jerrryy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerrryy

Not a fan of rawhide- Especially if your dog is a glutton (most are)what happens is the dog will chew and chew and chew getting a large part soft then try to swallow it, the hard part follows and choking happens-
NEVER leave your dog alone with rawhide, especially beagles who are glupers- While Im here, if you own a scent hound never give them a cedar lined or filled bed- it blocks their ability to smell. Totally reversable by removing the source (the cedar).

jiggersgreen

quality posts: 36 Private Messages jiggersgreen

Can you upgrade to Honeycomb 3.0?

MichaelSF

quality posts: 92 Private Messages MichaelSF
radrico wrote:These dont look like they'd taste good to me.

I have two Dachshunds. One time I was walking one and a rat dashed across the sidewalk. True to his heritage Tuffy grabbed the rat, shook the life out of it, chewed the lifeless carcass about five times and down the hatch it went.

In comport with your comment, that rat did not look like it would taste good to me.

sdc100

quality posts: 504 Private Messages sdc100
NewMaster wrote:Pass. I give my dog real bones. It's cheaper and healthier.

And more dangerous. Real bones chip more easily and they spoil without refrigeration, harboring bacteria in the marrow.

ienvyno1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ienvyno1

Ohhhhh Nooooo. Now my wife will have something to snack on. Hope she doesn't read this or I'll be in the Doghouse. Woof Woof Woooooot !!!

MichaelSF

quality posts: 92 Private Messages MichaelSF
jerrryy wrote:Not a fan of rawhide- Especially if your dog is a glutton (most are)what happens is the dog will chew and chew and chew getting a large part soft then try to swallow it, the hard part follows and choking happens-
NEVER leave your dog alone with rawhide, especially beagles who are glupers- While Im here, if you own a scent hound never give them a cedar lined or filled bed- it blocks their ability to smell. Totally reversable by removing the source (the cedar).

Absolutely. I was at the pet store buying small treats for my dogs. I won't buy hides, pig ears and other stuff like that, because of what you say, the choking danger.

I struck up a converstation with the clerk and he too will not give his dogs hides and whatnot. He said that customers have come in and complained that their dogs have choked to death because they did not chew the hide completely.

I give my dogs little treats that they can crumble or break down with one chew.

Here is a good article on the dangers of hide treats, such as bully sticks.

http://www.k911.biz/Petsafety/RawhideandChewyTreats.htm

jsdigital

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsdigital

Why is there a mothereffing disclaimer, saying you should supervise your pets? In case you haven't noticed, WOOT "TEAM", I'm not a pet, and I'm still buying this. Who are you to imply that this isn't for human consumption. I swear I will get ALL GLORIA ALDRED on your ass, you bigots.

Denimbear

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Denimbear
molecularchristine wrote:Don't you get three packages on woot for the price of one package there?

Yes here on woot you get THREE 21 ct. pkgs. compared to the one on amazon for the same price . if not cheaper.

Never Take for Granted what God Has given you so Freely , for tomorrow it maybe gone

Denimbear

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Denimbear
sixdolla wrote:Apparently these taste just like chicken. But not because Dingo taste like chicken but because chicken oddly enough taste like Dingo. Mind blowing, right?

And you would know this How?? Sounds Scary lol

Never Take for Granted what God Has given you so Freely , for tomorrow it maybe gone

funnywontons

quality posts: 3 Private Messages funnywontons
drrtydan wrote:Made in China means it will probably have lead in it.

wow. I am offend.

mrawr?

iheartrats

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iheartrats

My Pomeranian loves them! The mini ones are the perfect size.

julielynnd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages julielynnd
teeem wrote:"dingo meat" ? ? ?

a dingo ate my baby... and then my dog ate a dingo original rawhide bone. Karma's a real *it#%

LittleFoxx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LittleFoxx
sdc100 wrote:And more dangerous. Real bones chip more easily and they spoil without refrigeration, harboring bacteria in the marrow.

Actually real bones don't chip at all if they are raw. They don't splinter either. Raw bones are 100% edible and digestible by canines. The only bones you should avoid are cooked bones and weight-bearing bones because they are too hard and their teeth can get worn down.
As far as the bacteria, canines stomach acid is around 1-2PH which is like .5% hydrochloric acid. Their digestive tract is very short. Any bacteria that is in the stomach will be destroyed or will pass before it has the chance to become a problem.

From 5wk old puppies to our 14yr dog, they have all eaten raw/bones and they have always benefited from it.

ddegroat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ddegroat

The little furry canine loves these. At twelve--going on thirteen--I make sure that she has the things she loves. I pay $12.99 per pack at the grocery for the mini size. This is a sweet deal.

theherbshack

quality posts: 7 Private Messages theherbshack
darryllee9 wrote:my dog turns from a sweet little dog to a snarling rabies infected devil if you get close to him when he has one of these.

Sorry if someone else posted this, but your dog has dominance over you, and you should look into this asap.

lunarhuntress

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lunarhuntress

These are my dogs absolute favorite treat in the whole world (and she's very picky for a dog), and they're not cheap in store, this is a very good deal, in for 3 to stock up.

rbradle1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rbradle1

i am up at 4 am owing to my dog pooping in the house an hour ago. choking hazard? in for 3!

dawgdave99

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dawgdave99

Woof! Can't wait to try these - in for 3! Hope my master won't be mad that I used his debit card.

dawgdave99

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dawgdave99
LittleFoxx wrote:Actually real bones don't chip at all if they are raw. They don't splinter either.

Chicken bones do. My stomach still hurts sometimes from that unfortunate incident with the bucket of leftover KFC in the neighbor's trash.

fuzzycorgi

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fuzzycorgi

Rawhide is a non-digestable product. If it takes your dog less than 4 hours to consume a rawhide treat PLEASE DON'T GIVE IT TO THE DOG. You are risking a choking or bloat problem. The 'knotted' rawhides (such as these) are especially dangerous in any size. With a small amount of chewing the bone can easily fit in the dogs mouth and many dogs will swallow the soggy mass and choke or, if the mass reaches the digestive tract it can become lodged and surgery is necessary to reduce the bloat.

The only rawhide bone my dog is allowed to have is a pressed rawhide that takes her at least 2 weeks of chewing to get half way done. As soon as the whole thing can potentially fit into her mouth, it is thrown away, much to her dipleasure. Mostly the beast gets Gumabones (Souper size) for her chewing pleasure, even though she is a 10" tall dog. Yep, the beast would definately be considered a super chewer.

On a final note, the dye they put in these rawhides WILL stain carpet. These bones just aren't worth the risk.

Syndil

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Syndil

Meat in the middle?

Make your own jokes, I guess.

mbus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mbus

I'd been told by our Vet to avoid these from an animal health standpoint. Rawhide + saliva = breeding ground for bacteria.
Hard plastic bones much better for the dog.

sdanrich

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sdanrich

NOT MADE IN USA.

roadhunter

quality posts: 14 Private Messages roadhunter

$15 for 27 oz worth of dog bones is NOT a bargain.

roadhunter

fuzzycorgi wrote:Rawhide is a non-digestable product. If it takes your dog less than 4 hours to consume a rawhide treat PLEASE DON'T GIVE IT TO THE DOG. You are risking a choking or bloat problem. The 'knotted' rawhides (such as these) are especially dangerous in any size. With a small amount of chewing the bone can easily fit in the dogs mouth and many dogs will swallow the soggy mass and choke

A dog can't choke on something it swallows. Choking occurs when something goes down the windpipe.

ginbak

quality posts: 10 Private Messages ginbak

Yay! Dog stuff!

Unfortunately, these are too small for my catahoula (see tasteful avatar photo) and I'm not a fan of rawhide.

But I'm for a Woof! Woot!, yeah! I spend WAY too much money on my dog.

roadhunter

Perhaps a definition of "choking" will help everyone.

Choking is the mechanical obstruction of the flow of air from the environment into the lungs. Choking prevents breathing, and can be partial or complete, with partial choking allowing some, although inadequate, flow of air into the lungs. Prolonged or complete choking results in asphyxia which leads to anoxia and is potentially fatal. Oxygen stored in the blood and lungs keep the victim alive for several minutes after breathing is stopped completely.[1]

Choking can be caused by:

Physical obstruction of the airway by a foreign body.
Respiratory diseases that involve obstruction of the airway.
Compression of the laryngopharynx, larynx or vertebrate trachea in strangulation.

Ruger9mm

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Ruger9mm

This deal gives me the blues.
http://youtu.be/Y_KtQ1BqfHM

defective

quality posts: 0 Private Messages defective
dawgdave99 wrote:Chicken bones do. My stomach still hurts sometimes from that unfortunate incident with the bucket of leftover KFC in the neighbor's trash.

You should really tell your neighbors to ask KFC to cook the chicken next time.

intensesupernova

quality posts: 2 Private Messages intensesupernova

As previously said, the risks seem to outweigh the benefits when it comesTo giving rawhides to dogs. Our boxer will never have a rawhide. If they get into her stomach, they can cause bloat which is extremely dangerous for dogs and could easily kill them. We give her raw bones. Never cooked bones because cooked ones splinter. A raw bone lasts months and she loves them. We have never had a problem with bacteria or her getting sick from the raw bone.our neighbor was trying to be nice and tried to give her a rawhide, luckily she turned her nose up at it. Rawhide is disgusting and dangerous.

hall9792

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hall9792

Where are they made?

I do not put anything in my dog's mouth that is made in China. Some chews from China have formaldehyde as an unlisted preservative.

Holic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Holic

In for 3!! You just made an english bull terrier and a toy beagle insanely happy.

sawbones84

quality posts: 7 Private Messages sawbones84

pets.woot.com?

LKT

quality posts: 3 Private Messages LKT

At this price, I don't care if they are made of vagrant flavored Soylent Green. In for 3!

chris32

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chris32

PLEASE be careful if you buy these for your dog, regardless of size. One of my Bichons choked on a piece of this rawhide, and if I hadn't been watching.....well, I hate to think of the outcome. Find something safe for your dog to gnaw on. These bones are dangerous.

pentiumjen

quality posts: 13 Private Messages pentiumjen

Thanks Woot! You've made my herd of jack russell terrorists very happy. In for 3.

badcatstl

quality posts: 6 Private Messages badcatstl
Sidda23 wrote:According to the website, the rawhide treats ARE NOT a product of the USA. Buyer beware.

"Thank you for contacting Dingo. The only Dingo products made in the U.S. are all of the soft and chewy treats. Our rawhide treats are not made here."

Thanks. After the pet food from China killing cats and dogs I'm not buying anything for my animals from anywhere other than the US.

Rupert B. Puppenstein

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Rupert B. Puppenstein

I wouldn't ever buy the mini ones - even if you have one of those miniature dogs. Granted, I have had cats eat those before so if you don't have a dog, maybe that is an option. They are too small for most dogs and it is never a good thing for them to swallow these whole (plus it negates the whole cleaning teeth claim). The deal is okay, but you can get cases of these on the Dingo site for free shipping that end up being a little bit cheaper. I would be more excited if they had sterilized bones as the Woot today. Not really excited about this one. It would be better for a Woot Off.

commodog

quality posts: 4 Private Messages commodog

"Maybe the dingo ate your baby"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghCTZF61ey0

mhodges

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mhodges
Narfcake wrote:A lightweight at 110#. Had her checked out when I adopted her last year, but the vet said she's healthy.

My sister has a male ... he weighs 160#.

I have a Newfoundland that weighs in at 150lbs. She would probably want the minis served in a bowl of milk, and maybe some bananas cut up in it, then sprinkled with sugar...