hilaryrwilson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hilaryrwilson

Since I've switched to my Paypal being saved I have won two Bundle of Crops Maybe the paypal servers are faster?

Yay! Second Bundle of Crops for me! I can't wait to start compulsively tracking.

supra441979

quality posts: 1 Private Messages supra441979

I clicked on buy item as soon as it appeared on wootalyzer and took forever to get to the purchase screen after I click on purchase it got stuck and crashed the first time and second time around it just got stuck processing.

Pufferfishy

quality posts: 40 Private Messages Pufferfishy

WHAT THE OMGOMGOMGPONIESOMG PONIES!!????

I queue up for a Bindle of Carrots

(45 minutes later) I agree to buy a Bindle of Carrots

(10 minutes later) I push "The Big Gold Button"

And I've bought a OMGOMGOMGPONIESOMG PONIES!!ing ice cream maker?

I haven't sat in on a Woot!-off in a long time - now I'm starting to remember why I stopped....

EDIT:
Scratch that - even the option to buy the ice cream maker (which I did want) failed. Nice.

You've been put on posting probation for this post

Used2flyn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Used2flyn

I don't know anything about all of the complicated ways of getting the BOG but I hit "I Want One" on my iPad and I'm doing the happy dance! WooooHooooo I got my Bundle of Crops #2. This is a great day-after-birthday present! Thanks Woot!

Is it too early to go sit on my porch and wait for the package?

Joffroi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Joffroi

For all those that are mad and searching for advice on how to get a Bundle of Crops here is my advice. I've just an average user and have gotten lucky enough to get 4-5 of them.

Almost everytime I've gotten one, it was just luck on loading the pages. I usually have a phone loading the page and a computer too... just as many different internet connections as I can get.

This time it was a phone that got through. First attempt with the phone it timed out, but I just refreshed (about 10 minutes after the Bundle of Crops was posted) and for some reason it went through. Its luck.

ddell99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ddell99

Finally got the Bindle of Carrots after a long drought, I hope it is worth the sitting here yelling at my computer.

NeonRonin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NeonRonin

Items to be included in the next Bindle of Carrots sale, woot's web servers.

brandonpaith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brandonpaith

Got my first CRAP today!!!! No scripts, codes, etc, I just have been watching the site all day. It popped up, and I instantly hit "I want one"......it took about 15 minutes before the next page loaded, but it eventually did. I FORGOT to input my security number, and still the site kept my order and allowed me to put it in there (took 20 minutes for it to reload that page)......after entering the security code, it took about another 10 minutes for the next page to load confirming my order......

For those who keep hitting the button, its the equivalent of getting out of line, and then getting back in. once you push that button, as long as you see "waiting for...." or as long as the page shows 'loading' then you should not do anything else......It will come up.

Brandon paith

Deswa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Deswa
Pufferfishy wrote:WHAT THE OMGOMGOMGPONIESOMG PONIES!!????

I queue up for a Bindle of Carrots

(45 minutes later) I agree to buy a Bindle of Carrots

(10 minutes later) I push "The Big Gold Button"

And I've bought a OMGOMGOMGPONIESOMG PONIES!!ing ice cream maker?

I haven't sat in on a Woot!-off in a long time - now I'm starting to remember why I stopped....

EDIT:
Scratch that - even the option to buy the ice cream maker (which I did want) failed. Nice.

On the bright side, you now have an ice cream maker.

rlapid2112

quality posts: 9 Private Messages rlapid2112

i was driving :-(

fennijart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fennijart
zwizer25 wrote:Bull of Crap!

I had the dang final payment confirmation screen loading forever and it kicked me back and said sold out!

Dude, same here! Well, I had already been at the confirmation screen, and clicked the giant gold button. Then it gave me an error, took half an hour to reload, then kicked me back and said it was sold out. I didn't get an e-mail, and it's not on my order history. SMDH.

garyhgaryh

quality posts: 4 Private Messages garyhgaryh

I never got the Bindle of Carrots but heard about it recently. Why such interest in buying something you know not what you're getting? Is it really worth more than what you put in or is it just the fun of the chase?
Gary

asleigh1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages asleigh1
jeffdoh wrote:Asleigh-- same exact thing happened to me!! SOomene posted earlier that he thought woot actually changed his first name on purpose in order to slow down this process, but you are the only other person i saw who posted the same issue as him and me. I'm 100% certain there was no error with my personal info. In fact, I just ordered something last week with the same info!!! Any guesses why us only 3 got this error?

I just ordered the berry tabs earlier today and it was just fine then.

zzzzz78759

quality posts: 9 Private Messages zzzzz78759
dfwtbear wrote:What is the secret for getting these?????

Patience. Let it spin until it either comes up or it doesn't.

Seriously, I waited several minutes to get through. Then several more to get the confirmation page. If you start mashing keys or clicking madly, you're SOL.

hyetylidie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hyetylidie

this was so aggravating and a waste of time that I will now start to use a script like everyone else!

Woot, please do something to stop me, I like the captcha idea, even though most of those are now being circumvented... and I kind of hate you, except for wine...

cscrudder

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cscrudder

Congrats to everyone who got a Bundle of Crops

jsteed8

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jsteed8

Boo. For some reason my security code disappeared.

I clicked immediately when it popped up, at 100%. Reviewed my shipping address and clicked this info is correct. Got the green screen loading and loading and loading...all to tell me it needed a security code after 45 minutes.

Why did it disappear?

Needless to say, I still have not received a bag-o-crap...at least I got to review my information and click "this info is correct" this time.

So excited, then so disappointed

J. Steed

marv1086

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marv1086

I was amazed also at how long it took to sell out. It was probably the speed of the server crash. (which this time seemed instantanous) However, after 15 minutes of trying... I have a bucket of carp comming my way!

Thank You Woot Gods!

Random Crap 3/26/10 Random Crap 2/25/10
Santa’s Sack O’ Crap 12/25/09 Bushnell ONIX 200CR GPS System with TruView Navigation 12/23/09
Ready Remote Deluxe Remote Car Start System 10/27/09 Woot-Off Lights 7/12/09
Home & Car Rapid Battery Charger w/ AA & AAA Rechargeable Batteries 4/17/09
TaylorMade Tourino Stand Bag and Towel 2/25/09
Random Crap 2/19/09 Black & Decker 20 Watt Power Backup Battery Pack - 2 Pack 9/9/08

DangerMouse9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DangerMouse9

I hit "this info is correct" over an hour later and it's still loading. This is the closest I've come to getting one of these in years... and I sit empty handed.

jbuxxy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbuxxy

I can't believe how personal some of you guys take this! Relax, remember that all 2499 people who got one are knowingly purchasing crap. And that's more than likely what will be in it.

mdebreceni

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mdebreceni

I got the order page... selected PayPal as my payment method, then entered my woot password and clicked the big gold button...

...then nothing.... for something like 20 minutes, my browser kept waiting for Woot's SSL server.... and waiting... and waiting... would my persistence pay off?

Nope.

Alas, no Bundle of Crops joy. I hope they send actual garbage this time. Or rotting stinking fish. If I can't have good crap, nobody can!

(j/k - good luck - I will live vicariously through those who actually got their orders in)

wallsg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wallsg

First one in a while and seventh overall: 10/23/08, 12/25/08, 12/25/09, 1/28/10, 6/24/10, 12/1/10, 8/17/11). I notice this one shows up in my order history as "Bag of Crap" while the others show up as "Random Crap" and "Santa's Sack of Crap" (12/25/09).

I used wooters.us in both a Chrome and Firefox browser to track and hit the I Want One as soon as I saw it. (Wootalyzer runs far behind for me and is useless for me.) I got right through without problems (15 second delays) and immediately got my order receipt on Chrome but never got through on Firefox. Then I noticed wooters.us saying there was still 85% available so I tried again and immediately got to the order page (but can't order again, of course).

Went to a friends desk and told him but he could never get logged in. I tried to get to the order page a few times and got right through every time.

Moral: always be logged in during a Woot-off.

B.O.C. - 10/23/08, 12/25/08, 12/25/09, 01/28/10, 06/24/10, 12/01/10, 08/17/11, 09/14/11, 10/12/11, 11/09/11, 12/06/11, 12/25/11, 01/19/12, 03/22/12,
Game Over

clide

quality posts: 5 Private Messages clide

I use a tracker for Woot-offs. Went to get something to eat. Looked around in the kitchen and realized I forgot something in my room. Came back and the Bundle of Crops page was loaded. It had been long enough that the music was no longer playing.

Put in my card code, hit the gold button on the next page, and got an email about 30 seconds later. Confirmation page was still trying to load and my power flickered off about 20 seconds later. Always feel lucky when I get a Bundle of Crops but feel extra lucky for this one.

mywootfest

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mywootfest

My second Bag. Really surprised I even got one. Was not prepared so I had not signed in. Accidently entered my password twice - both in password and coupon field. Then in my rush, mistyped my password. Then on third try, it took forever to load to get big button. When big button did finally appear it took forever to get confirmation page - which never appeared and bounced me back to order page... when i tried again - after several delays, i got the message that item had already been ordered from this account. Low and behold, I checked my email..and there was the lovely confirmation. What fun

DrumCorpsNut

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DrumCorpsNut

I clicked "I want one" within seconds of the barf orange crayons appearing. 17 minutes later (& with 40% remaining) I got the order page. My credit card info, which had all been there in the past, was no longer there. So I had to re-enter the number, expiration date, etc. That took maybe an extra 40 seconds. Then I pressed the gold button.

About 47 minutes later (2 items after the woot-off has moved on) the page finally responds, only to tell me that I missed one number of the 16 in my credit card.

I'm saying "CRAP!" enough times to fill several bags...

jbuxxy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbuxxy
jsteed8 wrote:Boo. For some reason my security code disappeared.

I clicked immediately when it popped up, at 100%. Reviewed my shipping address and clicked this info is correct. Got the green screen loading and loading and loading...all to tell me it needed a security code after 45 minutes.

Why did it disappear?

Needless to say, I still have not received a bag-o-crap...at least I got to review my information and click "this info is correct" this time.

So excited, then so disappointed

You always have to input your security code.

Lukeonia1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lukeonia1

Thing I want to see is how the distribution of Bags compares with the population density of the US. Bags per square mile versus people per square mile, that sort of thing.

I've been trying for five years and have NEVER snagged a Βàğ ōf Ĉŗäр during a Woot-off. I've gotten them other times (Christmas, April 1st, and so on), but during every Woot-off, I don't even get to the checkout page.

I can't believe that's just the "luck of the SSL"... there has to be something else going on there. My ISP, my geographic area, the fact that I'm running Windows XP?

Anyone else on Midco in Bismarck get one?

~Lukeonia1

(I overuse parentheses.)

jeffdoh

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jeffdoh
asleigh1 wrote:I just ordered the berry tabs earlier today and it was just fine then.

Right. So why did you, me, and the other guy get the faulty info error message?

I kinda wanted to try the berry tabs, btw...let us know how they are!

Jeffrey Lax

localfitch

quality posts: 3 Private Messages localfitch

Got to the gold button twice, once from mobile, one from desktop... both failed, it's not as much about patience as some would have you believe than it is about pure digital luck... and luck is hard to come by when you're up against scripts.

mjwise

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjwise

Finally, a Bay of Campeche to call my own. Thanks Woot!

robinr99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robinr99

I am Randomly Crapless.
I got some great crappy crap years ago but none for a long time.
The randomness of my disappointment is puzzling.

dmmdmustang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmmdmustang

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO............... I went into a meeting for an hour and missed the bag o crap

KCFalcon59

quality posts: 1 Private Messages KCFalcon59

Wow. That was a brutal Bindle of Carrots. I hit the buy button and never got a response before I had to head to a meeting. It was great to come back and check my account to find that it had gone through. Woot!!!!

6 X to date.

alexzogh

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alexzogh

*sigh*...

got to the order screen, everything ok, then order servers timed out.

curse you woot!

reverendc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages reverendc

Damn, missed it.
Listen up kids, take a nap, lose the crap.

fennijart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fennijart
Joffroi wrote:Almost everytime I've gotten one, it was just luck on loading the pages. I usually have a phone loading the page and a computer too... just as many different internet connections as I can get.

Dang, I didn't think to use my phone! It's a new phone, and I haven't done much with it yet, so that's probably why. Is there an app you're using for it? I feel like just using the phone's browser would take forever, especially having to log in and all.

fldeals

quality posts: 25 Private Messages fldeals
waystevens wrote:Of course! Scored my first one a few months ago just by hitting F5 at just the right moment and hopefully I'll have my second one from the same way today (it's on the processing credit card screen still and I haven't been able to get my account info to load up either...getting nervous here).

Check your email. If you didn't get a confirmation email by now you probably didn't get a bag. I got the email LONG before the screen refreshed to tell me "You're all set now."

X34

DangerMouse9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DangerMouse9

My solution would be to give those that haven't received one and have purchased at least X items and/or been a member for at least X months priority.

That way everyone can experience the joy of getting one of these and they'll still sell out pretty fast. This would prevent the script kiddies and those that somehow always get one from continuing to get them.

krissyMS

quality posts: 5 Private Messages krissyMS

anyone get one thru their smartphone? I'll be upgrading to one next month and was just wondering if there is an app for that

geoffvanleeuwen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geoffvanleeuwen
NeonRonin wrote:Items to be included in the next Bindle of Carrots sale, woot's web servers.

Hahahahahahaha