dbcooper

quality posts: 16 Private Messages dbcooper
withagirllikeme wrote:What are the chances an Ipad 2 will post? Id buy that. I have a HP laptop and its sort of let me down. I feel like macs are just.... a little more reliable.

And that 'feeling' is something Apple has spent millions of marketing dollars to generate in people. My experience is, macs let people down just as often as PCs do, and Apple handhelds and tablets are no more reliable than their android counterparts. The reliability 'feeling' is all marketing genious.

<life>...insert something interesting here...</life>

CypressCustoms

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CypressCustoms
isilveus wrote:So am I the only one who can only see one comment?

yep

aekblade

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aekblade

Got this the last time around for the same price...and I LOVE it!! got it for all the traveling I do and is great on a plane and in the airport. the battery lasts for days. Great deal, def get one!

photobobk

quality posts: 5 Private Messages photobobk

Isn't it about time for an hour or so of t-shirts? This pace is killing me and I can use a lunch break.

Allen Perper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Allen Perper

My wife, a smart gal, told me we needed a tablet. I said "with 5 computers already in the house including 4 laptops, we need a tablet?". She said "yeah, you'll see". I said "For what?" She said "you'll see". I said "Bet you're wrong". She said ".....

Now I see. Bought this from Woot at $399 and use it every day. Instant on. great browsing. Could use more apps for the tablet, but it's getting there. Great for Netflix streaming (you'll have to get a copy of the app outside the Market) with an HD screen and it has an HD out. Only down note is the proprietary charging cable instead of mini-USB. Small deal. buy one....you'll see.

follow those who seek the truth...
be wary of those that say they've found it.

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 8007312
photobobk wrote:Isn't it about time for an hour or so of t-shirts? This pace is killing me and I can use a lunch break.

The hour of Xooms wasn't enough?

sharkraider

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sharkraider
randyhouse wrote:I just got a $150 touchpad...not loving it...

This browser is a pain.
Simple things dont work.

Thinking I might need a android device...

Once there's a better than beta Android OS option for the touchpad (that's all I'm finding thus far) I'll manage w/ Web OS

sharkraider

artpego

quality posts: 2 Private Messages artpego

Ok. I have to admit it... I am a tablet addict. I bought my first few cheapie resistives for under $100 back when tablets were just coming out. I then moved on to gateway items like the Nook and Kindle woot would sneak in here and there... Then, I found woot selling the G Tab... I was well and fully hooked. I bought many, many more G Tabs... for friends, family.. even myself every time they came up. Then I bought the iconia tab... 2 touchpads... 2 samsung 5" wi-fi's from woot... and now they dangle this in front of me... my disease is begging me to commit... I am sooooo close... arrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggggg... must... not... click... nightmares... hoarding.... ahhhhhhhhhh! I give up. In for one (more tablet). Damn you woot. Damn you and your dirty monkeys.

fightinghellfish

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fightinghellfish

Any thoughts on this vs the Asus Eee pad transformer/ It is only $50 more for new and has a plug-in keyboard to make it almost a netbook. I have been seriously considering the Asus, but this price is enticing.

gr8music

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gr8music
sidra wrote:Seriously? There are plenty of women who are perfectly comfortable using Android phones and tablets.

Why hasn't this whole "women can't use technology" thing died out yet?

Actually, my experience is that women work best with Android - they can put that whole "ball of twine" thought process to good use...

dah99

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dah99

Bought this the last time it appeared. I've had hit for a week. More than a little underwhelmed. It might just be the honeycomb OS. My great experience with the HTC inspire led me to go all in on android. I should have been less impulsive. Go to your local best buy and check out the tablets from HTC and Asus.

problems:
Yes the screen smudges a lot. not a big deal really but it has been mentioned a lot.

The screen could be brighter

the power adapter features a overly large brick and plug that is far too tiny and fragile. looks and feels cheap.

My battery life is in no way comparable to my wife's ipad 2. This might be a OS problem though.

The USB port allows you to mount the Xoom as a media player on your computer with the included cable. Not a problem on Windows 7. On a mac it requires you to install a free app. The apprequires Mac OS 10.5 and an intel
processor. No mounting of your xoom on your old G5.

All in all, I guess it is a good price for the 32gb and many of the problems may be recticfied by the next OS release, Ice cream sandwich. But I think I would have been better served by a slightly more expensive Asus Traansformer,

apowell1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages apowell1

I have the Xoom and it's great. I use it at professional meetings for note taking, on airplanes to watch movies I have crunched onto it, and the battery lasts all day. Handier than a Netbook, lighter, and the battery lasts better. I got the Wi-Fi model specifically because I didn't want to spend money on 3G. All the hotels I stay in have wireless, and I added wireless hot spot to my phone. I can also get a 3G connection using PDAnet software and connecting the tablet to my phone.

This price may not be the best in history but it's a good deal. My luck with refurb electronics has been excellent. If you're scared of ti, buy a SquareTrade warranty.

nyberg1283

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nyberg1283
ggrote wrote:Yeah ... if there was one thing I would change in the Xoom, it would be to make it 4:3 ... but that's because I'm more concerned with viewing photos and documents than streaming movies.

Do you also like watching everyhing in standard definition like 320P ??? HD is 16:9 not 4:3...4:3 is what VHS was made of...those times are old and outdated. Deal with it ;) Besides letterbox is sooo much better. Watching movies through an hdmi port on my tv looks amazing...so glad its not 4:3 with black boxes on the sides...

jaymonster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaymonster
fightinghellfish wrote:Any thoughts on this vs the Asus Eee pad transformer/ It is only $50 more for new and has a plug-in keyboard to make it almost a netbook. I have been seriously considering the Asus, but this price is enticing.

The $50 more version only has 16GB of memory.

The keyboard is another $150 dollars.

jdubau55

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdubau55
fightinghellfish wrote:Any thoughts on this vs the Asus Eee pad transformer/ It is only $50 more for new and has a plug-in keyboard to make it almost a netbook. I have been seriously considering the Asus, but this price is enticing.

Transformer seems to get better reviews. However, the Xoom is like the Nexus of tablets. Getting the latest updates first. I like the dock of the Transformer and the fact that it doubles the battery life.

cosens84

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cosens84
nyberg1283 wrote:Do you also like watching everyhing in standard definition like 320P ??? HD is 16:9 not 4:3...4:3 is what VHS was made of...those times are old and outdated. Deal with it ;) Besides letterbox is sooo much better. Watching movies through an hdmi port on my tv looks amazing...so glad its not 4:3 with black boxes on the sides...

I think you are mixing up aspect ratio with resolution. a 16:9 or 16:10 aspect ration does not mean HD. and HD does not necessarily mean a device cannot be 4:3.
Letterbox being better is a matter of preference. If you use your tablet for watching movies a lot, than yes letter box is better. If you use a tablet more for reading, web viewing, or photo viewing, letter box might be worse. It's all up to user preferences, and all user's are not the same.

martyralone

quality posts: 1 Private Messages martyralone
chudney31 wrote:Anyone have any experience or know if this is a good tablet to use a stylus on? I need something to take notes at meetings. I tend to lose my notes.

Typing my response on my xoom now... first thing I bought was a stylus... works great, doesn't make your screen dirty and greasy like fingers. Note taking is a little awkward since there is ever so slight a delay, and you cannot be as precise with a stylus as you can with a pen. Not sure I would use it during customer meetings, but good to have for phone calls.

claudermilk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages claudermilk
joecooool wrote:What is the security on this device? I HATE my GTablet because there is no security at all. Can this be password protected?

Yes. You can specify a PIN, password, or gesture.

RE: VPN. I'm not sure about VPNs...yet. I have been playing with PocketCloud and 2X Client for RDP. I'm liking PocketCloud more so fare, and am able to remote into the corporate Win 2008 servers with it.

ivanivanovich

quality posts: 24 Private Messages ivanivanovich
aolshove wrote:Then you're probably familiar with RPN.

steve2112 wrote:Gotta love RPN!

Reverse Polish rules! And the forth programming language, which I dabbled in back in the day.

ivanivanovich

quality posts: 24 Private Messages ivanivanovich
artpego wrote:Ok. I have to admit it... I am a tablet addict.

Me too. I came in through the same doors ... Kindle, Galaxy Tab, Nook Color ... and on from there.

But today wasn't a tablet-buying day for me.

szecsei

quality posts: 9 Private Messages szecsei

i have both. the asus has a better screen (based on a side by side comparison), but both are fine for games, surfing, camera quality, sound (streaming music from pandora). both have just downloaded a new version of android (3.2.1, i believe). they do feel differently (but which one you prefer may be based on personal preference). the asus is a little larger than the xoom, but they weigh about the same. haven't compared the gps capability. both had a hard time getting an ip address from my (microsoft...yes, that's right) router. i finally figured out why, and ended up switching to an airport extreme. both tablets shook hands with apple's equipment and everyone plays nicely (the microsoft router is sulking on my bookshelf...it is a fine router, but i wanted to upgrade from a G to an N).

leonbev

quality posts: 10 Private Messages leonbev

We're getting close to the correct pricing on these. I'm in for one once they get to $250.

stormchaserbh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stormchaserbh

Motorola XOOM 2 to be announced next week:

http://www.andro-tablets.org/motorola-xoom-2-358.html

133 Woots, including 4 BeeOhCees, 18 LeakFrogs, 19 SanDisk MP3 players, 6 Screaming Woot Monkeys and a pair of Woot-Off Lights!! (But no Bacon Salt or Roombas yet)

jmgardn2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmgardn2

Waiting for this thing to ship....I feel like Cartman waiting for the Wii...Ughhhh!!!

takupai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages takupai
jmgardn2 wrote:Waiting for this thing to ship....I feel like Cartman waiting for the Wii...Ughhhh!!!

Totally, Im like checking every day to see if its shipped and nada!!! CANT WAIT!!!! :-P

cmoylan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cmoylan

has it shipped for anyone yet

takupai

cmoylan wrote:has it shipped for anyone yet

Nothing yet.......cry.....

willsecor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages willsecor
takupai wrote:Nothing yet.......cry.....

I'm with you! I was hoping to get it early this upcoming week, but it hasn't shipped yet.

I ordered all my accessories off Amazon when I bought it, they're sitting on my desk looking lonely.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Howdy folks. As your confirmation email said, it can take up to 5 business days for the product to leave the Woot warehouse. Friday was the 2nd business day. Hang tight.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

takupai

ThunderThighs wrote:Howdy folks. As your confirmation email said, it can take up to 5 business days for the product to leave the Woot warehouse. Friday was the 2nd business day. Hang tight.

Thank you for the response, and its just we really are like Cartman waiting for the Wii, wooters are not known for their patience :-P thanx again for the update!!

joecooool

quality posts: 23 Private Messages joecooool

Already got my cover from Amazon that I ordered the same day. Still no word from Woot about shipping my order. Sure hope I have it before I leave for my two week vacation on Saturday.

Kinda the whole reason I bought the thing...

kmehta

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmehta

Anyone else got updates on the shipping?? I was hoping to have it on my way, as I am going out on vacation this Friday!!

joecooool

quality posts: 23 Private Messages joecooool

Just got my tracking info. Should be delivered Thursday.

rwkleinjr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rwkleinjr

Tracking says it'll arrive (Chicago) on Wednesday. Perfect!

kmehta

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmehta
kmehta wrote:Anyone else got updates on the shipping?? I was hoping to have it on my way, as I am going out on vacation this Friday!!

Wow, I posted my comments this evening, and just checking (at night) and it shows the package is on its way, and will be delivered by Wednesday. NICE!!!

badcrazy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages badcrazy

Thursday delivery scheduled here in CT. Wootstanding!

j03l

quality posts: 0 Private Messages j03l

Estimated Friday delivery for Phoenix.

phreack

quality posts: 1 Private Messages phreack

got mine!

As soon as I connected it to my network, it had an update it wanted to install.

As soon as it re-booted, it had another update to install.

Hopefully this won't be an endless loop of updates.

Edit: after the 2 reboots, it seems to be done. On to playing with my new toy!

insane131

quality posts: 0 Private Messages insane131

Just got mine! (Indiana) It looks brand new except for a small stamp that says "Refurbished by Motorola." I'm really happy with the deal so far... Thanks woot!

taylor6400

quality posts: 1 Private Messages taylor6400

Oh really? At the time of shipping i had delivery date of today. Now i look this morning and its bumped out to tomorrow...and i have no updates on the tracking site since 10/18 when it was at Irving, TX. Come on Fedex! I want this for the weekend!