nevillem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nevillem
ajthekj wrote:Havent heard a word of shipping or when it was supposed to arrive.....NO PHONE SUPPORT>?????? NO EMAIL advising of shipping or not????? What's that about?????

I'm starting to wonder myself if this is going to ship or not... hello? woot? Can we get an update?

bck09

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bck09

when are they going to ship this thing?

bck09

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bck09
nevillem wrote:I'm starting to wonder myself if this is going to ship or not... hello? woot? Can we get an update?

have you ever bought from them before

abkennedy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abkennedy

My first computer had dual 3.5" floppies, so you should marvel at technology...

SevenStarSonata wrote:My first laptop, back in 2005, had a 60 GB hard drive. I'm not sure whether to marvel at technology or feel very, very old.

Either way, this is a kickass deal.

ssittser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ssittser
abkennedy wrote:My first computer had dual 3.5" floppies, so you should marvel at technology...

My first computer: no drives. If you turned off the power, you had to re-type in the program using the keypad.

Second computer: Cassette tape drive. I later upgraded to a 5.25" floppy.

Third computer: 3.5" floppy. I later upgraded to a 20M hard drive.

I think there may have been one more in there before I eventually had something with a drive size measured in gigabytes.

SevenStarSonata wrote:I'm not sure whether to marvel at technology or feel very, very old.

I'm planning to do both.

jnevil

quality posts: 967 Private Messages jnevil

**Shipping Update**

Centon DataStick Sport 64GB Waterproof USB Drive has completely shipped via FEDEX SMART POST. All tracking will be emailed tomorrow morning to members who purchased this item. If you would like to find your tracking information sooner, please click the following link and use your ORDER NUMBER as the reference number.

FEDEX TRACKING

frankws

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frankws
jnevil wrote:**Shipping Update**

Centon DataStick Sport 64GB Waterproof USB Drive has completely shipped via FEDEX SMART POST. All tracking will be emailed tomorrow morning to members who purchased this item. If you would like to find your tracking information sooner, please click the following link and use your ORDER NUMBER as the reference number.

FEDEX TRACKING

Yea right, thanks. Can't you be honest? My order said it shipped days ago and FedX says it only got shipping information. You make it look like you shipped 3 days ago. I would have had it by now. Shame on you. LIE LIE LIE
It's tomorrow and I got no email from you. Another lie. Woot, what is happening to you?

PhantomShots

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PhantomShots

Ordered a week ago and FedEx has yet to get the item in there system. This did NOT leave for anywhere. When will we see our products?

mgroberson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mgroberson
textunclear wrote:I've always wanted to go swimming with a pocket full of media. This is a dream come true! Now if I can just find a waterproof computer....

too funny

jnevil

quality posts: 967 Private Messages jnevil

rhruz3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rhruz3

Wow, my first woot. Very disappointed to see how VERY slow their shipping is. Two weeks is way to long!!!

mwmcd11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwmcd11

I guess since Woot got bought out, they no longer have to give good service. 10Days to deliver when I'm staight down the interstate in Houston is rediculous. Parcel post is 2days here.

This will be the last Woot purchase, never again.

gwencarls19028

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwencarls19028

hi folks....

miked1541

quality posts: 0 Private Messages miked1541

I received my drive today in a bubble-padded envelop. Inside was just the drive and no packaging. I thought that this was supposed to be a new drive...or is this how the drive is sold retail, without packaging?

Darksoul13

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Darksoul13
jnevil wrote:**Shipping Update**

FEDEX TRACKING

10+ Days, not 5 Days or less turn around. This is unacceptable. If shipping cost is such an issue why not have Prime members link their account since your a owned by Amazon? Sending your orders via "horseback" isn't cutting it.

Silly Rabbit......

Slimenstra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Slimenstra

I ordered the air mattress the day after this drive. It came yesterday.

K9itty

quality posts: 1 Private Messages K9itty

I just received my order for these and I also received them in a bubble mailer with no packaging. I wouldn't have purchased them if I knew they had no packaging. The description said new and lists the contents "in the box." I'm going to return these.

branbaby369

quality posts: 0 Private Messages branbaby369

Ordered mine on 9/23....it says the estimated receipt date is 10/8. Fedex din't even receive it until 10/2. That's pathetic. I could have ordered it from an asian country for less and received it around the same time.

loretd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages loretd

I have not recieved my 64GB USB drive it has been over two weeks. loretd

Darksoul13

Amazon ships faster than this and they own Woot!

Guess it was not a full acquisition.

Silly Rabbit......

rosenblg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rosenblg

13 days and counting, still "in transit". I could have walked to Texas and back already. Guess the truck got a flat tire. Sigh.

laugust

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laugust

So far, I am disappointed with my purchase of the Centon 64gb flash drive. I have no idea if the product is any good because it still has not arrived. I ordered it on 9/23. It didn't get shipped until 9/27. It then arrived at DedEx on 10/1 - 4 days just to arrive at FedEx!!! What's up with that??? If it shipped on 8/27, shouldn't it have arrived at FedEx on 9/27? Currently, it is schedule to be delivered on 10/8. I paid $5 for shipping. What a rip-off. It weighs only 1.6 ounces. They could have stuffed it in an envelope and stuck a 1st class stamp on it. I would have had in in a couple of days. Seriously Woot - review and improve your shipping policies if you want to keep me as a customer.

mcardletopher

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcardletopher

Got mine last night. DOA. Lights on, but nobody home. Bummer.

K9itty

quality posts: 1 Private Messages K9itty
laugust wrote:So far, I am disappointed with my purchase of the Centon 64gb flash drive. I have no idea if the product is any good because it still has not arrived. I ordered it on 9/23. It didn't get shipped until 9/27. It then arrived at DedEx on 10/1 - 4 days just to arrive at FedEx!!! What's up with that??? If it shipped on 8/27, shouldn't it have arrived at FedEx on 9/27? Currently, it is schedule to be delivered on 10/8. I paid $5 for shipping. What a rip-off. It weighs only 1.6 ounces. They could have stuffed it in an envelope and stuck a 1st class stamp on it. I would have had in in a couple of days. Seriously Woot - review and improve your shipping policies if you want to keep me as a customer.

You can't track a first class stamp and honestly Woot shipping takes a long time that's why they have a picture of a snail. Not sure why so many people are complaining when they know ahead of time it will take forever.

branbaby369

quality posts: 0 Private Messages branbaby369
K9itty wrote:You can't track a first class stamp and honestly Woot shipping takes a long time that's why they have a picture of a snail. Not sure why so many people are complaining when they know ahead of time it will take forever.

This is a bit more than slow shipping. They keep pushing back the dates. My estimated delivery date was pushed back another 3 days today to be 10/11. It took the shipper 9 days to even ship it.

Shroud

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shroud

Got mine today. It came in a bubble mailer like the others have said. No box/packaging, but it works just fine.

A note that you should be aware of, this thumb drive comes formatted in NTFS. If you are using a MAC it will not read the NTFS format. The same is true for the Sony PS3 so if you are thinking it's DOA you should try plugging it into a computer with Windows XP/Vista/7 on it.

You can reformat the drive into FAT32 for use on a MAC/PS3 however you will have to do that from the DOS prompt with the "large drive support" switch:

format h: /FS:FAT32

rdevous

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rdevous

I got mine yesterday in a white bubble envelope. It was dusty and not in the "as delivered from factory new impossible to open hermetically sealed clear plastic cover" with the ring and caribiner (SP) belt clip as shown elsewhere on the web. Not as expected from Woot.com....or am I just learning?

paganbabe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paganbabe

Mine arrived yesterday. They (ordered 2) were in white bubble wrap envelope, no further packaging, no accessories or paperwork included. I inserted one and lo and behold, my computer only finds 60GB with no files on the drive. My other flash drives show full capacity as labeled. Is this to be expected?

Darksoul13

Great, they just moved the delivery to the 11th. 15 Business days or actually 3 long weeks!!!!!!!!

Silly Rabbit......

kaedryl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaedryl

Got mine today - bare drive in white bubble mailer. No receipt or shipping papers. Plugged in and seems to work, but only 60GB no matter what I do.

Woot owes me 4GB - and even doing the adjustment for 1024b, it should still be 62.4GB.

madlemming

quality posts: 0 Private Messages madlemming

To those wondering about capacity; here's the compensation for drive-manufacturer inflation:

Advertized Capacity: 64 billion bytes 64000000000
Reduced to KB (1024 bytes) 62500000
Reduced to MB (1024 KB) 61035.16
Reduced to GB (1024 MB) 59.60

Minimum Capacity that should be reported by windows: 59.6GB

Naturally I haven gotten mine yet, so I can't say what they actually are. These took a long time to ship.

yardstik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yardstik

Got mine 2 days ago and it is DOA. Emailed Woot but no response yet. I tried it in all my machines and nothing! I dont know when Amazon bought Woot but the service is surely suffering as of late. There are plenty of other "Daily Deal" site out there to look to.. .

scbrok

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scbrok

I am still waiting for this to ship. I am thinking of cancelling the payment. When is it going to ship out, this is ridiculous.

Stephen Brokmeyer

prestonmc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages prestonmc

So is there any staff that is going to reply with the status of why the FEDEX still has no location other then TX? I've bought a bunch of thing from WOOT and usually the items come in faster then expected. Just want to make sure that this latest one is still coming in. thanks in advance

DennisWKam

quality posts: 22 Private Messages DennisWKam

Staff

scbrok wrote:I am still waiting for this to ship. I am thinking of cancelling the payment. When is it going to ship out, this is ridiculous.

prestonmc wrote:So is there any staff that is going to reply with the status of why the FEDEX still has no location other then TX? I've bought a bunch of thing from WOOT and usually the items come in faster then expected. Just want to make sure that this latest one is still coming in. thanks in advance

Aw man, it looks like your orders were lost. I'm sending you both PMs with options.

jsylvanus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsylvanus

I think mine fell into an abyss in Georgia somewhere... (edit: it's aliiiive! Hooray!)

rolandzamora

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rolandzamora

havent got mine yet... booo woot!!!

so do i get my $$ back

detox07

quality posts: 0 Private Messages detox07

I've been waiting since September 23rd, I have not received my flash drive. FedEx first said it would be delivered on the 11th, the first time I looked at it, now it's saying the 15th. What is taking so long.

garyhgaryh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages garyhgaryh

So I finally got mine and I noticed it's on sale again at deals.woot.

So I decided to test it today.

I copied a 4.3G file to the usb stick and it started off at
a decent 30Mb/Sec, but it slowly got slower and slower until it
was at 13.9Mb/Sec at the end of the copy.

Not bad for $55.

BTW, I got a 250GB drive at office depot for $29 about two years ago and I'm happy with this 64GB purchase.. although if it was a 64GB SDcard or microsd card, I would have been a better deal at that price .

update: when I copy 116 files, the xfer speed is between 7-8Mb/Sec.

cart815

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cart815

This is driving me crazy... I have brought several items from WOOT... I LOVE WOOT! But I have been waiting for the Flash Drive to show over two weeks now pass the shipoping date. I need help. What happens when you don't recieve your package? Woot! Help me please.