0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Razer Mamba Dual Mode Wired / Wireless Laser Gaming Mouse
$59.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Dissonance

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Dissonance

I love my refurbed Razer Mamba! I got it from moofi a while back and it works great!

Flipflargin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Flipflargin

Mmm... glowy stand.

skyeripper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skyeripper

Bah, and I just bought the 17 button version the other day on deals.woot

ZachL2408

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ZachL2408

I am looking for a cheap surround sound. Any chance it comes up in this woot off? Anyone know where else I can find a cheap yet pretty good system?

quality posts: 9 Private Messages 00000100

Snatched one of these a few months back during a woot-off, and I haven't been disappointed. The Mamba's a great mouse, and the $130 price point is a discouraging factor, but getting it for over half off is quite a steal. Only downside is it looks like this is not the "new" model, which allows you to set custom colors. Quite sleek, IMHO, but this mouse will perform just as well (unless they changed the performance...).

Link for reference:
http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.169418100

EDIT: woops, this is the "new" version. It is better spec'd, but it's not worth twice as much (again, IMHO):
http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.231103000/parentCategoryID.35208800/categoryId.35210600

krasnal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krasnal
Dissonance wrote:I love my refurbed Razer Mamba! I got it from moofi a while back and it works great!

I got mine too but it was previously used by some slob with greasy hands... disgusting.

pukeboy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pukeboy

A refurbished mouse... just so you know, someone could have been touching their caulk before using this mouse, if they hadn't bought the previous product!

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Inappropriate and gross post. Deleted multiple times for a reason. 48h

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 48 hours and then try posting again.

elizapipp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elizapipp

Does anyone know if this'll work for lefties? Those buttons on the side make me wonder...

ensuingrequiem

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ensuingrequiem

How does the scroll-wheel feel? I kinda like the dual mode that Logitech have and would much rather get the MX Anywhere with Darkfield.

Turc

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Turc

I got this in a previous Wooting. some people complain about the battery life, but I've never had a problem with it.

riggsae

quality posts: 0 Private Messages riggsae
ZachL2408 wrote:I am looking for a cheap surround sound. Any chance it comes up in this woot off? Anyone know where else I can find a cheap yet pretty good system?

I just picked up one from Amazon. I posted it on deals.woot.com today.

http://deals.woot.com/deals/details/bdcdabab-d047-49b9-b976-8440548468ea/onkyo-ht-s5400-7-1-channel-home-theater-receiver-speaker-package-electronics#0

cwill5151

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwill5151
pukeboy wrote:A refurbished mouse... just so you know, someone could have been touching their caulk before using this mouse, if they hadn't bought the previous product!

Yea, Krasnal may just have caulk envy.

voodooaddict

quality posts: 0 Private Messages voodooaddict

Quality wireless gaming mouse. If I didn't already have one I'd grab this.

spelluck

quality posts: 1 Private Messages spelluck

If I didn't have three razer mice already, I'd get this in a heartbeat.

elizapipp wrote:Does anyone know if this'll work for lefties? Those buttons on the side make me wonder...

It'll work for lefties; the two buttons on the left side top of the mouse adjust DPI (sensitivity) and the buttons on the side are just additional function buttons. If you want to use your left hand, you may have some trouble reaching them, but the mouse itself will still function.

Eggwagon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Eggwagon

I bought two of these the last time they were on Sellout. They work great, the only issue I never know how close I am to running the battery out of juice. This has caused me a few unneeded deaths in League of Legends.

subman84

quality posts: 3 Private Messages subman84

That's a lot of cash for a used mouse. They should call it a rat instead.

The man who thinks he can and the man who thinks he can't are both right.

drmurdoc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages drmurdoc

pass

linoth

quality posts: 3 Private Messages linoth

Battery life is surprisingly short compared to other "performance" wireless mice. I get probably 6-8 hours from mine at rather low power settings, and I don't play anything taxing like an FPS.

Sensor is sensitive enough to make the mouse pointer move just from typing on the desk surface.

Drivers are pretty standard and don't cause any issues in Windows 7 64-bit. You get no warning that your battery is getting low, so you need to either watch it, or periodically check yourself.

I did have to apply a little oil to the scroll wheel when it developed a squeak, but that was probably a freak occurrence.

Bought it for the dual-mode, and it works well in that respect. For comparison, I've owned a Logitech MX700 and Logitech MX Revolution.

Quailmann7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Quailmann7
00000100 wrote:It'll work for lefties; the two buttons on the left side top of the mouse adjust DPI (sensitivity) and the buttons on the side are just additional function buttons. If you want to use your left hand, you may have some trouble reaching them, but the mouse itself will still function.

incorrect to some degree

2 of the buttons adjust DPI... but there are 4 on the side. the other 2 are programmable for gaming and yes, this is much more righty friendly. also, my mouse occasionally stops working and i have to switch it on and off again

femtoscooter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages femtoscooter

A wireless gaming mouse? Nah.

ramanwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ramanwoot
krasnal wrote:I got mine too but it was previously used by some slob with greasy hands... disgusting.

Sorry that was me...

Was watching P***

dbcooper

quality posts: 16 Private Messages dbcooper
linoth wrote:
I did have to apply a little oil to the scroll wheel when it developed a squeak, but that was probably a freak occurrence.

The squeaky mouse gets the grease.

<life>...insert something interesting here...</life>

nitroneal

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nitroneal

Can I set this to have no acceleration?

There are two types of people in this world:
Those who finish what they start and

KillerOwen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KillerOwen

Bought this last time around for 75.99. Best mouse I've used so far especially when it comes to wireless. The battery has only died on me once where I was on my computer finishing a project for literally 17+ hours, but it only took a couple seconds and I was completely wired up and ready to go. Only complaint was that the wheel ends up squeaking after a few months of use. I sent it back and got a new one that also started squeaking after a few months. Finally found a fix where I applied a small amount of silicone where the scroll was squeaking, and haven't had an issue since.

virus361

quality posts: 1 Private Messages virus361
elizapipp wrote:Does anyone know if this'll work for lefties? Those buttons on the side make me wonder...

you could if you wanted to but you will have to use your pinky for the speed controll (the two buttons next to the left click) and the back and forward buttons on the side. It does have a very slight slope for a right handed person but it migth be a little akward for a left handed person. This is one of the few mice razer makes that is a right handed specific mouse almost all work either way

Sylus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sylus

Meh. Let me know when they have the Cyborg RAT 7 on sale, then I'' be more enthusiastic.

jomar47

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jomar47

Cool sander

Quailmann7 wrote:incorrect to some degree

2 of the buttons adjust DPI... but there are 4 on the side. the other 2 are programmable for gaming and yes, this is much more righty friendly. also, my mouse occasionally stops working and i have to switch it on and off again

My grammar was unclear; there are four buttons; two for DPI and two function buttons. I meant two on the top, and two on the side, but re-reading it I can see the confusion. Thanks for the clarification.

gojirast

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gojirast

I had one for about a year, and the scroll wheel started freaking out, jumping lines in the opposite direction, etc. Nothing would correct this. Not even compressed air to remove the theorized dust or hair.

From reading the Razer forums, this is not uncommon with their mice of late. Too bad. It was nice while it lasted. Now I've moved on to a R.A.T. 7.

dbcooper

atkinsonleonard17 wrote:I just got a $829.99 iPad2 for only $103.37 and my mom got a $1499.99 HDTV for only $251.92, they are both coming with USPS tomorrow. I would be an id iot to ever pay full retail prices at places like Walmart or Bestbuy. I sold a 37" HDTV to my boss for $600 that I only paid $78.24 for. ...

Is there anyone on earth that is stupid enough to fall for this?

filetap

quality posts: 2 Private Messages filetap
dbcooper wrote:Is there anyone on earth that is stupid enough to fall for this?

reported

rwheadon

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rwheadon

These are very good devices. The finish is kind of silky to the touch.

I just wish I knew how to use it.

rich

princesspraline

quality posts: 1 Private Messages princesspraline

Black is the only color for the Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamba

Gnomercy

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Gnomercy

After being a long time Razer gal for gaming, I have converted back to Logitech currently using the G700.

Unfortunately Razer tech support is not what it should be and the drivers are not updated/fixed quickly enough when problems are identified by customers.

Also, imho Razer equipment's price tag does not match the actual quality of the merchandise they deliver. I tried a Razer Naga that worked for 29 days before it failed, and I exchanged it for my G700. I'm happy.

My G700 works wireless/wired, uses a single rechargeable AA battery, and has plenty of buttons and software that works pretty darned well.

Razer, I used to love you, but it's all over now.

filetap

quality posts: 2 Private Messages filetap

gets 4.5 out of 5 starts on cnet
http://reviews.cnet.com/mice/razer-mamba/4505-3148_7-33625723.html

seems to be a decent mouse

subman84

quality posts: 3 Private Messages subman84
dbcooper wrote:Is there anyone on earth that is stupid enough to fall for this?

most likely yes, that's why people keep trying.

The man who thinks he can and the man who thinks he can't are both right.

dbcooper

rwheadon wrote:
I just wish I knew how to use it.

Quick tutorial:

1) Move the mouse to the left. Notice the cursor on the screen moves left?

2) Move the mouse to the right. Notice the cursor on the screen moves right?

You can take it from there!