wollern

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wollern

Why, for the Woot Daily Digest that I receive, does it feature the kids.woot! item? It used to feature the woot! item with the other four below. Now I get a daily email about My Little Ponies.

The only setting I see is "Do you want it or not?"...ok, ok, the actual wording is "daily digest? we'll email you about our daily deals. every single day. seriously."

I don't see anything about changing which version I'd like to receive.

Is there any way to change this or am I forever stuck at the kids table?

Thanks!

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 126 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

wollern wrote:Why, for the Woot Daily Digest that I receive, does it feature the kids.woot! item? It used to feature the woot! item with the other four below. Now I get a daily email about My Little Ponies.

The only setting I see is "Do you want it or not?"...ok, ok, the actual wording is "daily digest? we'll email you about our daily deals. every single day. seriously."

I don't see anything about changing which version I'd like to receive.

Is there any way to change this or am I forever stuck at the kids table?

Thanks!

I'm told that the focused Woot is the one you last ordered from or clicked on from the daily digest. If you order from the one you want to see or click on it from the email, it should show that one for you next time. Let us know if that doesn't happen, it seems to have worked for me recently.

Falcon4

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Falcon4

Yeah, I'm also suddenly getting the Kids thing. Nothing changed between 8/30 (last real Woot.com featured item), and 8/31 (first Kids.woot featured item). No orders, no nothing, just *poof*, we're sending Kids.woot today. Irritates the heck outta me... I just tried unsubscribing and re-subscribing (I really do like the daily digests, I often forget to check the various Woot sites each day)... but I have to wait 'til tomorrow to see if it really takes me for the 25-year-old single computer geek I am (as opposed to the 50-something $110k+/year wine taster, or the 35-something single mom-of-three Kids.woot watcher).

I'd really like an option, because some of those Kids offerings are just downright creepy. :P

summary:
Between 2007 and 2010: lots of woots.

mrbplatt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrbplatt

This is currently happening to me too. I don't want to see the kids specific deals. I'd rather have regular woot in my daily digest. Any fixes?

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska
mrbplatt wrote:This is currently happening to me too. I don't want to see the kids specific deals. I'd rather have regular woot in my daily digest. Any fixes?

You should be able to go back to the digest e-mail, click the deal from the site you'd rather be getting, and it will come up with that site until something ELSE catches your eye from the daily deals.

Then you'll have to reset it again.

I think I stuck mine on Sellout.woot, if I remember correctly. It's back to Woot!Prime now.

Dracanius

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dracanius

Yeah definitely wondering if there's a way to change this.

lichme

quality posts: 2856 Private Messages lichme
Dracanius wrote:Yeah definitely wondering if there's a way to change this.

As stated previously, if you want to change the main deal, all you need to do is click on a different sites deal in the email. It uses whatever the last one you click on as the featured site.

FrostByte

quality posts: 12 Private Messages FrostByte
lichme wrote:As stated previously, if you want to change the main deal, all you need to do is click on a different sites deal in the email. It uses whatever the last one you click on as the featured site.

I honestly had never paid attention. I just assumed it was all random.

Then again, I typically check all the woots before I get around to the daily digest any way. I read the DD for M&M.

Charter Member (0002314) - Friend of the Official Crappraiser Get your Official Crappraisal today.

woot 59 wine 5 shirt 35 sellout 12 kids 27 hh 2 moofi 3 home 7 sport 6
electronics 3 pop 4 tools 2 a&w 4 computers 0 total 169