2%
1%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

CharlesP2009

quality posts: 27 Private Messages CharlesP2009

These tools aren't great but they are certainly better than nothing. They make for good stocking stuffers!

jeffiekins

quality posts: 55 Private Messages jeffiekins

I got the 22 pc precision set w/extension (previous woot!), and I'm pleased with the quality. It's pretty much what I expected. No complaints.

I'm supposed to buy something? But we're having so much fun with things as they are, I don't want to ruin it!
Purchases: 18 / 11 (nobody cares what, so I won't tell you);
Brownies of Cannabis: 1 / 12 (Thanks, Wootalyzer! -- would it help if I called them something else?).

rlapid2112

quality posts: 9 Private Messages rlapid2112

The precision set looks like it doesn't belong in the family, the "Green Sheep", as it were.

I purchased 3 of these from Woot a few months ago and am pleased with their quality & utility (they're tools, so is utility implied?).

brendan948725

quality posts: 39 Private Messages brendan948725

This is ideal for IKEA build-it-yourself stuff. I got a few of them last time they were on Woot right before I moved into my new apartment.

*MOST RECENT WOOTS!*

• Random Crap
  • Light Blocking Curtains and Rod
  • HP Deskjet Wireless

• 20 Woots! (5 Bungled Original Communicator)
  • 27 Shirts!
  • 5 Sellouts!
  • 2 Homes!
  • 1 Sport!
  • 2 Techs!
  • 1 Wine!
  • 1 Accessories!
  • 2 Pops!

Kingmade

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Kingmade

wow... I bought some of these a while back... then they offered them again..... and again... and again.... thanks amazon err woot. Honestly though the 1/4th driver set saved my butt a couple weeks ago on a lawn mower repair where I could not find my regular 1/4th ratchet.

By save my butt I mean "got the carburetor off to realize the air intake tube had become disconnected from the air filter box and that a ton of grass had been sucked into the engine" So actually it only helped me in ruining my day. THANKS WOOT!

glazedfaith

quality posts: 33 Private Messages glazedfaith

Be sure to take a look at the close-up shots. There are a lot of them...

phacopida

quality posts: 63 Private Messages phacopida

The case alone is worth the price of admission.

TechGuy125

quality posts: 22 Private Messages TechGuy125

I have 3 of these and they do come in handy daily. Great for sun glasses tightening and repairing small gadgets, replacing batteries in kids toys or simple repair. For $2.99 it's a no brainier!

villainsmitty

quality posts: 2 Private Messages villainsmitty

I bought all of these and most of them broke right out of the package the first time using them, on a bicycle no less. Complete garbage.

woncoolone

quality posts: 479 Private Messages woncoolone

These would work well for gift-giving and stocking stuffers.

mkentosh

quality posts: 308 Private Messages mkentosh

the screwdrivers are actually pretty good for fixing eyeglasses

MrCraphead

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MrCraphead

Any chance we can buy more than 3 and keep the same $5 shipping for the entire order?

adamselby

quality posts: 2 Private Messages adamselby

Can anyone recommend which three would be the most useful for me to pick up?

craigthom

quality posts: 62 Private Messages craigthom

The Torx, Philips, and flat-headed bits are worth the price. PoziDriv bits are hard to find, if one ever has a need for them.

I tend to lose bits, so I'm in for three again.

duodec

quality posts: 14 Private Messages duodec

Infinite toolkits to work on infinite Knight Flight Batmans when they crash ;)

I truly wonder about the vastness that must be Woot!'s warehouse space...

Look upon my Avatar, ye whiny, and despair!

drunkenalien

quality posts: 46 Private Messages drunkenalien
adamselby wrote:Can anyone recommend which three would be the most useful for me to pick up?

Only you can answer that question.

BlindingMask

quality posts: 6 Private Messages BlindingMask

I bought three of these last time. I would buy them again but they haven't fallen apart. Useful bit selections, satisfactory builds.

For $3, you're paying for just the metal, really.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

villainsmitty wrote:I bought all of these and most of them broke right out of the package the first time using them, on a bicycle no less. Complete garbage.

They have a 1-year warranty through Skil. Did you contact them?

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

aaltieri

quality posts: 22 Private Messages aaltieri

I think woot is trying to sell off all the tools they used to recondition all those Roombas they've been selling!

Seriously, I got a couple of these last time they were up. I got them for my daughter for when she goes off to college she'll have some tools to fix stuff. I was wrong. I realize the errors of my way now.

I got:
the mini screw drivers - these are ok, but such a small selection
the precision screwdriver/bit set - the bits don't sit right all the time, you have to sort of force them in. And then they just fall right out
the quarter-inch driver/offset screwdriver - The screwdriver side is ok. But don't expect to put any torque on the sockets.

Even at this price, I'm not sure they are worth the cash. I'd wait for a sale at Lowes or HD.

--mop

skou

quality posts: 20 Private Messages skou
adamselby wrote:Can anyone recommend which three would be the most useful for me to pick up?

If we knew what you're working on, we might.

These are LIGHT DUTY tools. I've been using them on swamp cooler pumps, as well as IBM laptops, and they perform just fine.

Now, if you were disassembling jet engines or diesels, you MIGHT want to stay away.

steve

dedla

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dedla
MrCraphead wrote:Any chance we can buy more than 3 and keep the same $5 shipping for the entire order?

As with all Woots, 5 dollar is the standard regardless of how many you purchase. So to maximize your savings, and since you can't buy more after the fact, grab 3 of whatever if you can actually use them.

ಠ_ಠ

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

MrCraphead wrote:Any chance we can buy more than 3 and keep the same $5 shipping for the entire order?

Sorry, but the limit is 3 per account/order.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1068 Private Messages whatsamattaU

Since they tend to mix and match the products (previous woots):

June 2: All but the 10 piece T-handle:
http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4499305

April 14: 22 pc precision, 21 pc ratcheting, 20 pc 1/4"
http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=4441246

March 9: with the 22 pc and 20 pc
http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4376411&PageIndex=1&ReplyCount=651

That's what I have so far.

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys

The 22-piece precision set has served me well. I've not had the flaking problems others have complained about in the past, but I don't use them on 'suepr heavy duty' tasks either. It is great for opening XBOX 360's and other electronics.

One thing that sets this precision set apart from some of the other cheap Chinese made sets is the fact that the bits lock in nicely in the case. I've dropped it numerous times from 4 feet and all the bits stay in their respective holders.

sdc100

quality posts: 502 Private Messages sdc100

These things would normally be sold on Twofer Tuesday. How I miss the good ol' days...

cutdisc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cutdisc

I'm not sure how Villiansmitty broke three sets on a bicycle...maybe he means running them over?? The bicycle was a Gold Wing?
I keep the screwdriver set and ratchet set in my "Jack Bower" bag (sounds soo much better than man purse) for work. It comes in very handy and have used them for everything from under the hood of a semi-tractor to PC use. Mine are fine. A lot faster than going through my tool bucket and dumping everything to find exactly what driver or screwdriver I need.

idbug

quality posts: 2 Private Messages idbug

I got three last time, including the "ratcheting" T-handle. The ratchet mechanism is good for 1 turn, then it locks up all by itself. If you don't care about that, then these are great. If you would like a reliable ratchet mechanism, be aware of this issue.

I also got the 20 piece 1/4 in drive last time. It works great and is fantastic for tight spots.

iservin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iservin

FWIW, Home Depot appeared to have many of these in their clearance section for one to two dollars more. Not sure if this is the case unilaterally, but if you live in or around the 52403 zipcode and need it by tomorrow, you might be in luck. Not that I'd ever want to discourage a healthy Woot

ScottH61

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ScottH61

I wish you could buy all of the tools at the same time...

rydob89

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rydob89

Just bought the stubby screwdriver, precision screwdriver w/ extension, and 1/4" drive sets a couple weeks ago at sellout.woot. Like others have mentioned - great for light duty stuff, moving to college/new apartment, putting together furniture, etc. Definitely worth $14 for 3 sets.

pixiedee55

quality posts: 3 Private Messages pixiedee55

So, how many times has this been offered on Woot? And, how many more days are we going to be stuck looking at it?

pecosdave

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pecosdave

I have tons of tools already, and I have all of this covered in my "good tools" or "pro sets" however I did a Buy 3 for at work tools. I don't leave my (arguably) good Wiha, Craftsman, and Stanley FatMax stuff at work at my full time job. The good stuff stays in a part-time / on call job back pack.

I intend to keep this stuff I just ordered in my at work tool bag, that way I have convenient sizes and box setups without a lot of theft worry. My only complaint is they wouldn't let me do another buy three afterward to get extra precision screw drivers for my buddies :-)

bluejester

quality posts: 557 Private Messages bluejester

Sonic these tools up a bit and I might be interested, otherwise no sale at this time.

hayabusa301

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hayabusa301

A real quality product. A virtual life-saver in those little instances, where you can never find a small enough driver. Perfect for anyone who has lots of gadgets.

FlySaab

quality posts: 4 Private Messages FlySaab

I would definitely agree they are light duty. I have the 21-piece stubby screwdriver set at work, and coworker broke it. He was using it on carriage bolts and probably tightening them more than necessary. The bit holder unscrewed itself from the handle. It has a lifetime warranty, so I called the number on the back and had a replacement in a week.

skidude6200

quality posts: 3 Private Messages skidude6200

For the price you really can't complain... You get 3 for $15 after shipping. These are really decent for small repairs and they come with all the most common tips that you'll need for day to day tasks. Unless you want to spend a lot more, pick up a few of these (or just wait till next month when woot puts them on again haha).

xaro159

quality posts: 2 Private Messages xaro159

I bought the 21-piece ratcheting and the 22-piece precision the last time these were up.

For what I've been using them for (mostly working on electronics) they've been great. I'm lazy when it comes to organizing stuff, so the packaging is great for me too.

Just keep in mind these are really light duty tools. Definitely worth it if you need smallish screwdrivers for smallish projects, but anything beyond that you're wasting your money.

nmdesertdawg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nmdesertdawg

I bought some of these sometime back, buyer beware....You get what you pay for...Not worth much...

jmbunkin

quality posts: 28 Private Messages jmbunkin
ScottH61 wrote:I wish you could buy all of the tools at the same time...

Sometimes I wish I were a giraffe so I could see over stuff !