djm61

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djm61

What's up with Utah???

Every time I miss out on a Bucket of Caramel it seems that most of them end up in Salt Lake City.

Is there some special trick to getting one that's hidden in the Book of Mormon?

Do you have to know the angel More-on-eye personally?

Or is it the magic underwear?

Oh well, maybe next time!

Dave

MobyWan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MobyWan

My Second Bucket of Candycorn!

Wooo hooot!

(I hope it's better than the last!)

timwes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timwes

Got to the spinning 'you are all set now' screen, but no charge to my card, no confirmation email, no Box of Cobwebs on my account.

Zero Box of Cobwebs in 6? 7? years

jasonwilk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jasonwilk

I have tried many times to get a bag and never got one. I'm so excited to see what they sweep off the floor for me. Yeah!

kalenscott

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kalenscott

After years of nothing ... I have scored 2 blades or carnage in a row. Nothing special in my first, still fun and cool stuff for the kids. We'll just have to wait and see what #2 brings (insert metaphorical witty comment)

sev911

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sev911

Been a long dry spell of 16 months but scored my 3rd Box of Cobwebs! Now if the woot gods will shine on me with an obligatory Apple crap in honor of Steve Jobs I would be most appreciative!

monstermack77

quality posts: 1 Private Messages monstermack77

My success on scoring the ever elusive Buckets of Consternation seem directly tied to my younger sister's car.
Every time her car breaks down during a Wootoff I score some carp.
The first time she called me crying because her car stalled in the middle of the intersection of a major metropolitan road and I put her on hold to I could finish my order process.
This score is now the 4th time her car has broken down and I got me some crap.
Thanks Sis!

Morgodth

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Morgodth

scored by first Bit o' Carnage. For those who tell you it's not worth hitting the "refresh" button on a blank screen for an hour...apparently it is.

chazde3

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chazde3

And so begins the fun part, waiting for tracking info to give you hope, some days pass and slowly the reports of what people are getting start coming in and anticipation builds and builds until finally, its out for delivery. Your box finally makes it to your hands, anticipation is higher than ever, heart racing, you rip into the box hoping for magical items that you cant live without, could a letter be in there, no I don't see it, wait could it have slipped into the bag, no, oh wait maybe it is under the box flap. Huh no letter, looks like all you ended up with the advertised "Bucket of Candycorn". And even though you didn't get anything good you will still be back for more if the Woot gods grant you another chance.

sheetz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheetz

Scored another Box of Cobwebs I thought my wife did too, but it never showed up in her account, so I guess her order got rejected for some reason. She's a little disappointed, but still excited that I have one on the way.

I noticed my little sister was responsible for sellout, so proud of her.

dfcnothing

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dfcnothing

In for the ride again.

godaiyuhsaku

quality posts: 0 Private Messages godaiyuhsaku

Third Box of Cobwebs (Also Third in a row.)

Also two coworkers each managed to get a Box of Cobwebs

So we shall see what we get.

NASCARGEEK

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NASCARGEEK
seahokedrama wrote:I click want one- and when the page loads...

... it is on the home page again! What gives?

Same for me. I guess when the site is getting overloaded with requests, it just starts turning away requests. You know . . . "unknown features" of Woot!

loonysalmon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages loonysalmon

Payment To Woot, Inc.
Completed ... -$8.00 USD

First Big Old Constipation ever. Member since 12/7/2004. Time pays off :-)

Megatrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Megatrain

Doh, thought I had this one, got all the way to the "processing your order" spinning screen.

After waiting a while, I clicked the "click here to refresh this screen manually", which then timed out. No confirmation email, never showed up on the "My account" screen.

Not sure if I failed it by clicking the refresh link, or if it would have failed anyway :P Would have been my second.

So was it me, or did the Box of Cobwebs page stay up for a surprisingly long time, before moving on to the next product? (Not that it actually did anything other than give us more time to get frustrated...)

ehs5mw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ehs5mw

Thought I had this one, but couldn't get to the confirm order page. It kept saying that it could not access the page.

Bummer. Again.

AndrewKriz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AndrewKriz

Woot,

I'd love to get one of those refurbed HP computers in my Box of Cobwebs My dad needs a new machine, he's working on an old dell circa 2001 with a single core and 512 ram!!!

Thanks!

SuperTully

quality posts: 32 Private Messages SuperTully

Wonder if we'll get a special Halloween themed Bucket of Candycorn this time around?

NJT - Woot!

krazyballs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krazyballs

itll show up around the time of halloween. we will all get woot costumes..how could would that be

angerbender

quality posts: 48 Private Messages angerbender
djm61 wrote:What's up with Utah???

Every time I miss out on a Bucket of Caramel it seems that most of them end up in Salt Lake City.

Dave

Maybe they know that when the blank white page loaded, you could still purchase one by hand-entering the secure socket layer URL into the browser address bar. But that's just a random, shot-in-the-dark, guess on my part.

tjhuggins84

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjhuggins84

Finally scored my first bucket of candycorn; I have my fingers crossed!

natedogg828

quality posts: 4 Private Messages natedogg828
krazyballs wrote:itll show up around the time of halloween. we will all get woot costumes..how could would that be

Woot costumes would be awesome, I suggested to my family a few weeks ago that we should make ourselvesw woot monkey costumes for Halloween this year, just haven't had time to do it

126 Woots to date across all sites (now Woot! says I am better than everyone else) including 7 Bags of Crap...snagged a Big ol' Crybaby (#6) to secure my black square!
Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

diablos991

quality posts: 5 Private Messages diablos991

I am from Utah and I get at least one Box of Cobwebs per year.

Utah has an extremely educated population and a very large amount of tech savvy folk.

Couple that to the time that the Box of Cobwebs#39;s appear (2 to 3pm) and you get a recipie for Box of Cobwebs success.

kywolf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kywolf
SColburn wrote:Simple. The keys are: Preparedness, Patience, Persistence, and Luck.

Happy Hallowoot!

That's a lot of crap!!! Have you ever gotten anything awesome!?

Maniacmous

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Maniacmous
natedogg828 wrote:Woot costumes would be awesome, I suggested to my family a few weeks ago that we should make ourselvesw woot monkey costumes for Halloween this year, just haven't had time to do it

I was thinking similarly. I wish I were still of a trick or treating age, since I got the Bag For Crap in the last Box of Cobwebs - perfect treat bag.

Darvell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Darvell
djm61 wrote:What's up with Utah???

Dave

OK, so here's the deal. Usually I watch Woot-Off's very closely. Like most faithful Wooters, I hate to miss out on a good deal. But, I was very busy this time. I probably only saw a total of 5 Woots MAX for this Woot Off. Sad, I know. I should repent, right?

But, one of those Woots that I saw was the B-of-C. I jumped on it immediately, like a room full of Relief Society women on huge salad-bowl full of green jello with carrot slivers in it (get it? Bowl of Carrots!).

And, I got one. Yehaw. Only my second B-of-C. I think I was inspired to check it. Really. What else would explain it? LOL.

We Utah Mormons got the B-of-C because we read our B-of-M. Get your own B-of-M's and maybe you'll start snagging B-of-C's. Simple. My underwear ain't got nuttin' to do wit' it!

(And it probably doesn't hurt that back in the 1800's, our modern book of Church revelations was originally called the Book of Commandments--another B-of-C.)

jsh139

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jsh139

What's everyone's guess for shipping emails to be sent out? Next Wednesday at the latest? Yes, I know that the craps are the last things in the woot-off to ship.

Insert signature here.

Darvell

jsh139 wrote:What's everyone's guess for shipping emails to be sent out? Next Wednesday at the latest? Yes, I know that the craps are the last things in the woot-off to ship.

My guess is NOT sooner than a week. :-(

More anticipation, I guess, eh? :-(

Darvell

Karenys wrote:ABSOLUTELY...even if you get crap you can brag that you got a sack o crap! I got a backpack, mouse pad, and small flashlights but it was a great experience and I still try for another one!

Even if you REALLY DO get a box of crap (which is very likely), snagging one is a rite of passage for Wooters. Who cares what you get, when you get a Bucket of Candycorn, you're part of an elite club now.

Welcome aboard, if you got one. If you didn't, stay out of the clubhouse--losers aren't welcome.

krazyballs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krazyballs
Maniacmous wrote:I was thinking similarly. I wish I were still of a trick or treating age, since I got the Bag For Crap in the last Box of Cobwebs - perfect treat bag.

no one is ever to old to be of trick or treating age. youll get funny looks but just say its a costume hahaha fun for the whole family

laineyhigg

quality posts: 21 Private Messages laineyhigg

And now begins what we really pay our $8 for... the anticipation of shipping times, package dimensions and weight, then photos and the hunt for the letter. Let the good times begin!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Darvell wrote:OK, so here's the deal. Usually I watch Woot-Off's very closely. Like most faithful Wooters, I hate to miss out on a good deal. But, I was very busy this time. I probably only saw a total of 5 Woots MAX for this Woot Off. Sad, I know. I should repent, right?

We'll be expecting improvement next month.

I'm just hanging out, really.

Samirat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Samirat

I got the same message...did you get a confirmation yet?

Saraja87 wrote:I am stuck on the order is processing page....

"We got your order. Hang on a second while we check our inventory to make sure we have enough stuff available to fill your order.

You can stick around to make sure your order goes through, or just leave and check your account page later. If sale's listed there, it means everything went fine. If it's not, it means your order got denied. "

When will I know if it worked?

CmC918

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CmC918

I don't expect to see mine before October 28th at the earliest seems about the normal and mine from past history isn't even shipped smart post it has shipped regular fedex ground.

mrlatj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrlatj
krazyballs wrote:no one is ever to old to be of trick or treating age. youll get funny looks but just say its a costume hahaha fun for the whole family

I prefer Trick-or-Beer

jbutenhoff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbutenhoff

THANK YOU AMAZON AND WOOT!

I love the new "Lets use the worse server we still own for the Bucket of Candycorn sale"

Seriously, before 95% of the winners used some form of "cheat" like a custom script or bot or even a website to aid them. The bags of crap were gone before most could even reload their page.

Having the sale hosted on an old 486 with 16mb of ram running windows ME means that the sale lasts much longer and many others can get a chance at the crap!

Then again, I got one at work, while every other time here our network was too slow, so my opinion may be a bit slanted ;) I would bet that the change to the turtle inspired server was on purpose...

dlazz

quality posts: 8 Private Messages dlazz

It's amusing to me how people think the Woot guys are all huddled around the discussion boards adhering to peoples requests for items.

You get random stuff, you don't get to request items.

If I ask for a Mac Mini, I'm not going to get one. Simple as that.

jbutenhoff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbutenhoff
dlazz wrote:It's amusing to me how people think the Woot guys are all huddled around the discussion boards adhering to peoples requests for items.

I do know that a few woots ago I got a back pain thingy with pads that you replaced. In my next Bucket of Candycorn I got a TON more of the replacelent pads... There were numerous reports of this occuring...

Just because you don't believe in the Woot gods doesn't mean they don't believe in you!

laineyhigg

quality posts: 21 Private Messages laineyhigg
dlazz wrote:It's amusing to me how people think the Woot guys are all huddled around the discussion boards adhering to peoples requests for items.

Don't underestimate the power of the woot gods. Sure, they may not give you a letter just because you ask for one (but just in case you're reading this, I'll take a letter please!), but there have been plenty of times a loyal wooter has requested something (like a letter saying they're not getting anything else) and the woot gods have obliged. You should always respect the woot gods. You never know when they're watching.

And you know you're secretly hoping the woot gods are going to send you a Mac Mini to prove you wrong.

ZeroSumHappiness

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ZeroSumHappiness

Every day, sometimes multiple times, I check my account to see the status on my beaches of crabs. I check MyFedex to see if my basket of chickens has progressed to being "prepared" for shipment. I imagine this process to be one of religious proportions, a priest of Woot singing the hymn, Blessing of Crap, over my individual box. Daily, I pray to the Woot God and sacrifice my time on the altar of F5 hoping that my shipping weight and dimensions are true and that perhaps with luck my blessed snail, carrying forth the biscuits of cheese to their destination will be swift and intelligent. What will I be so lucky to receive? A broken Sansa? A dollar store disk shooter? There is always a hope that the Woot God, and his head priest on Earth, ThreePieceWoot, will bless me with the greatest of gifts. That most blessed gift is the second waiting. The waiting after receiving a special letter. This second waiting, more exclusive than the first, is the Holy of Holies for we Woot adherents. We shall see if the monkeys soaring around the Woot warehouse are quick in their packing of britches or coats for each of the chosen. We shall see how many times the high priest, ThreePieceWoot, will put pen to paper to sign a letter. We shall see how many Wibbly Balls are distributed to the congregation.

Let us all bow our heads in reverence to the Woot God, who will shower upon us the gift of the cast-offs.

Blessed are the Wooters, for they shall inherit the Crap.