cwfullerton21043

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwfullerton21043
zxinfinity wrote:Can we please move this and future Dyson vacuums to dyson.woot.com?

+1+1+1+1+1!

jnissico

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jnissico

oooOOOOOooooo, Secret page????

The Great Garu

Nodwick

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Nodwick

Yeah, the Apple of vacuums, indeed.

I really hate when companies claim to have "re-invented" something when they've just repackaged or re-arranged an existing product's design without a whole lot of additional value and then get some Steve Jobs stand-in to promote it as if it were a breakthrough in mankind's quest to reach the stars.

This is especially true of those "air multiplier" fans they came out with. Calling them "bladeless" is like calling William Monster A-Go Go (1965) (edit: When did Wil- er, the guy who played Captain James Tiberius Kirk get put on the filtration list?) "slender" when he's wearing a corset; just because it's hidden doesn't entitle one to claim it's not there. And "air multiplier" is such a backhanded way to call your customers unintelligent if I've ever seen one. I wonder if any of them are concerned that they're causing too much air to exist by running their bladed bladeless fans?

tartanknickers

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tartanknickers

The wand does remove from the hose.

Yoooder wrote:I got one of these last time around:

Pros:
- Works very well, within it's limitations (see cons)
- Great dirt disposal system
- Hose is long enough to handle going up a full floor of stairs
- No issues on regular carpet or bare floors. Gets lots of dirt out of both
- Fairly quiet when in-use

Cons:
- Hose has a ~3-foot wand which is not removable--not great for nooks and crannies; can be quite cumbersome
- Vacuum doesn't fit well under low-clearances
- Between the hose and clearance limitations some areas are quite a nuisance to access
- Vacuum is quite hefty overall,
- Quite noisy if left running and standing up (the vacuum transfers suction to the hose when standing--which can make quite a howl)

catdance

quality posts: 0 Private Messages catdance

At last I've finally gone for the Woot-Off Dyson!

easyenough

quality posts: 1 Private Messages easyenough

Bought this from Woot several weeks ago and have been running it next to a canister Hoover I've been happy with for probably ten years. The dyson sucks much more. In the good way. It's also much quieter, somehow.

A few notes:
Hidden in the manual in a footnote or sidebar was something saying not to use it with a lot of super fine dust, specifically drywall dust, which happens to be exactly what I have a lot of. This was disappointing, but it seems can be coped with by disassembling and washing.

Also, there's a warning sent in the package that the refurbished ones have an abraded waste canister and are not transparent. Presumably this happens after you use it for a while anyway, but it's one of the more obvious indications that "refurbished" means "used." The rest of the machine was in excellent condition and looked "like new." They must replace several bits.

All in all, very happy with it.

Yoooder

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Yoooder
nwmyers wrote:The wand is quite removable in mine if you only want the hose part. You just press the two little yellow buttons on either side of the wand-hose attachment point and the wand detachs.

!!! I'll have to try this, I'd thought the buttons were an all-or-nothing

eldiablohijo

quality posts: 35 Private Messages eldiablohijo

dionysus1971

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dionysus1971

Wootoff Killah!

nwmyers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nwmyers
Yoooder wrote:!!! I'll have to try this, I'd thought the buttons were an all-or-nothing

Check out page 8

http://www.totalvac.com/manuals/DC14-vacuum-manual.pdf

wizeguy6

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wizeguy6

I do NOT like it when secrets are kept from me...

Time you waterboard you ingrates.

Nodwick

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Nodwick
easyenough wrote:Presumably this happens after you use it for a while anyway, but it's one of the more obvious indications that "refurbished" means "used."

A while ago, when looking at vacs at Sears, the salesperson told me horror stories about vacuums they'd have returned. Some people will look for a place with an unconditional return guarantee, buy a vac, then try to clean a decade of pet hair and janitorial neglect from a house in one go, returning the "defective" vacuum for a refund with a burnt-out motor and enough biomass clogging the innards to go start life on another planet.

drunkenalien

quality posts: 46 Private Messages drunkenalien

This has got to be a deal... The pretend toy is just $40 less... and its fake!!

Dyson DC14 Pretend Play Toy Vacuum Cleaner for Children

shelladair

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shelladair

Thanks for the answer about the side-blowing!

Every time I see one of these, I get a little more tempted... Still hoping for a handheld, though. Or maybe a ball Dyson in purple.

friartek

quality posts: 15 Private Messages friartek
goatherdered wrote:What is this secret page you talk about?

Not sure it was such a secret. It was on deals.woot with a woot.com URL.

The only items with unique IDs that I know of, are the ones over at Moofi(Woot! upside down, kind of a secret, not well advertized). They stay up until they are all sold out. You can go to deals.woot.com and search for moofi. As of today there are only 2 active out of a list of 384 items.

tolerance: a fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward opinions and practices that differ from one's own.
BOC: 4 Including the very last Woot!-off B)C. One of the lucky few.

lnjelinek

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lnjelinek

if you like balls, you might want to consider a different style.

http://www.dyson.com/store/hmc.asp
a list of the entire inventory of dyson vacuums that woot will sell; we all know you buy them off the blackmarket to sell to us woot. when is dyson.woot coming anyways?

claffybob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages claffybob
zxinfinity wrote:Can we please move this and future Dyson vacuums to dyson.woot.com?

I like this idea...

lnjelinek

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lnjelinek
drunkenalien wrote:This has got to be a deal... The pretend toy is just $40 less... and its fake!!

get the real one and have your kid use and and it's child labor. get the toy one and let your kid use it and, because it doesn't clean, it's ok

cbrown7693

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cbrown7693
drunkenalien wrote:This has got to be a deal... The pretend toy is just $40 less... and its fake!!

Spend the extra $40 and get the kids to "play" vacuum with the real one.

chlsdrew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chlsdrew

lets move on...no more vacuums

kettes

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kettes

Next item, please!

jalexan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jalexan

I got one of these when it was on woot a few weeks ago, and it might be the best purchase I've made on woot ever. This thing sucks!

timwes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timwes

I bought this vacuum almost 7 years ago for $500. Still works like a champ (2 dogs and 2 cats). This is a STEAL if you need a quality vacuum.

popegonzo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages popegonzo

Remember that one time woot put up a Dyson? No, not that time. No, not that time. No, not that time. No, not that time. No, not that time. No, not that time. No, not that time. No, not that time. No, not that time. No, not that time. No, not that time. No, not that time. No, not that time. No, not that time. No, not that time.

That time.

Yeah, that was awesome.

azoric

quality posts: 3 Private Messages azoric

Dyson Vacuum cleaners suck... but in this case that's a good thing!

Caution: I like to woot pantsless!

cbrown7693

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cbrown7693

There are either a ton of these or nobody is buying because we all have one from the last 37 times it was on Woot.

jman5552

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jman5552

Bought this from WOOT a couple weeks ago. Runs excellent, and is very versatile. Side note: Be sure to clean the spin brush every other week.

delawhere2006

quality posts: 0 Private Messages delawhere2006

I have a better idea...move all Dysons, Roombas and other vacuums to www.wootsucks.com!

jmfelt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmfelt

Bought this item on the last woot-off. My first Dyson. It's not entirely intuitive to use, but it works great and carries well. The only things I can think of that is a minor con is the vacuum cord always seems to completely unspool when in use. If that is the worst thing about it, I expect our relationship will be a lasting one.

chazman05

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chazman05

BOught this vacuum a few weeks ago on WOOT except I got a blue color. The thing works great, our old cheapy vacuum use to suck up so much carpet fiber etc. This vacuum seems to suck up the hair and dirt and not pull out the carpet fibers. Our living room is wood and the function to turn off the beater bar and vacuum is great, It works so much better then sweeping.

I would totally recommend this if you need a vacuum.

HossDawg97

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HossDawg97

Sell the Roombas there too and call it vacuums.woot.com

mwinkykitty

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mwinkykitty

I bought one of these a few weeks back and I love it so far. I was expecting a jet engine with how powerful it is, but it's actually much quieter than my $40 piece of crap Wal-Mart vacuum cleaner.

sarahstrasza

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sarahstrasza

Have had this vacuum for about a year. LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE it. Dyson you are amazing! Wish I had the money to purchase one for my mom. She needs a higher quality vac, to handle all her animal hair issues!

zeiker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zeiker

Is there an F5 app for iPads?

tenchilee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tenchilee

Received this the other day.. and then I find this deal today. . . .

Your order appears to have been lost in a FedEx facility. Unfortunately, we do not have any of the vacuums remaining in inventory so we have issued you a full refund for the order.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

sssprinkle

quality posts: 17 Private Messages sssprinkle
popegonzo wrote:Remember that one time woot put up a Dyson? No, not that time. No, not that time. No, not that time. No, not that time. No, not that time. No, not that time. No, not that time. No, not that time. No, not that time. No, not that time. No, not that time. No, not that time. No, not that time. No, not that time. No, not that time.

That time.

Yeah, that was awesome.

No, you're thinking about the awesome time last year, not this year...

eldiablohijo

quality posts: 35 Private Messages eldiablohijo

I may have to take an early lunch so I can make sure I have plenty of time to eat and not miss anything.

tkuczynski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tkuczynski

Sigh...not even halfway

nforrest9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nforrest9
Nodwick wrote:Yeah, the Apple of vacuums, indeed.

I feel like Steve Jobs just rolled over in his fresh grave... too soon?

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
nforrest9 wrote:I feel like Steve Jobs just rolled over in his fresh grave... too soon?

It would be but this comment comes up every time, so fair game.

I'm just hanging out, really.