0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
TomTom EASE 3.5" GPS with Text-To-Speech & IQ Routes
$29.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

KyserSoze

quality posts: 18 Private Messages KyserSoze

My opinion: Spend a little more and get a model with lifetime maps and a larger screen.

Robearlbms

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Robearlbms

Paid $55 for mine, new. Works pretty well. Looks like a decent deal. Drawback was no lifetime maps.

twiggygp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages twiggygp

Amazon Link Mixed reviews

Selling for $59 new

rallyemore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rallyemore

*edit*

Link removed. Wrong model.

Ubie

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Ubie

Might be worth getting just for having new maps. I bought a Garmin a few years ago on Woot! that i love, but the maps are starting to show their age.

CrazyAstroman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CrazyAstroman

TomTom can help me find places, but where can I find TomTom?

mbmanaus

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mbmanaus

I would never buy another TomTom after mine took me down 50 miles of insanely dangerous old mining roads in northern Idaho when there were two perfectly good freeways that would have taken me to my destination two hours faster. If this had happened in the winter I likely would not have survived to tell the tale.

On the plus side it saved me from having to pay to go to a zoo since I got to see my fair share of wild bears that day.

twiggygp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages twiggygp
rallyemore wrote:Not horrible reviews. Amazon has them for $100. I guess for the price, this isn't too bad.

Amazon

It might be good for a backup.

This isn't the same model.

smigit2002

quality posts: 12 Private Messages smigit2002

$99 On Amazon, very mixed reviews.

pingraming

quality posts: 4 Private Messages pingraming
Ubie wrote:Might be worth getting just for having new maps. I bought a Garmin a few years ago on Woot! that i love, but the maps are starting to show their age.

If your Garmin has SD slot, it's pretty easy to find and load new maps....

Mantix

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Mantix

toddinfl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages toddinfl

Will this help me finally find Waldo?

kitcatbrat

quality posts: 23 Private Messages kitcatbrat

Wow, $29.99 for a GPS unit. I never thought I'd see the day.

CrazyAstroman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CrazyAstroman

Would love to share on Google+, but it doesn't look like that's an option. Which is fine because no one would see it anyway.

xeverytime

quality posts: 5 Private Messages xeverytime

The mixed reviews on Amazon seem to be due to the lack of advanced features. Even the one and two star reviews indicate that this GPS performs the basics just fine.

ReboundMan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ReboundMan

I'd buy one if it was only one Tom...can't handle two Toms.

showcaller

quality posts: 33 Private Messages showcaller

I may very well be in for one. Even though I have three GPS apps on my iPhone I still like a dedicated unit sitting on the dash and as someone said it might be worth getting for the new maps aside from Tom Tom's technology. It may not have all the bells and whistles but if it gives the actual street names and warns me a mile ahead (at least) on the freeway then I think it is a pretty good deal.

toddinfl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages toddinfl
mbmanaus wrote:I would never buy another TomTom after mine took me down 50 miles of insanely dangerous old mining roads in northern Idaho when there were two perfectly good freeways that would have taken me to my destination two hours faster. If this had happened in the winter I likely would not have survived to tell the tale.

On the plus side it saved me from having to pay to go to a zoo since I got to see my fair share of wild bears that day.

That's your own fault for relying on tech and not using any common sense! You still need to have an idea of the best way to get someplace and not blindly follow this little talking robot.

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
CrazyAstroman wrote:Would love to share on Google+, but it doesn't look like that's an option. Which is fine because no one would see it anyway.

We're working on that! We'd see it!

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

macraig

quality posts: 7 Private Messages macraig
toddinfl wrote:Will this help me finally find Waldo?

If "Waldo" is in your boxer shorts, then no.

StCarl

quality posts: 5 Private Messages StCarl
KyserSoze wrote:My opinion: Spend a little more and get a model with lifetime maps and a larger screen.

Seconded. I have a 5 inch tomtom and I don't think I'd want to be squinting at anything smaller while driving at night.

Got my tomtom as a gift. Love it most of the time. Really wish it had the lifetime maps, though.

(Mod's Note: Please be sure to remove all referral codes from your links.)

maddog56

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maddog56

$89.95 on the TomTom Website

http://www.tomtom.com/en_us/products/tomtom-outlet-store/ease-black-refurbished/

jamesbottomtooth

quality posts: 41 Private Messages jamesbottomtooth

this price screws with your head, makes you want to buy a 12-pack and sell them on the street.

kamandomoos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kamandomoos
mbmanaus wrote:I would never buy another TomTom after mine took me down 50 miles of insanely dangerous old mining roads in northern Idaho when there were two perfectly good freeways that would have taken me to my destination two hours faster. If this had happened in the winter I likely would not have survived to tell the tale.

thats why u have to be smarter then the tomtom garmins or any GPS if the maps arent updated will do that

ipv6freely

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ipv6freely

I have one of these. For a basic GPS, it works great. It lacks some advanced features, but for the price, who can complain? Lack of unlimited map updates kinda sucks, but it's never been a problem for me.

Not the best GPS in the world by any means, but for the price, it's absolutely worth it. Might also be something good even if you have something better, to bring with you on trips for in the rental car.

DaoudaW

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DaoudaW

Can I use this for geo-caching? It's small enough and a two hour battery could allow me to walk/search for awhile. My question is does it have an appropriate display for use while walking/mapping in unknown terrain.

dascooper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dascooper

For the price, it would be worth it keeping as a spare for use in rental cars when traveling. I'm thinking about it - already have an old Garmin in one car and an indash I installed in my 2002 Buick Century.

halgorithm

quality posts: 1 Private Messages halgorithm

I cannot believe you magnificent bastiges suckered me on another woot deal. But.. I think this is AWESOME!

mattlscc

quality posts: 34 Private Messages mattlscc

Too small of screen... gotta go larger for GPS these days.

rallyemore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rallyemore
twiggygp wrote:This isn't the same model.

Ah crap. My woot-fu is weak tonight. Link removed.

halgorithm

quality posts: 1 Private Messages halgorithm
mattlscc wrote:Too small of screen... gotta go larger for GPS these days.

Does that look like a phone to you? Because the last time I talked on a GPS as it was a phone was when I was imaginating it. Real GPS not this triangulated PLEASE WAIT stuff.

dougtaylor1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dougtaylor1
kamandomoos wrote:thats why u have to be smarter then the tomtom garmins or any GPS if the maps arent updated will do that

So you have to update your maps for the freeways that have been there all along. That makes absolutely no sense.

hopeless00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hopeless00
DaoudaW wrote:Can I use this for geo-caching? It's small enough and a two hour battery could allow me to walk/search for awhile. My question is does it have an appropriate display for use while walking/mapping in unknown terrain.

That's also one of the reasons I got this.. I don't see why it wouldn't work

showcaller

quality posts: 33 Private Messages showcaller
mattlscc wrote:Too small of screen... gotta go larger for GPS these days.

One does not miss which one does not have. I have never had a screen larger than 3.5 inches so I would be fine with this because I am used to it. My brother n law has a large in dash GPS/Radio/CD/Depth chargers/ the whole shootin match in his brand new Honda CRV and as cool as it is, I still don't mind the 3.5" screen.

Hypnopaedia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hypnopaedia
DaoudaW wrote:Can I use this for geo-caching? It's small enough and a two hour battery could allow me to walk/search for awhile. My question is does it have an appropriate display for use while walking/mapping in unknown terrain.

Don't do it. It would be terrible. For urban areas, usually a smart phone will be fine. For the woods, find a nice used Garmin 60csx and search away. I don't believe this even has a way to enter specific long/lat coords into it.

Even if you could, it would not be good.

ireyes21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ireyes21

Does the device give you live traffic reports? Does it give estimated travel times on different routes?

stanlam

quality posts: 2 Private Messages stanlam

Wow, the price is cheaper then my first Thomas Guide map. DOES ANYBODY EVEN KNOW WHAT A THOMAS GUIDE MAP IS ANYMORE?

ireyes21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ireyes21
ipv6freely wrote:I have one of these. For a basic GPS, it works great. It lacks some advanced features, but for the price, who can complain? Lack of unlimited map updates kinda sucks, but it's never been a problem for me.

Not the best GPS in the world by any means, but for the price, it's absolutely worth it. Might also be something good even if you have something better, to bring with you on trips for in the rental car.

Does the device give you live traffic reports? Does it give estimated travel times on different routes?