMK if anyone wants to get rid of theirs.

You can have mine. I don't know how to contact someone privately.

SColburn

quality posts: 4 Private Messages SColburn

My 9.5 lb. Big Orphaned Cetacea was rescued from the local Post Office this afternoon.

> 13 bags o' sweet Texas Air (one of which sacrificed it's payload holding the packing tape to the box flap)
    > Standard-issue Gwen's Nest recycled tote bag
    > Standard-issue Zero Germ UV Light Toothbrush Sanitizer
    > iXoft Thermaltake laptop cooler pad - Bonus: it's not pink like the last one.

And the bulk of the weight was generated by:
    > Unitool TL-283 80pc Screwdriver Kit (cool!)

Last but certainly not least, a genuine Limited Edition woot!-branded headband/wristband set! Serial #2906 of 3000. These will fit in quite nicely, thank you, with my collection of woot! monkeys, woot-off lights, a plethora (yes, a plethora) of woot! tee shirts, and mah Limited Edition woot! bukkit from a couple years back.

LONG LIVE WOOT!

mgullick

I have achieved CRAP!

My Crap:

1 obligatory bag - black and green
    1 toothbrush and sanitizer
    2 w00t wristbands
    1 w00t headband - #2905 (I had really hoped for #666 but wooters can't be choosers.)
    2 (that's right 2) Falcon Gyro Helicopters

One of the helicopters had been removed from the box and then put back in with the styrofoam packaging the wrong way. I had to remove it to be sure the actual helicopter was inside rather than just the controller. The controller already had batteries in it. Hmmmmmmmmm...... I wonder if the w00t staff was playing with this one? One of the control sticks (lift) doesn't spring back to a central position. Not sure if that's normal or the result of the odd repackaging. Only time will tell if it works properly or not. If it doesn't, I always have the second one and can use it for either helicopter.

I have the "used" helicopter charging at the moment. The other one appears to be a sealed package.

I've always wanted to buy one of these things but never took the plunge. Now I have TWO of them to play with.

Many thanks w00t!!!

[Edit]

UPDATE -- The "used" helicopter charged up fine but when I tried to fly it the thing started beating itself to death. I took the one from the unopened box and it's immediately apparent that a piece is broken on the first one. There's a black bar that goes across the top rotors and half of it is missing on the first helicopter. D'Oh! I may try to fake a piece and see if I can make it work. I have the second helicopter charging now and have high hopes for it.

Random Crap 12/1/10
    Random Crap 12/9/09

w00t!

tuarinn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tuarinn

Ok, so got one of my two, and it's the 1.4 lb generic. Headband number 1414, wristbands, big reusable bag, uv toothbrush cleaner and the eco canteen.

The other one wasn't delivered because the post office wanted delivery confirmation? At least that's what it said on the slip in my mailbox. Anyone else have that happen to them?

Mlacer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Mlacer

First Big Orphaned Cetacea ever has been officially received, and it appears a bit unique in comparison to most.

The spread:

Enjoying my gifts...

Realizing how well the headband/wristbands go with my t-shirt...

First Big o' Cosmos and couldn't be happier!
    Inventory:
    17x Texas Air
    1x Woot Headband #487
    2x Woot wristbands
    1x recycled bag
    1x Colors: Beginners Experiment Lab (used)
    1x Disney 40" x 50" 3D Fleece Blanket - Princess edition AKA my Date for the evening
    1x Best Day Ever

Big Orphaned Cetacea 6/15/11

sirzman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sirzman

My 1 lb Big o' Cosmos contained:
    0 bags of TX Air
    1 UV Toothbrush
    1 Wii Battery
    1 bag
    1 wrist warmers
    1 headband #1224

Unboxing Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVhj_25_gsU

steveutych

quality posts: 1 Private Messages steveutych

Finally got mine today (held at post office which conveniently closes really early for a few days).

1x - Tote bag (black and white)
    2x - woot wristbands
    1x - woot headband (#2129)
    1x - USB Circus Cannon (this is exactly the type of things that I wouldn't buy but seems awesome)
    1x - UV toothbrush case
    1x - pretty cool looking iphone 3G/3GS case (too bad I have the 4, so this looks like a thing to try to make a few bucks off of)

Looks like what I got was a bit different and overall pretty cool for my first Big o' Cosmos

mlsapack

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mlsapack

The 1.4 pounder has arrived!

- Woot sweatband set - #2050
    - UV Toothbrush Sanitizer (Kills H1N1!)
    - Eco Canteen
    - Recycled Green and Black bag

Same as the other 1.4's, so no need for a pic, but might as well post one of the dog enjoying her headband (she has on a cone from some recent surgery)!

Thank you TPW and the Woot Gods! It was a blast - as always!!

zyrilia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zyrilia
    bjknauss wrote:I am not sure about everyone else, but mine is extremely small and wouldn't fit much in it. It is about as tall as the tooth brush and not too wide. I would suggest just buying some cheap reusable ones. It would probably cost just as much to buy bigger ones as it would to ship these small things. I see the bigger bags sold for $1 everywhere. Look at the Dollar Tree or somewhere like that. That is my suggestion.

I know I can get them cheaper - just trying to help out some fellow Wooters (and I think the larger paisley-looking ones are cool).

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says 'go away' in every language.

jadefrolics

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jadefrolics

Got my 4.1 lb Big Orphaned Cetacea!

1x Headband 2892 (Which happens to be my favorite number)
    2x Wristbands
    1x Recycled Tote (Huge and useful!)
    1x Flying Batman (Unopened)
    1x 2008 Bookkeeper Accounting Software (Useful when I finish my time machine)
    1x Toothbrush Sanitizer

Thanks, Woot!