space0matic

quality posts: 4 Private Messages space0matic
dliidlii wrote:You failed to turn off the woot lights as is your policy and thereby wasted the time of hundreds of wooters. You owe us a formal apology and I for one will not make another purchase until an apology is given.
My email to woot. feel free to copy.

It's on YOUR website, WOOT.
I, and many others, wasted an HOUR for this item and many others on today's WOOT.

WORST WOOT EVER.
You've jumped the Shark.

little gray dude

ContinentalDrifter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ContinentalDrifter
xcapone wrote:This is pretty neat, it allegedly produces 15 times the amount of air it takes in and provides a more consistent breeze than a fan because the air is compressed in a sense before being expelled.

Are you talking about a fart? Sounds like it.

Prime Suspect

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Prime Suspect

Expensive smoke and mirrors. Get a Vornado. You'll save some money, and will have a better fan.

superstargoddess

quality posts: 2 Private Messages superstargoddess
deraj828 wrote:I looked into these a while back, pretending I could afford one. I concluded that these are the fan equivalent of a $1000 set of speakers. Most people can't tell any difference, but for the people who can, it's the best thing to ever be invented and an absolute must have.

So if you've ever been annoyed by something about normal fans, if you find them "buffeting" for instance, this can be the pivotal moment of your life. If you think normal fans are fine, you probably won't appreciate this enough to justify the money.

You can tell the difference in my car stereo after I got the $150 head unit and the $300 10 inch subs and 750 watt amp. :P

I am looking to buy "Life Choices", any size, send me a message!

So fuhqued up.

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys
NewMaster wrote:The hand dryer looks cool, but doesn't work any better. This fan doesn't work better either. There's no buffeting air, yes, but that's because it barely moves air at all. Like all Dyson products, you pay more for no more functionality. In my opinion, of course.

While I have bashed every other Dyson product for being too expensive and many times not very good, the hand dryer is the one thing that actually works very well when I use it, tho I'm sure its overpriced ($1500 vs. whatever those Excel ones cost).

thegenius

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thegenius
superstargoddess wrote:You can tell the difference in my car stereo after I got the $150 head unit and the $300 10 inch subs and 750 watt amp. :P

And now your Tiburon also gets better gas mileage....but do you need 750 watts to listen to the Bieber?

chefbooyadee

quality posts: 38 Private Messages chefbooyadee

I can see legitimate reasons to buy one:

• You want something aesthetically pleasing
  • You have children or pets
  • You hate money
  • You need a quiet fan...actually no, just get a Vornado then
  • You hate wind buffeting...actually no, this is just OMGOMGOMGPONIESOMG PONIES!

For everybody else, you should just get a variable speed Vornado or Vornado-clone.

wwoot

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wwoot

It isn't often that a product royally hacks me off, but this is one of them. Overpriced, wimpy, meant only for naive people who have a desperate need to show off. It isn't even a real dadgum fan, just a ring slot blower. Big woop.

Mercantilism at its worst.

fxfuji

quality posts: 20 Private Messages fxfuji

I was curious how a 'bladeless' fan might work and went searching... Endgadget was not very complimentary:

http://www.engadget.com/2009/10/12/dysons-air-multiplier-is-the-overpriced-bladeless-fan-you-never/

I have to confess though, I've been thinking for a while now that Dyson = oddball technology + overpriced products + shameless promotion

xcapone

quality posts: 1 Private Messages xcapone

What an awesome last 24 hours here, popped my woot cherry (though I've been lurking for quite some time, I never actually bought anything) on a screaming monkey, managed to acquire a Bindle o' Carrots, and got a my first quality post. I feel accomplished.

superstargoddess

thegenius wrote:And now your Tiburon also gets better gas mileage....but do you need 750 watts to listen to the Bieber?

Haha, it's Hanson for the old school, don't you know? :P I was just messin around anyway. ;)

So fuhqued up.

chefbooyadee

quality posts: 38 Private Messages chefbooyadee
theguruguys wrote:The only Dyson product that I think has the style vs function factor in balance is this awesome Dyson hand dryer. They have them at the local amusement park here and it is one of the few hand dryers that actually dry.

Sadly, at it's $1500 price tag I doubt we will see them installed at many places. There are other hand dryers which do a decent job, like those Excel Dryer ones you see a lot now, but the Dyson actually works better.

http://www.mitsubishijettowel.com/

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah
Gatzby wrote:It's actually an issue under investigation. Apologies for any lasting mental harm it may have caused.

Does this mean the rest of us also have to turn off our woot lights? boo hoo. :~(

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

jenandlaw

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jenandlaw
NewMaster wrote:The hand dryer looks cool, but doesn't work any better. This fan doesn't work better either. There's no buffeting air, yes, but that's because it barely moves air at all. Like all Dyson products, you pay more for no more functionality. In my opinion, of course.

Any better than what? The Dyson blade dryer is MILES better than this:

http://static.flickr.com/86/267756184_98ff9314f8.jpg

I hate my avatar choices.

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
superstargoddess wrote:Dang, smited by the woot gods again. Sorry woot gods!

Awww, are you saying you're smitten? We like you too.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

Element13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Element13

$149.99 for a fan? Really? What's next...$500 for a vacuum cleaner? Oh, wait...

These fans do use blades (which are hidden in the base), are loud, and don't move any more air than a $20 fan.

superstargoddess

mmeyers13 wrote:Thats what I'm talking about!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, it's a beast!

On a serious note, I still have one question that didn't get answered in the last thread:

Is there any way in the "My account" part to save your actual credit card number there instead of XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-last4numbershere?

I guess I could set it up to do that with Last Pass, but wondered if there was any other way to do it without the help of an extension.

So fuhqued up.

Perque

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Perque
dedicateddad wrote:Count me one VERY unhappy long-term wooter.

the recurring 503 errors after getting all the way to the "buy it" button on the Bundle of Crops - and....

Honestly it's put a pretty big dent in my woothusiasm!

This ain't looking too good for Woot!

Damn shame...

I for one have always gotten an error when attempting the Bundle of Crops..I've almost given up on ever getting one. Now however the product that fills the time while I wait to fail has gone down hill, the statement is true 'Damn shame'

jezuzfreek

quality posts: 11 Private Messages jezuzfreek

Ill buy a 20 dollar fan and suffer a little wind buffeting that is not really an issue. I will spend the money I save on something nice.

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
jenandlaw wrote:Any better than what? The Dyson blade dryer is MILES better than this:

In terms of airflow, maybe, but not hygiene. If you have big, or unsteady, hands, you're going to be all up on the Dyson ones. The other kind, it might take awhile, but at least I can use my elbow.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

ccederlof

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ccederlof

I feel that this line of product is designed to be more decorative art than pure function...

superstargoddess

Gatzby wrote:Awww, are you saying you're smitten? We like you too.

I am very smitten with woot! I didn't even complain about the stuck woot lights! Though maybe my happy pills helped with that...

Naaaaah, I'm just smitten!

So fuhqued up.

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys
chefbooyadee wrote:http://www.mitsubishijettowel.com/

Yeah, I remember seeing a video with something like that in Japan. I've not seen any installed here, I bet they cost less and work just as well!

Gizmodo has done a nice comparison of those two. The Jet Towel seems to blow away the Dyson.

nyisless13

quality posts: 6 Private Messages nyisless13
theguruguys wrote:The only Dyson product that I think has the style vs function factor in balance is this awesome Dyson hand dryer. They have them at the local amusement park here and it is one of the few hand dryers that actually dry.

Sadly, at it's $1500 price tag I doubt we will see them installed at many places. There are other hand dryers which do a decent job, like those Excel Dryer ones you see a lot now, but the Dyson actually works better.

Surprisingly, they installed a bunch of these at the ghetto-ass mall I live near... I was pretty blown away when I discovered that (pun intended).

I was almost as blown away by how un-blown away their functionality left me. They are better than your average forced-air hand dryer, but some of the newer tech dryers (such as the powerful "XLerators" found at places like Target) do a better job IMO and probably cost far less than the Airblade... a recurring theme when it comes to Dyson products.

superstargoddess

xcapone wrote:What an awesome last 24 hours here, popped my woot cherry (though I've been lurking for quite some time, I never actually bought anything) on a screaming monkey, managed to acquire a Bindle o' Carrots, and got a my first quality post. I feel accomplished.

That's more than some of us have done in years! Welcome to woot, glad your cherry popped! You know you will be wanting to woot all the time now right?

I want to woot 3 times a day... oh wait.

So fuhqued up.

terry0198

quality posts: 1 Private Messages terry0198

The revolutionary design and price assert it's the Apple of fans - an "iFan". But does thing really blow air? How noisy is it?..

mr2gts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mr2gts

i'd pick up 3 if it was an Apple product

-LEiGH-

superstargoddess

The only thing I have to say about that is I LOOOOOOOVE PONIES?

So fuhqued up.

jenandlaw

xcapone wrote:What an awesome last 24 hours here, popped my woot cherry (though I've been lurking for quite some time, I never actually bought anything) on a screaming monkey, managed to acquire a Bindle o' Carrots, and got a my first quality post. I feel accomplished.

Two things about the B-Oh-C.

1) I've yet to hear an explanation about why Utah gets the lion's share of bags almost every time.

2) Like the guy above, I got my first one easy. Ever since, I get to the order page and it NEVER goes through, even though I click the buy button the very second it's loaded. Perhaps Woot has preferential treatment for those who have never scored one before? Kinda like a drug dealer, the first hit's free?

mikepainter

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikepainter

How many amps does it draw?
I replaced a friend's fancy fan with an air conditioner because the air conditioner only drew a little more current than the fan.

nolimit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nolimit
jenandlaw wrote:Two things about the B-Oh-C.

1) I've yet to hear an explanation about why Utah gets the lion's share of bags almost every time.

2) Like the guy above, I got my first one easy. Ever since, I get to the order page and it NEVER goes through, even though I click the buy button the very second it's loaded. Perhaps Woot has preferential treatment for those who have never scored one before? Kinda like a drug dealer, the first hit's free?

It's funny how much people cry about not getting a Bundle of Crops.. get over it, it's not the end of the world.

superstargoddess

Aww, I think most of the wooters left. See you in 22 hours or so when the next woot item comes up!

So fuhqued up.

NewMaster

quality posts: 16 Private Messages NewMaster
jenandlaw wrote:Any better than what? The Dyson blade dryer is MILES better than this:

Not in my opinion. I've used the Dyson hand dryers. You either have to move your hands very slowly through the "blade" of air, or run your hands through more than once. It's a gimmick, and a very expensive one at that. I do like the way it looks though, unlike Dyson's hideously ugly vacuums.

bmrbill

quality posts: 134 Private Messages bmrbill
superstargoddess wrote:I am very smitten with woot! I didn't even complain about the stuck woot lights! Though maybe my happy pills helped with that...

Naaaaah, I'm just smitten!

Smitten here too! :P

jenandlaw

nolimit wrote:It's funny how much people cry about not getting a Bundle of Crops.. get over it, it's not the end of the world.

I'm not crying. Just wondering about two things that seem to be legitimate quirks. Sheesh. Why don't you get some sleep.

xcapone

superstargoddess wrote:That's more than some of us have done in years! Welcome to woot, glad your cherry popped! You know you will be wanting to woot all the time now right?

I want to woot 3 times a day... oh wait.

Why thank you! I wish I could woot 3 times a day lol.

zeke7

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zeke7

How can you measure a bladeless blade? Hmmmmmm....

space0matic

quality posts: 4 Private Messages space0matic
space0matic wrote:It's on YOUR website, WOOT.
I, and many others, wasted an HOUR for this item and many others on today's WOOT.

WORST WOOT EVER.
You've jumped the Shark.
-Loyal member since 2007- and only 1 Basket of Crabs (the 14+percent) who is a frequent buyer of other WOOT products, even during non-WOOT-OFF's.
Yet, this is the only WOOT-OFF that I stayed up for the whole time- no sleep.
502 502 502 502, over and over again. The worst part was when I clicked "everything OK for my order (for Bundle of Carrots). Clicked the gold button- gave me a conformation page, and when I checked my purchase order account, it wasn't there. The old bait & switch.
A mistake here and there we understand; but this WOOT-OFF was one disaster after another.
What a total failure, WOOT. You've SOLD OUT.

little gray dude

xcapone

jenandlaw wrote:Two things about the B-Oh-C.

Well it was no easy task, I fought what I think were 503's the whole time, and didn't even know I got one till about 15 minutes or so after the fact. In the end my persistence payed off.

bmrbill

quality posts: 134 Private Messages bmrbill

3.67 out of 5 stars. Lots of reviews here.