tennisplayer121

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tennisplayer121
KtCallista wrote:Is this site giving anyone else headaches?

LP

Ehh, yeah a bit.

LP

Last Post

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
tennisplayer121 wrote:Ehh, yeah a bit.

LP

I guess I'm not the only photosensitive to be bothered. I hope they at least tone it down a few shades, or add some more grey space.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

singingfury

quality posts: 0 Private Messages singingfury

Last post time!
Come on, may this thread end
So everyone in it I can offend
With the first word last
and the second en-d
This thread will finally end!
Last post time!

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady

Holy crap is the orange brighter than bright and for that matter so is the white, like shock therapy...not that I've had any.

I'm seeing spots. There's nothing wrong with my eyes. At least I don't think there is. W T H

Love the new tabs at the top, that's nicely done.

Oh and hi, hope you're all doing well.

lp

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
lplady wrote:Holy crap is the orange brighter than bright and for that matter so is the white, like shock therapy...not that I've had any.

I'm seeing spots. There's nothing wrong with my eyes. At least I don't think there is. W T H

Love the new tabs at the top, that's nicely done.

Oh and hi, hope you're all doing well.

lp

Sometimes I see it as gold, sometimes I see it as cheeto orange.

lp

I'm just hanging out, really.

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
inkycatz wrote:Sometimes I see it as gold, sometimes I see it as cheeto orange.

lp

Best advice, don't look at it!!

Last Post

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
klozitshoper wrote:Best advice, don't look at it!!

Last Post

But... but... I like cheetos.

LP

I'm just hanging out, really.

GodfatherND

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GodfatherND
inkycatz wrote:But... but... I like cheetos.

LP

Last Post

klozitshoper

Finale - LAST POST

singingfury

klozitshoper wrote:Finale - LAST POST

We may as well just lock the thread...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

singingfury wrote:We may as well just lock the thread...

Last Post

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

singingfury

ThunderThighs wrote:

Last Post

Laughable...

KtCallista

You can note that I no longer post from kids.woot.

I've been fighting migraines, oh and I finally read all the hunger games. Since my biggest migraine trigger is ocular.... the site isn't helping.

LP

tennisplayer121

What's this doing down here?

LP

Last Post

klozitshoper

Did TT close the thread? Looks like it got a smackdown, or it just a way to keep me from getting...

last post

KtCallista

klozitshoper wrote:Did TT close the thread? Looks like it got a smackdown, or it just a way to keep me from getting...

last post

I was holding on to that Last Post for a while there, if ya all can't figure out how to take it from me, the thread falls into oblivion.

LP

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
KtCallista wrote:I was holding on to that Last Post for a while there, if ya all can't figure out how to take it from me, the thread falls into oblivion.

LP

I have no idea.
LP

move along

KtCallista

j5 wrote:I have no idea.
LP

Obviously!

LP

GodfatherND

KtCallista wrote:Obviously!

LP

Last Post

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:Last Post

Evening Godfather!

Last Post

tennisplayer121

Time for another
Last Post

Last Post

KtCallista

tennisplayer121 wrote:Time for another
Last Post

Very much so! Where have you been Tennis?

LP

tennisplayer121

KtCallista wrote:Very much so! Where have you been Tennis?

LP

I'm actually working in the lab again! Lol, it's totally voluntary so I get to come in whenever I want to work on stuff. It helps that my project is "getting close" to being ready for publication.

LP

Last Post

KtCallista

tennisplayer121 wrote:I'm actually working in the lab again! Lol, it's totally voluntary so I get to come in whenever I want to work on stuff. It helps that my project is "getting close" to being ready for publication.

LP

That's awesome! I'm glad you could get back. Are the doctor's theories working so that you can get some of your life back now?

LP

tennisplayer121

KtCallista wrote:That's awesome! I'm glad you could get back. Are the doctor's theories working so that you can get some of your life back now?

LP

Yeah. Well...the one doctor I've seen that actually figured out what was wrong. Everything is improving dramatically. Now it's just dealing with the university paperwork and all that so I can get my job back as well as be a student on non-probationary status.

Last Post

Last Post

KtCallista

tennisplayer121 wrote:Yeah. Well...the one doctor I've seen that actually figured out what was wrong. Everything is improving dramatically. Now it's just dealing with the university paperwork and all that so I can get my job back as well as be a student on non-probationary status.

Last Post

That's wonderful news! I'm assuming whatever they found is not going to stop you from working in chemistry, since you are back. Your dream is not gone!

LP

tennisplayer121

KtCallista wrote:That's wonderful news! I'm assuming whatever they found is not going to stop you from working in chemistry, since you are back. Your dream is not gone!

LP

My endocrine system is getting back to a functioning normally. As long as I can afford the meds, I see no reason I couldn't continue. Lol, I took a pretty huge financial blow, but I'm still kicking and not giving up. In fact, I had a chat with my research adviser today and he was looking over some of my notes and happened to see some stuff I had "brainstormed" and actually liked my ideas. That felt pretty good.

Last Post

Last Post

KtCallista

tennisplayer121 wrote:My endocrine system is getting back to a functioning normally. As long as I can afford the meds, I see no reason I couldn't continue. Lol, I took a pretty huge financial blow, but I'm still kicking and not giving up. In fact, I had a chat with my research adviser today and he was looking over some of my notes and happened to see some stuff I had "brainstormed" and actually liked my ideas. That felt pretty good.

Last Post

Wow, that is a great feeling! Good luck with the financial stuff. Hopefully, your student health options are better than they are here.

LP

tennisplayer121

KtCallista wrote:Wow, that is a great feeling! Good luck with the financial stuff. Hopefully, your student health options are better than they are here.

LP

They are okay-ish. Some of the options are what basically caused the huge 10 month delay in getting the wrong diagnosis. And really, I started trying to get some help around ~18 months ago, so it's been a very long journey.

Last Post

Last Post

KtCallista

tennisplayer121 wrote:They are okay-ish. Some of the options are what basically caused the huge 10 month delay in getting the wrong diagnosis. And really, I started trying to get some help around ~18 months ago, so it's been a very long journey.

Last Post

I hear ya.

LP

tennisplayer121

KtCallista wrote:I hear ya.

LP

LP

Last Post

KtCallista

tennisplayer121 wrote:LP

Having a very good day!

Last Post

tennisplayer121

KtCallista wrote:Having a very good day!

Last Post

Very nice!

I'm hoping for a very good day in the lab today. Fingers crossed...but not while I'm pouring chemicals.

LP

Last Post

KtCallista

tennisplayer121 wrote:Very nice!

I'm hoping for a very good day in the lab today. Fingers crossed...but not while I'm pouring chemicals.

LP

and now the notice I've been waiting for.... grants out on the 22nd. //sigh now I guess I have to go back to figuring out what I want to do with my life or something.

LP

tennisplayer121

KtCallista wrote:and now the notice I've been waiting for.... grants out on the 22nd. //sigh now I guess I have to go back to figuring out what I want to do with my life or something.

LP

ugh. That sounds unfortunate. Good luck.

LP

Last Post

KtCallista

tennisplayer121 wrote:ugh. That sounds unfortunate. Good luck.

LP

Thanks Tennis, it's been a long time coming, but I had hoped to wrap the project before leaving it... Alas it's not to be.

Now I'm trying to figure out what to do for that little extra income. Go back to school, choose a career? Get another part-time random job? Become a writer/home crafter/publish Orc's games on kickstarter? It's all up in the air. I do think that if I don't see something that screams apply NOW, I'm taking the summer off because I have burn-out BAD!

LP

GodfatherND

KtCallista wrote:Thanks Tennis, it's been a long time coming, but I had hoped to wrap the project before leaving it... Alas it's not to be.

Now I'm trying to figure out what to do for that little extra income. Go back to school, choose a career? Get another part-time random job? Become a writer/home crafter/publish Orc's games on kickstarter? It's all up in the air. I do think that if I don't see something that screams apply NOW, I'm taking the summer off because I have burn-out BAD!

LP

You know, the US Army is always hiring. Just saying.
Last Post

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:You know, the US Army is always hiring. Just saying.
Last Post

Yeah, and I can't go outside without getting lightheaded, at least not while the sun is up. Not to mention that lightheadedness follows up with a month of migraines. I'm hoping that the doc can give me something other than 'wear a burka with shades'. My oldest daughter, however; is seriously thinking about the Army medschool program. She's still 7 so she has time, but we all think it would really work for her. Orc is medically discharged from service.

I'll figure something out, right now I'd really like that something to not interfere with the service I do for the charter school.

LP

GodfatherND

KtCallista wrote:I'll figure something out, right now I'd really like that something to not interfere with the service I do for the charter school.

LP

Have you looked into Amazon Mechanical Turk? They list a lot of junk (surveys mostly), but you can find all sorts of odd jobs.
https://www.mturk.com/mturk/welcome
Plus, the money you earn can be subtracted from your purchases on Amazon.

Last Post

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:Have you looked into Amazon Mechanical Turk? They list a lot of junk (surveys mostly), but you can find all sorts of odd jobs.
https://www.mturk.com/mturk/welcome
Plus, the money you earn can be subtracted from your purchases on Amazon.

Last Post

I'll have to look into it. I did a lot of surveys last time I was unemployed and it drove Orc nuts, but I had fun and was a benefited mod on one of the sites (increased earning percentage - not quite paid, but close). It was time consuming for not a lot of return though.

Took the weekend to spend time with a friend and get some shopping done. Have some summer clothes first clothes I've actually gone out and bought since Ver2 was a couple months old. Didn't get a lot, but it'll be nice to not wear black slacks all summer.

Last Post