2%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
ISO 7X Isometric Workout Bar
$7.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

abstevens

quality posts: 10 Private Messages abstevens

Here is a Video

Have fun with the Infomercial

aaa121

quality posts: 2 Private Messages aaa121

wow...straight off an infomercial. At least it's better than shake weight (my next white elephant christmas gift)

pinchecat

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pinchecat

PRO TIP: No matter how many 7 second sessions you go through, you will never build a physique like the guy in the video using nothing but this "Workout Bar".

axphw1

quality posts: 12 Private Messages axphw1

middlehead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages middlehead

Reviews over here say it works fairly well but that actually getting into the higher tension ranges (with leg exercises initially) creates noticeable wear on the spring and eventually weakens the unit.

But you can get three here for the same price as shipping one from there, so it might be worth at least two if you think you'll be able to stress the thing.

modelagus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages modelagus

Best price on Ebay is $34.00

Bosque

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Bosque

Between this and Sellout, I think Woot is trying to tell me something. Fine, I will go for a run tomorrow, Woot. Just get off my case.

timmyvee

quality posts: 7 Private Messages timmyvee

If it isn't the amazing Bullworker!

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

What sorts of exercises do you DO with one of these? Is it a similar resistance-style exercise tool to resistance bands?

Also, my initial thought was "Can I put it in a doorframe and do pull-ups?".

healthylaugh

quality posts: 1 Private Messages healthylaugh

http://drmirkin.blogspot.com/2006...ctive.html

Monday, March 06, 2006
Are isometric exercises effective?

Isometric exercise means that you push against something that doesn't move, such as a wall. Thirty years ago, most weightlifters and athletes is sports requiring strength used isometric training to make themselves stronger. Athletes don't use isometric training much anymore. The strength gained through performing isometric contractions is only within 20 degrees of the angle you hold. On the other hand, when you lift weights, you become strong through a wide range of motion. Isometrics cause your blood pressure to rise higher than the other methods of strength training. If you have weak blood vessels or heart trouble, you can rupture a blood vessel or develop an irregular heart beat.

According to Dr. John D. Fair, Chairman of the Department of History at Auburn University, the popularity of isometrics was the result of the success of some weightlifters who took synthetic male hormones called anabolic steroids and then claimed that their isometric exercises made them strong. They claimed that they were doing a revolutionary new training method of pushing against bars that didn't move. The steroids made them stronger by helping them to recover faster from tough workouts so they could do more work. The only stimulus to make a muscle stronger is to exercise that muscle against resistance. You can lift heavy weights, push against special strength machines and push against something that doesn't move, such as a wall or bar attached to the ground. Isometrics are not used much any more, but the steroids are still used, even though they are banned by most sport authorities.

mmoconnor

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mmoconnor

Here is a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj0bPcestxY&feature=player_embedded

Most links seem to be affiliate links but here are some helpful ones:

http://www.mrasseenontv.com/as-seen-on-tv-iso7x-fitness-p-202.htm

http://www.amazon.com/ISO-7X-Isometric-Workout-Bar/dp/B002TWC2J4

bluejester

quality posts: 558 Private Messages bluejester
Moueska wrote:What sorts of exercises do you DO with one of these? Is it a similar resistance-style exercise tool to resistance bands?

Also, my initial thought was "Can I put it in a doorframe and do pull-ups?".

I was wondering the same thing. My younger brother works out a bit, and recently got a resistance band for his birthday. I saw this come up and was considering doing a bit of early Christmas shopping. However, I don't want to grab something that is all gimmick and no substance.

Anyone out there have personal experience with this device?

Batman4oz

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Batman4oz
timmyvee wrote:If it isn't the amazing Bullworker!

Yes! I've been wanting to mention this since this popped up, but the comments section would not work for me till just now!
I actually Had a Bullworker...40 years ago! And it cost me $30 back then!
Everything Old is New again...even Us!

^^X^^

Wooting for Bat Capes
JUDY-ism...the Only Religion I need!
WWJD...What Would JUDY Do?!
thebatcaveofoz.us
^^X^^

luk3d4wg

quality posts: 6 Private Messages luk3d4wg

I bought one of these a year or two ago because I had some credit at my local sporting good store after purchasing stuff for P90X. While it will give you an isometric workout, the number of exercises are pretty limited and it's really uncomfortable to use. Honestly, I'd save the money and buy some used dumbbells or cheap resistance bands.

This piece of equipment can supplement a home gym, but not replace it (at all).

asacheson@anderson.edu

quality posts: 2 Private Messages asacheson@anderson.edu

The amazing thing about this is the wide range of uses!

XKCD

tylink

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tylink

In for 2. Make a great Christmas gift.

bluejester

quality posts: 558 Private Messages bluejester
luk3d4wg wrote:I bought one of these a year or two ago because I had some credit at my local sporting good store after purchasing stuff for P90X. While it will give you an isometric workout, the number of exercises are pretty limited and it's really uncomfortable to use. Honestly, I'd save the money and buy some used dumbbells or cheap resistance bands.

This piece of equipment can supplement a home gym, but not replace it (at all).

Uncomfortable to use could describe all exercise equipment. ;) In all seriousness though, would you say that there is a risk of minor injury?

hippie19

quality posts: 21 Private Messages hippie19

I remember my dad had one of these from before I was born.

hushpuppy20

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hushpuppy20

This may be a first! Useful comments in YouTube Feedback! From a video someone already posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj0bPcestxY&feature=player_embedded

Talk of shoulder injuries from the "awkward" exercises and the wrong chart in the box, which they then had to fax to the company to have replaced. I'm glad I didn't impulse buy this! I almost did, for the price.

Maybe buy one as a gift for an enemy? Who wants tendinitis for Christmas?

ginawoot

quality posts: 17 Private Messages ginawoot

*Ding-ding-ding*! You are correct, sir!!

My dad had one of these that he never used again after the initial spasm of excitement. I would pull it out of the closet once in a while; it seemed effective, but it was mind-numbingly boring to hold one static position after another. Nonetheless, it made many moves with us before it met an unknown fate. My verdict: you might be glad to have this if you were in solitary confinement, but otherwise probably not so much.

donwillner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages donwillner

I was just wondering whatever happened to the Bullworker from the '70's. Maybe next week they'll be selling pet rocks.

jeninmaine

quality posts: 10 Private Messages jeninmaine
Bosque wrote:Between this and Sellout, I think Woot is trying to tell me something. Fine, I will go for a run tomorrow, Woot. Just get off my case.

Your avatar does look like he's wearing a sweatband. Then I realized it's probably an egg. Oh well

ironbear

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ironbear

I currently own a similar device first sold in the 1960's and it's quite useful. Isometrics are very effective for increasing muscle size and moderately helpful for strength gains. This is a different form of exercise from standard resistance or weight training and feels different. Rather than performing sets, you are performing a single, intense compression of the device for each exercise and holding in compressed mode for 7-10 seconds. As with all exercise programs, it is absolutely necessary to start light and work toward more intense compressions to avoid injury. I still own my old, similar unit, and just bought one of these to take on the road with me. Best travel gym I know of.

luk3d4wg

bluejester wrote:Uncomfortable to use could describe all exercise equipment. ;) In all seriousness though, would you say that there is a risk of minor injury?

Not any more than any other exercise equipment. I'm no bodybuilder, but aside from squeezing this thing out in front of you, most of the other suggested poses are really awkward. Pulling on those bands attached to this thing for resistance? What a joke.

The $12 would be much better spent toward something like the Supreme 90 Day DVD set if you're looking for overall fitness.

bpittler

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bpittler

I have a recent right shoulder injury, that will probably involve rotator cuff surgery in the not too distant future. I'm going through a regimen of physical therapy & my right shoulder resistance is being measured against that of my left at the PT gym.

It seems that this device, with it's graphic scale might help me do a measurement comparison at home periodically, before or after my home excercises routine, for just checking resistance, not trying to build strength. I'm in for one anyway, & I'll show it to my Orthopedic Surgeon first, but CAN ANYONE COMMENT ON MY THOUGHTS ABOVE ?? Thanks

Batman4oz

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Batman4oz
sxkmsxkm wrote:(Mod: Please don't quote spam, that's counterproductive to your point!

I am hoping that this Spam Post will be deleted and the poster banned....I would also like there to be some Mention here when this Does happen...I think it would make those who actually follow the rules happy!

^^X^^

Wooting for Bat Capes
JUDY-ism...the Only Religion I need!
WWJD...What Would JUDY Do?!
thebatcaveofoz.us
^^X^^

luk3d4wg

bpittler wrote:I have a recent right shoulder injury, that will probably involve rotator cuff surgery in the not too distant future. I'm going through a regimen of physical therapy & my right shoulder resistance is being measured against that of my left at the PT gym.

It seems that this device, with it's graphic scale might help me do a measurement comparison at home periodically, before or after my home excercises routine, for just checking resistance, not trying to build strength. I'm in for one anyway, & I'll show it to my Orthopedic Surgeon first, but CAN ANYONE COMMENT ON MY THOUGHTS ABOVE ?? Thanks

I've had surgery on both shoulders and have used the ISO. You'll have to be extremely careful using it at some angles, depending on your specific issue. Can't say I'd recommend this for working out if you have sensitive shoulders, but maybe as a simple measurement device is could be effective..

skytechrep

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skytechrep

'Meh"

stevef2222

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stevef2222
mrh3 wrote:Hmmmm...would this work for kegal exercises?

depends on the size of your kegal;-)

Aracos

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Aracos
Batman4oz wrote:I am hoping that this Spam Post will be deleted and the poster banned....I would also like there to be some Mention here when this Does happen...I think it would make those who actually follow the rules happy!

^^X^^

I tested the tattle button, but they'll probably just make another brand new account and do it again. That is a brand new user and the only post. Requiring one purchase on the account could help prevent spam like that, but wouldn't be fair to a legit new user that has questions before ordering.

witica

quality posts: 0 Private Messages witica

i used something similar to this back in high school. some of the exercises were a bit difficult, but it did help me build up some muscle. nothing to the extent of the guy pictured though.

alrey

quality posts: 4 Private Messages alrey
luk3d4wg wrote:
The $12 would be much better spent toward something like the Supreme 90 Day DVD set if you're looking for overall fitness.

Most of these 90 day programs cost $100 or more, so I was getting ready to scoff at your implication that $12 would put a dent into that sort of investment.

That "Supreme 90" thing, though, is only $25!
Dang. Seems like a steal.

(Though, obviously, those programs will require a decent equipment investment, even if it's just a couple resistance bands and a pull-up bar.)

rkstevens

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rkstevens

If this is like the Bullworker like some have mentioned, their website is a lot more informative and detailed and has some nice information on the exercises... worth checking out if you're interested in getting this.

http://www.thebullworker.com/

kat8480

quality posts: 9 Private Messages kat8480

A pogo stick?

roadhunter

quality posts: 14 Private Messages roadhunter

You will only be able to get about $3 for this when you sell it at a garage sale next summer. You will NOT use this, so DON'T buy it!

libertybelle

quality posts: 7 Private Messages libertybelle

i've spent 13 bucks on worse things- just may have to ante up on this.

textunclear

quality posts: 3 Private Messages textunclear

When I saw this at midnight I was wondering where the Wootoff lights were. At 630 I'm still curious...

lleifert

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lleifert

My father had that!