Nitetigrezz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Nitetigrezz

Edit: Found my image!

LP

Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Book of Cheats ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
Nitetigrezz wrote:Ack, that sucks x.x

LP

Been a bad week for sleep. Birthday this weekend, then going to the job interview, followed by a bit of time at the beach!

Last Post

btw - you need a top pic!

lp

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

Nitetigrezz

KtCallista wrote:Been a bad week for sleep. Birthday this weekend, then going to the job interview, followed by a bit of time at the beach!

Last Post

btw - you need a top pic!

lp

Oh wow, busy week! Spirit starts his new position next week, though technically he's a rover because they haven't told the person he's replacing that they're letting him go yet x.x

And I can't pic on the work comp x.x I'll gladly put in a link you give me though! Just... nothing too embarrassing?

LP

Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Book of Cheats ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

GodfatherND

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GodfatherND
Nitetigrezz wrote:I'll gladly put in a link you give me though! Just... nothing too embarrassing?

LP

Must...resist...temptation...

LP

Nitetigrezz

GodfatherND wrote:Must...resist...temptation...

LP

>.> I suddenly feel like I'm on the tail end of a bad joke.

Like how I'm on the tail end of this thread!

LP

KtCallista

Nitetigrezz wrote:>.> I suddenly feel like I'm on the tail end of a bad joke.

Like how I'm on the tail end of this thread!

LP

Butt of the joke maybe, tail of the thread, I think not!

LP

Nitetigrezz

KtCallista wrote:Butt of the joke maybe, tail of the thread, I think not!

LP

XD Lookin' like it from my persective! And like the top pic?

LP

KtCallista

Nitetigrezz wrote:XD Lookin' like it from my persective! And like the top pic?

LP

It's a lovely top pic, I'm partial to owls even before the clans

LP

Nitetigrezz

KtCallista wrote:It's a lovely top pic, I'm partial to owls even before the clans

LP

Thank you very much! There are some great ones on the clan thread, including Lovely Owl <3 I was always a fan of them growing up, so I was pretty thrilled to learn I was in this clan.

LP

KtCallista

Nitetigrezz wrote:Thank you very much! There are some great ones on the clan thread, including Lovely Owl <3 I was always a fan of them growing up, so I was pretty thrilled to learn I was in this clan.

LP

Most places on the internet I go by Athena (the goddess). So yeah, a bit partial to owls.

I stopped using the Athena name and switched to KtCallista a lot of places because Athena is often taken and many people get very immature about it. KtCallista is Callista Knight, so that's the history behind it. We used to have a what does your username thread mean, it's probably WAY back in the archives.

LP

Nitetigrezz

KtCallista wrote:Most places on the internet I go by Athena (the goddess). So yeah, a bit partial to owls.

I stopped using the Athena name and switched to KtCallista a lot of places because Athena is often taken and many people get very immature about it. KtCallista is Callista Knight, so that's the history behind it. We used to have a what does your username thread mean, it's probably WAY back in the archives.

LP

That's so cool! I went through a long period of time when I was fascinated with Greek mythos, to the point where I would read ahead on the history books just to satiate my addiction that much faster. I still remember all the other girls choosing Aphrodite as their favorite. For me, it was all about Athena. Wisdom, strength, strategy in warfare, and even the arts, not to mention coming into the world bursting through her father's head with a war cry, refusing to be simply consumed... I'd take that over lust anyday!

Then again, I also always chose Storm as my favorite X-man and the yellow ranger for the brief stint I had in the original Power Rangers for similar reasons XD So yeah, I was always the oddball of the group.

LP

KtCallista

Nitetigrezz wrote:That's so cool! I went through a long period of time when I was fascinated with Greek mythos, to the point where I would read ahead on the history books just to satiate my addiction that much faster. I still remember all the other girls choosing Aphrodite as their favorite. For me, it was all about Athena. Wisdom, strength, strategy in warfare, and even the arts, not to mention coming into the world bursting through her father's head with a war cry, refusing to be simply consumed... I'd take that over lust anyday!

Then again, I also always chose Storm as my favorite X-man and the yellow ranger for the brief stint I had in the original Power Rangers for similar reasons XD So yeah, I was always the oddball of the group.

LP

Once upon a time in high school a club I was in had to know all about the greek pantheon for our exams. A few us researched a bit about all the gods and goddesses and then assigned them out based on personality. Then we called each other by their god/goddess. I've been Athena ever since.

LP

Nitetigrezz

KtCallista wrote:Once upon a time in high school a club I was in had to know all about the greek pantheon for our exams. A few us researched a bit about all the gods and goddesses and then assigned them out based on personality. Then we called each other by their god/goddess. I've been Athena ever since.

LP

Okay, that... that's just... why couldn't we have that club at my school ;.; I would have loved it.

I've branched out since then. My favorite for Egyptian is Sekhment, for example. Still learning the Norse better, and the celtic and Japanese. But Athena will always be number one in my heart.

LP

KtCallista

Nitetigrezz wrote:Okay, that... that's just... why couldn't we have that club at my school ;.; I would have loved it.

I've branched out since then. My favorite for Egyptian is Sekhment, for example. Still learning the Norse better, and the celtic and Japanese. But Athena will always be number one in my heart.

LP

I'm honored. We had to learn some Norse gods as well, they're very interesting. I only know a little Egyptian mythology.

LP

GodfatherND

What do you call a mean Ancient Egyptian leader? Un-fair-oh.

LP

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:What do you call a mean Ancient Egyptian leader? Un-fair-oh.

LP

I figured you'd join in to the conversation

Nice!

LP

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady
GodfatherND wrote:What do you call a mean Ancient Egyptian leader? Un-fair-oh.

LP

Ha! Very good

last postest with the mostest

KtCallista

lplady wrote:Ha! Very good

last postest with the mostest

Quite so!

Last Post

Nitetigrezz

I love Egyptian mythos. It's second only to my love of Greek mythos. The story of Sekhmet speaks volumes about some of their beliefs, including the idea that you can have far more power over mankind through love than through any form of violence.

I only grazed over Norse when I was younger, but found a renewed interest when the Avengers started making the big screen. Sif is my favorite from there so far.

LP

KtCallista

Nitetigrezz wrote:I love Egyptian mythos. It's second only to my love of Greek mythos. The story of Sekhmet speaks volumes about some of their beliefs, including the idea that you can have far more power over mankind through love than through any form of violence.

I only grazed over Norse when I was younger, but found a renewed interest when the Avengers started making the big screen. Sif is my favorite from there so far.

LP

I'll admit I let a bunch of the ancient stories slide until the Rick Riordan books brought them back into a place where a goddess could casually talk about them.

LP

evilsmoo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages evilsmoo

If you can read this, then you have now experienced a...

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER

Nitetigrezz

KtCallista wrote:I'll admit I let a bunch of the ancient stories slide until the Rick Riordan books brought them back into a place where a goddess could casually talk about them.

LP

Eventually I'm just going to have to ask you to send me a list of author recommends x.x

LP

GodfatherND

Last Post

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:Last Post

Didn't we used to have a book thread or 3?

Last Post

mrkawula

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrkawula

what am I?

KtCallista

mrkawula wrote:what am I?

You are not the last post

GodfatherND

KtCallista wrote:Didn't we used to have a book thread or 3?

Last Post

I'm not sure if we did. It sounds like a good one for you to start!

LP

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:I'm not sure if we did. It sounds like a good one for you to start!

LP

Sure, why not!

Last Post

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady

last post

GodfatherND

lplady wrote:last post

Last Post

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:Last Post

Library/book thread open go forth and create content!

Last Post

GodfatherND

KtCallista wrote:Library/book thread open go forth and create content!

Last Post

I have made my entry. Thank you for creating the thread; I hope it draws more interest!

LP

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:I have made my entry. Thank you for creating the thread; I hope it draws more interest!

LP

Me too! I'll put some more posts up later. Maybe after my vacation next week.

LP

GodfatherND

KtCallista wrote:Me too! I'll put some more posts up later. Maybe after my vacation next week.

LP

Ugh. The neighbors are shooting off more fireworks tonight. When will it end?

LP

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:Ugh. The neighbors are shooting off more fireworks tonight. When will it end?

LP

I'm sorry Godfather, tell them the party is tomorrow

LP

GodfatherND

KtCallista wrote:I'm sorry Godfather, tell them the party is tomorrow

LP

At least they stopped at a descent hour. My wife can't sleep with all that noise. I, however, can sleep like a baby since I used to live on Fort Knox (KY). Tank fire and machine gun fire rocked me to sleep many a night.

LP

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:At least they stopped at a descent hour. My wife can't sleep with all that noise. I, however, can sleep like a baby since I used to live on Fort Knox (KY). Tank fire and machine gun fire rocked me to sleep many a night.

LP

Not so great in this time zone they went for business hours only.

LP

GodfatherND

KtCallista wrote:Not so great in this time zone they went for business hours only.

LP

We have a large influx of money in our area due to the oil boom. Lots of people (not on fixed incomes like me) have extra income, and the firework vendors made a killing this year.

A friend told us of three people he knew who spent a total of $26,000 on fireworks. That's just a sampling of the money spent; money that could have gone to charities or other good causes.

Now, of course, the vendors are selling fireworks at discount. Ugh.

LP

KtCallista

GodfatherND wrote:We have a large influx of money in our area due to the oil boom. Lots of people (not on fixed incomes like me) have extra income, and the firework vendors made a killing this year.

A friend told us of three people he knew who spent a total of $26,000 on fireworks. That's just a sampling of the money spent; money that could have gone to charities or other good causes.

Now, of course, the vendors are selling fireworks at discount. Ugh.

LP

Wow! That's excessive. While have a once in a lifetime kind of party is a great reward for a group of people who have worked hard and gone without, that kind of money really could have made a huge difference for a charity!

(yeah, I work in the non- profit world now).

LP

GodfatherND

KtCallista wrote:Wow! That's excessive. While have a once in a lifetime kind of party is a great reward for a group of people who have worked hard and gone without, that kind of money really could have made a huge difference for a charity!

(yeah, I work in the non- profit world now).

LP

I can understand wanting to provide entertainment for your family, but spending $10,000 on fireworks is obscene.

LP