WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

La la la, writin' copy, la la la, writin' up some stuff, la la...

Whoa! Hello there, Mr. Whiskey! And a happy, um, Wi-Fi Day to you, too, I guess. Wait, is that even a real thing? I've never heard of... Oh, I get it! It's because it's 8.02.11 and IEEE 802.11 is a set of standards of implementing wireless local area network computer communication (according to Wikipedia). Very clever, Mr. Whiskey, but I'm afraid it's much too early in the day to celebrate anything with you, especially a holiday even Reddit seems to be fighting about. Besides, you know what my therapist said about substituting real friends with ones I've made up from my hidden office liquor cabinet.

Aw, I'm just joking, buddy! Wi-Fi Day is the perfect excuse to hang out with the only real friend I have in the whole world! Now then, since this is the very first Wi-Fi Day and probably the last until 2111, how should we celebrate?

What an excellent idea! Haikus will be the perfect way to ring in such a glorious nerd-created thing! Let's see...

our shackles broken / wires will reign no longer / freedom in the air

are you connected? / I can't find a good signal / stupid coffeehouse

downloading so slow / speed throttling is murder / a cherry tree dies

a, b, g, and n / the protocols of love / a paper crane is born

it was Wi-Fi Day / we drank until it was gone / how very splendid

So how are HIC how are HIC What are YOU gonna do for Why-Fry HIC Fry-Guy HIC today, huh? HUH? YOU THINK YOU'RE BETTER THAN ME AND MR. WHISKEY? YOU'RE JUST LIKE MY DAD!

Amander

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Amander

Stuck in Michigan/In-Laws have dial up, god damn/eee-uh-uh-squee-kshhhh!

Sign says "free wifi"/but the server is down again/Stupid Tim Horton's

Wifi straight to brain/Sooo Johnny Mnemonic, but/I kinda want it.

Hey, Badgers, badgers, badgers, badgers,/mushroom, mushroom! So many/important things online!

benzaholic

quality posts: 2 Private Messages benzaholic

420 still wins out.
Happens more often, even twice a day.
Appropriate celebrations do not turn the celebrant into a mean drunk, just a couch potato.

Downside is that appropriate celebration material can be a little harder to come by than Mister Whiskey. He's a friendly bugger that can be way too easy to find.

Maybe I can come up with some kind of hybrid celebration. Hybrids are all the rage these days.

X-WebTV-Stationery: Standard; BGColor=red; Background="http://yourfavoritescarypicture"; TextColor=red
I think... I think it's in my basement... Let me go upstairs and check. -- Escher

yankeefan1087

quality posts: 2 Private Messages yankeefan1087

"a, b, g, and n / the protocols of love / a paper crane is born"

That's not 5/7/5, it's 5/6/6.

QUIT DRINKING AND GET BACK TO WORK!

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
yankeefan1087 wrote:"a, b, g, and n / the protocols of love / a paper crane is born"

That's not 5/7/5, it's 5/6/6.

QUIT DRINKING AND GET BACK TO WORK!

Mister Whiskey encourages you to stop counting and drink more.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.