llandar

quality posts: 32 Private Messages llandar
klozitshoper wrote:@llandar: you are indeed correct. Geesh, I did not believe it and did a search. That means that the mink coat I had in my younger years was actually a hair coat instead of a fur coat. I feel cheated. Who knew.

To be fair to whoever sold it to you, "Hair coat" sounds absolutely disgusting.

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
llandar wrote:To be fair to whoever sold it to you, "Hair coat" sounds absolutely disgusting.

I shall go on a national campaign to change the name of furriers to hairiers!

SBCJester21

quality posts: 9 Private Messages SBCJester21
klozitshoper wrote:I shall go on a national campaign to change the name of furriers to hairiers!

That means that "Furries" should change their name to "Hairies"... and actually, that's probably an apt description most of the time....

aaronwooster

quality posts: 9 Private Messages aaronwooster

Every dog I've ever owned has been a mixed-breed mutt of largely unknown provenance, so I just make up breed names if people ask. Currently, we have an English Pitador.

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
aaronwooster wrote:Every dog I've ever owned has been a mixed-breed mutt of largely unknown provenance, so I just make up breed names if people ask. Currently, we have an English Pitador.

That has a very classy sound to it.

lorracs

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lorracs
aaronwooster wrote:Every dog I've ever owned has been a mixed-breed mutt of largely unknown provenance, so I just make up breed names if people ask. Currently, we have an English Pitador.

I own a SharPitador myself. Sometimes if I'm in a snooty neighborhood, I don't call him a mutt, he's a "blend".

lrvman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lrvman

Pugs are NOT the #1 stupid dog! My vote would be for the Pit Bull.

Luxasia

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Luxasia
lrvman wrote:Pugs are NOT the #1 stupid dog! My vote would be for the Pit Bull.

No way. I have owned and bred several pit bulls and they are some of the brightest, not mention sweetest, dogs I have ever owned. The mistake most people make with a pit and many dogs in general, is not knowing how to train them and not keeping them motivated and stimulated. If you let a bright dog sit around and do nothing all the time they will never live up to their portential. The saying a mind is a terrible thing to waste is true even of animals

Do not follow me, I walk into walls!

martywme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages martywme

Stupid video. Just poop on everything why don't you? The video was just mean, and not funny.

matthew

quality posts: 20 Private Messages matthew
martywme wrote:Just poop on everything why don't you?

Ah, you're the MARLEY & ME guy, I suppose? You tried to disguise it, but your username gives it away! Sorry if it hurt your feelings.

martywme

matthew wrote:Ah, you're the MARLEY & ME guy, I suppose? You tried to disguise it, but your username gives it away! Sorry if it hurt your feelings.

Nope, you guessed wrong, I just think dogs can do funnier stupider things than what the video displayed. The video was not funny, just mean.

I would never own a Lab - can't take the food stealing, trash diving.

matthew

quality posts: 20 Private Messages matthew
martywme wrote:Nope, you guessed wrong

Too late, I'm on to you. So what did you think of Owen Wilson's portrayal of you in the movie? Was it weird to see Hollywood celebrities acting out your life experiences?

martywme

matthew wrote:Too late, I'm on to you. So what did you think of Owen Wilson's portrayal of you in the movie? Was it weird to see Hollywood celebrities acting out your life experiences?

Yup, you are definitely a cat. Probably high on catnip. Any dog with any brains could tell I am really Rin Tin Tin.

dbeaty1968

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dbeaty1968
codex wrote:I think you're missing the points, here. First of all, it's not that pugs themselves are stupid (as in unintelligent), but that their very existence is stupid (as in, who in their right mind would breed such a dog?). I have to agree wholeheartedly. Secondly, it's not that (the existence of) mixed breeds (as in mutts) are stupid, it's that deliberately creating boutique mixed breeds and giving them cutesy portmanteau names is stupid. What the heck is wrong with calling your dog a "lab-poodle mix" and leaving it at that?

Because you can charge a lot of money for something called a Labradoodle. A Lab-Poodle mix is just a mut.

maejunkmail

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maejunkmail

Pugs not Drugs!

mrog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrog
zingriffy wrote:Just watched your podcast and loved it. I felt a little bad when it mentioned that Bichon Frise since my sister has that breed. But all things considered, your podcast was dead on. I don't know how any can say with a straight face, I have a labradoodle (or cockapoo). The things we do to our best friends...

I have two bichons frises. I don't care for the breed's name so much, but the dogs themselves are wonderful. You have to be careful about the source of bichons, though. If you get them from a good breeder, you'll be happy with them. But there are a lot of ignorant breeders out there who produce bichon puppies with poor dispositions or genetic defects that will be fatal later in life.

I got my bichons frises from a breeder who specializes in show dogs. The puppies weren't good enough for the show circuit, but they are still excellent dogs and make great pets. They get along with our young kids very well.

lilgirlie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilgirlie
klozitshoper wrote:Because you can charge $500 to $1000 for the "designer dogs" we used to call mutts.

Totally agree! Meanwhile you can get the same thing at the pound for 50 bucks!