roadhunter

quality posts: 14 Private Messages roadhunter

You do NOT need this. Save your money!

craigthom

quality posts: 62 Private Messages craigthom
roadhunter wrote:You do NOT need this. Save your money!

Very few people need anything sold here.

brucedoesbms

quality posts: 158 Private Messages brucedoesbms

SUCKERS!!!...

You got SchtickPro Schtuck...

“Giving a camera to Diane Arbus is like putting a live grenade in the hands of a child.” --Norman Mailer
woot!ism of Assurance: "There is [WAS] no finer market than the one you create for something nobody wants, yet everyone buys... "

mvsopen

quality posts: 44 Private Messages mvsopen

In about 1985, right when the IBM PC came out (With 256k on the motherboard), a friend and I purchased one of the first Winchester disk drives. It was the size of a hatbox, had an external power supply the size of a shoebox, and contained a whopping 10mb of space. Wow! Who would have ever believed you could buy all that for only $3700?

LastApeMan

quality posts: 18 Private Messages LastApeMan
glubash wrote:Answer: It depends.

If you are encoding the videos yourself, try setting the bitrate lower.

An older player may not be able to handle and decode a higher bitrate video. You've got multiple options without burning to DVD:
1) Use your PC to recode the video to a lower bitrate that your DivX device likes. It takes a long time and you will lose some quality.
2) Get a newer player.
3) Connect your pc to your tv.

Thanks for the time you took to help me out.

I tried all that except the getting a new divx player. has to have something to do with the format and size though - if i covert them to NTSC hi Q dvd and increase the bit rate to 8000. they play just fine. but will not play right on the usb input. The usb input - at least on the sticks i have - will only play things that are less than 1 gig all the way through. it will play the ones that are bigger than that but only to that 1 gig mark..

this did not use to be the case. it will still play any format I put in , but it stops on larger files.
799 meg plays perfectly.

What Lies Behind Us and Lies Before Us are Small Matters Compared to What Lies Right to Our Faces.

mycologic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mycologic

where the woot are they? How F'ing long does it take to ship an F'ing flash drive? Woot's losing points here...

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
mycologic wrote:where the woot are they? How F'ing long does it take to ship an F'ing flash drive? Woot's losing points here...

We generally get orders out within five business days and it could take a little bit longer to get shipping information out as well. You might be able to use your woot! order number to track by reference on the Fedex website, depending on how they've shipped.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

mycologic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mycologic
Gatzby wrote:We generally get orders out within five business days and it could take a little bit longer to get shipping information out as well. You might be able to use your woot! order number to track by reference on the Fedex website, depending on how they've shipped.

When I looked at my account, under "Order status" it just says: "your order is in". To the right of that it says: "If your order doesn't change to "shipped" within 5 business days, check in our community forums for news of any delay, post there, and/or e-mail our service department at service@woot.com."

It's been 5 days, though I suppose technically not 5 "business days", but still it seems like it really shouldn't take that long to ship out a simple order. This is my 1st woot, and while it's not really a big deal how soon I get the flash drive, I'm not very impressed either.

alien7123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alien7123
kilroy0097 wrote:Looks like all the bad reviews for this company came in at the end of 2010 and until Jan 2011. Haven't seen any bad reviews on sites since then which lends me to believe they had a bad manufacturing batch. Mostly good reviews only a few DOA or Malfunctions in the bunch from then till now. I say the chances of having a working product is pretty good if this batch is a fairly new batch i.e. post Feb 2011. Just reformat to NTFS, don't put anything larger than 4GB on it and don't expect it to be fast.

I agree with that i haven't found many bad reviews recently

tadley86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tadley86

I would just use it for minor things, just to stay on the safe side.

Maybe a media stick for the XBOX or the car.

kate1756

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kate1756

i bought a vacuum cleaner friday from woot and it's already shipped..what's the deal with these...

supermattzor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages supermattzor
kate1756 wrote:i bought a vacuum cleaner friday from woot and it's already shipped..what's the deal with these...

Seriously.

hleib

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hleib

My first woot might be my last. It's been 5 days, and still not delivery! I smell refund!! MOVE IT OR LOSE IT!!!

AndyTK

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AndyTK

Mine is shown as out for delivery today

droppedlaptop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages droppedlaptop
hleib wrote:My first woot might be my last. It's been 5 days, and still not delivery! I smell refund!! MOVE IT OR LOSE IT!!!

I've ordered dozens of things from woot with never a delay in shipping. Everything ALWAYS arrives within 5 days of ordering...I have never had this issue with them, so hopefully its nothing serious!

maciver

quality posts: 2 Private Messages maciver
droppedlaptop wrote:I've ordered dozens of things from woot with never a delay in shipping. Everything ALWAYS arrives within 5 days of ordering...I have never had this issue with them, so hopefully its nothing serious!

They have 5 biz days to ship... I already got mine...

jpnam68

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpnam68

Just joined back on the August 3, 2011 when I received an email from Amazon telling me about this flashdrive for $25 on Woot. Checked it out and said ok John, try it and I made my order. Just got the shipping information and it says I'll be getting it on August 17, 2011. Two weeks from order date does not work for me and if Woot is looking to gain and keep customers this is not the way. I'll be very hard pressed to buy from Woot again.

speedforhire

quality posts: 0 Private Messages speedforhire
theguruguys wrote:.......a lot of people complaining that there drive was DOA or failed shortly after.

Ordered on August 1st, just got it today (August 11th) and the very second time I inserted it into my Win7 Ultimate machine it failed. Disk Management will not chkdsk or format it.

Got burnt! Waiting on RMA now.......

Full Disclosure: I am an I.T. Professional.

checkmate0021

quality posts: 0 Private Messages checkmate0021
speedforhire wrote:Ordered on August 1st, just got it today (August 11th) and the very second time I inserted it into my Win7 Ultimate machine it failed. Disk Management will not chkdsk or format it.

Got burnt! Waiting on RMA now.......

Full Disclosure: I am an I.T. Professional.

did you get yours from woot? they went on sale the 3rd I still have not gotten mine so wondering how you got to buy two days before the rest of us.

eklebau

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eklebau
docnhh wrote:Geez, you must be a pup. In 1986 I bought an IBM 8080 personal computer, it didn't come with a hard drive. I paid $500 for a 500Mb Seagate hard drive! The cost of memory on a per byte basis has come down approximately 100,000 times since then.

Did you really buy a HD that big in 86? Why such a big drive? Lot of people were not getting HDs at all then and a few years later they were getting 20Meg and 40Meg drives. If they had a 500Meg on the market at that time, why would you buy that?

hensleyfd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hensleyfd

I purchased 2 flash drives on August 3rd. The tracking number for Fed Ex said my drives would arrive today, but when I checked today the tracking shows it was delivered yesterday at 2:45 by the local post office. I picked up the mail yesterday and today but did not find any packages. I want to know where it is. I'm ready for a refund at this point.

Sharon Jones

eklebau

On Schedule

Initiated Picked up In transit Delivered
Arrived at FedEx location
FEDEX SMARTPOST MARTINSBURG, WV
Shipment Dates
Ship date Aug 5, 2011
Estimated delivery Aug 17, 2011
Destination

Shipment Facts Help
Service type FedEx SmartPost
Weight 0.1 lbs/<.1 kg
Reference34290079
Invoice number CE02723A-1

Shipment Travel History Help Select time zone:

All shipment travel activity is displayed in local time for the location
Date/Time Activity Location DetailsAug 12, 2011 11:17 PM
Arrived at FedEx location
FEDEX SMARTPOST MARTINSBURG, WVAug 10, 2011 12:10 AMDeparted FedEx locationFEDEX SMARTPOST DALLAS, TXAug 9, 2011 8:52 PMArrived at FedEx locationFEDEX SMARTPOST DALLAS, TXAug 5, 2011 9:36 PMShipment information sent to FedEx

deltatide

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deltatide

Ship date Aug 8, 2011
Estimated delivery Aug 17, 2011

hurt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hurt

Ship date Aug 8, 2011
Estimated delivery Aug 16, 2011

Me and my brother bought one... He got his on Friday and I'm still waiting.

PhotoshopBob

quality posts: 1 Private Messages PhotoshopBob

Need to return this,, It is NOT a 32GB.. it is only a 29GB.. I need at least a 32GB..

Stay Strong

pauldownsouth

quality posts: 4 Private Messages pauldownsouth
LastApeMan wrote:Thanks for the time you took to help me out.

I tried all that except the getting a new divx player. has to have something to do with the format and size though - if i covert them to NTSC hi Q dvd and increase the bit rate to 8000. they play just fine. but will not play right on the usb input. The usb input - at least on the sticks i have - will only play things that are less than 1 gig all the way through. it will play the ones that are bigger than that but only to that 1 gig mark..

this did not use to be the case. it will still play any format I put in , but it stops on larger files.
799 meg plays perfectly.

Try formatting the sticks FAT32.

pauldownsouth

quality posts: 4 Private Messages pauldownsouth
roadhunter wrote:You do NOT need this. Save your money!

You were so right. Ordered two, one was DOA, wootazon refers me to the Centon website and their interminable RMA forms and further delays in getting what I paid for. Thanks a pantload, woot. Will think twice before placing another order if you won't even provide DOA RMAs.

PhotoshopBob

quality posts: 1 Private Messages PhotoshopBob

I tried formatting the sticks FAT32 and NTFS. did not change . I still only have a 29.5GB stick.

Stay Strong

eklebau

PhotoshopBob wrote:I tried formatting the sticks FAT32 and NTFS. did not change . I still only have a 29.5GB stick.

make sure you right click on the drive and look at all the properties. There is more than one number that will show for your size of the device.

mjduncan707

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjduncan707

What crap, this isn't even a 32 gb drive! I just received it and its only 29 gb... This is so ridiculous, I cant believe woot would cheat people.

davej42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davej42

Ordered 2 of these but I doubt I will ever get them. They are forever lost. Says they were delivered but I don't have them. Oh yea and cant get any help from woot. Me thinks woot may be a stinker. They hooked me for $60 bucks i guess.

live and learn

eklebau

Got mine today and I am testing it now. It is just a hair under 32 GB if you look at the long number under the properties. I think that is the more accurate number anyway. I think the 29.5 might be based on 1024 per meg or something like that.

LordRussell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LordRussell

Got this thing mid last week. Got all of about 4.5GB onto the device & now the thing won't copy over media files.

Put the drive in, shows the original files... Go to load over media files, it says that they copied over, but when you remove the drive & then immediately put it back into the computer; the files I just copied are gone.

I'll be brave & state that this drive may in fact be a dog. Should have done my homework before dropping the coin-age on this & waiting a gratuitous 12+ days to even get the damn thing delivered.

Not good guys.

mitpatterson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mitpatterson

for anyone complaining about it being 29.5 Gb, that's normal, its the difference of the 1000 bytes that the manufacture uses to measure, versus the 1024 that operating systems(windows ect.) use to measure the size.

On a side note, i got mine today, plugged it in, saw the 29.5 Gb, decided to do a test to make sure it wasn't a knock off(like only actually has 16 gb capacity) with H2testw (google it, pretty standard test for verifying capacity and integrity) ran it, it failed part way though, drive showed up half full, no files... reformatted.. still showed up half full, did a format from within disk management, same thing, tried removing, replacing in different port a few times, after a few tried it started failing to format it, then it showed it up as a wopping 8MB I LOOOOOOOVE PONIES, sure woot won't be any help, and the Centon will probably be a pain... grrrrrrrr

jpnam68

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpnam68

UPDATE.....

Just checked the tracking on my flash drive and see that my arrival date is now August 19 not the 17. The package arrive in NORTHBOROUGH, MA on August 15 and schedule to arrive at my home (75 miles) in New Hampshire on August 19. They are using something called smart post and it would be better if it were known as snail post. You can't contact Woot, they won't talk to you and one just has to suffer the wait. I'd never heard of Woot until I got an email from Amazon telling me about this item and that company. I can assure you that I will never order another product from Woot, not that they care and to be honest neither do I. I ordered this on August 3 and it didn't arrive to ship until 8:52 PM on August 9, 2011 and then 10 days to arrive here. To all you that want to try Woot I hope it works out for you but I will never recommend them to anyone. To Woot, you can go Woot yourself!!

shredvar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shredvar
bmrbill wrote:Good reviews, and looks like a good price!

they are refurnished! they send me one barebone, only the mailpackage. no instruction,nothing,.i was thinking w/good/deal! all used and scratched....Very bad. no even have a returning desiring i feel completed as a dumb person, Taken for a ride ....Make money w/the smart people!

tluo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tluo

received mines couple days ago... all 3 went bad as soon as i tried to put files on it. GARBAGE. it came without retail packaging so i dont see how i can RMA these since centon asks for P/N of the product which is NOT on the drives...

deltatide

2 weeks... no item... smart post..hyuk..

microwizard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages microwizard

The flash drive formatted at first, then I started backing up my files to it when it stopped working. I tried to format it again with no luck. The flash never can complete the format. I tried other format programs with no luck.

Micro Wizard

deltatide

Day 17.... No drive