sarahjoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sarahjoe
zxinfinity wrote:Are these monitors height adjustable?

Nope I got mine from the last woot, and it is only tiltable but is otherwise fixed in the stand. Nice monitor though, recommended.

wbu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wbu
jacvoyt wrote:To answer some questions:

1) It's very light and EXTREMELY BRIGHT! I had to turn down the brightness a lot! It makes my 22" LCD look old and used.

2) It HAS HDMI, so you can connect any HDMI source, like XBOX 360 to it.

3) It doesn't have a VESA mount.

4) No speakers

5) Viewing Angles: It's a lot better than my Acer 22"...but it's not perfect. Unlike my other monitor, I can watch movies on this thing from any angle. Colors do shift from green to blue to pink very slightly but it's not so bad. I wouldn't use this if you are a professional graphics artist but it works great for the office working, game playing, movie watching, online warrior that you are.

Actually if you refer to the manual on HP's site, and this is the 2311X, you'll see that you remove the bracket that plugs into the stand to expose the VESA mounting holes. I got one of these last time and am thinking about another one today.

BobbyVan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BobbyVan

The write-up is offensive, and I can't imagine that the higher-ups at Amazon and its shareholders would think it's amusing for Woot! to be making light of the violent riots and looting in the UK while it hawks computer monitors.

I suggest you remove this text quickly before people wake up to this tasteless marketing ploy.

PeteCal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages PeteCal

My video board in the 'puter I want to connect to this monitor has the following settings for number of lines:

OK, everybody laugh, then get over it and tell me, will this be any improvement over my CRT.

Pete

PSCACH

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PSCACH

I would like to buy this for my sister who needs it for photography work, photoshop and such, which would be connected to her 13 inch macbook pro.

Would this cut it?

Thanks.

DrLezell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DrLezell

R they wall mountable???

firebirdude

quality posts: 19 Private Messages firebirdude
mikehrzgle wrote:The 5ms refresh time may not be so great for gaming.

Surely you're kidding.

botbry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages botbry
vash21 wrote:Unfortunately you're correct about the Xbox 360 HDMI audio out dilemma, but here is the way I handled it with my own monitor. About as simple a hack as you can get.
http://www.chadledford.com/?p=50

P.S. Wow.. 23" 1080p LED monitor for just over $100 didn't know we were there yet, even if this is a budgeter

--------------
Or you could do what I did and buy a cheap Chinese knock-off for $11
ChinaBuye

I have been using this with no problems for over a year now.

usanettom

quality posts: 11 Private Messages usanettom

Will this connect to my Roomba?

RRC2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RRC2000

Horrible deal. Newegg has had some recent deals on NEW 23-24" monitors for the same price.

firebirdude

quality posts: 19 Private Messages firebirdude

I suggest going to a local store to view a couple monitors first. Compare the glossy screen versus the non-glare finish style. For me, the glossy glass-like screens seem to have a more vibrant picture in which the colors pop more. Judging from the pictures of this monitor, this appears to have a non-glare finish on it. I really don't notice glare on a desktop monitor anyway. Maybe outdoors with a laptop... but not indoors.

Seward93

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Seward93
MarkRea wrote:To clarify I believe these monitors are only LED in back-lighting. If its the same one on Newegg, same specs and almost same price, then it is an LCD monitor with LED back-lighting.

Anyone else know for sure?

You understand. It is unfortunate that retailers use the term LED display (there aren't any LED displays) when they really mean LED backlit LCD displays. The term LED display is a common misnomer.

jerseybiker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerseybiker

This is the HP 2311x monitor. I purchased one new a week ago at Staples for 179.99. So far it is a great Monitor for the price. My only gripe is that the stand is very flimsy. When you touch it, it wobbles like crazy. I'm thinking about returning it and getting the 25" model for about 50.00 more.

doctory

quality posts: 1 Private Messages doctory

anyone know how it works with a Mac?

TY

Seward93

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Seward93
PeteCal wrote:My video board in the 'puter I want to connect to this monitor has the following settings for number of lines:

OK, everybody laugh, then get over it and tell me, will this be any improvement over my CRT.

Pete

Well you only told us half of the resolution setting. We would need to know the height AND width (i.e. 1024 x 768). This monitor is good for 1920 x 1080 and below. The ratio of width to height is 16:9 (if it was 16 inches wide it would be nine high). 1024 X 576 would work well.

You have checked for updated video driver files? The ones which came with your machine may not have included sizes for wide screen monitors but there are likely new driver files which do.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

BobbyVan wrote:The write-up is offensive, and I can't imagine that the higher-ups at Amazon and its shareholders would think it's amusing for Woot! to be making light of the violent riots and looting in the UK while it hawks computer monitors.

I suggest you remove this text quickly before people wake up to this tasteless marketing ploy.

"Product narratives are for entertainment purposes and frequently employ literary point of view; the narratives do not express Woot's editorial opinion."

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward

I'm patiently waiting for my once-upon-a-time massively expensive and still massively heavy giant flat screen CRT to die so I can buy an LCD.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward
BobbyVan wrote:The write-up is offensive, and I can't imagine that the higher-ups at Amazon and its shareholders would think it's amusing for Woot! to be making light of the violent riots and looting in the UK while it hawks computer monitors.

C'mon, stop sucking up for a quality post.

mkottman08

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mkottman08

I bought this the last time around and its a great deal. Mine works and looks like it was brand new, and I tested for dead pixels/bad ports and it all checked out beautifully. The screen is sufficiently bright and works great for anything from gaming to photoshop to writing papers and browsing the web.

magicwuff

quality posts: 5 Private Messages magicwuff

Aww man, the lack of a VESA mount is a deal breaker for me. I am trying to replace my 17" that is on its way out.

Anyone have a recommendation for a similar product with VESA?

BigRob77

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BigRob77

Yay! It wouldn't be the United States of America if someone wasn't offended by something! Thank you sir for carrying on this great tradition!

edringel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages edringel

Your ad today is in horribly bad taste!! Great deal, though.

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 46 Private Messages SmilingBoognish
firebirdude wrote:I suggest going to a local store to view a couple monitors first. Compare the glossy screen versus the non-glare finish style. For me, the glossy glass-like screens seem to have a more vibrant picture in which the colors pop more. Judging from the pictures of this monitor, this appears to have a non-glare finish on it. I really don't notice glare on a desktop monitor anyway. Maybe outdoors with a laptop... but not indoors.

Agreed on the vibrant colors, but my office has a window and a glossy screen is a deal killer for me when the afternoon sun comes in over my shoulder. Even with the tinted windows and shades pulled, a glossy monitor is virtually impossible to use.

Can anyone confirm or deny the "non-glare" finish allegation?

coolekat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coolekat

Does it work with a mac air book? Which by the way I wish I had not bought. How can I get rid of it for cost?

jornk

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jornk
moxxee wrote:Is it compatible with a mac? (sorry

It's not easy to help you when you're vague like that. You could share what Mac you have, or you could look at the inputs this monitor has and probably figure it out for yourself.

jornk

BobbyVan wrote: I suggest you remove this text quickly before people wake up to this tasteless marketing ploy.

I suggest you remove yourself from the Internet quickly before your tender senses REALLY get damaged.

The interwebz are a scary place, Little Bobby. A scary place.

spacemart

quality posts: 15 Private Messages spacemart

found a great article which explains some things about dynamic contrast ratio and response time for LCDs.

http://tinyurl.com/3emqdn8

jornk

coolekat wrote:Does it work with a mac air book? Which by the way I wish I had not bought. How can I get rid of it for cost?

This has the sweet, sweet trio of VGA, DVI and HDMI inputs. You can get a display port adapter from Apple (although I suggest Monoprice) that can drive any one of the 3. HDMI is probably the best avenue, but YMMV.

But, you hate your Air and want to rid yourself of it, so why am I talking to you? Me so silly.

ghijkmnop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ghijkmnop
RWoodward wrote:I'm patiently waiting for my once-upon-a-time massively expensive and still massively heavy giant flat screen CRT to die so I can buy an LCD.

Take that in to be recycled. Your electricity bill will thank you.

whodtthr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whodtthr
traalfaz wrote:This isn't really a particularly good price these days. I bought a HANSpree 21.5" 1080p monitor for $110 a couple of weeks ago and I'm very happy with it. It's an off brand but the reviews on it are quite good. I've seen more than one 1080p monitor in the 21.5 to 23" range on sale for $120 or so in the last few weeks.

And assuming that the "famous maker" rhymes with fuel-it slackard, I'd rather have a no-name than their junk, especially their castoff disowned junk.

However this one does have an HDMI input that the Hanspree doesn't

scribethemad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scribethemad

Picked up two last time this was up, spent three weekends trying to get them to work and was on the verge of trying to return them when I finally figured out there was something wrong with the driver package for my video card. I'm talking fresh installs of Windows, newly downloaded drivers that worked fine on my other monitors, and the latest HP drivers for these

Now that I have them working I love them to death.

I want to pick up a third to run three screens, anyone know if these can do that? I think I need some sort of active link adapter or something that converts one Displayport output to DVI right?

isochronous

quality posts: 0 Private Messages isochronous

I laughed.

guyco1970

quality posts: 0 Private Messages guyco1970

Just bought this, I think and paid with paypal. Didn't get an email saying it was paid. How do I know if it actually went through. I had to change my email address to the new one for this order.

eastsideski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eastsideski

Does the monitor have built in speakers? Thats a dealbreaker for me

mnguyen1224

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mnguyen1224

Which is the better deal? This "famous maker" 23" for 135 (shipping) or this other one on new egg? for 119
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824254058
There's a 20 dollar instant savings and free shipping.

I want to watch movies and play video games on it

guyco1970

quality posts: 0 Private Messages guyco1970

How do I know if my order went through. Did not get email confirmation.

Hengehog

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Hengehog
mnguyen1224 wrote:Which is the better deal? This "famous maker" 23" for 135 (shipping) or this other one on new egg? for 119
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824254058
There's a 20 dollar instant savings and free shipping.

I want to watch movies and play video games on it

That one is smaller. So i think the woot one.

socrdave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages socrdave

I bought one for the company this morning... My boss just told me that he wants another... when I went to purchase one, it said I have already purchased the sale. Help?

Anyway to purchase another one (would be a grand total of 2)?

Thanks,

David

David Kitchen

virtual1one

quality posts: 6 Private Messages virtual1one

I bought two of these a few months ago. They're debranded HP 2311's so you can look that up for specs and reviews. HP logos have been removed or covered, there's a large "HP" pressed into the back case, covered with a black sticker.

Overall quality is good. They DO NOT come with cables but support one dvi, one vga, and one hdmi connection. Built-in menu controls are good but the auto switch only works when the display is turned on. The display has very little physical depth to it (the panel is very thin) so it can fit well into a confined space like the back of a computer desk area. NO vesa mounts, it has a spring-loaded vertically-adjustable base, and can be tilted for proper viewing angle.

Brightness, color, contrast, I have no complaints with its performance. The only problem I have ran into, and I see others have this issue too, is it is VERY LIGHT, light enough to set ON your closed lid laptop without risk. But the power button is on the underside of the right edge, and it has a good resistance to it, so you lift the monitor up when trying to turn it on or off unless you hold it down with your other hand. It's a minor issue, just a design blip. So overall, it's a good value for the price.

If I had to tweak the design, I'd make the power button a touch-switch on the front instead of under the right edge, and I'd also add a "source switch" touch button, changing sources requires digging several menus deep (inconvenient) and I'm using it for two different machines.