0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Clickfree C2 500GB Portable Backup Drive Special Edition
$69.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

radrico

quality posts: 0 Private Messages radrico

15$ more wouldve got you 150 gig earlier.

eldiablohijo

quality posts: 35 Private Messages eldiablohijo

Zuska57

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zuska57

2 TB at Staples for $20 More

nettronic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nettronic

Way too high priced

recerts available for ~$30 less
http://www.amazon.com/Clickfree-R527BCR-1004-100-Re-certified-500GB-Portable/dp/B005G7AW82

Time for a coffee break this one is going to take a while lol

glendower

quality posts: 4 Private Messages glendower

The thing about these external drives is that it's difficult to know what drive is actually in there. In a way, it's like buying a hard drive with no label on it.

catfishhunters99

quality posts: 4 Private Messages catfishhunters99

Half a terabyte? That's so 2009.

apemouse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages apemouse

Crap! "For Windows Comeputers Only". I went the cheap route and only bought a computer.

superstargoddess

quality posts: 2 Private Messages superstargoddess

This is tempting, but with everything else I have bought tonight, not sure I can justify this. It's something that I probably won't need, and if I did, I wouldn't need that much to back up the stuff I can't live without.

I am looking to buy "Life Choices", any size, send me a message!

So fuhqued up.

nrowensby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nrowensby

I'll check back in a few hours to see if this has moved yet...

finalhour

quality posts: 0 Private Messages finalhour

Hmmm....yeahhh I'll pass, just bought a 2TB Fantom Drive for 90 bucks NEW....don't really need a quarter of the space if 20 bucks more yields 4x the space

-Nate K

rebeltreble

quality posts: 17 Private Messages rebeltreble

Drats. All I really need is a gaming-esque laptop, but it will still be another 2 months before I've saved enough for a Woot refurb (only have $400 saved). Oh well, gimme something good in November Woot Monkeys!

I will still be following this Woot Off though.

Signatures are harshing my mellow.

klacour

quality posts: 17 Private Messages klacour

Seagate 500GB GoFlex is readily available for $50 free shipping from Amazon... not a real good deal ..

ttp://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003ELOSFK/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_9?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER
h

A woot minion since 2006 ...

mahumphrey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mahumphrey

Half a terabyte, really? This must be a typo since I just saw a 1TB WD external yesterday for cheaper.

ebnub

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ebnub

Hey woot, how about some golf stuff before I get off work in 30 min and goto some sleep!

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

man it would seem they have about 150-200 of these- Gonna take a little nap now. Goodnight woot.

lonewulf70

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lonewulf70
Zuska57 wrote:2 TB at Staples for $20 More

link?
i dont see a clickfree 2TB at staples less than 179

i do agree that this is a little high for a 500GB external drive - that appears only to have usb2.0
there are usb3.0 clickfree drives that are in 100 mark for about a 1TB.

pass on this...

superstargoddess

finalhour wrote:Hmmm....yeahhh I'll pass, just bought a 2TB Fantom Drive for 90 bucks NEW....don't really need a quarter of the space if 20 bucks more yields 4x the space

I guess it's just me, but I can't even imagine why someone would need 2tb of backup! The partitioned part of my hard drive that I use to backup stuff in case I need to reformat the Windows partition on an emergency- only has almost 49gigs on it!

You people must have a lot of downloaded movies or music or something!

So fuhqued up.

eldiablohijo

The cost of this drive is more around whatever no-name backup software that comes with it.

Backup software can be pretty straight forward. It took me an hour to write a piece of software that will keep a back-up folder in sync with a source folder. Far from perfect and not very pretty at all but it's not a complex mechanic.

So save yourself some money, buy a cheaper drive on sale with bigger space and then find some free backup software.

drmurdoc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages drmurdoc

I would give 30 for that

riffydivine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages riffydivine

Heck for 10 dollars more you can get a seagate 2TB one over at tigerdirect. Doesn't seem like much of a deal.

eldiablohijo

superstargoddess wrote:You people must have a lot of downloaded movies or music or something!

High Quality Photos plus Music and become very large over time.

Zangiefsjm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zangiefsjm

This brand of drive is like a retired ninja. It's the first time I've ever seen one.

love2cruise

quality posts: 7 Private Messages love2cruise

I highly recommend this for the technically challenged. The software is the key to it's value. I have used mine for about a year and had to restore files from a crashed computer during that time. This is "backup for dummies" and I'm not afraid to admit that I'm one of those dummies because I love mine.

xcapone

quality posts: 1 Private Messages xcapone

Its portable, has 256-bit encryption, and you don't have to manually back up files, that's it gimmick?

rebeltreble

To keep in mind this is a portable drive which are always more expensive than desktop models. If you are going to compare, you need to compare this to another portable which makes this a pretty good deal.

I don't personally use a portable, but know plenty of people that do. They have their uses.

As for not needing 2TB of backup, I have 4 TB and over half of it is filled. We don't have music or videos either. It is all pictures and financial documents.

indytycoon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages indytycoon

Everyone is missing the main part of the description, it's a "Special Edition" So they can charge more for it.

SuperNinja

quality posts: 18 Private Messages SuperNinja
superstargoddess wrote:I guess it's just me, but I can't even imagine why someone would need 2tb of backup! The partitioned part of my hard drive that I use to backup stuff in case I need to reformat the Windows partition on an emergency- only has almost 49gigs on it!

You people must have a lot of downloaded movies or music or something!

It doesn't really matter how much space is actually going to be used, what matters is price per gig. The price per gig on this drive is relatively high compared to other similarly sized drives.

Seventy8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Seventy8

It's a usb powered, 2.5" drive.
For comparison, Amazon's Deal of the Day is a 500gb 2.5" hdd for $50, down from $63.

Add to that the software, and the external case...

Not a bad price.

Wake up guys.

theherbshack

quality posts: 7 Private Messages theherbshack
rebeltreble wrote:To keep in mind this is a portable drive which are always more expensive than desktop models. If you are going to compare, you need to compare this to another portable which makes this a pretty good deal.

I don't personally use a portable, but know plenty of people that do. They have their uses.

As for not needing 2TB of backup, I have 4 TB and over half of it is filled. We don't have music or videos either. It is all pictures and financial documents.

You must have lots of money ;)

dudek

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dudek

The maker's page is here:

http://www.clickfree.com/products_c2.php

It's worth noting it's smaller than it looks in the photo, and it does work with both Mac and Windows, and doubtless Linux.

I am tempted.

drmurdoc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages drmurdoc

this thing will take forever to sale out

lpsisrl

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lpsisrl

Missing the point folks. It's about the drive AND the software. A cheap drive does you no good if you don't use it to backup on a regular basis. That's what this is about. Easy software to setup and configure backups and then forget it. Are you really going to get a cheaper drive and then use Windows backup on it? Nope. You'll buy a cheaper one and then it will sit there not used because you never got around to installing and configuring backup software. Then there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth when your main drive fails and there's no backup. (written by someone who weeped and gnashed after my main drive failed. Because my Windows backup had stopped working for serveral months and I never got around to fixing it, I lost a lot of stuff!)

superstargoddess

To everyone who replied to me, I see what you are saying. Especially about the price per gig thing and the amount of stuff that you have and what type.

And to Zangiefsjm- That was hilarious.

So fuhqued up.

mjpoplaw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjpoplaw

OUCH! Buy.com has 2TB for the same price... And it includes backup software.

rsmithgi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rsmithgi

Most of you are missing the point that this is not just plain external HD. It contains software to automate the backup process. It can also be connected to multiple computers to back them up also.

Not a bad deal. The software alone could easily cost that much.

electronix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages electronix

$48.99 with free shipping at Buy.com Says recertified at top of screen, but Condition states it's brand new. So ?

http://www.buy.com/prod/re-certified-c2-500gb-portable/223269687.html

carpan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages carpan
indytycoon wrote:Everyone is missing the main part of the description, it's a "Special Edition" So they can charge more for it.

Plus they look shiny.

Berg of Carp- 5/22/12, 3/22/12, 12/25/11, 12/6/11, 10/12/11, 9/14/11, 8/17/11, 7/12/11, 6/15/11, 4/1/11, 12/25/10, 12/1/10, 10/21/10

rebeltreble

theherbshack wrote:You must have lots of money ;)

Still not enough for a gaming laptop. :-/