KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
GodfatherND wrote:We have showers coming through our area on Sunday. That will help.

LP

The wind direction changed last night, it's supposed to be pretty decent so we are going to the fair!

LP

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

jawsuser

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
KtCallista wrote:The wind direction changed last night, it's supposed to be pretty decent so we are going to the fair!

LP

Enjoy the fair.
LP

GodfatherND

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GodfatherND
jawsuser wrote:Enjoy the fair.
LP

I hope she brings us cotton candy.

LP

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:I hope she brings us cotton candy.

LP

I would have if I'd bought the big bag, bought the small one because oldest said she didn't want cotton candy and barely had enough. Although the FFA elephant ears were bigger this year so we had a bit too much elephant ear!

LP

jawsuser

KtCallista wrote:I would have if I'd bought the big bag, bought the small one because oldest said she didn't want cotton candy and barely had enough. Although the FFA elephant ears were bigger this year so we had a bit too much elephant ear!

LP

Have never tried the elephant ears. Love cotton candy and in Boise they had this incredible strawberry lemonade with fresh strawberries. I would go just for the lemonade but the whole fair was wonderful! I am a little jealous. My sis and her family went to the Puyallup fair. That is a fair!!!LP

KtCallista

jawsuser wrote:Have never tried the elephant ears. Love cotton candy and in Boise they had this incredible strawberry lemonade with fresh strawberries. I would go just for the lemonade but the whole fair was wonderful! I am a little jealous. My sis and her family went to the Puyallup fair. That is a fair!!!

I used to do 4H at the Boise fair and the Canyon County fair, Canyon County is still my favorite Idaho fair. Boise was ok, and there were some great shows, but from the 4H side the Canyon fair was home. Still adjusting to the fair here, every year it is the one thing I wish we moved back to Boise to do.

As for treats, you can't beat a Westside Ice Cream Potato ;)

Last Post

jawsuser

KtCallista wrote:I used to do 4H at the Boise fair and the Canyon County fair, Canyon County is still my favorite Idaho fair. Boise was ok, and there were some great shows, but from the 4H side the Canyon fair was home. Still adjusting to the fair here, every year it is the one thing I wish we moved back to Boise to do.

As for treats, you can't beat a Westside Ice Cream Potato ;)

Last Post

Never heard of the West side Ice Cream Potatoe, but it sounds good. Never made it to the Canyon County fair, would have liked to go. Transportation issues. LP

KtCallista

jawsuser wrote:Never heard of the West side Ice Cream Potatoe, but it sounds good. Never made it to the Canyon County fair, would have liked to go. Transportation issues. LP

Yeah, no public transit in Boise. I hate that about down there, and everything is the epitome of sprawl *shudder*

LP

Bonus Pic - a Chef Lou's Westside Ice Cream Potato!

l to the p

jawsuser

KtCallista wrote:Yeah, no public transit in Boise. I hate that about down there, and everything is the epitome of sprawl *shudder*
l to the p

Actually Boise had buses, not the best, but there were buses. That West side Ice Cream Potatoe looks fabulous. Now I'm hungry. :-(
Last hungry Post.

KtCallista

jawsuser wrote:Actually Boise had buses, not the best, but there were buses. That West side Ice Cream Potatoe looks fabulous. Now I'm hungry. :-(
Last hungry Post.

Depends on where you are/were, and yeah not good compared to most cities.

Make Vanilla Ice Cream
Shape by hand into a potato shape
roll in cocoa powder (or hot cocoa mix - I think this is better)
freeze again
slice potato open add chocolate syrup, whip cream, nuts, and cookie crumbles

Get spoon and enjoy

You're welcome

Last Post

GodfatherND

KtCallista wrote:Depends on where you are/were, and yeah not good compared to most cities.

Make Vanilla Ice Cream
freeze again

Get spoon and enjoy

You're welcome

Last Post

Yummy!
LP

jawsuser

KtCallista wrote:Depends on where you are/were, and yeah not good compared to most cities.

Make Vanilla Ice Cream
freeze again

Get spoon and enjoy

You're welcome

Last Post

Okay I think I am going to make a version of that without the freezing step, cookie crumbles, or whipped cream (things I don't have). Back after I make one. Thanks for the recipe. LP

KtCallista

jawsuser wrote:Okay I think I am going to make a version of that without the freezing step, cookie crumbles, or whipped cream (things I don't have). Back after I make one. Thanks for the recipe. LP

Anytime!

Last Post

jawsuser

KtCallista wrote:Anytime!

Last Post

Okay now I've had my ice cream fix and am following it up with salty potatoe chips. Great right before bed snack. LP

KtCallista

jawsuser wrote:Okay now I've had my ice cream fix and am following it up with salty potatoe chips. Great right before bed snack. LP

Orc just left for the grocery store, I bet he'll bring back something evil for a late night snack here.

LP

jawsuser

KtCallista wrote:Orc just left for the grocery store, I bet he'll bring back something evil for a late night snack here.

LP

That is one good thing about no buses and not driving. No temptation to run out for a late night craving. Its after midnight and dad will be up about five or six wanting me to check his sugar so I will say g'night all. LP

KtCallista

jawsuser wrote:That is one good thing about no buses and not driving. No temptation to run out for a late night craving. Its after midnight and dad will be up about five or six wanting me to check his sugar so I will say g'night all. LP

My friends just walk after the buses stop. Actually, they walk most of the time. Gotta love a small town!

Have a good night.

LP

GodfatherND

KtCallista wrote:My friends just walk after the buses stop. Actually, they walk most of the time. Gotta love a small town!

Have a good night.

LP

Last Post

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:Last Post

LP

jawsuser

KtCallista wrote:My friends just walk after the buses stop. Actually, they walk most of the time. Gotta love a small town!

Have a good night.

LP

Wish I was close enough to town to walk. LP

KtCallista

jawsuser wrote:Wish I was close enough to town to walk.

It is nice. We lived out of town for a while, and I loved it! But, I really hated all the driving we did and often having two cars in town by the end of the night and all driving back out to the house. Walking is a nice option.

LP

GodfatherND

KtCallista wrote:It is nice. We lived out of town for a while, and I loved it! But, I really hated all the driving we did and often having two cars in town by the end of the night and all driving back out to the house. Walking is a nice option.

LP

Last Post

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:Last Post

Last Last LAST Post

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:Last Last LAST Post

lp

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:lp

Ok, I went to see if I could find the last post flag. And I did a Google Image Search for Last Post. The first image that came up is my "Sticky" top pic - marked shared by Matt Rutledge, I think we have a lurker!

LP

GodfatherND

KtCallista wrote:Ok, I went to see if I could find the last post flag. And I did a Google Image Search for Last Post. The first image that came up is my "Sticky" top pic - marked shared by Matt Rutledge, I think we have a lurker!

LP

Lurker Posting
Last Post

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:Lurker Posting
Last Post

If only Lurkers remembered to post Last Post

Last Post

GodfatherND

KtCallista wrote:If only Lurkers remembered to post Last Post

Last Post

LP

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:LP

Last Post

GodfatherND

KtCallista wrote:Last Post

Woot Off
Last Post

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:Woot Off
Last Post

Oh yeah, I suppose I should download woot-alyzer on this.

LP

jawsuser

KtCallista wrote:Oh yeah, I suppose I should download woot-alyzer on this.

LP

We are having an awesome thunder and lightening storm right now. We were under a severe storm watch earlier. It was funny, they said to stay away from windows. The only place without windows is the hallway.

We live in the house my grandfather had built for my grandmother out of wood cut and milled on the property. Dad grew up here and knows the place so he feels safe. If I had my way we would be living somewhere with buses or at the very least taxis or stores within walking distance.

Need to try to get back to sleep. Late night Last Post.

KtCallista

jawsuser wrote:We are having an awesome thunder and lightening storm right now. We were under a severe storm watch earlier. It was funny, they said to stay away from windows. The only place without windows is the hallway.

We live in the house my grandfather had built for my grandmother out of wood cut and milled on the property. Dad grew up here and knows the place so he feels safe. If I had my way we would be living somewhere with buses or at the very least taxis or stores within walking distance.

Need to try to get back to sleep. Late night Last Post.

Having a family home like that does make it harder. We have no anchor so we technically can move where we like.

LP

GodfatherND

KtCallista wrote:Having a family home like that does make it harder. We have no anchor so we technically can move where we like.

LP

Anchors aweigh!
LP

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:Anchors aweigh!
LP

That's been something we've thought about! I've never spent any time on a ship though.

Last Post

GodfatherND

KtCallista wrote:That's been something we've thought about! I've never spent any time on a ship though.

Last Post

I have been on one boat. As a pre-requisite for a biology class in college, we had to go to the Duke Uni. Marine Lab. While there, we went out on a small commerical fishing boat.

I don't swim, so I had a life jacket. I noticed the rain clouds moving in, and the water started to get rough. I noticed one of the crew members stood facing the bow with his legs spread about shoulder width to help balance with the pitching of the boat. I followed suit. Other members of my class were sliding all over the deck with the waves.

Stock up on dramamine.
LP

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:I have been on one boat. As a pre-requisite for a biology class in college, we had to go to the Duke Uni. Marine Lab. While there, we went out on a small commerical fishing boat.

I don't swim, so I had a life jacket. I noticed the rain clouds moving in, and the water started to get rough. I noticed one of the crew members stood facing the bow with his legs spread about shoulder width to help balance with the pitching of the boat. I followed suit. Other members of my class were sliding all over the deck with the waves.

Stock up on dramamine.
LP

LOL. We had to go backpacking, it was more fun!

Last Post

jawsuser

KtCallista wrote:LOL. We had to go backpacking, it was more fun!

Last Post

It sounds like more fun. However, I did get to take a cruise two years ago and loved it.

Insomniac last post.

GodfatherND

jawsuser wrote:It sounds like more fun. However, I did get to take a cruise two years ago and loved it.

Insomniac last post.

I think I would enjoy an Alaskan cruise. I'm not a fan of hot weather.

LP

jawsuser

KtCallista wrote:Having a family home like that does make it harder. We have no anchor so we technically can move where we like.

LP

Its my dad's home place not mine. If I could sell it to family I would in a heart beat.

It was an Alaskan cruise I went on. It was wonderful!