yrguide

quality posts: 5 Private Messages yrguide
laineyhigg wrote:You should always respect the woot gods. You never know when they're watching.

Respect.

marceepauff

quality posts: 14 Private Messages marceepauff
dlazz wrote:It's amusing to me how people think the Woot guys are all huddled around the discussion boards adhering to peoples requests for items.

You get random stuff, you don't get to request items.

If I ask for a Mac Mini, I'm not going to get one. Simple as that.

I'll be really mad if you do.

Just sayin'.

Please consider voting for my shirts:

chazde3

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chazde3
laineyhigg wrote:(like a letter saying they're not getting anything else)

I would seriously get a good laugh out of that at work when I opened it. Personally I would still prefer a letter say I was getting something else, but its all luck of the draw so its good no matter what.

fashbash

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fashbash
Darvell wrote:OK, so here's the deal. Usually I watch Woot-Off's very closely. Like most faithful Wooters, I hate to miss out on a good deal. But, I was very busy this time. I probably only saw a total of 5 Woots MAX for this Woot Off. Sad, I know. I should repent, right?

But, one of those Woots that I saw was the B-of-C. I jumped on it immediately, like a room full of Relief Society women on huge salad-bowl full of green jello with carrot slivers in it (get it? Bowl of Carrots!).

And, I got one. Yehaw. Only my second B-of-C. I think I was inspired to check it. Really. What else would explain it? LOL.

We Utah Mormons got the B-of-C because we read our B-of-M. Get your own B-of-M's and maybe you'll start snagging B-of-C's. Simple. My underwear ain't got nuttin' to do wit' it!

(And it probably doesn't hurt that back in the 1800's, our modern book of Church revelations was originally called the Book of Commandments--another B-of-C.)

now it all makes sense -- who would have thought that BCs and BMs were related? ;)

only kiddingg!

zokea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zokea

Haha, if that's the case, then I really wouldn't mind that serta air mattress that they were selling earlier to be thrown in with my bag. It certainly would be an upgrade from the air mattress that I've been sleeping on.
But really, I'm just excited to get anything for eight bucks.

laineyhigg

quality posts: 20 Private Messages laineyhigg
chazde3 wrote:I would seriously get a good laugh out of that at work when I opened it. Personally I would still prefer a letter say I was getting something else, but its all luck of the draw so its good no matter what.

Here's his post:

Jeus wrote:I'd like to start this post by thanking ThreePieceWoot for sending me the coolest thing I've ever gotten!!!! (yea my life is super cool) and thanks to tater for helping me post that I got this when I was otherwise unable to do so. Without further ado as promised the framed letter to nowhere....

btw I'm still totally geeking out about this.

edit: I want everyone to know that this is a "fake" letter from threepiecewoot. I have no other items headed my way. ;]

SoCalDuncan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SoCalDuncan
fashbash wrote:now it all makes sense -- who would have thought that BCs and BMs were related? ;)

only kiddingg!

Ken Jennings?

mystereys

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mystereys

Woo first Bale of Cotton! After years of trying! Bring on the Candy!

brazenisgod

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brazenisgod

Personal Box of Cobwebs-VI! HEEEEEERE WE GOOOOoooooo....

It's the cheapest way to get xmas gifts that friends and family NEVER wanted! Thanks WOOT! Gods, the anticipation begins all over again.

effin wewt!

OldMatador

quality posts: 13 Private Messages OldMatador
dlazz wrote:It's amusing to me how people think the Woot guys are all huddled around the discussion boards adhering to peoples requests for items.

You get random stuff, you don't get to request items.

If I ask for a Mac Mini, I'm not going to get one. Simple as that.

ThreePieceWoot sent a guy in the last WootOff a Zombie Screaming Monkey after he requested it. It was pretty awesome.

deadmongoose

quality posts: 4 Private Messages deadmongoose

I just have to gloat for a second for securing my 2nd Box of Cobwebs yesterday. My girlfriend says I spend too much time on Woot and after my last Box of Cobwebs said I was barred from ordering another one, because it happened to be...crap. Well I can't brag about it in my usual channels so I am coming here to do it.

GeorgeZboy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages GeorgeZboy

This is my third bag in one year. A big thanks goes out to the posters that let the 'back door' cat out of the bag. Of the five of us in our office that were clicking "WANT!!!" we had two successes.

I'll dream for the next few weeks that the WOOT gods send along a nice big TV for my dad's use.

LurchSTA

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LurchSTA

My wife and I both managed to score bags time time around! Here's to double the crap!

Surprisingly, I'm actually hoping to score a Screaming Monkey or two. I've had two and the batteries are gone in both of them

stele2

quality posts: 3 Private Messages stele2

Been a while since I've been in a Box of Cobwebs thread. Guess I should watch the Ken Jennings video to see what they're handing out these days.

dlazz

quality posts: 8 Private Messages dlazz
laineyhigg wrote:
And you know you're secretly hoping the woot gods are going to send you a Mac Mini to prove you wrong.

So what if I've been shopping around for one? That was just a coincidence...

...or was it?

serdman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages serdman

That Bastion of Cowards that I got turned out to be pretty expensive. I got the Cy-fi speaker and liked it so much that I bought 3 more for presents when it came up a couple of weeks later.

I'm not sure if I'm hoping for that to happen again or not.

ranex

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ranex

This is my third Bushel of Chipmunks in a row- and my 3rd overall as well, I have found that getting a Box of Cobwebs is like a teenager trying to get a girlfriend;

-The first one can be really hard to get because you have no idea what you are doing.

-When you don't get one you have loads of regret and try to figure out what you did wrong.

-You try to get advice from peers on how to pick one up.

-Sometimes its easy to pick one up, but its not guaranteed for next time that you will.

-Sometimes when you fail you try to blame unrelated external factors.

-Sometimes though it does help to have experience just so you know what to do [like around what time the Box of Cobwebs usually comes up]

-What you get it the end might be awesome, or well just a bag of....

-It's always worth the chase in the end though

DangerMouse9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DangerMouse9
diablos991 wrote:I am from Utah and I get at least one Box of Cobwebs per year.

Utah has an extremely educated population and a very large amount of tech savvy folk.

Couple that to the time that the Box of Cobwebs#39;s appear (2 to 3pm) and you get a recipie for Box of Cobwebs success.

I didn't think you could ever associate Mormonism with educated. :P

DangerMouse9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DangerMouse9
OldMatador wrote:ThreePieceWoot sent a guy in the last WootOff a Zombie Screaming Monkey after he requested it. It was pretty awesome.

Anything zombie would be awesome.

LEM-

quality posts: 147 Private Messages LEM-

Hello, fellow wooters!

Just dropping by to say "Hi" and to report that my BоC #19 has been purchased yesterday after messing around with 5 or 6 windows across 2 browsers and a smartphone.

So let the waiting game begin, and traditionally, as we get close to the shipping date, I will be happy to post a copy of my SmartPost primer. But if you are inpatient and want to start tracking RIGHT NOW you can read it in past month's thread.

lunadust12

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lunadust12

I'm hoping my box isn't actually filled with cobwebs. Candycorn maybe.

LLovely

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LLovely

While I patiently wait for my current Bucket of Candycorn, here is the fun I received in a previous bag!

And in case you were wondering, YES, that was a NEW kickass IBM joystick circa 1996...

maskdmirag

quality posts: 1 Private Messages maskdmirag

So it took me 2 hours of trying, about 30 mins to get the order page, 45 mins to get the buy now page and 45 to get an order confirmation, but my 2nd Box of Cobwebs is mine!

I don't care what I get honestly (although me and the wife are expecting, hint hint threepiecewoot)

But I want the bag to be cool!

Last time we got the sparkly purse and the e-reader cover, which were pretty cool, but not nearly as epic as the gold tournament backpacks a woot-off prior.

I'm just a sucker for the bag!

krazyballs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krazyballs
maskdmirag wrote:So it took me 2 hours of trying, about 30 mins to get the order page, 45 mins to get the buy now page and 45 to get an order confirmation, but my 2nd Box of Cobwebs is mine!

I don't care what I get honestly (although me and the wife are expecting, hint hint threepiecewoot)

But I want the bag to be cool!

Last time we got the sparkly purse and the e-reader cover, which were pretty cool, but not nearly as epic as the gold tournament backpacks a woot-off prior.

I'm just a sucker for the bag!

i hope thats figuratively speaking because it only took an hour to sell out...

angerbender

quality posts: 48 Private Messages angerbender
DangerMouse9 wrote:I didn't think you could ever associate Mormonism with educated. :P

BYU ■

bjm5401

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bjm5401
LLovely wrote:While I patiently wait for my current Bucket of Candycorn, here is the fun I received in a previous bag!

And in case you were wondering, YES, that was a NEW kickass IBM joystick circa 1996...

where in the world did they dig up that joystick?!?!?!! An unopened one to boot!

ballisonmt

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ballisonmt

Well I got two surprises this Thursday; first, I was able to grab my third Bucket of Candycorn and (more importantly, threepiecewoot) second, I found out that my wife is pregnant (quite unexpected and eighteen years after an "only" child).
What will the next woot-off bring?

wallsg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wallsg
ch333 wrote:You should use paypal - all you need to add is your woot password and it stores everything else for you.

All you need to do is memorize your 3- or 4-digit security code.

B.O.C. - 10/23/08, 12/25/08, 12/25/09, 01/28/10, 06/24/10, 12/01/10, 08/17/11, 09/14/11, 10/12/11, 11/09/11, 12/06/11, 12/25/11, 01/19/12, 03/22/12,
Game Over

CapnJB

quality posts: 15 Private Messages CapnJB
ballisonmt wrote:Well I got two surprises this Thursday; first, I was able to grab my third Bucket of Candycorn and (more importantly, threepiecewoot) second, I found out that my wife is pregnant (quite unexpected and eighteen years after an "only" child).

Congrats! Both on the child and having a built-in baby sitter

Weezknight

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Weezknight

Wow, I didn't know we could make requests. :D

In that case, I'll take one of the following:

iPod Touch
Wireless HD Roku
Mortar & Pestle

carpan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages carpan
ballisonmt wrote:Well I got two surprises this Thursday; first, I was able to grab my third Bucket of Candycorn and (more importantly, threepiecewoot) second, I found out that my wife is pregnant (quite unexpected and eighteen years after an "only" child).

Congrats ballisomt, that's like getting all three letters from threepiecewoot at once.

Berg of Carp- 5/22/12, 3/22/12, 12/25/11, 12/6/11, 10/12/11, 9/14/11, 8/17/11, 7/12/11, 6/15/11, 4/1/11, 12/25/10, 12/1/10, 10/21/10

wallsg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wallsg
LLovely wrote:While I patiently wait for my current Bucket of Candycorn, here is the fun I received in a previous bag!

Isn't that from a couple of years ago? I got the same Go Duster and joy stick.

B.O.C. - 10/23/08, 12/25/08, 12/25/09, 01/28/10, 06/24/10, 12/01/10, 08/17/11, 09/14/11, 10/12/11, 11/09/11, 12/06/11, 12/25/11, 01/19/12, 03/22/12,
Game Over

LLovely

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LLovely
wallsg wrote:Isn't that from a couple of years ago? I got the same Go Duster and joy stick.

It was indeed. I think it was 2009. That's back when the bags were a bit more 'random' then they are these days. Not complaining at all, I'll try for a bag every time one is available!

Here's hoping for that HD projector in this bag though! (hoping threepiecewoot is very nice to me this go around) :-)

SenjaO

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SenjaO
OldMatador wrote:I purchase bags of crap so others here don't have to. I understand lamenters... You want that sacred Boat of Cod. Let me tell you, 99% of the time, you will be disappointed.

So why do I make the sacrifice? Why do I purchase these Buckets of Cheese? Because of that 1% chance it's going to be awesome. #OccupyWoot

Anticipation. I just love the couple of weeks wondering what is going to be there. It's fun. Just Like I bought myself a present. I've gotten good ones(Neatworks scanner, and robot webcam), and really Bad Ones(Flushlight, anyone?) but I's a fun surprise that I can get for myself.

kohisan

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kohisan

Recently I've been thinking about how terrible my recent bags have been. But then I looked back at the ones from years past, and realized I was crazy and it's always been AWESOME CRAP.

Now we wait. I'm hoping my new residence gets crapier crap than my old one!

PermaLost

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PermaLost

Over four years between my first woot and my first Bucket of Candycorn.
And I'm more convinced than ever that Box of Cobwebs buying issues are deliberate to make it into a lottery.
But I'm cool with that, mostly cause I finally won that damn lottery.

Now here's hoping for one of those nice HD camcorders or DSLRs that kept popping up. Or would that be crappy camcorder? Although any leftover crappy monitors or tvs... Or the slingshot monkey. Now that's crap.

esclava

quality posts: 3 Private Messages esclava

I'm hoping for crap in my Box of Cobwebs Three totally awesome crappy items!

And a letter.

In the PoC I'd like 100s of woot umbrellas to keep in my car to pass out to folk stuck walking out in rain! A long time ago some coworkers told me I would end up being a crazy cat lady, but really I think I would like to be the crazy umbrella lady.

duodec

quality posts: 14 Private Messages duodec
OldMatador wrote:ThreePieceWoot sent a guy in the last WootOff a Zombie Screaming Monkey after he requested it. It was pretty awesome.

Indeed it was, and is ;)

Look upon my Avatar, ye whiny, and despair!

lrmoore577

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lrmoore577

I am so excited about getting my second Box of Cobwebs ever!

Now the waiting begins.

Also, if one of those refurbished dyson vacuums happened to mysteriously fall into my bag, I wouldn't have any complaints about it...

Juion

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Juion

So happy to get one, but I'm more happy that two of my friends got them, too.

Even cooler is that we all share the same first name and last initial. EVEN COOLER than that is that it's both their first Box of Cobwebs

I'm hoping they both get really awesome stuff. Sure, some bags of crap are... crappy, but your first one is always special.

My first one had a GPS, a busted mp3 player, and a set of Woot Off lights. Maybe a Woot monkey, too.