3%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

pinchecat

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pinchecat

"Famous Maker" is Wootese for "Hewlett Packard" amirite? ELECTRICAL TAPE SHALL NOT CONCEAL YOUR LIES, WOOT!

But in all seriousness, is this 16:9 or 16:10? I hate the 16:9 Acer I have...wish it was more like the 16:10 Dell models I have @ work.

abm007

quality posts: 1 Private Messages abm007

I don't know how many wooters there are in London, but that writeup was AWESOME! That's what keeps us coming back!

(It can't be ~yet another~ famous maker monitor, so it must be the writeups.)

31 Woots and my wife hasn't left me yet...but she's talking about it.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1068 Private Messages whatsamattaU

Yes, probably HP, specs look the same as the previous woot as far as I can tell:

http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4539834

twest8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages twest8

I wish they sold the 25.5 one, so I could buy it...again.

kovo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kovo

Anyone know the height of this monitor including the stand?

It says the screen dimensions are 16.40"(H) x 21.97"(W) x 6.26"(D)

Hoser768

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Hoser768

I got a similar one previously. Can't say I have any complaints. Works great.

Listen to me now, or hear me say "I told you so" later.

cardsfan92

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cardsfan92

Here may or may not be reviews for it
Amazon Customer Reviews

adamselby

quality posts: 2 Private Messages adamselby

I bought one of these the last time they were on Woot.. Been about a month now, and I love it! No issues with my display, the price is almost half of what you'll find elsewhere (and yes this is an HP de-branded monitor), and it's a very nicely made display. Perfect for anyone looking for a second monitor, or small TV display to use for watching movies on their computer or a small box.

adamselby

kovo wrote:Anyone know the height of this monitor including the stand?

It says the screen dimensions are 16.40"(H) x 21.97"(W) x 6.26"(D)

Just looking at it in front of me, I would guess the stand adds about 2".

bubiev

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bubiev

Find the best viewing position with the tilt adjustment and ability to slide from left to right

Oooo Gez, yer Woot 'ere goes only for the best of yer 'igh tec bestness.

adamselby

pinchecat wrote:"Famous Maker" is Wootese for "Hewlett Packard" amirite? ELECTRICAL TAPE SHALL NOT CONCEAL YOUR LIES, WOOT!

But in all seriousness, is this 16:9 or 16:10? I hate the 16:9 Acer I have...wish it was more like the 16:10 Dell models I have @ work.

Resolution is 1920x1080 (16:9), rather than 1920x1200 (16:10)

lifedoutcobra

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lifedoutcobra

I have this 'famous makers' monitor, and i absolutely love it! The first thing you notice, other then its extremely thin size, is how light it is. It has to be under 4 pounds easy, and unlike my other widescreen monitors it is very easy to move around on my desk when there is a lot of clutter. The picture is gorgeous, and its very easy to switch between viewing modes (i.e. movie, gamer, internet, user etc.). It has DVI, HDMI, and VGA inputs in the back, what more could you ask for?

FreeskierInVT

quality posts: 4 Private Messages FreeskierInVT

Anyone know if I could connect an Xbox 360 to this?

My Woots:
31 from woot.com
6 from shirt.woot
3 from sellout.woot
1 from wine.woot
3 B O C's- 12/25/11, 4/1/10 and... my first B O C- 11/19/09 (with a letter from woot!)

desterado

quality posts: 3 Private Messages desterado
FreeskierInVT wrote:Anyone know if I could connect an Xbox 360 to this?

Absolutely, it has an HDMI port. You'd need to handle the sound yourself though.

jazzninjax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jazzninjax

As long as your Xbox has the HDMI out or you buy an adapter to allow VGA then YES! Perfect for travel LAN parties, if your into that sort of thing...

chadyzgroove

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chadyzgroove

Anyone know if this has audio out?

shnizmuffin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shnizmuffin

Looks alot like this: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/751528-REG/HP_Hewlett_Packard_XP598AA_ABA_2311x_23_Widescreen_LED.html

jacvoyt

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jacvoyt

I bought two of these during the last Woot. One is perfect (though super bright) next to my 22" Acer lcd. The other was defective. It was leaking light from one side and when I opened the box, I actually had to pop the bezel into place as I guess the factory didn't finish refurbishing.

I do like this monitor very much and I am buying one to replace the bad one I got last time.

rwfunder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rwfunder

$5 cheaper than on Newegg. Less shipping (newegg is about $15) and no tax for me is a bonus.

moxxee

quality posts: 13 Private Messages moxxee

Is it compatible with a mac? (sorry

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys

The lack of VESA mounting is a bit disappointing.

While the description states the display is arsenic free, I cant see where it states if it is a glare inducing glossy screen?

Wholesaleforless

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Wholesaleforless

Usually on this offer, you can see the HP logo. Does that mean it's NOT an HP??

compudata

quality posts: 6 Private Messages compudata

No VESA mount? Sorry, HP... er... uh... Famous Maker... I have enough stuff sitting on my desk. I'll have to pass.

csshih

quality posts: 0 Private Messages csshih

I'm am 99% sure this is a HP monitor that got overstocked by HP.

How is works is that they send the overstock to another company that slaps a sticker on all logos (an easy to remove sticker at that). These should be brand new but are labeled refurb.

Craig

thechasedog

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thechasedog

Bought this on here awhile back. Works pretty great. I'm using the VGA cable it includes because it doesn't have speakers, otherwise I'd be using HDMI. Dual-screening on my laptop works perfectly. I just never turn the monitor "off" and I can just plug it into my laptop and it remembers all the settings and such (for resolution). Maybe that's just a Windows 7 thing.

mikeoks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikeoks

Keep in mind you cant mount these on the wall or on a monitor arm since there is no VESA holes on the back..

moxxee

quality posts: 13 Private Messages moxxee

This monitor has a Silver EPAT rating, which is a rating system used to determine a product's impact on the environment.

spacemart

quality posts: 15 Private Messages spacemart

60HZ. is that normal for monitors nowadays? I might want 75 or better yet 100 for FPS gaming.

tkiehle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tkiehle

I got the Famous Maker 23" LCD a year or two ago. Under light use it started to fail about six months after I got it. An amorphous bright blob appeared and started to spread across the screen. I'd NOT recommend a refurb from this brand.

rlapid2112

quality posts: 9 Private Messages rlapid2112
Hoser768 wrote:I got a similar one previously. Can't say I have any complaints. Works great.

16.40"(H) x 21.97"(W) x 6.26"(D)

16.4" is the height, including stand. The screen DIAGONAL is 23" so, that should make screen height about 11" and width 20" (inside the bezel).

fremitus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fremitus

yep, easy peasy. no speakers though. so that's going to have to go elsewhere...

(also in VT btw. nice)

vash21

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vash21
desterado wrote:Absolutely, it has an HDMI port. You'd need to handle the sound yourself though.

Unfortunately you're correct about the Xbox 360 HDMI audio out dilemma, but here is the way I handled it with my own monitor. About as simple a hack as you can get.
http://www.chadledford.com/?p=50

P.S. Wow.. 23" 1080p LED monitor for just over $100 didn't know we were there yet, even if this is a budgeter

shdowboxn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shdowboxn

Here is the 25 inch version, slightly nicer. $229 out of Amazon. I do like the HDMI sticker on top rather than on the bottom as well.

http://www.amazon.com/HP-2511x-25-Inch-LED-Monitor/dp/B004G8QO8E/ref=pd_cp_pc_2

mikehrzgle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikehrzgle

The 5ms refresh time may not be so great for gaming.

jacvoyt

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jacvoyt

To answer some questions:

1) It's very light and EXTREMELY BRIGHT! I had to turn down the brightness a lot! It makes my 22" LCD look old and used.

2) It HAS HDMI, so you can connect any HDMI source, like XBOX 360 to it.

3) It doesn't have a VESA mount.

4) No speakers

5) Viewing Angles: It's a lot better than my Acer 22"...but it's not perfect. Unlike my other monitor, I can watch movies on this thing from any angle. Colors do shift from green to blue to pink very slightly but it's not so bad. I wouldn't use this if you are a professional graphics artist but it works great for the office working, game playing, movie watching, online warrior that you are.

redspecial

quality posts: 5 Private Messages redspecial

Is this monitor being shipped from the UK? Just askin'.

lovelearn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lovelearn

Bought 3 of these last month on Woot's special. Used only as computer monitors, they seem excellent. I REALLY like the lower than usual power consumption and resulting low heat rejection into small rooms. But coaxing their HDMI input into working seems like an as-yet unpredictable puzzle. Given 10-15 minutes of playing with the buttons, requesting that it switch to HDMI, I have always been able to get it to work. But as I said, triggering HDMI into action has been a puzzle. Downloaded the manual and followed those instructions. If anyone knows how to trick these into quickly accepting HDMI input, please post the technique so others can see if that works on their monitors. Windows recognizes it at the expected HP model. Very bright and clear, but the HDMI is very frustrating for us.

sirgermaine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sirgermaine

Compare this to the HP 2311x 23" LED Monitor if you weren't sure who "Famous Maker" was.

http://www.shopping.hp.com/store/product/product_detail/XP598AA%2523ABA?

wtfx20004

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wtfx20004

I just bought what looks to be this exact monitor today, only mine is branded HP, was on clearance at Best Buy and still cost me 192.59 after taxes. Just bought it today.

...Not!