rfsmit

quality posts: 7 Private Messages rfsmit
mcrenshaw64 wrote:10 Inch No Blade Bladeless Portable Fan (Air Multiplier)
by Elution
Price: $82.54
In Stock.
Sold by Green Web Inc and Fulfilled by Amazon.

Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's own warehouses, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these items. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Super Saver Shipping and .

7 new from $77.48 2 used from $79.99

I came here to say exactly the same thing. Word for word.

Plus this:

I got a normal fan for $10 brand new from Goodwill. Plus, as my son found out, if/ yo/u s/ing in/to i/t, it ma/kes y/our vo/ice al/l ch/opp/y, too.

vladistov

quality posts: 51 Private Messages vladistov
philluhlig wrote:On the one hand, things went a bit crazy with the 503s, but on the other hand some people are going out for blood like their first born was murdered. So thank you for apologizing. Can you please bring back the bag of carp maybe?

Though I wouldn't have said that about your office-mate, pregnant ladies are dangerous. If she finds out you apologized for her actions, she might attack! Quick, play dead and curl up into a ball while shouting as loud as you can and making yourself appear larger... I think one of those things works with grizzly bears.

The best thing to do with expecting-women is to build a safe-room with a narrow doorway.

tavernpuzzler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tavernpuzzler

I can't think of a really good reason for this aside from keeping one's very curious baby in one piece.

No baby. Therefore spend $10 on standard fan.

dnangel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dnangel

This is a crazy device

sungunner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sungunner

If I turn this fan on in the middle of my buffet table, will they cancel each other out?

Hurricane4911

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Hurricane4911

If you buy this POC you get exactly what you deserve....

a cheap fan hidden in a base for $149.

Excuse me its an "air multiplier"

lombrosis

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lombrosis

If I buy three of these, how many air will it get me?

nails369

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nails369

Another mindlessly expensive and mostly useless (or not superbly useful) item from Dyson.

At least this one doesn't use suction.

flutafone06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flutafone06

The only problem with jet engine technology is that it sounds like a jet engine.

greyday

quality posts: 55 Private Messages greyday

I'm having trouble with my air not flowing. Will this help in that regard? Keep in mind I live in a drawer.

speedracerx808

quality posts: 0 Private Messages speedracerx808
TJFoxxxx wrote:Shouldn't that be "LUKE, I AM YOUR FATHER"?

Actually it's "No. I am your father."

oldbutnotstupid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oldbutnotstupid
etlrunabout wrote:Did anyone actually complain about the airflow from conventional fans being 'choppy' before someone at Dyson decided it was a problem? It seems that a main selling point of their fan is based on a problem I've never heard anyone complain about. I must admit that this is the best price I've seen this sold for, but I'd still rather buy 4 nice Vornados for the same price.

I bought a Vornado on Woot last year...can't beat it. With the Dyson you pay for the novelty.

fstopdigital

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fstopdigital
mvsopen wrote:I saw one of these today at the local Big Box Store (BBS is a copyright phrase of Big Box Industries, Inc)

It was several hundred dollars more there, and really moves an amazingly large volume of air. These things would be great in a nursery, or any house with small children.

High priced, sure, but I'm a fan of this fan!

if by "amazingly large volume of air" you mean "less air than a small $20 clip on fan"

dyson advertises "5 gallons of air per second"
which translates into 40 cubic ft per minute, which is the usual rating for fans

a small desktop fan moves around 150 cfm

responseataol

quality posts: 1 Private Messages responseataol

these are about 20 bucks in japan...just fyi

tonycyndy

quality posts: 14 Private Messages tonycyndy

I'll pay $149 for a Dyson hand dryer....just because those are really fun, although they're as loud as a 747 at takeoff. But this fan? It is a bust-o-mundo.

xrocom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xrocom

Not as good as a fan. Very noisy fan motor in its base. A good rotating fan has much better volume and quitter. Go to Best Buy for display.

mdbeamer65

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdbeamer65

Get a Vornado if you want a good fan that moves air. They are American made and have great customer service too. My cat knocked mine out of a window and broke the blade. They sent me a replacement free! I'll never own anything else.

Danharr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Danharr

I have one of these and like it. I received it as a gift so had no idea they cost this much. Cost aside, it is a pretty nice fan and you do get a surprising amount of air at low settings and it does have a certain coolness factor. The air amplification concept is true, we use similar devices at work for tank work. For the price I don't think I'd recommend it, though. I'd buy another for maybe as high as around around $50.

inod3

quality posts: 6 Private Messages inod3

Does the ring glow?

rpstrong

quality posts: 5 Private Messages rpstrong
aolshove wrote:(Plus I was dying to use the word "Annular" in a sentence)

I did once, but it was in the classifieds.

talormolly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages talormolly
vttroy wrote:I bought one from DX, or possibly Goodluckbuy. It is quite loud, but does move air very well. It had an awful 12Vdc adapter for power. I ripped it apart in hopes of putting a quieter fan inside the base. For $23, I lost interest pretty quickly.

I bought a thing from dx, the delivery time was about 3 month. I won't buy from them, never

tootygreen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tootygreen

Had one; neatest feature was the back is flat, and as long as it's not oscillating, you can put it flush against a wall & it doesn't impede airflow. Returned it when I realized I could pull it 6" away from the wall and save $140.

Invisiblemoose

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Invisiblemoose
superstargoddess wrote:Hmm, these are louder than a basic fan of the same size? I have a fan that is literally as old as I am, and I wonder if it is louder than that.

The beast I have now:

My friend has that fan!!

deepak1510

quality posts: 1 Private Messages deepak1510

OMGOMGOMGPONIESOMG i saw this at best buy and trust me its worth it so cool you could put your hand through the fan without getting it chopped off

buffaloed

quality posts: 28 Private Messages buffaloed

If you want to be the butt of jokes for the rest of your life, buy this fan. Invite your friends and relatives over. Tell 'em how much you paid for it.

nyisless13

quality posts: 6 Private Messages nyisless13
lombrosis wrote:If I buy three of these, how many air will it get me?

I heard divers are sticking these in their oxygen tanks, the air multiplication is saving them millions.

arieltf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arieltf
nunyazz wrote:It actually does NOT have any blades in the base...
http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/gadgets/home/dyson-bladeless-fan.htm

But, even if it was powered by kryptonite, it's still too expensive.

Yes it does. Page 2 of your link states:
"Calling the Dyson Air Multiplier a fan with no blades is perhaps a touch misleading. There are blades in the fan -- you just can't see them. The pedestal hides the blades. A motor rotates nine asymmetrically-aligned blades to pull air into the device. According to Dyson, these blades can pull in up to 5.28 gallons (about 20 liters) of air per second."

mgrigajtis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mgrigajtis

Really? $150 for a 10" table fan?

ruckstande

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ruckstande

And for a few dollars more.

curtisl42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages curtisl42

So it's a cool looking, overpriced gadget that does the same thing as other manufacturer's gadgets do for 1/10th the cost. You sure this isn't made by Apple?

desigirlz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages desigirlz
aolshove wrote:Did you know that these fans function on a principal used in the first hovercraft called an "Annular Jet"? Dyson touts it as a great new invention but it's been around since before 1955.

(Plus I was dying to use the word "Annular" in a sentence)

When is the next annular eclipse?
This air multiplier looks like one...

jmartin6998

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmartin6998

What crap... You can buy a $20 fan that moves just as much air. They just moved the fan into the base. Buy up all you yuppies. It looks cool....so you must be cool. lol

jmartin6998

paulpnevada

quality posts: 26 Private Messages paulpnevada
nyisless13 wrote:Nothing. This is an entirely made-up problem with a pointless, expensive "solution."

Sounds like a governmental program.

bonuscoyote

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bonuscoyote

I miss the Vornados.
I wooted 5 of them so far. haven't seen them lately

paulpnevada

quality posts: 26 Private Messages paulpnevada
ThorsHammer wrote:$150 and no remote? This doesn't blow this sucks.

Here's the remote.

http://deals.woot.com/deals/details/e868057c-cf8d-49ad-b39a-77277b419b64/remote-controlled-switch-socket-3-pack#0

kargo27

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kargo27

Even if I was a billionaire, I wouldn't waste my money on that carp.

I understand it's a "cool" design, but I'm too practical for that nonsense.

Kuragari

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Kuragari

I bought 2 flippy fans for $15 back when woot wasn't owned by amazon and the deals were better...

JonPowell

quality posts: 4 Private Messages JonPowell
ruckstande wrote:And for a few dollars more.

I just installed one of these In my home last week.

Kuragari

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Kuragari
ruckstande wrote:And for a few dollars more.

Hell not even for a few dollars more, I paid less for the ac unit in my window, it came with a remote too.

superstargoddess

quality posts: 2 Private Messages superstargoddess
Invisiblemoose wrote:My friend has that fan!!

Ha, it seems that there is some sort of fanclub for those fans when I looked it up last night! I had no idea!

Edit: By the way, notice the 30+ years of gunk on it. :P I saved the pic as low res for the slower internet challenged wooters out there, but you can see it if you look closely!

I am looking to buy "Life Choices", any size, send me a message!

So fuhqued up.