0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Lock & Lock BPA-Free Airtight Stackable 28-Piece Set
$14.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

vipermjb

quality posts: 40 Private Messages vipermjb

Love these for shipping baked goods to loved ones, and not so loved ones during the holidays.

wootaddict

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wootaddict

Meh--poor offering tonight. You can easily find BPA-free containers like these at the dollar store now.

deemery

quality posts: 2 Private Messages deemery

I have some of this design (I don't know if they're the same maker), and sometimes the lids don't fit right. They're either too hard to get on, or worse they won't stay latched. I'm not saying -these items- have that problem, it's a general observation on the latch.

dae1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dae1

Say what?

First sucker: t3hdavid
Speed to first woot: 0m 53.827s
Last wooter to woot: t3hdavid
Last purchase time: 12:00:53 AM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 51.537s
Woot wage: $19,701,612.43
Woots sold: 1

alien88

quality posts: 18 Private Messages alien88

These are most excellent for use as Geocache containers!

wooters.us - scoring more bags of Koi for you than others.

zxinfinity

quality posts: 18 Private Messages zxinfinity

lol, seriously? i bought some of these a while ago and haven't gotten to use them, but they always sell out so quickly that i was about to jump on it again... why? i have no idea.

looks like i wasn't the only one who thought the exact same thing

axphw1

quality posts: 12 Private Messages axphw1

What are the odds they contain a magic Gennie?

Calcartman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Calcartman
Calcartman wrote:They made 19 million dollars from 1 woot? something is off...

Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: t3hdavid
Speed to first woot: 0m 53.827s
Last wooter to woot: t3hdavid
Last purchase time: 12:00:53 AM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 51.537s
Woot wage: $19,701,612.43
Woots sold: 1

cowboyesfan

quality posts: 10 Private Messages cowboyesfan
wootaddict wrote:Meh--poor offering tonight. You can easily find BPA-free containers like these at the dollar store now.

Don't trust everything you get at the Dollar store...people didn't buy that stuff in the first place for a reason you know.

FenchurchE

quality posts: 1 Private Messages FenchurchE
alien88 wrote:These are most excellent for use as Geocache containers!

That's what we get them for, too!

iSpoiler09

quality posts: 4 Private Messages iSpoiler09

According to the Wootdar. Texas bought all of them. We expect you to be mailing all of us left over bbq with all of those containers.

terrenceistheman

quality posts: 15 Private Messages terrenceistheman

these are way better than the Pop-and-Lock containers I have which are always trying to dance.

mkentosh

quality posts: 310 Private Messages mkentosh

I make giant ice cubes with mine!

lfries

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lfries

Are these microwave safe?

mcmaggie1501

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mcmaggie1501

Hooray!!! Something to store all that Halloween candy that I'm going to steal from my kids in....

christopher6453

quality posts: 0 Private Messages christopher6453
iSpoiler09 wrote:According to the Wootdar. Texas bought all of them. We expect you to be mailing all of us left over bbq with all of those containers.

WooHoo!! I got one

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby

Sorry about the hiccup, folks! We have a lot more than one of these available. Woot on!

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

peaceetc

quality posts: 7 Private Messages peaceetc

Only one? I didn't want any, anyway, Woot. Do you hear me??

Oh, no, wait. There are more. Forget it, Woot. You had your chance, but it's gone now. You can't tease me like this and expect me to stick around.

Until tomorrow, that is.

I've won a lot of bags of crud. Envy me.

pragmatist007

quality posts: 4 Private Messages pragmatist007
terrenceistheman wrote:these are way better than the Pop-and-Lock containers I have which are always trying to dance.

Particularly when the Axle F theme is playing.

bbbethhh

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bbbethhh

What happened to the Slumberjack Emergency Cot? I'm sure I looked at 1:01 and it was there and now it's plastic storage containers?

Titanania

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Titanania

Now that they have stock, it's not nearly as appealing a purchase. The charm of being the only one with a 19 million dollar plastic ware set has been lost.

therealjrn

quality posts: 39 Private Messages therealjrn

$45.50 at the mother ship

1st Birthday of Celebrations finally! Happy 10th Woot!

borntohunt

quality posts: 103 Private Messages borntohunt

As I clicked & scanned thru the photos connected to the Woot description at 1st I thought I saw food items in the containers, but then it started looking like office supplies in them.

Is this for food or NON-food items, or for both???

If for food, then are these microwave safe or not?

EDIT: I see in the description about them being stackable in the "cupboard, refrigerator and freezer" so I see they are for food.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1069 Private Messages whatsamattaU

Sellout woot: August 20, VERY popular (if you don't get the hint, they sold out by morning)
http://deals.woot.com/deals/details/b0f2390b-c0a1-4b2e-9bae-0ee1019afd17/lock-lock-bpa-free-airtight-stackable-28-piece-set

Woot off October 11, less helpful:
http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4665250

For more general comments about the company, similar woot for 18 piece in September from same company:
http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?PostID=4618199&PageIndex=1&ReplyCount=330#post4618208

galacius29

quality posts: 1 Private Messages galacius29
borntohunt wrote:Is this for food or NON-food items, or for both???

I already own this set but i just bought another two. Yes Microwave Safe and Yes Dishwasher Safe!

Zetabee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Zetabee

Are these guys the ones that are glass and have plastic lids, or the ones that are all made out of plastic?

wootchawant

quality posts: 67 Private Messages wootchawant

in for three and wishing i could buy more! this is a good deal (as usual). real lock & lock brand storage containers merit their sterling reputation--they are truly airtight and watertight; they work fantastically in the microwave, fridge, and freezer; they are BPA free; and they last for a long time. lock & locks are perfect for virtually any storage need. seriously. i can't believe i'm writing so much about containers, but these are great...

so wootchawootchawootchawant?! you're so funny with that money that you flaunt...

magesu

quality posts: 1 Private Messages magesu
lfries wrote:Are these microwave safe?

The description says its microwave safe for reheating purposes only...not for cooking

Also, don't lock the lids on while reheating unless you like to see food explosions in your microwave

gakmail

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gakmail

These are great containers. I have owned a few of them in the past and always wanted a whole set, but they have gotten increasingly more difficult to find. The ones I have are marked freezer, dishwasher, and microwave safe.
Excellent for travel if your food might decide to turn upside-down in whatever bag or case it is in.

robotbetty9

quality posts: 5 Private Messages robotbetty9

Tupperware, Tupperware, Tupperware!

There, I said it and I'm proud I did.

This are good for holding batteries, nuts, bolts, transistors, diodes, thumb drives, duct tape, and spare fingers for those days when you just can't keep it all together.

|] (evil robot smile)

--Robot Betty9
www.robots-and-androids.com for robot lovers and lovers of robots.

mabrey123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mabrey123

Lock & Lock are Fantastic. Have had some over 10 years and they have never broken. Yes -Dishwasher & Microwave safe.

SmartBugger

quality posts: 2 Private Messages SmartBugger

What does it mean it is microwave safe for reheating only?

In other words.. don't put it in the microwave for an hour to cook your pork tenderloin (Why you would do that in the first place is beyond me... but I suspect some wooters are guilty of it).

gakmail

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gakmail
Zetabee wrote:Are these guys the ones that are glass and have plastic lids, or the ones that are all made out of plastic?

All Plastic

kahluabomb

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kahluabomb
Zetabee wrote:Are these guys the ones that are glass and have plastic lids, or the ones that are all made out of plastic?

All plastic. That's why it says BPA free.

wootchawant

quality posts: 67 Private Messages wootchawant
magesu wrote:The description says its microwave safe for reheating purposes only...not for cooking

Also, don't lock the lids on while reheating unless you like to see food explosions in your microwave

i've never seen a lock & lock explode, but when i first started microwaving in them, i neglected to loosen the top of one and had it permanently seal itself together. bye-bye dinner and container! lesson learned... <=|

p.s. lock & locks really do work well in the microwave; just don't use a lid when you reheat, or turn the lid upside down.

so wootchawootchawootchawant?! you're so funny with that money that you flaunt...

maldito

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maldito
lfries wrote:Are these microwave safe?

■Containers and lids are microwave safe (for reheating only)

ozmotion

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ozmotion
borntohunt wrote:As I clicked & scanned thru the photos connected to the Woot description at 1st I thought I saw food items in the containers, but then it started looking like office supplies in them.

Is this for food or NON-food items, or for both???

These are for food items.

They are "microwave-safe", but no plastic is completely safe at high temperature. Heat your items carefully and you should be fine. But any heat will accelerate plastic degradation.

thaskaman

quality posts: 15 Private Messages thaskaman
kahluabomb wrote:All plastic. That's why it says BPA free.

Does BPA pose a risk to human health?

Safety assessments of bisphenol A (BPA) conclude that the potential human exposure to BPA from polycarbonate plastics and epoxy resins is more than 400 times lower than the safe level of BPA set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. This minimal level of exposure to BPA poses no known risk to human health.

The use of polycarbonate plastic and epoxy resins for food contact applications has been and continues to be recognized as safe by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, the European Commission's Scientific Committee on Food, the United Kingdom Food Standards Agency, and other regulatory agencies worldwide.

Am I exposed to BPA from polycarbonate plastics?

Researchers from government agencies, academia, and industry worldwide have studied the potential for bisphenol A (BPA) to migrate from polycarbonate products into foods and beverages. These studies consistently show that the potential migration of BPA into food is extremely low, generally less than 5 parts per billion under conditions typical for uses of polycarbonate products. At this level, a consumer would have to ingest more than 1,300 pounds of food and beverages in contact with polycarbonate every day for an entire lifetime to exceed the safe level of BPA set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Consequently, human exposure to BPA from polycarbonate plastics is minimal and poses no known health risk.

The use of polycarbonate plastic for food contact applications continues to be recognized as safe by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, the European Commission Scientific Committee on Food, the United Kingdom Food Standards Agency, the Japan Ministry for Health and Welfare and other regulatory authorities worldwide.

...just as general info's =)

Cheers!