jc007

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jc007
engunneer wrote:

Notes:
The keyboard layout is awful for someone like me (programming)
Power brick is /tiny/. Impressed.
Screen isn't super bright, but certainly good enough.
Windows performance ratings:
Proc: 5.8
Ram: 5.5
Graphics: 4.0
Gaming Graphics: 5.1
Hard Disk: 5.9
Not as bad as I expected, and certainly not as bad as the woot laptop I bought a few years back.

The Core i5 laptop I use for work:
6.8, 5.9, 4.5, 5.4, 5.9

Just Put in in Ram, 2 sticks 4 gigs each of G.Skill DDR3 10600 CL9-9-9-24 Total of 8 Gigs.
Changed my score on Ram to 7.2!!!!!
and Gaming Graphics to 5.2
Sadly My Hard Disk was and still is 5.8 you got a better hard drive than me

-JC

If I Agreed With you, Then we would BOTH be wrong

rsmerchan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rsmerchan

just got mine and the track pad doesn't work

anathema523

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anathema523

Having a weird start-up issue...occasionally it freezes in the middle of starting up (I get to the "Please Wait" screen...and it just waits there).

Two questions to anyone out there:

1) Has anyone had that issue/know how to fix it?

2) How do I get in touch with Lenovo to ask them? The laptop didn't come with warranty information...I want to make sure I know what I need if I need to call them.

brutus4959

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brutus4959

I'm a first time wooter and bought this laptop for my Mom. I though this was a good deal...then I saw this on slickdeals:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Lenovo+-+Laptop+/+Intel%26%23174%3B+Pentium%26%23174%3B+Processor+/+15.6%26%2334%3B+Display+/+3GB+Memory+-+Silver+Gray/3558127.p?skuId=3558127&id=1218412710630

Brand new B570-1068AJU!! We just paid the same price for a refurbished B560! What a rip...thanks but no thanks. This will be my last woot. Oh, and shipping time is horrible. You sell one product a day and it takes that long to ship????

wootootin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootootin

Got two of these, as a spare and one for a replacement for my dad.

The first one was refurb looking, fingerprints, some minor blemishes. The second is near perfect, stickers still in place, could only see one smudge on the entire system.

Stuck in the some extra RAM to bring them to 4GB, which makes a lot of difference. Video in particular, with only 2GB a little over 700MB is allocated, with 4GB it gets little over 1.7GB of ram. Which is enough for the simple laptop things.

Pros:
Cheap, not much bloatware to remove, good display, esata port, light-weight.

Cons:
The front is a fairly hard edge, where you rest your palms it can really "dig" in. 5400 RPM drive is always slow, but probably needed to help keep it cool.

In my opinion not a bad deal considering the 299 price.

If you're looking for some docs and support here's a few links:

User Guides and Manuals

Drivers and downloads

DennisWKam

quality posts: 22 Private Messages DennisWKam

Staff

anathema523 wrote:Having a weird start-up issue...occasionally it freezes in the middle of starting up (I get to the "Please Wait" screen...and it just waits there).

2) How do I get in touch with Lenovo to ask them? The laptop didn't come with warranty information...I want to make sure I know what I need if I need to call them.

Sorry about that. Try contacting Lenovo here: 877-453-6686. Make sure you register the laptop first or they won't assist you with a replacement/repair. Get a case number and the reps name if you've registered and they still won't help.

GordonB8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GordonB8

Just got my order... laptop is great. I bought an 8 GB memory upgrade and it's pretty fast.

Downside is they sent me the AC/DC power adapter but with the wrong power cord so I can't charge my laptop until I go out and find the right now.

I sent an email to Woot's CS dept and they said I'll need to contact Lenovo. Not worth the hassle for a power cord.

davemcman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davemcman

Laptop works great; upgraded to 8GB RAM, which really makes a difference.

Having some trouble with Microsoft Updates. Can't seem to get the 7 service pack to update. I've run all fixes/patches from Microsoft and also tried to manually update, but big fat nope. Keeps giving me the "necessary file corrupted/missing" error. Any ideas?

riversp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages riversp
cogbesor wrote:I bought one of this lenovo laptop which l recieved yesterday after waiting for for it in a long time to be disapointed after finding out that the wireless network does not work, the internet only work by connecting the cable,but wont work on wireless, so l need help on making the wireless networking

On the front of the laptop there is a little switch that you have to slide in order to turn on the wireless. Hope this helps.

zarariver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zarariver

how is quality?

subsumption

quality posts: 0 Private Messages subsumption
anathema523 wrote:Having a weird start-up issue...occasionally it freezes in the middle of starting up (I get to the "Please Wait" screen...and it just waits there).

Be happy, you are not alone. For the solution, nothing yet.

subsumption

quality posts: 0 Private Messages subsumption

Try to remove the Lenovo Veriface:
Check This!

coalter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coalter
davemcman wrote:Laptop works great; upgraded to 8GB RAM, which really makes a difference.

Having some trouble with Microsoft Updates. Can't seem to get the 7 service pack to update. I've run all fixes/patches from Microsoft and also tried to manually update, but big fat nope. Keeps giving me the "necessary file corrupted/missing" error. Any ideas?

Same problem here. Any solutions out there yet?

This is probably my last venture with "refurbished" items. I'm not so sure any real refurbishing actually takes place.

travisl

quality posts: 4 Private Messages travisl

My daughter unboxed it for Christmas, powered it on, and it froze up on "preparing for first use." Rebooting took care of the problem, but it's locked up a dozen times since then.

We uninstalled Veriface, but that didn't solve the problem.

The case was getting really hot, so I called Lenovo service, and they're going to do a warranty repair. $20 shipping out of pocket was an unexpected addition to the cost of this refurb.

travisl

travisl wrote:I called Lenovo service, and they're going to do a warranty repair. $20 shipping out of pocket was an unexpected addition to the cost of this refurb.

It arrived back yesterday. They replaced the RAM and the main board, re-imaged it, and confirmed the BIOS is up to date. It's still freezing up. It *really* doesn't like coming out of hibernation.

It's going back to Lenovo, again, and this time, they've offered to pay the cost of shipping. I didn't even have to ask -- I was planning on insisting that they do so.

Also, they seem to think the warranty period ends in May. I'll need to send them a copy of my receipt to correct it to October. I'll do that after the repairs are good and done.

PurdueIke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PurdueIke

BATTERY WON'T CHARGE---DIES IF NOT PLUGGED IN
Christmas gift for the wife. I loaded Outlook and imap for all her email accounts--hit a home run---so I thought.
She didn't want to complain but found out tonight it is stuck at 72% battery power and won't charge. Tried unintalling/reinstalling the battery apps in Device Manager and no joy. She only mentioned it tonight because she flies out tomorrow to make funeral arrangements for her Grandmother and really needs it PORTABLE....Any magic solutions anyone?!?

travisl

travisl wrote:It arrived back yesterday. They replaced the RAM and the main board, re-imaged it, and confirmed the BIOS is up to date. It's still freezing up.

Got it back from Lenovo again. This time, they replaced the CPU. Freezing problem solved. Still, one of the first things I did was to uninstall Veriface.

Also, iTunes failed to install until after all of the Windows Update patches were done installing, which took about six hours and five reboots. I expect that this would be the case with any Windows 7 machine, though.

supernaturals10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages supernaturals10

I purchased this but now the battery is dead. They are not available online anywhere. Are there any options, or did I just buy a dud?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 555 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

supernaturals10 wrote:I purchased this but now the battery is dead. They are not available online anywhere. Are there any options, or did I just buy a dud?

Per the post above:

Sorry about that. Try contacting Lenovo here: 877-453-6686. Make sure you register the laptop first or they won't assist you with a replacement/repair. Get a case number and the reps name if you've registered and they still won't help.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders