JoeJitsu

quality posts: 4 Private Messages JoeJitsu
madhatt3r111 wrote:I don't get it... Even with Comcast's "High Speed" or on my system at work or on my smart phone I catch the Bundle of Crops popping up in the first few seconds and lament at the timeout errors I continue to receive. You must live across the street from their servers ;)

I'm in Alabama, actually. Usually it's just dumb luck and/or persistence that seems to get them. I was able to get one today by continually reloading/resending in the face of the 503 errors until I got a legitimate page where I could enter my code and click the gold buttons. I have also found that Firefox works like a charm for me while IE is only okay and Chrome stinks for getting the bag, though I don't know why. Other people have reported different results with the same browsers. Several of the bags I've gotten have been the special day bags, such as April Fool's day. I get them over AT&T DSL at work and Charter cable modem at home so I don't think the carrier makes much difference.

Random Ċrap (2011: 1/25,8/17,9/14 2010: 12/24,12/1,10/21,4/28,4/1, 2009: 12/25,12/9,4/1, 2008: 5/9,4/1, 2007: 12/25,10/25,3/23)
Screaming Monkey 3/28/08(pink/bluex3), 4/27/07(black), 3/23/07(greenx3)
Sansa MP3 2/11/08 (1gb x2), 8/18/06 (256MB x2), 7/31/06 (256MB x2)
Jumbo Universal Remote x2, DigiPro Graphics Tablet x1, Acer Aspire Desktop Computer x1, VTech Digital Cordless Phone x1,
Pinnacle DVD Maker x1, iRiver Mobile FM Transmitter x3, LeakFrog x3, Adaptec AVC-1400 GameBridge x2

JoeJitsu

madhatt3r111 wrote:I don't get it... Even with Comcast's "High Speed" or on my system at work or on my smart phone I catch the Bundle of Crops popping up in the first few seconds and lament at the timeout errors I continue to receive. You must live across the street from their servers ;)

I'm in Alabama, actually. Usually it's just dumb luck and/or persistence that seems to get them. I was able to get one today by continually reloading/resending in the face of the 503 errors until I got a legitimate page where I could enter my code and click the gold buttons. I have also found that Firefox works like a charm for me while IE is only okay and Chrome stinks for getting the bag, though I don't know why. Other people have reported different results with the same browsers. Several of the bags I've gotten have been the special day bags, such as April Fool's day. I get them over AT&T DSL at work and Charter cable modem at home so I don't think the carrier makes much difference.

Random Ċrap (2011: 1/25,8/17,9/14 2010: 12/24,12/1,10/21,4/28,4/1, 2009: 12/25,12/9,4/1, 2008: 5/9,4/1, 2007: 12/25,10/25,3/23)
Jumbo Universal Remote x2, DigiPro Graphics Tablet x1, Acer Aspire Desktop Computer x1, VTech Digital Cordless Phone x1,
Pinnacle DVD Maker x1, iRiver Mobile FM Transmitter x3, LeakFrog x3, Adaptec AVC-1400 GameBridge x2

JoeJitsu

tiler100

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiler100

Bundle of Crops is more elusive than a yeti riding shotgun to a Sasquatch on top of The Loch Ness Monster while hunting for a Chupacabra.

dsentelle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dsentelle

I LOOOOOOOVE PONIES, they really need to introduce a captcha security that's required to even click the link to the Bundle of Crops.. I've seen like 5 Bundle of Crops that all had 95%+ of the bar left to be sold and never managed to get one. Usually this is over my company's fiber optic internet connection.

JoeJitsu

tiler100

Bundle of Crops is more elusive than a yeti riding shotgun to a Sasquatch on top of The Loch Ness Monster while hunting for a Chupacabra.

JoeJitsu

tiler100

JoeJitsu

mickus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mickus

Just scored my 3rd. Bundle of Crops I can hardly wait tosee what crappy items I get.

JoeJitsu

Wow. Still getting 503 errors when posting comments. Retry just multiple posts them. Sorry, folks.

Woot's having a lot of 503 errors this Woot-off, not counting for the crap. I tried to order something yesterday and kept getting 503'ed until the item sold out.

peterkeller

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peterkeller

I got to the "stupidly large button" about 3 times, only to get a 503 after...W..T..F Woot. Seriously, why - so that people can waste 30 mins, utter bullsh1t.

Woot has the most garbage servers on the internet

sussler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sussler

They did used to be much easier to get.

The only one I've snagged in the last several years was the one where everyone had a 1 in 10 chance based on (if I recall correctly) the Dow Jones and the order number.

It's become a very popular item, I think due to the thrill of the attempted conquest. Sadly, unless you're glued to the computer during the Wootoff, you have no chance and even if you are, you only have a slight chance.

That almost automatically rules out people who have to work for a living and can't focus on Woot continuously.

Ah well, I got me a Dyson earlier today.

tparadox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tparadox

The 503 madness meant this was the first time I thought I had a shot at a Bundle of Crops for longer than two seconds.

... and I didn't. Also because of 503s.

whiplash13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whiplash13

Been Wooting since 2006 and have yet to land the elusive Bindle of Carrots. Was to the payment and confirm order screens several times (including this go around) but never had a successful order placed

bertme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bertme

Been trying for years to get a "Bindle of Carrots"..
What's the secret?

friartek

quality posts: 15 Private Messages friartek

My count is now 2.

503 .. 503 .. 503 ..

Thought I would never get it. When the order page came up it was in text and not graphical format. I'll take it any way I can. Never did get a receipt on line. Had a second tab open trying to get to my account and again 503... Finally after things settled down my account showed up with the Bundle of Crops listed.

Anyone know how to change the vote count? (rhetorical)

tolerance: a fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward opinions and practices that differ from one's own.
BOC: 4 Including the very last Woot!-off B)C. One of the lucky few.

tparadox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tparadox

Okay, maybe this time I can manage not to spam 50 times.

Anyway, there definitely needs to be some reform to the Bundle of Crops process. Those poor people with double-digit purchases need their chance to "win" too.

ElanorRigby

quality posts: 14 Private Messages ElanorRigby

I got all the way to the "place your order" button..but then got 503'd before I could get to the stupidly large "I want one" button. Been a wooter since '05, and I still haven't gotten one. I came really close today, but still no luck.

Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun...

motorcyclemama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages motorcyclemama

I've been a purchasing Wooter for about 4 years and still haven't managed to get a Bindle of Carrots! Oh crap.....

kimberly4woot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kimberly4woot

After voting for "None, and I'm never going to buy anything from you until I do", I finally, for the very first time, got a Bundle of Crops I also purchased a Dyson DC14 (yeah, I lied about never buying anything).

It took me over 30 minutes worth of painful webpage refreshes (actual work!) to make it to the Order Confirmation page where I clicked on "Buy It". When the webpage address said I made it to the order status page, the page itself was blank. The only way to confirm my success was by checking my credit card transactions.

I dunno if all those 503 errors helped or not, but I was one of the 2,500.

Mr3dPHD

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Mr3dPHD

I've gotten two.

Best item: Memorex iPod Boom Box ($50 value)

Worst item: Pair of 6 year old girl's pantyhose.

Oddest item: USB GPS Transponder for your laptop w/Microsoft Streets & Trips 2007. Makes your laptop into the biggest GPS system (with the most outdated data) EVER!!!

Woots: 26
Wine.Woots: 3
Kids.Woots: 4
Shirt.Woots: 1
Sellout.Woots: 1
Craps: 6

cwolfpack3

quality posts: 12 Private Messages cwolfpack3

none and not for lack of trying! think I may have to sell my first born to Rumplestilskin to get one!

Seity

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Seity

Once back in 2005. Never been lucky enough to get another one.

itsdeuce

quality posts: 1 Private Messages itsdeuce

I've had three, the woot is strong with this one.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 47 Private Messages PocketBrain
cwolfpack3 wrote:none and not for lack of trying! think I may have to sell my first born to Rumplestilskin to get one!

Boy or girl? And how old? I need a domestic.

peopleagain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peopleagain

We tried today on 4 different machines (laptop, pc, ipad, and iphone4) and could not get through.

azsteved

quality posts: 8 Private Messages azsteved

I just snagged my first after 2.5 years of trying. Woot!

mona0411

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mona0411
equazcion wrote:Those who answered "NONE AND I'M NEVER..." may have a hard time getting one without buying anything before they get one. These bags do need to be bought before they're gotten, generally.

They didn't have an option that applied to me, namely: "NONE even though I have been TRYING to buy some CRAP every WOOT-OFF since I joined in 2006!!

mhgeorge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mhgeorge

None...I've played the stupid game numerous times but never won. The same person always has the highest score and you can't get it((

Meggeler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Meggeler

None since Nov 2004! Just unlucky, or too slow internet connection

mary9533

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mary9533

I tried to get today's bag, but couldn't get through. Not helpful, especially when I was trying at work. During a break of course!

Mary Richards

mary9533

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mary9533
azsteved wrote:I just snagged my first after 2.5 years of trying. Woot!

Mary Richards

timmyvee

quality posts: 7 Private Messages timmyvee

Waiting for the day when Woot rewards their most faithful customers and sells (or gives) Bundle of Crops to the top buyers. At 227 and counting, I deserve it

chalion

quality posts: 8 Private Messages chalion
mary9533 wrote:I tried to get today's bag, but couldn't get through. Not helpful, especially when I was trying at work. During a break of course!

Same here. I was surprised that I was able to get to the site, then more surprised I was able to log in while the bags where first up, but kept getting 503 errors.

But my vote was: 4 or more bags. In 2008 I got 3, mostly because not as many people were part of woot back then compared to now. My last bag was caught June 2010, where I got my nice Bulova watch and non-functional Roomba.

timmyvee wrote:Waiting for the day when Woot rewards their most faithful customers and sells (or gives) Bundle of Crops to the top buyers. At 227 and counting, I deserve it

Myself: 317

But who's counting, yes?

Recommended signature image size is 5k.

Meggeler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Meggeler
chalion wrote:Myself: 317

But who's counting, yes?

Not Woot!

Marshillboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Marshillboy

Here's a funny story: I get caught up in the Bundle of Crops rush today and am refreshing like mad but getting nowhere. I finally give up and go outside to bury a squirrel my cat killed. Half an hour later I come back, hit the refresh button, go through the checkout and get my Brotherhood of Croatians.

Good things come to those who stop caring? It was my first woot ever, what it's worth.

kschouten

quality posts: 14 Private Messages kschouten

I am just so sad at not getting a bag o crap. So sad. I feel like it will never happen. I will never be so lucky, so on top of things to snag one, even though my attention has been on Woot for the past 36 hours. But bag o crap happened when my little girl was getting off the bus. Really bad timing.

So sad.

cshupe

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cshupe

I scored my 8th bag today.

Persistence seemed to work today, just refreshing thru the 504 errors until gold buttons appeared. Using ie9, verizon dsl. It has been harder over the last couple of years than before. I think they have hundreds of thousands of hits that come almost instantly.

Most of the stuff is crappy, but I did get 24 Nike sport bags once, 20 w00t wine bags, 12 camera cases, a remote control robosaurus, a roomba...and it's worth the effort every time!