WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: If you could be invisible for a day, what would you do?
  • 4.1% - Spy on a loved one 56
  • 33.4% - See as many naked people as possible in 24 hours 455
  • 19% - Play pranks on everyone you know 258
  • 30.8% - Crime spree! 419
  • 9.9% - Realize the harsh truth that no one has ever truly seen the real you 135
  • 2.8% - Other (specify in the comments) 38
1361 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

JeffQ

quality posts: 6 Private Messages JeffQ

I'm already invisible. This is every day for me.

Simmp5

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Simmp5

Funny and sad how the most logical thing to do would be a Crime Spree

josephraa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages josephraa

I'd probably do all of the above, but I voted for crime spree.

It would be really fun to get pulled over by a cop and then see the look on his face when he looks in the window.

everrich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages everrich

A bunch of perverts and criminals on this damn web site!

everrich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages everrich

(I voted naked people)

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

After reading about the Ring of Gyges, I would never accept such power in the first place.

btyson123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages btyson123

on the way to Spy on a loved one,go on a Crime spree,by spying on as many naked people as possible in 24 hours,so i can Play pranks on everyone i know,thereby Realizing the harsh truth that no one has ever truly seen the real me.

panthiest

quality posts: 11 Private Messages panthiest

I'm ashamed of all you people who just want to look at naked people. That's what the internet is for.

Crime spree is obviously the way to go.

zarkinfrood55

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zarkinfrood55
panthiest wrote:I'm ashamed of all you people who just want to look at naked people. That's what the internet is for.

And let's face it, most of the people around, you don't want to see naked I'm quite sure...

Didn't anyone ever tell you? There's one thing you never put in a trap. If you're smart, if you value your continued existence, if you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there is one thing you never, ever put in a trap. Me. -The Doctor

pmcizhere

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pmcizhere
zarkinfrood55 wrote:And let's face it, most of the people around, you don't want to see naked I'm quite sure...

Well duh, you go somewhere where beautiful people hang out. Don't ask me where that is, though.

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

jrs1980

quality posts: 28 Private Messages jrs1980

I assume work colleagues don't count as "loved ones".

Except for that one guy...

Pardon me, would you have any bags of crap?

grelf3397

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grelf3397

Problem with the crime spree is that you would still leave finger prints. So you would have to wear gloves, and they would not be invisible.

bodugok

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bodugok

hide and seek champion

spacemart

quality posts: 15 Private Messages spacemart

as a nudist i see plenty of that already, hard to choose between crime and jokes. would probably do an even amount of both.

CaptRobThePirate

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CaptRobThePirate

I vote for all of the above

~CaptRob
http://www.youtube.com/procrastinationpics

ericdalesigman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ericdalesigman

I would terrorize people with my sweet bike riding skills. *side question* Are my clothes invisible, or do I have to ride naked? If it's the latter, I'm going to need a new seat. Yeah, when it really comes down to it, crime spree is looking better and better. Or naked people...

elainewillliams

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elainewillliams

The fact that 33% of the votes went to seeing as many naked people as possible in the 24 hour window - does anyone care to bet that 33% of the voters are male? Tee hee.

j-o-h-n

quality posts: 4 Private Messages j-o-h-n

If I pants the candidates at the Straw Poll Debate is that crime or seeing naked people?

Higher prices AND crappier blanks, no thank you

epicsatyr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages epicsatyr

I voted for Spy on loved ones, although I wouldn't.... I'd much rather spy on the people that I know, to see what they think of me, and what they would do when I'm not around. For ex. I would go to the home of a girl that I liked, or was interested in, post something on Facebook from my phone, something flattering: "I wonder what ______ is doing right now"? Then I would watch her reaction to it. Just to see what they truely think of me.

bsmith1

quality posts: 101 Private Messages bsmith1
grelf3397 wrote:Problem with the crime spree is that you would still leave finger prints. So you would have to wear gloves, and they would not be invisible.

That is exactly what I've argued for years... Being invisible would be great, BUT can you interact with things? If, for instance, you want to rob a bank while invisible, you'll want to be able to grab the cash. If you can touch the cash, you're gonna leave fingerprints. Also, if you're holding a bag of cash, does the bag become invisible too? If not, you probably won't get very far.

If you're trying to spy on people in the shower, will the steam reveal your outline? Will you leave wet footprints? If not, what good is spying if you can't really interact with the people?

The ideal situation would be that you have the power to enable/disable your ability to interact with things at will. Also, you would really need the power to turn other things invisible once you grab them or you're not going to be able to accomplish much.

enthusiastic-buyer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enthusiastic-buyer

I would do what I could to facilitate world peace. Drag people to meetings together, dial phone numbers so they had to speak... take the firing pins out of weapons..

prfesser

quality posts: 7 Private Messages prfesser

Invisible for a day????

I've been invisible my entire life.

RV9Factory

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RV9Factory

As Ron White says, "Once you see one woman naked... you want to see the rest of them naked!"

That's my vote.

binkins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages binkins

I would go to Washington and slap our representatives up side the head until they got some sense. What are they thinking? Oh wait, they are not!

dobieprime

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dobieprime

I'm sorry...but I just have to be honest. I'm all about naked people..

iGGz

quality posts: 7 Private Messages iGGz

I love naked people

i am woot's god.

You're the giant Ken Jennings head? HOW DID YOU GET OUT?

braines87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages braines87

miley cyrus

jgribb1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jgribb1

Wasn't there an X-File episode where the genie granted the village poooony's wish to be invisible, and then he gets hit by a car while trying to see someone naked?

I want my Baby Back ribs!!!!!

tenieldjo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tenieldjo

If things I picked up became invisible, crime spree all the way. Also, good to know that in the event that they invent something that lets people go invisible, I should avoid public restrooms and locker rooms!

netnerd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages netnerd

i have some really hot chicks at work. love to follow them home and watch them take shower! haha

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
netnerd wrote:i have some really hot chicks at work. love to follow them home and watch them take shower! haha

Do you mind if we report you to the authorities on a "just in case" basis?

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

Geniekid

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Geniekid
bsmith1 wrote:That is exactly what I've argued for years...

I admire your reasoning, but I question the amount of time on your hands.

kiltymcb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kiltymcb

Other: Throw all of my jewelry in mount doom.

mailaliasgar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mailaliasgar

The only way for you to be truly invisible is if light goes through you without diffraction/absorption, etc. In other words, you will not be able to see anything if you are invisible. So good luck with seeing other people naked/crime spree etc.

mkentosh

quality posts: 308 Private Messages mkentosh

when will you be selling those kick-ass red white and blue headbands?

keylay31

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keylay31
Gatzby wrote:Do you mind if we report you to the authorities on a "just in case" basis?

Took the words out of my mouth

thomasraypalmer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thomasraypalmer

I voted other - I would use my powers for GOOD! How about it folks!

iGGz

quality posts: 7 Private Messages iGGz
netnerd wrote:i have some really hot chicks at work. love to follow them home and watch them take shower! haha

For some reason I think you're serious

i am woot's god.

You're the giant Ken Jennings head? HOW DID YOU GET OUT?