RetiredGuru

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RetiredGuru

Great for drying your car after washing it also!

SinnFein

quality posts: 21 Private Messages SinnFein
wwoot wrote:
P.S. I hope I'm not the jerk that SinnFein mentioned.

As long as you don't also use a leafblower year-round 1/2 hour after mowing the lawn. It's apparently necessary for this clown to blow every stray particle of debris from his driveway out into the street where passing cars eventually deposit in my driveway, then no - you aren't.

borntohunt

quality posts: 103 Private Messages borntohunt
ThunderThighs wrote:Yep. And here's my Rebate 101 Info

Thanks for the good Rebate reminder.

Manufacturer's Mail-In $30 Rebate

troy969

quality posts: 1 Private Messages troy969
cartman wrote:Gas-powered blowers are bad for the environment - and a complete friction' noise-pollution nuisance. Boo!

Someone is stealing your Prius. They are unwashed and wearing hemp clothes. Better go get them.

SinnFein

quality posts: 21 Private Messages SinnFein
troy969 wrote:Someone is stealing your Prius. They are unwashed and wearing hemp clothes. Better go get them.

Aren't those types all busy protesting (read: demanding free stuff)?

TampaNative

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TampaNative
Red_Six wrote:How much horse power can I expect to gain if I turbocharged my pickup with this leaf blower?

I'll guesstimate that you will gain 0.08 HP or less. But I'm hoping you'll prove me wrong! :D

borntohunt

For those who have considered 4-cycle outdoor power equipment alternatives, remember they are MUCH heavier for the convenience trade-off of just using normal pumped gas at service stations for fuel.

ibom

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ibom
PoAng wrote:I'm not sure I've seen a leaf blower that was not handheld.

commercial ones are backpacks with a long hose.

mrln

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mrln
Costner wrote:Yes because that coal burning power plan that provides the power to run the electric leaf blower is so much more green.

I would have expected a fellow wooter to know this--a coal plant is *substantially* more green for the same energy output compared to gas and diesel. It's not even close. For example, at vehicle and plant emission standards 8 years ago, the coal plant CO2 output was something like 40% of that equivalent vehicle energy use/output.

Coal plants aren't clean by any stretch compared to renewables and other tech, but compared to gas/diesel, they sure are. Also, as a massive energy plant, the point of pollution control at a coal plant is centrally controlled, unlike the thousands of vehicles roaming around (like classic vehicles, modified exhausts, or simply older 70s and 80s smog gassers). Also, the coal plant output is hundreds of feet in the air, not like 1-2 feet off the ground coming off a tailpipe or blower.

btw, I'm not someone adverse to using gas, given the amount of lawn equipment I have and use. I'd use electric lawn equipment if I found their durability and run times to be substantial, but they aren't there yet (I have a Worx hedge trimmer). But your observation on "green" is way way off.

glaziy2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glaziy2
PoAng wrote:I'm not sure I've seen a leaf blower that was not handheld.

They have backpack style ones...

robotbetty9

quality posts: 5 Private Messages robotbetty9
SinnFein wrote:Looks real good for $99. I'd be up for this as I need a handheld blower, but I am trying to get away from 2-stroke stuff. Been eyeing the Makita 4-stroke handheld blower.

I got a wheeled unit that just can't get everywhere.

Four strokes? Handheld blower? The mind wobbles.

--Robot Betty9
www.robots-and-androids.com for robot lovers and lovers of robots.

TampaNative

mohavemarv wrote:Progressive states like Florida have applied for stimulus $$ to replace their highway snow-plows with 12 of these mounted on the front bumper.

Funny, I literally LOLed 3 times. :D

tesla33

quality posts: 57 Private Messages tesla33
TampaNative wrote:"Every little bit counts" Imagine if everyone in this country reduced their carbon footprint by 2o% as your analogy above suggests?

I was on the fence as to whether your above quoted reply was sincere or sarcastic? You can take that as a compliment either way, as the finest/wittiest sarcasm leaves the reader/listener unsure, and in this case you have achieved this with me. Bravo!

The first problem is that most people don't have leaf blowers, and when they get them their carbon emissions shoot up. If you already have an even dirtier model, then replacing it with this would be a modest, completely inadequate improvement. Replacing it with an electric one would be so much better environmentally (no matter *what* the power plant uses as fuel) that anyone considering carbon emissions has to rule out these things automatically.

The second problem is that if buying one of these would cut your personal carbon footprint by 20%, then you must currently be removing leaves with a full-sized diesel frontloader.

Krumlov

quality posts: 44 Private Messages Krumlov

With Fall approaching quickly, this will be VERY helpful!

Need me some Boxes Of Condoms!

eneal10

quality posts: 4 Private Messages eneal10
sixdolla wrote:I can't buy one of these because this plus the lawnmower in the garage will have my wife under the impression that I'm capable of doing the yard instead of the gardner.

I'm not sure that you are getting your point across. I am confused what you are willing to "do".

lignit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lignit
tesla33 wrote:The problem is that most people don't have leaf blowers, and when they get them their carbon emissions shoot up. If you already have an even dirtier model, then replacing it with this would be a modest, completely inadequate improvement. Replacing it with an electric one would be so much better environmentally (no matter *what* the power plant uses as fuel) that anyone considering carbon emissions has to rule out these things automatically.

..easiest way to reduce the carbon footprint is to quit reproducing

tesla33

quality posts: 57 Private Messages tesla33
lignit wrote:..easiest way to reduce the carbon footprint is to quit reproducing

That's what I did (vasectomy), but most Americans seem to find reproduction the only thing at which they have some success. They just can't stop.

eneal10

quality posts: 4 Private Messages eneal10
borntohunt wrote:For those who have considered 4-cycle outdoor power equipment alternatives, remember they are MUCH heavier for the convenience trade-off of just using normal pumped gas at service stations for fuel.

Don't forget about the planet! Four-stroke engines make Al Gore feel warm and fuzzy.

Gladeye

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Gladeye

Take a giant technological step backwards in both noise and air pollution with this lil bastard.

quartermane

quality posts: 6 Private Messages quartermane

With a skateboard and a sail, how many miles per gallon can I get with this contraption?

prosperouscheat

quality posts: 41 Private Messages prosperouscheat
Costner wrote:Electric Pros:
No messy gas and oil to mix.
Less noise.
No fumes.
No concerns about off-season storage or spring start-up.
No issues starting (just flip a switch).

Electric Cons:
Limited mobility - you can only go as far as your longest extension cord.
Cord seems to always get stuck on bushes and creates a tripping hazard.
Less power.

Gas Pros:
More power.
Unlimited mobility.

Gas Cons:
Generally more expensive.
Requires gas and oil mixture.
Louder.
Can be difficult to start.
Needs to be winterized to prevent issues in the spring.
Heavier to handle.
Due to exhaust, it shouldn't be used indoors for speed-drying the cat.

There's also propane as an option - Lehr make one that runs on 1lb propane canisters.

Propane Pros:
No messy gas and oil to mix.
Less noise than gas (a little less).
No fumes.
No concerns about off-season storage or spring start-up.
Easy starting (not as easy as electric).
Same mobility and about the same power as gas.

Propane Cons:
More expensive for the blower but may be cheaper to run if you refill your 1lb canisters from a larger tank.
Louder than electric.
Heavier than electric.
Probably shouldn't be used indoors for speed-drying the cat.
More maintenance than electric - you have to keep the oil topped up and change it once in a while.

TampaNative

tesla33 wrote:The first problem is that most people don't have leaf blowers, and when they get them their carbon emissions shoot up. If you already have an even dirtier model, then replacing it with this would be a modest, completely inadequate improvement. Replacing it with an electric one would be so much better environmentally (no matter *what* the power plant uses as fuel) that anyone considering carbon emissions has to rule out these things automatically.

The second problem is that if buying one of these would cut your personal carbon footprint by 20%, then you must currently be removing leaves with a full-sized diesel frontloader.

Firstly, I only own two electric blowers and no gas. Secondly my comment about the 20 percent cut in your foot print was based only on your 15 versus 20 SUV (or whatever it was) analogy as I stated in the same sentence you pulled the "footprint by 20%" from. Please reread my post in it's entirety as anyone can dissect or spin any statement to seem boooooic. Again, I took no more liberties in my comparison to your analogy (which I don't think you intended as being a fair/equivalent comparison and more an exaggeration, so I felt free to equally exaggerate?) than you did initially, and I didn't dissect what you posted, I quoted you.

I had no intentions of offending orf making this personal and hope I didn't and that you feel the same.

sdc100

quality posts: 502 Private Messages sdc100

This is probably the most phallic looking Woot ever. Even the comments are full of phallic and Freudian allusions.

TGHanks wrote:Is this something like the oft-described cordless SCREWdriver?

PoAng wrote:I'm not sure I've seen a leaf blower that was not HANDHELD.

stancol wrote:That SUCKS....I mean BLOWS.

miken927 wrote:Does the 2 STROKE require mixing oil with the gas?

duckfanbuck

quality posts: 2 Private Messages duckfanbuck

I'm buying one, removing the muffler and plan on blowing my leaves around the neighborhood at 4am: It's payback time!

mrln

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mrln
tesla33 wrote:The first problem is that most people don't have leaf blowers, and when they get them their carbon emissions shoot up.

Shoot up from a leaf blower? Seriously? That makes no sense. The average person using this regularly for grass and leaves likely uses less than 6 gallons of gasoline an entire year. These devices are convenience devices to get work done faster. Contrary to what you may believe, they are not significant contributors whatsoever, not compared to a typical household's electricity usage, hot water demands, Prius, driving behavior, home heating/AC units, buying non-local food, etc. 6 gallons is nothing compared to the other massive CO2 sinks people have.

There are other, far easier ways to not burn 6 gallons of fuel than to negate a leaf blower purchase.

And if most people are like me, getting yard stuff done faster means more time for other home projects and maintenance, most centered around saving energy whether it be vehicle or home maintenance or improvements.

sdc100

Krumlov wrote:With Fall approaching quickly, this will be VERY helpful!

Fall has already approached (Sept 23) and is passing you by!

mjonatzke

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mjonatzke

mantequilla!

word.

disturbed0ne

quality posts: 9 Private Messages disturbed0ne

I, too, thought of South Park.

Just remember to blow them into a pile, not just back and forth across the yard.

asianglow

quality posts: 2 Private Messages asianglow

Has there ever been an electric blower woot?

borntohunt

This tool is definitely a much safer way for cleaning out the gutters & sweeping off debris on top of a home.

TampaNative

quartermane wrote:With a skateboard and a sail, how many miles per gallon can I get with this contraption?

That would depend on the topography of the path you'll take one way, but should equal out on a round trip. If you try it? Let us know, as it sounds like fun if nothing else.

sdc100

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 543 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

whatsamattaU wrote:How did you get these images (or others like this) when you posted this rebate info back in January?

Edit: I haven't found them through searching the site yet, but maybe I'm doing it too inefficiently.

Those images are in my personal photobucket account.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

TampaNative

mjonatzke wrote:mantequilla!

Butter? I don't get this one, but then I don't get a lot anyway. :D

ionman

quality posts: 21 Private Messages ionman

Of course you should follow the manufacturer's instructions. But winter storage of small engines is generally very simple:

For 2-Cycle engines:
- Empty most of the gas out of the tank back to your gas can. Restart the motor and run it until it runs out of gas. Let cool.
- Clean dirt from around engine.
- Wash or replace the air filter.
- Check/clean the spark plug, re-gap or replace if needed.
- Check the condition of all parts, in particular the condition of the fuel line. Repair any problems.

For 4-Cycle engines:
- Same as for 2-Cycle engines but also change the oil.

In either case, the motor will be ready to go the next time you want to use it. Just gas-n-go.

Batman4oz

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Batman4oz

I have a broom and a rake. Thanks anyway.

But, Do let me know when they put up a Roomba Lawn Mower!

^^X^^

Wooting for Bat Capes
JUDY-ism...the Only Religion I need!
WWJD...What Would JUDY Do?!
thebatcaveofoz.us
^^X^^

asianglow

quality posts: 2 Private Messages asianglow

Funny how the color of this Woot and the Shirt.Woot match!

http://shirt.woot.com/shirts/haunted-scarecrow

sdc100

mjonatzke wrote:mantequilla!

TampaNative wrote:Butter? I don't get this one, but then I don't get a lot anyway. :D

It's referring to the fact that most people who own Hitachi gas-powered blowers also shop in supermarkets that sell butter.

Just kidding. It's a reerence to the South Park episode, "The Last of the Meheecans." A character named Butters pretends to be Mexican, calling himself Mantequilla (which is Spanish for butter). In one scene, he operates a leaf blower as he sings

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1068 Private Messages whatsamattaU
ThunderThighs wrote:Those images are in my personal photobucket account.

Oh, hope I didn't create an issue for you. I've heard about the site, but this is the first time I actually looked around photobucket. Cute icons, regardless. Considering the rebate posts you had to deal with that day, I'm not surprised you used the icons. I'll stop being a distraction after this.

wheresmyburrito

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wheresmyburrito

that picture makes me a little uncomfortable......