jawsuser

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
KtCallista wrote:Last Post

KtC sorry to hear about the job. That is rough!

Has anyone heard from Godfather? I am beginning to get worried about him.

LP

Edit why didn't someone remind me about top picture?

KtCallista

quality posts: 32 Private Messages KtCallista
jawsuser wrote:KtC sorry to hear about the job. That is rough!

Has anyone heard from Godfather? I am beginning to get worried about him.

LP

I have not heard anything. Unfortunately, this is the only contact I have for Godfather.

How are you and your father doing?

LP

Thanks so much Secret Santa!!

jawsuser

KtCallista wrote:I have not heard anything. Unfortunately, this is the only contact I have for Godfather.

How are you and your father doing?

LP

Dad is back sounding like he is trying to cough up his lungs. He gets exhausted with all the coughing. I'm actually doing pretty good now. Just need to get back into a better schedule.
lp

KtCallista

jawsuser wrote:Dad is back sounding like he is trying to cough up his lungs. He gets exhausted with all the coughing. I'm actually doing pretty good now. Just need to get back into a better schedule.
lp

I'm sorry he's having it so rough (and you are too).

Trying to enjoy a quiet mothers day and now that all the phone calls (which is my responsibility since Orc is deaf) are done, it's either video games, board games, or a movie time!

LP

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady

Hi!

KtC, hope you had a great Mother's Day.

Jawsuser, glad you're doing better. Must be so hard for you when your dad counts on you for everything. Still praying for him to be as comfortable as possible.

very long overdue
last post

jawsuser

lplady wrote:Hi!

KtC, hope you had a great Mother's Day.

Jawsuser, glad you're doing better. Must be so hard for you when your dad counts on you for everything. Still praying for him to be as comfortable as possible.

very long overdue
last post

Thanks, and welcome back. Dad is actually still fairly self sufficient. We have been richly blessed. Even though he has cancer in his lungs and lymph system unless he is coughing his lungs out or the weather changes and his arthritis is acting up he hasn't had any pain to speak of to date. He hasn't ended up in the hospital or seeing a lot of doctors. Thankfully his memory (he has dementia) has gotten bad enough that he doesn't realize how bad it is and is a lot more low key.

Over all God has been very gracious. I am still praying that dad will just go to sleep and not wake up before he gets bed bound or has too much trouble breathing. But over all I can't complain.
LP

lplady

jawsuser wrote:Thanks, and welcome back. Dad is actually still fairly self sufficient. We have been richly blessed. Even though he has cancer in his lungs and lymph system unless he is coughing his lungs out or the weather changes and his arthritis is acting up he hasn't had any pain to speak of to date. He hasn't ended up in the hospital or seeing a lot of doctors. Thankfully his memory (he has dementia) has gotten bad enough that he doesn't realize how bad it is and is a lot more low key.

Over all God has been very gracious. I am still praying that dad will just go to sleep and not wake up before he gets bed bound or has too much trouble breathing. But over all I can't complain.
LP

I hope your wish is granted and glad to hear he's still doing most things for himself. That sure is a blessing in itself.

lp

KtCallista

LP

tennisplayer121

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tennisplayer121

Last Post

Last Post

KtCallista

lp

GodfatherND

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GodfatherND
KtCallista wrote:lp

I just pulled into town a couple of hours ago, and the first page I post on is Woot.

I'm glad to be home.

Last Post

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:I just pulled into town a couple of hours ago, and the first page I post on is Woot.

I'm glad to be home.

Last Post

Glad you are safely home and that you did not forget about us. We have been concerned about you. ((((Hugs))))) Welcome Home!

LP

GodfatherND

KtCallista wrote:Glad you are safely home and that you did not forget about us. We have been concerned about you. ((((Hugs))))) Welcome Home!

LP

Thanks! I'm glad to be home.

The trees in Kentucky have fully-grown leaves, and the yards have been cut several times so far this year. In North Dakota, however, the trees are budding, and the yards haven't been cut yet. It's even too early here to plant a veggie garden!

LP

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:Thanks! I'm glad to be home.

The trees in Kentucky have fully-grown leaves, and the yards have been cut several times so far this year. In North Dakota, however, the trees are budding, and the yards haven't been cut yet. It's even too early here to plant a veggie garden!

LP

Last weekend was the first official planting weekend here. Some years it's not until June, but we've had two warm snaps already and the pollen is thick, so it's probably time. My lilacs just bloomed this past week.

LP

GodfatherND

KtCallista wrote:Last weekend was the first official planting weekend here. Some years it's not until June, but we've had two warm snaps already and the pollen is thick, so it's probably time. My lilacs just bloomed this past week.

LP

Most people in my area of ND do their planting around Memorial Day. The low temps for next week will get down to 42, so it might be okay to start planting some veggies now: peas and underground crops.

LP

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:Most people in my area of ND do their planting around Memorial Day. The low temps for next week will get down to 42, so it might be okay to start planting some veggies now: peas and underground crops.

LP

All our serious planters have warmer systems.

LP

GodfatherND

KtCallista wrote:All our serious planters have warmer systems.

LP

Last Post

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:Last Post

Laster Poster

jawsuser

KtCallista wrote:Laster Poster

LP

welcome home Godfather! It is good to hve you back!
I need to fertilize the peach trees. I don't do gardening. Gets too hot & humid here. We are supposed to see temps in the 90's this week.

jawsuser

KtCallista wrote:Laster Poster

LP

Welcome home Godfather! It is good to have you back!

I need to fertilize the peach trees. I don't do gardening. Gets too hot & humid here. We are supposed to see temps in the 90's this week.

I have no clue how this got posted twice

KtCallista

jawsuser wrote:LP

I'd say you can keep your 90s, but we've already been there, and we rarely go there.

LP

GodfatherND

jawsuser wrote:LP

Thanks! It's good to be home. Some parts of ND are flooding due to heavy rains, but I'm safe here. It's 46 today, but the rest of the week will be in the low 70s. I can deal with that.

LP

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:Thanks! It's good to be home. Some parts of ND are flooding due to heavy rains, but I'm safe here. It's 46 today, but the rest of the week will be in the low 70s. I can deal with that.

LP

Stay dry!

We are finally getting some wet today and tomorrow. I hope it keeps up here.

LP

GodfatherND

KtCallista wrote:Stay dry!

We are finally getting some wet today and tomorrow. I hope it keeps up here.

LP

On the eastern side of ND, they have evacuated a small town because the local dam may break.

I'm high and dry. Well, dry anyways.

LP

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:On the eastern side of ND, they have evacuated a small town because the local dam may break.

I'm high and dry. Well, dry anyways.

LP

If you move a bit to my West you can be high as well.

LP

GodfatherND

KtCallista wrote:If you move a bit to my West you can be high as well.

LP

Go west, young man -- attributed to Horace Greely.

LP

lplady

GodfatherND wrote:I just pulled into town a couple of hours ago, and the first page I post on is Woot.

I'm glad to be home.

Last Post

Glad to see you back posting.

My condolences to you and your family.

//hardy wave to last posters//

lp

GodfatherND

lplady wrote:Glad to see you back posting.

My condolences to you and your family.

//hardy wave to last posters//

lp

Thanks, lplady. I do appreciate it.

LP

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:Go west, young man -- attributed to Horace Greely.

LP

Last post

GodfatherND

KtCallista wrote:Last post

Last Poster

jawsuser

GodfatherND wrote:Last Poster

Not forever!
LP

KtCallista

jawsuser wrote:Not forever!
LP

Near enough.

Now back to working on job aps.

LP

GodfatherND

KtCallista wrote:Near enough.

Now back to working on job aps.

LP

Be sure to list us as references.

Last Post

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:Be sure to list us as references.

Last Post

I should, I'm working on a library app right now and they want 3 non-supervisor work related references.

LP

GodfatherND

KtCallista wrote:I should, I'm working on a library app right now and they want 3 non-supervisor work related references.

LP

Three references: Dictionary, Thesaurus, and Wikipedia.

LP

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:Three references: Dictionary, Thesaurus, and Wikipedia.

LP

If I hadn't wanted the job I should have done that!

LP

GodfatherND

KtCallista wrote:If I hadn't wanted the job I should have done that!

LP

I applied once for a graphic artist job. Instead of the usual titles on the left of the resume (Education, Experience, References, etc.), I used clipart. Sometimes, being bold is a good thing. I didn't get the job, but at least I got an interview.

LP

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:I applied once for a graphic artist job. Instead of the usual titles on the left of the resume (Education, Experience, References, etc.), I used clipart. Sometimes, being bold is a good thing. I didn't get the job, but at least I got an interview.

LP

When Orc applied to Google (a friend sent him a job invite) I made a Google Doodle of his name of the key things about him personally (they really like their employees to have a life outside of work or so they say). He used it as his cover letter signature. He got an interview, I'd like to think it helped. But the locations he wanted were gone and the only one left really we couldn't afford to live near so nothing really happened.

I on the other hand have at least one interview coming up the end of the month. It's not a job I'd stick with, and it's more hours and structure than I want, but I'll give it a go, if that's what's meant to be for now. The money is the best of the jobs I'm applying for so far.

LP

GodfatherND

KtCallista wrote:When Orc applied to Google (a friend sent him a job invite) I made a Google Doodle of his name of the key things about him personally (they really like their employees to have a life outside of work or so they say). He used it as his cover letter signature. He got an interview, I'd like to think it helped. But the locations he wanted were gone and the only one left really we couldn't afford to live near so nothing really happened.

I on the other hand have at least one interview coming up the end of the month. It's not a job I'd stick with, and it's more hours and structure than I want, but I'll give it a go, if that's what's meant to be for now. The money is the best of the jobs I'm applying for so far.

LP

Good luck with the interview(s)! I hope the company is a good place to work.

LP

jawsuser

KtCallista wrote:When Orc applied to Google (a friend sent him a job invite) I made a Google Doodle of his name of the key things about him personally (they really like their employees to have a life outside of work or so they say). He used it as his cover letter signature. He got an interview, I'd like to think it helped. But the locations he wanted were gone and the only one left really we couldn't afford to live near so nothing really happened.

LP

Good luck with the interview and job search.

I am looking into becoming a virtual assistant. I could do it from home, so no smell issues. I would use the money I will get from dad to upgrade my computer systems. I am thinking of putting my Excell, book keeping experience out there and see who bites. I've also thought of going to desk and applying for jobs there.just not sure because odf dad. He will have good days and then bad easy.

It seems he can't sit up too long (>1hour) without getting worn out and coughing his lungs out. Wednesday he was so bad he didn't eat dinner. He coughs and gets sweating horribly and is totally wrung out. Hospice says this will probably continue and get worse. He has been gurgling some when he breathes. Odd sound!

Had a good and hard week. My uncle, dad's only living brother came back with his grand daughter and her two kids. So of course we want to spend time with them. Just too much up and going. He doesn't seem to have the stamina to be up except for one day at a time. He needs at least one day to sleep and recoup. This appears to be the new normal. Now if I can just get him to accept it and rest!

Enjoyed seeing cousin. I had never met her before so had a good time. Ate something that didn't agree with me yesterday so in bed today. Thankfully dad was worn out and slept most of the day also.

LP