no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
KtCallista wrote:Thanks Tennis, it's been a long time coming, but I had hoped to wrap the project before leaving it... Alas it's not to be.

Now I'm trying to figure out what to do for that little extra income. Go back to school, choose a career? Get another part-time random job? Become a writer/home crafter/publish Orc's games on kickstarter? It's all up in the air. I do think that if I don't see something that screams apply NOW, I'm taking the summer off because I have burn-out BAD!

LP

telemarketer.

KtCallista

quality posts: 32 Private Messages KtCallista
no1 wrote:telemarketer.

well, there is a place in town... but I hate talking on the phone, wah

LP

Thanks so much Secret Santa!!

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady

Good morning!

Will I have this last post all through the morning, afternoon and evening? Possibly a day, two or three or will this be the

last post?

KtCallista

lplady wrote:Good morning!

Will I have this last post all through the morning, afternoon and evening? Possibly a day, two or three or will this be the

last post?

Ummm no, but I hope 5 hours was good.

LP

GodfatherND

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GodfatherND
KtCallista wrote:Ummm no, but I hope 5 hours was good.

LP

Last Summer Solstice Post

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:Last Summer Solstice Post

I almost forgot until someone else mentioned it! I wish I wasn't so busy, I'd love to solstice it up!

Last Post

tennisplayer121

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tennisplayer121

Good news finally came through about school. I know some on here know about that already, but for those who don't, I'll be back as a full status grad. student this fall.

LP

Last Post

KtCallista

tennisplayer121 wrote:Good news finally came through about school. I know some on here know about that already, but for those who don't, I'll be back as a full status grad. student this fall.

LP

Is it official???

LP

tennisplayer121

KtCallista wrote:Is it official???

LP

I haven't seen the official paperwork yet, but things were re-verified.

LP

Last Post

KtCallista

tennisplayer121 wrote:I haven't seen the official paperwork yet, but things were re-verified.

LP

Good enough to break out the celebration then! Congrats! Your life is returning to you.

Had lunch over on the campus where Orc works now, lots of incoming high schoolers and exchange students touring about today. It was a bit surreal, not sure why.

LP

lplady

tennisplayer121 wrote:Good news finally came through about school. I know some on here know about that already, but for those who don't, I'll be back as a full status grad. student this fall.

LP

Great news!

No1...top pic please. And before you get spunky I don't mean a boob pic.

Although your very much missed drawings would be acceptable as a lp top pic.

lp

KtCallista

lplady wrote:Great news!

No1...top pic please. And before you get spunky I don't mean a boob pic.

Although your very much missed drawings would be acceptable as a lp top pic.

lp

LOL good luck with our local nonconformist.

LP

GodfatherND

tennisplayer121 wrote:I haven't seen the official paperwork yet, but things were re-verified.

LP

Congrats! If you need help with any subjects, be sure to ask. One of us might be able to help!

Last Tutoring Post

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:Congrats! If you need help with any subjects, be sure to ask. One of us might be able to help!

Last Tutoring Post

I do Godfather. Thinking of spending a night in your state, want to make it somewhere near MT. Any suggestions? The thought right now is leave MN, head towards MT, try to get across MT or at least to Missoula, the next day. Oh and we would like to see one cool thing, so what's your favorite cool thing not too far off the interstate (which given the size and our time table not too far is rather relative )

edited: route and plan could be easily changed to accommodate said cool thing, and I don't really care if it affects the night accommodations, we don't have to get all the way to Missoula the next day, it's just an idea.

Last Post

tennisplayer121

Well...I still haven't gotten the official paperwork, but the courses from that semester all show that everything went through! Lol, so I take it that it's official enough now to call it official. Yay!!!

LP

Last Post

KtCallista

tennisplayer121 wrote:Well...I still haven't gotten the official paperwork, but the courses from that semester all show that everything went through! Lol, so I take it that it's official enough now to call it official. Yay!!!

LP

Congrats Tennis! Have fun getting back to the grindstone.

LP

tennisplayer121

KtCallista wrote:Congrats Tennis! Have fun getting back to the grindstone.

LP

Haha, I'm kind of already doing that. :P Might have opened up even more reactions I have to explore today. I've gotta stop exploring and just get things done that have to be done.

How are things going for you?

LP

Last Post

GodfatherND

KtCallista wrote:I do Godfather. Thinking of spending a night in your state, want to make it somewhere near MT. Any suggestions?Last Post

I live 100 miles from the MT border (D_i_c_kinson, ND). The western part of ND is in a boom. Our city has almost doubled in size in 3 years. Hotel rooms are in high demand, but some hotels try to save rooms for travellers. Make reservations!

The Theodore Roosevelt National Park and Painted Canyon are about 45 miles west of D_i_c_kinson. Painted Canyon is free, and offers a wonderful view of the Badlands. You just might see a wild buffalo. The state park costs $15 for a car-load, and it's about a 21 mile drive through the park. The small city of Medora is just outside the park, and it's a favorite tourist attraction...complete with the Cowboy Museum.

D_i_c_kinson has a dinosaur museum that's pretty cool.

Last Tourism Post

Darned auto=correct doesn't like the name of my city!

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:I live 100 miles from the MT border (D_i_c_kinson, ND). The western part of ND is in a boom. Our city has almost doubled in size in 3 years. Hotel rooms are in high demand, but some hotels try to save rooms for travellers. Make reservations!

The Theodore Roosevelt National Park and Painted Canyon are about 45 miles west of D_i_c_kinson. Painted Canyon is free, and offers a wonderful view of the Badlands. You just might see a wild buffalo. The state park costs $15 for a car-load, and it's about a 21 mile drive through the park. The small city of Medora is just outside the park, and it's a favorite tourist attraction...complete with the Cowboy Museum.

D_i_c_kinson has a dinosaur museum that's pretty cool.

Last Tourism Post

Darned auto=correct doesn't like the name of my city!

Thanks Godfather! I shared this with Orc.

Last in the shadow of the presidents Post

tennisplayer121

23 more posts after this
LP

Last Post

GodfatherND

tennisplayer121 wrote:23 more posts after this
LP

Last Post

lplady

It's about time for another

last post!

KtCallista

Checking in from a place that is WAY TOO HOT!

Last Post

lplady

KtCallista wrote:Checking in from a place that is WAY TOO HOT!

Last Post

HOW HOT IS IT?

MOOOOM, are we there yet?!?!??

lp

KtCallista

lplady wrote:HOW HOT IS IT?

MOOOOM, are we there yet?!?!??

lp

I don't know I'm hiding in the basement :P

There is not there yet, there is just are we driving again today?

Which is no, that's tomorrow.

Accuweather says 91 feels like 104

Last Post

tennisplayer121

KtCallista wrote:I don't know I'm hiding in the basement :P

There is not there yet, there is just are we driving again today?

Which is no, that's tomorrow.

Accuweather says 91 feels like 104

Last Post

We are only at 90 right now. Back at my apartment (4 hours north of where I am right now) it's 96. It drives me crazy. It's colder in the winter and hotter in the summer. You'd think by moving up there, the summers would have been a little more pleasant, but it's routinely hotter.

LP

Last Post

KtCallista

tennisplayer121 wrote:We are only at 90 right now. Back at my apartment (4 hours north of where I am right now) it's 96. It drives me crazy. It's colder in the winter and hotter in the summer. You'd think by moving up there, the summers would have been a little more pleasant, but it's routinely hotter.

LP

Yeah, I'm really going to be much more comfortable when we get back to the PNW. Can't really beat the weather, especially if you like rain

LP

GodfatherND

KtCallista wrote:Yeah, I'm really going to be much more comfortable when we get back to the PNW. Can't really beat the weather, especially if you like rain

LP

Last Post

tennisplayer121

LP

Last Post

KtCallista

tennisplayer121 wrote:LP

I have internet (for a couple more hours!) Last Post

tennisplayer121

KtCallista wrote:I have internet (for a couple more hours!) Last Post

We better LP it up while you have it then!

LP

Last Post

KtCallista

tennisplayer121 wrote:We better LP it up while you have it then!

LP

Yes you had, probably won't have internet most of tomorrow, then Mon-Wed. Keep the thread where I can find it!

LP

tennisplayer121

KtCallista wrote:Yes you had, probably won't have internet most of tomorrow, then Mon-Wed. Keep the thread where I can find it!

LP

I'll try. LP

Last Post

GodfatherND

Last Post before I melt

tennisplayer121

GodfatherND wrote:Last Post before I melt

From water or heat?
LP

Last Post

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:Last Post before I melt

Oh that's a bad, even there? We had to abandon ND for this trip. We were having too hard of a time finding a reserve-able camping site and with all the holiday and the weather we didn't want to risk the "first come" sites. Maybe next time?

We also don't want to wait in line on I-90 through WY, so state highway here we come! It'll be different scenery at least, right? Still haven't really done Wall Drug, thinking about the Laura Wilder museum in De Smet... Did the one in Walnut Grove, kids haven't seen the TV shows or read the books, but it was really cool and lots of hands on pioneer stuff.

And yes, I'm avoiding doing other stuff.

LP

lplady

KtCallista wrote:Oh that's a bad, even there? We had to abandon ND for this trip. We were having too hard of a time finding a reserve-able camping site and with all the holiday and the weather we didn't want to risk the "first come" sites. Maybe next time?

We also don't want to wait in line on I-90 through WY, so state highway here we come! It'll be different scenery at least, right? Still haven't really done Wall Drug, thinking about the Laura Wilder museum in De Smet... Did the one in Walnut Grove, kids haven't seen the TV shows or read the books, but it was really cool and lots of hands on pioneer stuff.

LP

Have a safe drive back home. Have fun along the way.

lp

GodfatherND

KtCallista wrote:Oh that's a bad, even there? We had to abandon ND for this trip. We were having too hard of a time finding a reserve-able camping site and with all the holiday and the weather we didn't want to risk the "first come" sites. Maybe next time?

LP

The heat wave it not too bad in ND; I just don't like summer temps at all. This coming week will bring temps in the high 80s. Sigh.

Wall Drug...Free Ice Water! That's their slogan, and sure enough, you can get free ice water there.

Hmm...ice water...
LP

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:The heat wave it not too bad in ND; I just don't like summer temps at all. This coming week will bring temps in the high 80s. Sigh.

Wall Drug...Free Ice Water! That's their slogan, and sure enough, you can get free ice water there.

Hmm...ice water...
LP

We stopped in Wall Drug for like 5 minutes in March, but they were closing because it was the off-season. I know it's cheesy, but I'm a little bummed we can't do the Enchanted Highway. I saw the flying geese sculpture when we were driving like crazy last trip and I really wanted to stop and look around this time. Oh well, another trip.

I found out earlier today that it's pushing 90 at home too, really not looking forward to that, it was 49 for a high the day we left. We have yet to have a day that feels less than 100 here, so maybe it won't be too miserable. I don't enjoy the 80s that much either. When you put on shorts when it gets to 60, that's just too hot!

Last Post

lplady

tennisplayer121 wrote:23 more posts after this
LP

19 more now. You sure move at a slow pace on woot.

lp