Quality Posts

Gripe

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Gripe

Roomba still works fine..... night night

woncoolone

quality posts: 451 Private Messages woncoolone

Zanella

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zanella

It's entirely possible that before too many more years pass, every person on the planet will have purchased a vacuum from Woot!
Dyson has excellent engineering and excellent marketing... I use my Dyson to fluff up the carpet before I actually vacuum it with a huge 30 year old Electrolux that actually works well. Perhaps the new Dysons are better than the one we have :-)

Lots of woots... and counting!

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1068 Private Messages whatsamattaU
woncoolone wrote: Previous Woot

Almost the same, probably close enough.

Edit: to clarify, the previous woot is for the Blueprint Limited Edition.

emccoyii

quality posts: 4 Private Messages emccoyii

Honestly... Why don't we just have a WOOT page devoted to nothing but vacuum cleaners?

bmrbill

quality posts: 129 Private Messages bmrbill

A review of a DC25, should be useful.

matt1976

quality posts: 10 Private Messages matt1976

I've got a DC24. My only complaints are that the cord is a little short and after a year and a half, I've had to replace the brush bar. Other than that, it's been great and works really well.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1068 Private Messages whatsamattaU

I think Tegeril's comment on the difference between the different editions is accurate, not entiredly sure, from the Blueprint Limited Edition woot:

http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=3814829

stockli

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stockli

Excellent vacuum. Got ours off of Woot a few months ago, and I wonder how we ever got by without it. The amount of pet hair it pulls out of the carpet is just shocking. Runs very smoothly, and the canister is super easy to empty. Overall, couldn't be more pleased with this unit. Highly recommended.

bmrbill

quality posts: 129 Private Messages bmrbill

Here's a video review.

woncoolone

quality posts: 451 Private Messages woncoolone
whatsamattaU wrote:Almost the same, probably close enough.

Edit: to clarify, the previous woot is for the Blueprint Limited Edition.

Yes. Thanks!

StCarl

quality posts: 5 Private Messages StCarl

Goes for $399 new on Amazon, and gets three and a half stars with lots of reviews.

(216 customer reviews) ]

emccoyii

quality posts: 4 Private Messages emccoyii

Product website

flynnerdsp

quality posts: 3 Private Messages flynnerdsp

What's the difference between this and the DC25?

lunarc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lunarc

I have had this vacuum for about two years, and honestly, it is junk. I would never recommend this thing, in the time we have had it, the plastic pieces are wearing out quickly, the peddle to fold the Dyson to operation mode is very flimsy, and the cap to attach the hose has come off.

The cord is way too short and the suction on this thing is pathetic. It tends to push the stuff on our hardwood floors more than pick it up. It does work on rugs just fine, as long as the pile is not too high, if it is, the thing just turns off the brushes (for safety) and the suction is so weak it doesn't do anything. I have heard better things about other models, but honestly I wish I just bought a Miele and called it a day.

lunarc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lunarc
flynnerdsp wrote:What's the difference between this and the DC25?

This is smaller, less suction shorter cord, and all around crappier.

sdc100

quality posts: 502 Private Messages sdc100

FYI, rumors have been flying around for years that using Dyson vacuums will void your carpet's warranty. Apparently, the beater brushes are extra rough on the fibers. Only one or two companies specifically forbids Dyson in their warranty, i.e. Unique Carpets LTD, but many carpet sellers and cleaners tell buyers to avoid Dysons. Do a Google search on "dyson carpet void warranty." I don't know if this is mere rumor, but it's something to consider.

sdc100

quality posts: 502 Private Messages sdc100

In a sidebar where they report on unusual items or features, Consumer Reports called the ball mechanism a gimmick. It's not that it didn't work, but rather, many cheaper and better performing vacuums were just as maneuverable using conventional technologies. Basically, they thought that it was more form than function.

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys
sdc100 wrote:Basically, they thought that it was more form than function.

Isn't that Dyson in a nutshell?

masshuum

quality posts: 19 Private Messages masshuum
sdc100 wrote:In a sidebar where they report on unusual items or features, Consumer Reports called the ball mechanism a gimmick. It's not that it didn't work, but rather, many cheaper and better performing vacuums were just as maneuverable using conventional technologies. Basically, they thought that it was more form than function.

Well, the way they advertise it makes it obvious how gimmicky it is.

I don't know about anyone else but I've never had the inclination to race my vacuum cleaner around my house (except maybe when I was 6...) As such, I don't care how "well" it handles "corners". I'm not doing laps, if anything I'm continually parallel parking the vacuum cleaner sans obstacles. I've never seen anyone not do the back and forth dance with a vacuum, except - of course - on Dyson commercials that praise the "ball".

Sounds like from the reviews that no questions asked, the Shark vacuum that Woot sells from time to time is far better than THIS version of Dyson.

StatiK

quality posts: 2 Private Messages StatiK
theguruguys wrote:Isn't that Dyson in a nutshell?

No, that's Apple.

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys
StatiK wrote:No, that's Apple.

Someone should do a study on how many Apple owners also own Dyson products.

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
masshuum wrote:
I don't know about anyone else but I've never had the inclination to race my vacuum cleaner around my house...

Man, you ain't even lived.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

Buck_Futter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Buck_Futter

This item sucks... Enough with the effing vacuums.

daguava

quality posts: 2 Private Messages daguava

Does Dyson just have such a large problem selling their vacuums that they have to hand them off to woot?

djames42

quality posts: 9 Private Messages djames42
masshuum wrote:Well, the way they advertise it makes it obvious how gimmicky it is.

The ball is no gimmick. Perhaps some of you don't care how well your vacuum handles corners and love getting an extra workout while you suck, but I love being able to make it around furniture with the twist of my wrist.

lunarc wrote:I have had this vacuum for about two years, and honestly, it is junk. I would never recommend this thing, in the time we have had it, the plastic pieces are wearing out quickly, the peddle to fold the Dyson to operation mode is very flimsy, and the cap to attach the hose has come off.

The cord is way too short and the suction on this thing is pathetic...

Odd - I've had this vacuum for about four years, and I love it. Maybe my DC24 is different than yours, but all the pieces are still together (although I'll give you that the pedal is so flimsy that I'm surprised it hasn't broken yet), and the cord is long enough to do an entire floor without having to move outlets. Then again, perhaps my measly house is no match for your mansion

cheftwolfe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheftwolfe
djames42 wrote:Odd - I've had this vacuum for about four years, and I love it. Maybe my DC24 is different than yours, but all the pieces are still together (although I'll give you that the pedal is so flimsy that I'm surprised it hasn't broken yet), and the cord is long enough to do an entire floor without having to move outlets. Then again, perhaps my measly house is no match for your mansion

Your email, that you had said was pretty funny, I am on the same page with you, I dont have a mansion neither, and the dyson does what I need also

Hamstur

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Hamstur
sdc100 wrote:FYI, rumors have been flying around for years that using Dyson vacuums will void your carpet's warranty. Apparently, the beater brushes are extra rough on the fibers. Only one or two companies specifically forbids Dyson in their warranty, i.e. Unique Carpets LTD, but many carpet sellers and cleaners tell buyers to avoid Dysons. Do a Google search on "dyson carpet void warranty." I don't know if this is mere rumor, but it's something to consider.

Don't you post this every time a Dyson is up? Very well, I will respond as I have before: The concern is really only in regard to wool carpets potentially being damaged by vacuums with overly-vigorous brush bars. Dyson is apparently thought to have a very aggressive brush action. If you don't have wool carpets, there's no issue. I note that the manual for this model indicates that one can turn off the brush.

showcaller

quality posts: 33 Private Messages showcaller
emccoyii wrote:Honestly... Why don't we just have a WOOT page devoted to nothing but vacuum cleaners?

Great idea, I think it should be along the lines of the old Mickey Mouse Club - the original one. Monday could be Vacuum Cleaner day, Tuesday could Dell day, Wednesday could be two for tuesday, oh wait,better not mess with that, Tuesday will be two for Tuesday day, Wednesday will be Dell day, Thursday will be LCD Television day and Friday will be wireless router day!

losttime

quality posts: 0 Private Messages losttime
lunarc wrote:I have had this vacuum for about two years, and honestly, it is junk. I would never recommend this thing, in the time we have had it, the plastic pieces are wearing out quickly, the peddle to fold the Dyson to operation mode is very flimsy, and the cap to attach the hose has come off.

The cord is way too short and the suction on this thing is pathetic. It tends to push the stuff on our hardwood floors more than pick it up. It does work on rugs just fine, as long as the pile is not too high, if it is, the thing just turns off the brushes (for safety) and the suction is so weak it doesn't do anything. I have heard better things about other models, but honestly I wish I just bought a Miele and called it a day.

I needs me a vacuum, but I guess I'll hold off for the next round.

showcaller

quality posts: 33 Private Messages showcaller
stockli wrote:Excellent vacuum. Got ours off of Woot a few months ago, and I wonder how we ever got by without it. The amount of pet hair it pulls out of the carpet is just shocking. Runs very smoothly, and the canister is super easy to empty. Overall, couldn't be more pleased with this unit. Highly recommended.

It's comments like these that actually make me wonder if firms like Dyson make a model specifically for sale on Woot. Many firms like Nike make products specifically for the outlet mall store market that you are simply never going to find in one of their retail stores. Okay, back to my conspiracy theories.

terminatorgir

quality posts: 9 Private Messages terminatorgir
theguruguys wrote:Someone should do a study on how many Apple owners also own Dyson products.

Agreed, seems like the same demographic

TalynOne

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TalynOne

Video comparing DC24 vs DC25:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dr3VuYqkx8

luk3d4wg

quality posts: 6 Private Messages luk3d4wg

I'm going to post this again: there are better vacuums than this, even at this price or less (Hoover Platinum, Bissell Cleanview, or even a cheap Tempo Widepath). If your vacuum budget is significantly higher, get a Miele instead.

I've owned both a Dyson and Miele and can say I wouldn't recommend spending your money on a Dyson -- they're all hype.

Check out the full review:

http://www.ultraconsumer.com/?p=7

Edit: I should mention that the Dyson up for Woot this time is one of the most inferior models they produce (including the refurbished DC-14 that I owned).

toybuilder

quality posts: 6 Private Messages toybuilder

I own a DC07, the "first" Dyson model. Bought it back in 2004, and it still works great. After about 5 years of continuous use, it started to smell like dogs whenever it was turned on -- I eventually figured out that there was a lot of trapped dander in the cyclone that was slowly releasing over time. I dunked and sloshed the cyclone in the tub for about ten minutes, and problem solved!

As vac's go, it's the best I've had over the years...

ummidunno

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ummidunno

i just wanna know a coupon code for free shipping or something. anybody got anything?

DragoSanguinante

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DragoSanguinante
flynnerdsp wrote:What's the difference between this and the DC25?

About $100...

DragoSanguinante

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DragoSanguinante
showcaller wrote:It's comments like these that actually make me wonder if firms like Dyson make a model specifically for sale on Woot. Many firms like Nike make products specifically for the outlet mall store market that you are simply never going to find in one of their retail stores. Okay, back to my conspiracy theories.

I can picture it now. "WOOT! Edition Dyson, vacuums up ONE great type of dirt item a day!" Maybe that's not quite right...