krush

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krush

first Bundle of Crops after 8 years of trying

unfamousloser

quality posts: 1 Private Messages unfamousloser

It was already down to about 40% when I clicked, but somehow I made it through and nabbed one.

Seems like the crappy servers may have actually played to my benefit this time.

AspiringArchitect

quality posts: 2 Private Messages AspiringArchitect

Wow, 2499 Bundle of Crops

And I didnt even get off of the PWNIES!.

dirtworship

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dirtworship

Thank you Woot Gods! It took sooooo long, but I got one!

socks.mark

quality posts: 5 Private Messages socks.mark

Well, I got as far as pressing the "this info is correct button" *sigh*

taioko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages taioko

I clicked I want one about 5 minutes ago, and it's still trying to load to the order page. I'm pretty sure I missed out on this one.

zijn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zijn

WOw, that was early woot. Definitely caught me off guard. I had just come back from a potty break and work and low and behold there sat a Bindle of Carrots on my screen. Not sure I managed to snag out being away from the computer when it came but I did! Yay! I've had the The Day the Ponies Come Back (2000) day ever so this brightened it for sure! Thanks Wooooooot!

edit: Signed on husbands acct by mistake. MandaRe actually got the Bindle of Carrots! ;)

shelby86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shelby86

Wooo HOoooo!!! My 2nd Bundle of Carrots!!

Almost thought I didn't make it there when the page wasn't loading, but I got the email even before my confirmation page!

Right on Woot !!!

cbrenth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cbrenth

Got my 2nd ever! Hopefully we will have flooding to delay the shipping this time Last time I got one it was late due to ice which made it more exciting. Now we need the rain now so maybe this will bring some Big Ol'Clouds with it to drag it out.

js9ball2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages js9ball2

Yes! I got one... This will be my second Bindle of Carrots, I have tried 5-6 times to buy one. Hope I get my than just Woot Lights this time!

muditkumar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages muditkumar
RasOne wrote:Got one! It has been a while since my last one. don't know if I will tell my wife before it arrives. She dose not like me buying these bags, but I love the challenge and fun!

What did you get in craps?

I have never received one in last 10 years, had several close calls though. This time the server would not even display the order page - yikeessssss....

Woot should find the most unlucky (and frustrated) and longest non-crap members, and start giving away some craps to build harmony amongst the membership community.

alexxxz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages alexxxz

Got one! Finally! Is it better to wait a little and then click buy it once it seems to be loading better? Wasn't going through at first, waited a couple mins, tried again, went right through!

peachtek

quality posts: 5 Private Messages peachtek

Nada for me... 3 different windows just sitting there taunting me with it's little circle of death spinning and spinning... mocking me with every blink of the page.

~~We can't all be princesses. Someone has to wave as I walk by.~~

lexlisenby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lexlisenby

My furst Bouquet O' Carp WOOOT
bout damn time!

Lex Lisenby

justcco

quality posts: 4 Private Messages justcco
RobinBobcat wrote:So... is there ANY way for a casual Wooter to get their hands on a Bravo Charlie *WITHOUT* resorting to using an automated script?

Seriously. even with frantic F5-bashing, I never get to see it, because the servers get so suddenly overloaded that NOTHING happens.

On the rare instance it gets to show the picture before it sells out (usually not), I then get to wait for it to try and get to the order screen.

By the time it churns through to the order screen, of course, it has sold out. This is usually within about thirteen seconds, tops.

Seriously.. All I want is a chance at what the greedy bastards with the Bag scripts are hogging. Can we add some sort of Captcha or something? Please?

Most of the scripts are website based, and free to all to use. Second, repeated clicking of the buy one button usually doesn't help, since it resets the buy request. Third, most of the time, it's crap.

zijn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zijn

WOw, that was early woot. Definitely caught me off guard. I had just come back from a potty break and work and low and behold there sat a Bindle of Carrots on my screen. Not sure I managed to snag out being away from the computer when it came but I did! Yay! I've had the The Day the Ponies Come Back (2000) day ever so this brightened it for sure! Thanks Wooooooot!

mcfarldd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcfarldd
RobinBobcat wrote:So... is there ANY way for a casual Wooter to get their hands on a Bravo Charlie *WITHOUT* resorting to using an automated script?

Seriously. even with frantic F5-bashing, I never get to see it, because the servers get so suddenly overloaded that NOTHING happens.

On the rare instance it gets to show the picture before it sells out (usually not), I then get to wait for it to try and get to the order screen.

By the time it churns through to the order screen, of course, it has sold out. This is usually within about thirteen seconds, tops.

Seriously.. All I want is a chance at what the greedy bastards with the Bag scripts are hogging. Can we add some sort of Captcha or something? Please?

I got one the old fashioned way. Actually could have ordered twice if I had more than 1 account...but I'm a honest wooter.

pinochlechamp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pinochlechamp

Successfuly Wooted,

Got my Boatlaod Of Crayons

kantie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kantie

3rd time I have tried for Bindle of Carrots. Anyone else have problems loading the purchase page when bags of crap come up?

kevitra

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kevitra

It took me years and years but I finally got one. No scripting/cheating either.

theolaf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theolaf

I hear you, don't feel bad you are not alone. I live in Maine. It's just not going to happen.

pman555

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pman555

Woohoo!
I have been trying to buy a Bundle of Crops for about 8 years. Today, I thought there was no way I was going to get one, since the site was taking forever to load.

But holy moly, I got a confirmation email before the page updated itself!

Hooray for my first Bundle of Crops

archanoid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages archanoid

dammit! oh so close...

I got the order screen. Entered my security code and hit the gold button...

"This sale is sold out."

AAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

meow57

quality posts: 3 Private Messages meow57

Yay me too! I got this one (on my Droid) even after 10 minutes of spinning pages.

By the way, the Birthday Bundle of Crops was just fabulous, at least in my case! Very terrific stuff, not a bit of it was CRAP!

Thanks Woot!!!

kippyj

quality posts: 12 Private Messages kippyj

I hope this one is better than the one last month. The birthday baggie was truly the worst I've ever received.

I did notice something odd...my name was misspelled on the order page, which doesn't make sense because I haven't changed anything and I just ordered a shirt on Monday. I wonder if w00t screwed around with some people just to make this last longer? I had to change the info and go back in, but I still scored.

"I love your red hair. It's not very common and YOU are FAR from common." Tom Harris

dhpersonal

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dhpersonal

I was able to make it to order screen and click "This info is correct", and then it failed to load the next screen.

schoolcb

quality posts: 4 Private Messages schoolcb

Congrats to those that scored. Twas not in the cards for me today, no crap for me, was johnnie on the spot when the package of poopage displayed but y'all must have been faster on the mouse button than me. For those first-timers, now the real fun begins as you wait, and wait for your shipping confirmation, and then wait and wait for it to arrive, to open it and stare with wide-eyed wonder at the wonderful scat before you.

MikeW2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MikeW2
wootalyzer wrote:Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Bindle of Carrots
$3.00 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Crappy

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Wooohooo My first crap bag........

MikeW

cmangel518

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cmangel518

I never made it past the "I want one" button. The order page was loading and loading and loading. Sigh. Going on a year of Bundle of Crops drought.

I've lost track of all of useless/useful items I've purchased since April 09, 2007.

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce

Woot, you know I love you but come on. I was on the page when it switched over, after refreshing. I hit I want one and after all this time sitting on the order page as it spins round and round. Craziness. There was no human way to get one for me... maybe if I were a bot.

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce

Woot, you know I love you but come on. I was on the page when it switched over, after refreshing. I hit I want one and after all this time sitting on the order page as it spins round and round. Craziness. There was no human way to get one for me... maybe if I were a bot.

freelancermsc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages freelancermsc

I am a casual Wooter, and this is my 3rd Bundle of Crops I told a coworker and he got his first today. I've never used a script, and neither has he. You just have to be a combination of lucky and patient. Once you start the "I want one" process, you have to be patient. If you reload and start it over again, you're only increasing the time until the page loads and if you do it too much then the Bag will sell out before you can finish the ordering process. I've had that happen too, where I've gone through the entire process and it said "we've sold out of that item" or something to that effect. Luck can come in in unexpected ways, such as when I got my first one, it was the day the iPhone 4 went on sale, so everyone was out standing in lines for one, and the Bundle of Crops that day was surprising easy to get into. I even tried to buy multiples and it said I'd already ordered it, that was how much time I had to order. So it comes down to luck and patience. Just hang in there and keep trying and one day you should get it!

thumperchick

quality posts: 248 Private Messages thumperchick

Where are the other 500?

lordrunningclam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lordrunningclam

Finally! The last Bindle of Carrots I managed to get was about 3 years ago.

Also, this has been going on an unusually long time. They must have a lot of it.

catediede

quality posts: 1 Private Messages catediede

I hit the WANT ONE button, and the website fell down and went boom.

No Bindle of Carrotsola for me.

hobosrock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hobosrock

Is it just me or have the servers been getting worse? Past 2 wootoffs I haven't even been able to get past the product page and input my information...

jumperjax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jumperjax

Thought I had one this time... got all the way to the order page then it timed out, never to be loaded again this was a tough one!

muditkumar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages muditkumar
RasOne wrote:Got one! It has been a while since my last one. don't know if I will tell my wife before it arrives. She dose not like me buying these bags, but I love the challenge and fun!

What did you get in craps?

I have never received one in last 10 years, had several close calls though. This time the server would not even display the order page - yikeessssss....

Woot should find the most unlucky (and frustrated) and longest non-crap members, and start giving away some craps to build harmony amongst the membership community.

sgsax

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sgsax

Up for 25 minutes. Either there is a lot of fecal matter laying around these days or inflation is driving the value down. Even I was able to get one (my 2nd).

greaseman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages greaseman

Finally! After a long Bundle o' Craziness dry spell, this will be my first since the A'zon takeover. Can't wait to see just how krappy it is! Thanks to the w00t Gods for letting me in!!!

Dave

Bags o' Craptasticness:
-----------------------------
  • Brick of Carbonite 04/26/12
  • Brick of Carbonite 12/06/11
  • Brick of Carbonite 11/09/11
  • Brick of Carbonite 09/14/11
  • Brick of Carbonite 08/17/11
  • Random Crap 06/24/10
  • Random Crap 05/26/10
  • Random Crap 03/26/10