acekoolus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages acekoolus
kitepower wrote:MMORPGs for me. Like Guild Wars.

Agreed!

dzeiger

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dzeiger

Page 3 on a heavy-geek site and no mention yet of Minecraft? How surprising.

And add me to the turn-based strategy camp, I'm getting too old for twitch stuff, and I suspect that even when I was younger, the idea of a "strategy" game that can be determined by a players "Actions per Minute" would have seemed off to me.

More power to the people who like to play them, but if I'm sending a regiment halfway across a continent, I'd like more than 5 seconds to think about what I'm doing.

theyankster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theyankster
rainbowconfetti wrote:or syberia I and II, grim fandango, the sherlock holmes sseries- come on woot!

and myst, crystal key, OH and the new back to the future game!!

-The Yankster

milujite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages milujite
theyankster wrote:Point and click adventure games!!!
Monkey Island FTW!!!

That is my absolute favorite game ever! I'm supposed to be getting it for Christmas from my little brother.

Jubik10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jubik10

rpg. KOTOR 1, Morrowind, Fall Out, games like that to me are awesome.

edit: I forgot Assassin's Creed. Games where your in a sand box environment(GTA too). But mainly I point out Assassin's Creed because I love the history mixed into the game.

garyoa1

quality posts: 11 Private Messages garyoa1
rainbowconfetti wrote:or syberia I and II, grim fandango, the sherlock holmes sseries- come on woot!

Yup. Adventure games need to be re-discovered. They still top my list by a gazillion miles.

(and, yeah, Syberia gets 11 stars out of 10)

If you haven't played a good one... that's kinda sad. No idea what yer missin'!

Wudooeyeno?

meh3884

quality posts: 24 Private Messages meh3884

RPG's - golden sun <3

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

mccowans0223

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mccowans0223

Sports - I'm shocked you folks didn't add this as an option. What're you, 13 years old?

theyankster

garyoa1 wrote:Yup. Adventure games need to be re-discovered. They still top my list by a gazillion miles.

(and, yeah, Syberia gets 11 stars out of 10)

If you haven't played a good one... that's kinda sad. No idea what yer missin'!

there is no such thing as a bad one

-The Yankster

theyankster

milujite wrote:That is my absolute favorite game ever! I'm supposed to be getting it for Christmas from my little brother.

the new one? i loved that one, excelent series

-The Yankster

claudermilk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages claudermilk

Racing. Specifically Gran Turismo. After that, RPGs (pen & paper, or computer)

pmcizhere

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pmcizhere

TPS like Uncharted are great. But I think I prefer FPSRPGs like Deus Ex. Also, I've seen Thi4f while at Square Enix/Eidos in Montreal.

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

pmcizhere

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pmcizhere

TPS like Uncharted are great. But I think I prefer FPSRPGs like Deus Ex. Also, I've seen Thi4f while at Square Enix/Eidos in Montreal.

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

teeje

quality posts: 2 Private Messages teeje

Portal, Portal 2, etc...

~~~~~
First Blue Öyster Cult 2/1/2007
2-many Woots I've forgotten how many.

ninjamoosey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ninjamoosey

All of the above.

Prey

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Prey

Two words...

DARK SOULS

get it, play it... die often.

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward

RPGs. And not the anime style with the big purple eyes, spiky hair and giant swords. D&D style sword and sorcery quests, inspired by Tolkien and R.E. Howard and played on a PC as God intended.

Goblinmoon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Goblinmoon

Course ideal is RPG's with a puzzle or two! Or an adventure game! *she thinks nostalgically back to Gabriel Knight games.

Tiamat114

quality posts: 48 Private Messages Tiamat114
DrunkOnTheWind wrote:I was on the beta test team for Calendra's Cistern, which was arguably one of the all-time greatest FMs ever... Ah...miss that game...

I just played through that one for the first time a month ago. It definitely placed in my top 5 in terms of game play, story, and difficulty. Then again I'm a Ghoster so I always have a challenge. Calendra's made me sad because its a technical fail when you open the chest with the head, he's very loud and tends to put the guards on alert, but it definitely was a fun challenge. I also managed to get my rooftop climber's guild card stamp for that mission too.

I'm currently denied Thief as well, my PC not only had to be taken out of my room since we're putting down hardwood, but the day I had to take it out it wouldn't turn on anyway and kept telling me it failed to overclock when I never overclocked in the first place, so I'll have to figure out how to fix it to get my fix.

punksturt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages punksturt
theyankster wrote:Point and click adventure games!!!
Monkey Island FTW!!!

...insult swordfighting... *sigh*

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 724463074

Kill Woot Box of Cobwebs

Since the worst thing in the world is to deal with crashing servers whilst trying to score a Box of Cobwebs why don't we have a game that would help Woot (aka Amazon with MASSIVE server power) figure out how to make their trash work.
Top prize is free Box of Cobwebs#39;s for life!

Trust me, I can do it.

andrewia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andrewia
mfritz07 wrote:Racing games

OH YEAH! NEED FOR SPEED FOR THE WIN!!!!!

the webmaster of andrewiam.com

Aracos

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Aracos

While I like my share of all games in all the genres listed as options, adventure games, especially the classics are some of my favorites with some classic RTS following right behind.

greenlantern57

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greenlantern57

Bring back Leisure Suit Larry!

Listening to the voices is calming. Except for Fernado, he pushes my buttons.

fait

quality posts: 16 Private Messages fait

Zork FTW!

Kingdom of Loathing never gets old. Or at least, when it does start to get old, the developers do something to make it playable again.

And I don't know how to categorize something as weird & one-off like Katamari. It's nice to see games like that hit once in a while. The originality is appreciated.

Moueska

quality posts: 52 Private Messages Moueska

Fallout is my current obsession, but just prior to that, I was playing Spore.

Also, there's always the "timekill/jewelquest" games but I gave those up when I ran out of time to kill. (Toddlers will do that to ya.)

Chanaluss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chanaluss

Visual Novel. they can tell fantastic stories, and im on my computer too much to read actual books.

BlackCreekBearTRP1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BlackCreekBearTRP1

PONG

PocketBrain

quality posts: 39 Private Messages PocketBrain

FPRTS. Like Battlezone.

Woot Stats
Woots/Qty total: 420 duuude
Notable woot events:
  • Sonic Trivia Quiz 1 runner-up. I got Bupkus!
  • Nov. 17 '06: Bought out Kensington PocketMouse Wireless USB Mouse
Barrels of Cheddar obtained:
  • 11/17/06: 1st
  • 12/25/07, 2nd
  • 7/12/08 3rd (1st "want three.")
  • 12/25/08 4th
  • 05/15/09 5th
  • 9/25/09 6th
  • 2/25/10 7TH
  • 4/28/10 8th
  • 7/12/10 9th (BBOC wootlites)
  • 8/20/10 10th