2%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Dremel Trio Rotary Tool Kit
$59.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

kenny3552

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kenny3552

Looking for help. Can someone tell me something great i can tell the wife that I will do with this so she lets me buy it

Tygress

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Tygress

It's $94 on Amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/Dremel-6800-01-Trio-Rotary-Tool/dp/B003HIWR2Q/). I have a regular Dremel and love it, this thing looks really cool and I wish I had a use for it.

zxinfinity

quality posts: 18 Private Messages zxinfinity

So does this unit accept only rotary tool sized bits, or will normal router bits work as well?

danalarue

quality posts: 1 Private Messages danalarue

Can you cut drywall with this tool? I mean, IF you're not Greedo?

erhii

quality posts: 1 Private Messages erhii

Decent reviews on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Dremel-6800-01-Trio-Rotary-Tool/dp/B003HIWR2Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1315285393&sr=8-1)

I bought the Multi-Max off Woot a while back and have not been impressed with the quality or lack of reasonably priced accessories. Anybody have experience with this router?

Alfredenigma

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Alfredenigma

Is the base removable so it can be used as a regular dremel tool?

noop

Wyatt8

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Wyatt8

Soooo...
lemme guess ...
the Two for Tuesday part ...
is the Two Year warrantee???

a perfect day to have a great day on purpose...
or because the store clerk told you to...

jdevenberg

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jdevenberg

I want this! Too bad I'm broke as a joke right now.

card16969

quality posts: 0 Private Messages card16969

weak motor burnt out in about 5 hours of light use and can find it on sale at big box stores for this price regularly

kaleido

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kaleido

Daniel Robinson

sdc100

quality posts: 503 Private Messages sdc100

At first glance, I thought that it was a collectible from Star Wars. Seriously.

flammablesquid

quality posts: 5 Private Messages flammablesquid

I've got the Trio and I love, love, love it. I just painted my room to look like the bottom of the ocean. I used the Trio to cut fishy shapes out of hardboard. It does the best circles for when you absolutely have to have big ol' circles cut out of something. Tempted to get a second one at this price.

LOGICALPSYCHO

quality posts: 5 Private Messages LOGICALPSYCHO

Pretty good youtube review with bit size and motor info.

stanlam

quality posts: 2 Private Messages stanlam

I think a rotozip is a better deal.....

http://www.amazon.com/Factory-Reconditioned-RotoZip-RZ05-2100-RT-Spiral-Saw/dp/B00063JYR6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1315285999&sr=8-3

or here's another one.....

http://www.amazon.com/Factory-Reconditioned-RotoZip-RZ2000-52-RT-Variable-Spiral/dp/B003H7SFLO/ref=pd_cp_hi_1

rolede

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rolede

Note: The Dremel Trio uses only Trio accessories. Dremel rotary tool accessories are not compatible with the Trio tool

zxinfinity wrote:So does this unit accept only rotary tool sized bits, or will normal router bits work as well?

LastApeMan

quality posts: 18 Private Messages LastApeMan
kenny3552 wrote:Looking for help. Can someone tell me something great i can tell the wife that I will do with this so she lets me buy it

You will be able to do her toenails like no other, Heck, You can do all her friends toes as well.

You will be the nail pro that she always wanted, right there in her very own house!

What Lies Behind Us and Lies Before Us are Small Matters Compared to What Lies Right to Our Faces.

cryfordawn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cryfordawn

Best Star Wars Blu-Ray joke ever! Ok, maybe at least the best one today.

mcmaggie1501

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mcmaggie1501

Will this cut shapes out of 1" or 3/4" thick wood? I need something that will do that and a scroll saw costs a lot more than this...

acanarelli

quality posts: 219 Private Messages acanarelli

I bought one of these units several months ago from a large tool retailer in Pa. I paid over $100 including tax and it is well worth the expense. Easily cuts out holes in drywall for electic outlets, light fixtures, pipes and what ever and it does it VERY easily and in a matter of seconds. Also great for small and close work on wood or thin metal. If you're looking for a tool to make life easier, this is one of them. Finally, it is very well bullt and will last a long time.

Now I attempting to justify buying another one at this great price.

sdc100

Alfredenigma wrote:Is the base removable so it can be used as a regular dremel tool?

I don't know if the base is removable but you can't use it as a regular Dremel because it won't accept regular Dremel or standard rotary accessories. From the description:

"Note: The Dremel Trio uses only Trio accessories. Dremel rotary tool accessories are not compatible with the Trio tool"

Mominator

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Mominator
LastApeMan wrote:You will be able to do her toenails like no other, Heck, You can do all her friends toes as well.

You will be the nail pro that she always wanted, right there in her very own house!

No, you won't. You will burn her, because Dremels spin too fast for stuff like that.

Do not ask how I know this.

Tiamat114

quality posts: 48 Private Messages Tiamat114

Well, you made my literally go "What IS that?!" out loud at 1 in the morning Woot for the first time ever. Congratulations.

I suppose you can use this if you still have cedar grilling planks left from the previous several dozen offerings of them, particularly if you don't grill but have an inexplicable compulsion to hit the buy button on everything. Carve kittens in them or something.

rolede

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rolede
rolede wrote:Note: The Dremel Trio uses only Trio accessories. Dremel rotary tool accessories are not compatible with the Trio tool

Here is an Amazon User's Opinion-

Be aware that many of the products that show up in the "other things people who bought this have purchased" section do NOT fit this tool. Not good - this tool only uses special bis that fit in the 3/16 collet. It can't use normal dremel bits, nor normal router bits. So it is an underpowered baby router with a TINY selection of expensive special bits (that break easily). I like the handle and base design, and wanted to like the product - but the special bits will make it almost worthless.

devexityspace

quality posts: 25 Private Messages devexityspace

I bought mine from Lowes for $70 so this is a good price, however a few things you need to consider....

Don't expect this to be a "fix-all", It is great for small jobs and quick fixes..

This is NOT good for cutting Plywood that is thicker than 1/2inch.. it gets hot quickly and can mess the blade up

Bunnies Ogling Carrots Count: 6
Todd's Dirt: 6
Monkey Count: 3
Woot Lights Count: 1
Leak Frogs: 0

gcarlajean

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gcarlajean

Can you cut holes in glass with this?

acanarelli

mcmaggie1501 wrote:Will this cut shapes out of 1" or 3/4" thick wood? I need something that will do that and a scroll saw costs a lot more than this...

The answer is yes. If it's soft wood, such as pine with no knots, you may be able to do it in one pass. If it's hard wood, you may need to set your depth setting to 1/2 inch or less and complete the cut in more than one pass. Doing it this way puts less stress on the machine but more importantly, it extends the life of the cutting bit.

sdc100

kenny3552 wrote:Looking for help. Can someone tell me something great i can tell the wife that I will do with this so she lets me buy it

It vibrates.
And if that's not enough, it has variable speeds and accepts attachments.

acanarelli

gcarlajean wrote:Can you cut holes in glass with this?

Absolutely not!!!

mattlscc

quality posts: 34 Private Messages mattlscc

Dremel Dremel Dremel... I think I always wanted one of those.

mcmaggie1501

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mcmaggie1501
acanarelli wrote:The answer is yes. If it's soft wood, such as pine with no knots, you may be able to do it in one pass. If it's hard wood, you may need to set your depth setting to 1/2 inch or less and complete the cut in more than one pass. Doing it this way puts less stress on the machine but more importantly, it extends the life of the cutting bit.

Thanks for answering. That helps a lot.

cricketfan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cricketfan

I have to say with what you save with this woot, it will cost you down the line with the few fittings you can get for it. Id personally go for a rotozip or secondly a dremel over this.

woody189

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woody189
acanarelli wrote:The answer is yes. If it's soft wood, such as pine with no knots, you may be able to do it in one pass. If it's hard wood, you may need to set your depth setting to 1/2 inch or less and complete the cut in more than one pass. Doing it this way puts less stress on the machine but more importantly, it extends the life of the cutting bit.

would this plow through MDF? I would think it would, but I want to make sure. It would probably be 3/4" or 1".

sdc100

mattlscc wrote:Dremel Dremel Dremel... I think I always wanted one of those.

A real Dremel rotary tool perhaps, or maybe a Rotozip, but not one if these. I don't think many people have always wanted one if these!

lapolonio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lapolonio

I've seen woot put out other router's before,

So how does this compare to a linksys or netgear?

Just kidding, goodnight all.

nhiley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nhiley

this 93.82 on amazon

Stuey83

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Stuey83

I previewed the Trio on my tool blog last year:

Dremel Trio Details & Usage Photos

^ Includes a few example usage photos for those of you wondering what you could do with it.

Maximum cutting depth is ~1/2", so to cut 3/4" or 1" material, you'll need to make cuts on both the front and back of the material.

Collet size is 3/16", so NO, it cannot use normal Dremel bits. Additional Trio bits are available for purchase, or you can find 3/16" bits and burs from any indsutrial supplier. Aftermarket bits might not work as well, especially since they're not usually meant for cutting wood. I've never tried this, but it's an option.

The tool does vibrate a little, but its cuts are smooth and even. For $65 incl. shipping, it's a great deal, imho.

speedoo

quality posts: 41 Private Messages speedoo
stanlam wrote:I think a rotozip is a better deal.....

http://www.amazon.com/Factory-Reconditioned-RotoZip-RZ05-2100-RT-Spiral-Saw/dp/B00063JYR6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1315285999&sr=8-3

or here's another one.....

http://www.amazon.com/Factory-Reconditioned-RotoZip-RZ2000-52-RT-Variable-Spiral/dp/B003H7SFLO/ref=pd_cp_hi_1

Why do you think it's a better deal? The reviews are not exactly terrific.

Stuey83

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Stuey83
zxinfinity wrote:So does this unit accept only rotary tool sized bits, or will normal router bits work as well?

No, and no, unless you can find 3/16" shanked router bits.

Alfredenigma wrote:Is the base removable so it can be used as a regular dremel tool?

No. You may have much using 3/16" rotary bits with it, but don't expect to use it as you would an ordinary Dremel rotary tool.

gcarlajean wrote:Can you cut holes in glass with this?

Theoretically? Maybe if you can find the right bits and know what you're doing. Even if possible, there are better tools for the job.