6%
5%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

socks.mark

quality posts: 5 Private Messages socks.mark

Anyone know if Beats audio makes a difference? I see it advertised quite a bit, but haven't had a chance to experience it yet.

Love the 9 cell, though.

(P.S. w00t is apparently having some time issues. My post appeared further up than a bunch of posts that I saw while I was posting. Odd)

borntohunt

quality posts: 103 Private Messages borntohunt

ieee488

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ieee488

Very tempting, but can't justify yet another 17" laptop. Bought a used one about 2 weeks ago from Dell on eBay with T8600 dual core cpu which doesn't have as good specs but was $100 cheaper.

borntohunt

Welcome back Woot! We've missed you since 3pm Eastern time & since 2pm Central time yesterday. Hope all is well & that you are feeling better now.

onefastbob

quality posts: 2 Private Messages onefastbob

Glad you are back, thought Woot went bust!

woncoolone

quality posts: 716 Private Messages woncoolone

woncoolone

quality posts: 716 Private Messages woncoolone

When will Woot! return?
We know as soon as they can,
Money to be made.

kokeman36

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kokeman36

A good review at PC Mag

PC Mag Review

sperzel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sperzel

Single piece mouse pad is a pain when trying to hold left or right click. Other than that nice machine.

kokeman36

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kokeman36

A referb for $550 + $20 shipping at dealspl.us

DEALSPL.US

borntohunt

Kinda funny how the time stamp keeps changing on my previous posts. After my 1st post to welcome back Woot, there were no other posts & it was all by itself. Then all of the sudden 1 other post appeared with an earlier time stamp, then a 2nd post appeared with another earlier post than mine. When I entered my 2nd later post about the product website, it somehow magically appeared before my 1st post with an earlier time stamp. Guess there's still some gremblings in the system from yesterday's Woot maintenance getting worked out.

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan

Was a Massive Woot Blackout! I think the worst in the history of woot!

I couden't sleep!

birdoprey5

quality posts: 11 Private Messages birdoprey5

In for one... No USB3 but eSATA close enough. Will replace an HP laptop from 2006,

rejiii

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rejiii

At last, the old familiar green screen is back. I missed you. Pathetic huh?

specsmachine

quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine

I really need a laptop. I am so tempted.

brainstem8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brainstem8

What, no blu-ray..Stale Candy

sambo989

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sambo989
brainstem8 wrote:What, no blu-ray..Stale Candy

I am in for 2

i dont own any blu ray discs anyhow.

should be decent for my wife and mother in law.

penguinart1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages penguinart1

Did Woot catch a cold in the recent cold? Glad to see it feels better.

Ask4Fish

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Ask4Fish
socks.mark wrote:Anyone know if Beats audio makes a difference? I see it advertised quite a bit, but haven't had a chance to experience it yet.

I have the HP Envy 17, which basically has the same form factor and Beats audio.

The sound is better than your average laptop, but not deserving of the hype from HP. My previous laptop was a Dell Studio XPS, and that had much better sound.

IMHO, this is a killer price for a 17" LED laptop.

djrmsn

quality posts: 21 Private Messages djrmsn

BEHEMOTH in weight - but 9 cell battery! Great for an RV or replacement desktop.

borntohunt

I do not like to post anything that is negative & remember that this is ONLY 1 person's experience in the review below.

Costco Review for Refurbished HP DV7-4263CL Laptop but remember on the positive side is that HP Support took care of the problem on 1 of 'em but there was no problem on the 2nd one that was purchased at the same time.

Let me follow up that we have two refurbished HP 17.3" notebooks from Woot for our family where one has an AMD dual-core processor & one has an Intel dual-core processor, and we have not had any problems with them although I'll qualify this with we do no use them as often as the refurbished HP quad-core CPU desktop computers that we have had no problems with, too.

catiecat15

quality posts: 0 Private Messages catiecat15

At almost 9 lbs. this notebook is a porker! Specs make it tempting but no way I could lug this around all the time

socks.mark

quality posts: 5 Private Messages socks.mark
Ask4Fish wrote:I have the HP Envy 17, which basically has the same form factor and Beats audio.

The sound is better than your average laptop, but not deserving of the hype from HP. My previous laptop was a Dell Studio XPS, and that had much better sound.

IMHO, this is a killer price for a 17" LED laptop.

Thanks! That's kind of what I figured - I'll never be happy with laptop sound, but above average sound does make this more tempting for me.

sunrise

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sunrise

No one going to comment on the great picture of a Chicago stuffed pizza picture? Makes me want a Giordano's right now! Too bad I'm stuck on the east coast.

djrmsn

quality posts: 21 Private Messages djrmsn
sunrise wrote:No one going to comment on the great picture of a Chicago stuffed pizza picture? Makes me want a Giordano's right now! Too bad I'm stuck on the east coast.

Oh I share your sentiments! Giordano's (Rush Street location)ruined me for pizza ANYwhere else (excepting possibly Rome).

Barbierella

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Barbierella

Just purchased this for a Christmas present for my son. Does anyone know if HP ever starts the 90-day warranty period when a gift is received instead of when the purchaser receives it? I can buy the SquareTrade warranty within 90 days of purchase so should be okay there but it would be better if I could start it after the 90-day period. Anyone know about that?

pooptydoo

quality posts: 3 Private Messages pooptydoo

pretty good deal if you want a 17.3 inch screen. and therein lies the rub, most likely. not very portable for many, but good as an "around the house" desktop replacement. and of course it can travel so its good for work and presentations if need be. but in this age of tablets, netbooks, ultra portables, and just plain smaller laptops, i can't see lugging one of these around on a daily / regular basis

the specs look decent, however. in case anyone is wondering who has been out of the loop, the processor should perform on par with the old AMD Athlon64X2 6400+, or on the intel side of things the Intel Core2 X6800. of newer processors it's on par with the AMD A4-3400, and a bit further behind the first gen intel Core I3 330.

so it has a decent processor. cooling and all that, who knows? nice it comes with a 9 cell battery, and it has plenty of RAM and a big hard drive. could be the perfect HTPC for someone. fair deal imo, but not the only one out there for the savvy shopper

ootandaboot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ootandaboot

How does the triple-core processor help on this laptop? The 2.0GHz speed is rather slow.

pooptydoo

ootandaboot wrote:How does the triple-core processor help on this laptop? The 2.0GHz speed is rather slow.

it won't, really. except for multi threaded programs and games, and for light to moderate multitasking

but it's plenty peppy for desktop duty. 2.0ghz notwithstanding, if one processor is busy opening / running one program another can open more, and so on. it's plenty fast for daily tasks, no doubt

poolboy610

quality posts: 0 Private Messages poolboy610

It's still a great deal, and is truly a great laptop! Better performance than the Dell. My only reason for not buying one is because it doesn't have Blu-Ray, and doesn't mention Bluetooth. Speakers on these newer HP's are pretty good with BeatsAudio. But I'd rather listen thru my BT headphones.
Welcome back indeed WOOT! (my buddy)

jimdowner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimdowner

Its an HP and it is refurbished you will rue the day you bought it if anything goes wrong

mkentosh

quality posts: 310 Private Messages mkentosh

You're back!!!!!

With a refurb.....just awesome

boonaerts

quality posts: 1 Private Messages boonaerts

Does it have Word?

Does the $5 shipping cover over seas? Like to Belgium, Europe?

pooptydoo

video presentation of a similar refurb model (4267 as opposed to 4272) with just about the exact same specs, including the processor and gpu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqmu5Gq_Q6Q

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Barbierella wrote:Just purchased this for a Christmas present for my son. Does anyone know if HP ever starts the 90-day warranty period when a gift is received instead of when the purchaser receives it? I can buy the SquareTrade warranty within 90 days of purchase so should be okay there but it would be better if I could start it after the 90-day period. Anyone know about that?

Warranties are always from date of purchase. This is important as people start buying things to put away for Christmas. Make sure you get them out of the box and test them immediately. For a computer, I'd use it a lot over a few days before putting it back in the box. That gives you time to charge the battery anyway which is a nice thing.

An extended warranty is probably worth considering in these instances where the warranty may run out before or shortly after the holidays.

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dwynne

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dwynne
woncoolone wrote: CPU Benchmarks

Pretty weak. Keep in mind that most apps only run on a single core and the benchmarks are aggregate scores of all the cores. So a dual core with a similar benchmark would run most stuff "faster".

90 day warranty :-(

Barbierella

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Barbierella
ThunderThighs wrote:Warranties are always from date of purchase. This is important as people start buying things to put away for Christmas. Make sure you get them out of the box and test them immediately. For a computer, I'd use it a lot over a few days before putting it back in the box. That gives you time to charge the battery anyway which is a nice thing.

An extended warranty is probably worth considering in these instances where the warranty may run out before or shortly after the holidays.

Thanks much, TT--I'll bang on it quite a bit the first few days then again before the warranty runs out. Great idea to charge the battery before I give it to him too.

keystone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keystone

I have to say that I LOVE mine. I have the dv7 4267cl model and have been using it since January. Battery life is amazing....yes I really get 5 to 6 hours on 1 charge. The big screen is great if you watch a lot of videos or if you use 2 windows side-by-side often. I edit websites and find it is easier to work with the larger screen. Yes it is heavy, especially compared to my old netbook, but it is worth it for all the features in this unit. I paid about $800 for mine so this WOOT is a real steal!

They're still there and we're still here...till they all come home.
keystonesoldiers.com

Disconnect

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Disconnect

Anyone know if it can be set up as a hackintosh?