+ Add a Comment

sh1tty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sh1tty

if we all contribute our $3.00, we can buy a new server for woot, from woot, and then maybe we can get past the 'i want one' button and the spinning wheel to eternity.

saadc82

quality posts: 0 Private Messages saadc82

YES! Got one B-to-the-O-to-the-C!!!

(SNL Sean Connery's Voice)
Muwahahaha Trebek, my time has come!

May I have a 42"(or larger. [that's what she said]) LCD TV please woot??? PLEEEEEEEEEASE?!?! Thank you!

zwizer25

quality posts: 3 Private Messages zwizer25

Bull of Crap!

I had the dang final payment confirmation screen loading forever and it kicked me back and said sold out!

SummerCher

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SummerCher

Productivity at my office just nose-dived as we were all trying for crap. Woot gods were smiling and it was a very crappy day indeed as four of us received order confirmations.

sholander

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sholander

4+ years since I joined Woot! and I just scored my first Bundle of Crops I used to grouse that it was only the guys/gals with skills for writing those macro script thingys that got one. I got my Bundle of Crops the old fashioned way...I earned it. Clicked "I want one" when the status bar was at 50% thinking no way I was going to get one. Thankfully wrong.

saintjohnson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages saintjohnson

(sniff sniff)This is beautiful. My first Bundle of Crops in six years. (sniff) I love you guys.

djp519

quality posts: 12 Private Messages djp519

Rats, foiled again. Hit "I want one," waited 15+ minutes, never even loaded the order page before it finally sold out. Oooooooooooooooh, well.

greaseman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages greaseman

Finally! After a long Bundle o' Craziness dry spell, this will be my first since the A'zon takeover. Can't wait to see just how krappy it is! Thanks to the w00t Gods for letting me in!!!

gReAsEmAn

Bags o' Craptasticness:
-----------------------------
  • Brick of Carbonite 04/26/12
  • Brick of Carbonite 12/06/11
  • Brick of Carbonite 11/09/11
  • Brick of Carbonite 09/14/11
  • Brick of Carbonite 08/17/11
  • Random Crap 06/24/10
  • Random Crap 05/26/10
  • Random Crap 03/26/10

iamsteven00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iamsteven00

first Woot ever... just happened to check the site ... landed a Bindle of Carrots :D
It's a good day

imadoki13579

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imadoki13579
Jmsimons wrote:Clicked the golden "info is correct" button, waited and waited, then comes the "Connection was reset" page. Doomed to never get one

I had that happen too but it still charged it to my bank account...does that mean I still get one? 0_0

moxxee

quality posts: 13 Private Messages moxxee

Boy, the servers took a beating on that one. Anyway, thanks Woot! I hope I get a bunch of worthless, broken crap! The anticipation is killing me!

jordan931

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jordan931

#7!!!

sammoffatt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sammoffatt

of course a delivery truck would require my assistance just in time to miss the beautiful onion carpet

acraigl

quality posts: 51 Private Messages acraigl

Whoo Hoo! Got mine. In past experiences, if I did not get it in the first 30 seconds, I would be unable to get it. This one hung on much, much longer, but I got one....

...On my Android!

That's a first for me. Did a screen cap for posterity. Nice!

stanishr99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stanishr99

Couldn't get anything for over 10 minutes. I think it's all an illusion.

cuellarku

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cuellarku
dbmpsd wrote:Once again the wait for the next page to load continues. Could I get Bundle of Crops #4 this year? Don't stay tuned, watch your own waiting turn into misfortune instead.

I finally got one today. What have you received when you've managed to buy them before?

corvettejoe

quality posts: 26 Private Messages corvettejoe

WOO HOO! I GOT MINE!
SCORE!

brngolde

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brngolde

I'm having a harder time posting than I did buying.

mbellon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mbellon

I've been trying since 2007 and never ever get pat the main page. I clicked the second it posted this time. How could I not have gotten one?

knaegeli

quality posts: 1 Private Messages knaegeli
RobinBobcat wrote:So... is there ANY way for a casual Wooter to get their hands on a Bravo Charlie *WITHOUT* resorting to using an automated script?

Seriously. even with frantic F5-bashing, I never get to see it, because the servers get so suddenly overloaded that NOTHING happens.

On the rare instance it gets to show the picture before it sells out (usually not), I then get to wait for it to try and get to the order screen.

By the time it churns through to the order screen, of course, it has sold out. This is usually within about thirteen seconds, tops.

Seriously.. All I want is a chance at what the greedy bastards with the Bag scripts are hogging. Can we add some sort of Captcha or something? Please?

I don't use any tricks or anything, so that is probably your definition of a "casual woot-er" and I've grabbed a few Bundle of Crops in my year or so on the website. Alas, today I was thwarted by server crashes and web pages that wouldn't load. So it goes. It's a game of luck, man. Just try again next month.

JamTins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JamTins

After six years, I finally got one of these elusive little Bundles of Constipation.

dnrinaz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dnrinaz

If everything is correct, click the gold button..... "this item is sold out!!!!!"

FML. Sooooooooo close..........

cherokie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cherokie

same old stuf. when the Bundle of Crops came up i hit the button right away. never would change pages and let me complete the order. waited about 30 minutes. #@&*!!! woot fix your worthless servers so a few of us can get these things.

stanishr99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stanishr99

Couldn't get anything for over 10 minutes. I think it's all an illusion.

jennsplace

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jennsplace

Mine's STILL spinning after putting in my password for Paypal payment on the order page. I never got to the confirm order button.

Still spinning... you tease, you.

drunkcajun

quality posts: 2 Private Messages drunkcajun

I hit the 'I want it' button at 2:24 and was told it was sold out at 2:55. Passed out women have rejected me faster than that! Maybe next time?

carol2bs1grl

quality posts: 7 Private Messages carol2bs1grl

Nothing but connection error after connection error for me. Maybe next time.

[urlhttp://imagecache.w00t.com/?url=http://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/b5502c28-f049-480e-a59b-f63eded1a6a7.png[/url]

jimschueler

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jimschueler
Jmsimons wrote:Clicked the golden "info is correct" button, waited and waited, then comes the "Connection was reset" page. Doomed to never get one

Same here :'( .. I was sooo close

* S Q U A R R Y L S - F O R E V E R *

Fotiman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fotiman

Same here. I LOOOOOOOVE PONIES Woot, why do you taunt me like this?

kawennakwas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kawennakwas

Curses! None for me.. The order page is still loading, I'm going to leave it for a while for shiz & giggles.

My dog likes your monkey

jhs3

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jhs3

The following is nothing but whining, griping and feeling sorry for myself.

I have my 'mywoot.net' box showing, and I was at my keyboard and I just happened to SEE the Bundle of Crops come up. I hit the "I want one" link, and a new window came up almost immediately and asked me for my credit card info. I checked and it was all good - it's now almost 4 seconds from the time I saw the Bundle of Crops

And after that, nothing happened until the browser timed out.

I'm at work. Work is just all full of browser checks, double-checks, make sure the employees are not browsing on OMGOMGOMGPONIESOMG PONIES! sites sort of checks. And I blame that for the fact that my order of a Bundle of Crops ... failed.

Failed.
Failed.
Failed.
Poop.

(please note that that last 'word' is spelled backwards, so as not to offend.)

olcubmaster

quality posts: 31 Private Messages olcubmaster

I was a few seconds late to the party, clicked the Want One button and after aneternity, got the confirm the detail page. Completed/clicked the gold button...and even now, the page sits waiting for https://sslwww.woot.com/Member/Order.aspx

Geuss I can go back to work and only dream of the riches those fortunate few anticipate receiving soon.

Opps! Update: the page finally timed out just now.

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

filmgeek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages filmgeek

Can't believe it's still LIVE.

eatingjuice

quality posts: 7 Private Messages eatingjuice

Who knows about this stuff.

I'm not running an outside program, I happened to be using torrents at the time, and not only did I get one, but I actually got through the order status page - which never has happened to me when getting a Bundle of Crops Usually error out and find a lovely email.

Then there have been times where I used something like wootalyzer and I didn't even get through the gold button.

Thing is crazy. Hooch is crazy.

krissyMS

quality posts: 5 Private Messages krissyMS

OOOOhhhhh ya baby!!! took forever to load - even to get to this forum page! But persistence pays off! first Bundle of Crops in a while. I'm happy

ashram101

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ashram101

Alright -- bag # 2 of Bag of # 2 for me. w00t!

maschio2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maschio2

Day off work spending the day at Kings island theme park with my family and a perfect time for the afternoon snack! God bless my family and God bless Woot! Anticipation is mounting!

mike808

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mike808

Stil waiting after pressing the button.

Pressed the button as soon as it went up.
Yellow bar at 97%.
Loading main page on another tab says it's down to 25% left.

Unbelievable after however many years bundles of carrots have been offered, that the servers have not been built to a) respond faster, b) randomly pick "winners" and prioritize their connections to make the purchase, and c) reject faster the non-winners.

Endlessly "waiting for sslwww.woot.com"...

jrswansonjr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jrswansonjr

Wow. 20 minutes, and it's still not over.

Can't get in to BUY one, but... it's still serving the Blue Oyster Cult page.

Bosque

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Bosque

Got one! My first one too: so excited!

Now I can actually go work out.