kevinlee27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevinlee27

just bought one.. will upgrade to 4 or 6gb of memory. hopefully it was a good buy..

computers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages computers

copy and paste this ( B560-433028U review )
and put it in your search engine most of your questions should be answered.

zolin1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zolin1

I wouldn't even spend a 100$ on a Lenovo there one of the worst lemons out there. You would be better to get a a cheep toshiba.

zolin1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zolin1
kevinlee27 wrote:just bought one.. will upgrade to 4 or 6gb of memory. hopefully it was a good buy..

no that was not a good buy :/ Should of got a hp or toshiba for 300.

AndrewKriz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AndrewKriz

Whoever wrote this is good. Real good. This person should be teaching English in our high schools and humorous writing to children ASAP.

kevinlee27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevinlee27

lol. whats wrong with lenovo? ive only heard good from them. i dont like people who post bad things about a company just cause they've experienced one problem from them lol

butlerwm

quality posts: 3 Private Messages butlerwm
SuperNinja wrote:Wrong.

I work for IBM, and IBM is responsible for warranty and maintenance work on Lenovo laptops and desktops.

Just one question... Why does IBM have Ninjas working for them?

scro0004

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scro0004

How does this not rate as a quality post?

wootwootman wrote:How funny. I am literally going to be the best source on here, for information regarding Lenovo tech support. haha. The company I work for, IS Lenovo tech support in the Americas. Lenovo tech support is performed, like most tech support out there, by another company, called xxxxxxx out of Atlanta, GA. Lenovo lets us (only a few of us that do all of the support) be pretty generous within reason with our callers. I would say Lenovo and Sony tech support are the best out there. Especially with the thinkpad. It's so modular, we can easily send you an entire cd drive in two days to replace a bad one, and all you have to do is pop the old one out (easssssy) and put the new one in, ship the old one back with our pre-paid label/box. We also troubleshoot alot. Go ahead, buy it! Lenovos are business computers, so we have to treat every customer like a business professional.

pxl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pxl
theDevGuy wrote:Lenovo?

FWIW, I am on my second Thinkpad. I develop software for a living. My first Thinkpad (IBM) was so great (reliable and tremendous service), that I bought a second one.

In the past twelve months, I have had the motherboard replaced twice and the hard disk crash. In every instance, the service has been lousy.

I "escalated" the case to Lenovo, and they promised a call back within 48 hours. No call came. Three weeks later, I escalated again. Another promise of a call back in 48 hours, plus an email address in case of no call. No call. I emailed. No response.

For $299, consider it disposable. If you expect good service from Lenovo, don't. It apparently does NOT exist anymore.

This.

--
nate

divergex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages divergex

My 17 year old son has a similar model from Lenovo and it has been great. He has had no problems whatsoever. After reading some of the comments here, I guess we've been lucky... but not lucky enough to snag a bucket of cauliflower...

me2babe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages me2babe

$299 for a refurb, OfficeMax $349 new 1 year warranty 4 gig of ram, no way anyone should pay this price today!

chipgreen

quality posts: 176 Private Messages chipgreen

MicroCenter currently has an Acer Aspire with almost identical specs, but it's brand new and has 4gb of RAM for only $30 more (limit 1, in-store only). Same processor, same 320gb hdd, same DVD multi-drive, etc.

edroidx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages edroidx
me2babe wrote:$299 for a refurb, OfficeMax $349 new 1 year warranty 4 gig of ram, no way anyone should pay this price today!

This one has a one year warranty too. You also have to pay sales tax at Office Max in most states and that would bring it closer to 400. This is a better deal.

jiangli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jiangli

Any idea how to cancel an order? Realized this is a refurb after placing the order.

ROGETRAY wrote:Email us here at service@woot.com and we'll be glad to assist you with your order. Please remember to include your username and original order number so we may help you in a timely manner.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

ricochetsaw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ricochetsaw

Protip, this laptop is running an older series chip (Arrandale), you can find new laptop running an Intel B950 (64bit supporting Sandy Bridge) With similar specs, and 4gb or DDR3-1333Hz ram for only 100 bucks more.

(Sources: http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Pentium-B950-Notebook-Processor.52434.0.html
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834214504&cm_sp=DailyDeal-_-34-214-504-_-Homepage2011)

Also: this build only has 2 Ram slots, just wanna point that out, it can run 2x4GB, but comes with 1x2GB
/Hardware rant

Price vs performance, this is better than some, but for not much more you can get much much better without emptying your bank account as an example: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230091 E350 and HDMI.

mdeath

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdeath
bthompso1474 wrote:I bought one of these from Woot! a couple of months ago because we use the Lenovos at work and they are work horse machines. They are solid and will fit the need for most home and small business users. They are not gaming machines but for doing most home and office tasks it is a great PC. If I needed a second one I would buy this in a heartbeat.

Does anyone know if there's a dock for this thing?

joelstickler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joelstickler

how long did it take for you gyes to get your purchase? its been 5 days since i made my purchase and still havent heard a thing from woot about it

cygnostik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cygnostik
joelstickler wrote:how long did it take for you gyes to get your purchase? its been 5 days since i made my purchase and still havent heard a thing from woot about it

Kind of reminds me of the last refurb computer I got from woot. Took an incredibly long time to ship, It died a quick, horrible & frustrating death. Had to ship it back to the manufacturer...

Finally got it back, it works great. A great damn deal that I'm very happy with - It's just the paying all the money, the waiting, the return shipping, the worrying, the stress... :-/ Need to learn to resist.

tomjuline4850

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tomjuline4850
acidoverride wrote:Wow... and same price too!!! $299.99

Compare:
Best Buy / Woot

4GB RAM / 2GB RAM
250GB HD / 320GB HD
1.6GHz AMD / 2.13GHz Intel
1MB Cache / ?

so just add 2 GB more of RAM....You will then have a better machine than the Best Buy one.

rockinrobbins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rockinrobbins

Grumble, grumble, grumble.......taking too long........GRUMBLE... no tracking number......grumble......WOOT! had my wrong e-mail address......I fixed it too late....grumble, grumble.

sherniaj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sherniaj

Just pass by, Have no idea to buy laptop nowadays.

doctorbow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doctorbow

19th if they count the 13th if not then the 20th would be 5 business days

"Everything went smoothly. We'll take in all the orders, and begin shipping. You can revisit this page by clicking the order number link on the "your account" page. If your order doesn't change to "shipped" within 5 business days, check in our community forums for news of any delay, post there, and/or e-mail our service department at service@woot.com.

Again, your order will typically ship within 5 business days."

Tenshi24

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tenshi24

Has anyone else not even gotten an email yet saying rather or not it's even shipped? I'm excited for my new laptop but I'm sad it's taking so long to get to
me....

LoomTheElf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LoomTheElf

Five days have come and gone, and it hasn't shipped. Where's an update from Woot?

kairosntx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kairosntx
Yell0w wrote:are Lenovo laptops any good? never brought from that brand before. looking for a lightweight laptop that i can bring to school, but this one weights 4.9 pounds.

I know this is too little too late but for future reference... Lenovo is IBM's personal computer brand. They changed the name years ago when their personal computer sales were losing ground to the upstarts Dell, Gateway, Acer, Asus, et al.

phoenix1570

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phoenix1570
LoomTheElf wrote:Five days have come and gone, and it hasn't shipped. Where's an update from Woot?

I am a first time "wooter" (is that the correct term?) and I really want my new computer too! there is that whole weekend thing in the middle so 5 days maybe shipping by the 20th?

I'll keep checking back here

DennisWKam

quality posts: 22 Private Messages DennisWKam

Staff

LoomTheElf wrote:Five days have come and gone, and it hasn't shipped. Where's an update from Woot?

Tomorrow (10/20) will be the 5th business day. We are currently working on shipping your order out and we'll provide you with a tracking number when it is available.

skovers73

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skovers73

When is it going to ship?

riversp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages riversp
Tenshi24 wrote:Has anyone else not even gotten an email yet saying rather or not it's even shipped? I'm excited for my new laptop but I'm sad it's taking so long to get to
me....

I emailed Woot this AM (10/19)asking when the laptop would ship. I got a reply back fairly quickly reminding me of the 5 business day timeframe. I am hoping to see by tomorrow that my items has shipeed since today is technically the 5th day.

wootootin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootootin
riversp wrote:I emailed Woot this AM (10/19)asking when the laptop would ship. I got a reply back fairly quickly reminding me of the 5 business day timeframe. I am hoping to see by tomorrow that my items has shipeed since today is technically the 5th day.

Just got my tracking email about an hour ago (9:16pm Central time zone, Fedex). Shows picked up at 9:42pm. Estimated delivery 10/21.

robskie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robskie

Is this for sale and for how much?
robskie

zach0731

quality posts: 81 Private Messages zach0731

Staff

**Shipping Update**

Lenovo Intel Dual-Core Laptop with 15.6” LED Display has completely shipped via FEDEX GROUND. All tracking has already been emailed out. You can also find your tracking number by following this link and use your ORDER NUMBER as the reference number.

FEDEX TRACKING

riversp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages riversp
zach0731 wrote:**Shipping Update**

Lenovo Intel Dual-Core Laptop with 15.6” LED Display has completely shipped via FEDEX GROUND. All tracking has already been emailed out. You can also find your tracking number by following this link and use your ORDER NUMBER as the reference number.

FEDEX TRACKING

Woo Hoo! Status has changed to shipped! I am really excited and anticipating the arrival of my laptop. I hope I am as satisfied with this item as I have been with all of my Woot purchases.

phoenix1570

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phoenix1570

just arrived as I was leaving for work! woohoo!! opened the box and everything looks great, will get to play later!! Thanks woot!

prosam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prosam

I got my tracking number 2 days ago and it just left the fedex facility today? If the label was created 2 days ago should it not ship the same day? This is crazy. 5 business days to fulfill an order? Really? Wow!

engunneer

quality posts: 2 Private Messages engunneer

Just arrived - not much cruft to remove. I'm installing a bunch of stuff from ninite, Then packing it up to ship off to my sister in law (high school-er). Should be a good school laptop for her.

Notes:
The keyboard layout is awful for someone like me (programming)
Power brick is /tiny/. Impressed.
Screen isn't super bright, but certainly good enough.
Windows performance ratings:
Proc: 5.8
Ram: 5.5
Graphics: 4.0
Gaming Graphics: 5.1
Hard Disk: 5.9
Not as bad as I expected, and certainly not as bad as the woot laptop I bought a few years back.

The Core i5 laptop I use for work:
6.8, 5.9, 4.5, 5.4, 5.9

cogbesor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cogbesor

I bought one of this lenovo laptop which l recieved yesterday after waiting for for it in a long time to be disapointed after finding out that the wireless network does not work, the internet only work by connecting the cable,but wont work on wireless, so l need help on making the wireless networking

ggrow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ggrow

The Lenovo laptop keeps sporadically drops the wireless signal. Then, every time it wakes from sleep, the wireless does not work till you run the diagnosis or restart.

I updated the driver as suggested. Didn't help.

This is not a usable computer for me.

dbarrym

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dbarrym
cogbesor wrote:I bought one of this Lenovo laptop which l received yesterday after waiting for for it in a long time to be disappointed after finding out that the wireless network does not work, the internet only work by connecting the cable,but wont work on wireless, so l need help on making the wireless networking

There is a WiFi switch on the front left edge of the case, about 2" from the left side. Make sure it is turned ON (moved towards the center). Took me a while to find it was the problem...

Just got mine yesterday, upgraded to 8GB and installed Office and some other apps to use as a 2nd home system for my wife and I. Runs great for the price, I like the keyboard, screen is bright enough on battery, the funky touchpad works but feels strange.

Mine had one 2GB memory stick, not two 1GB's as mentioned by someone else. If anyone wants my 2GB stick cheap, let me know - that will get you to 4GB total.

Barry

zongweisun

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zongweisun

I got my laptop today. The problem is it doesn’t connect to Ethernet Cat 5 port. Anyone else has the same problem? Have to fix it? Should I just return it?