WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Review this Woot-Off:
  • 9.6% - **** THE GREATEST ECOMMERCE EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE 411
  • 30.8% - *** Would Woot-Off again! 1323
  • 23% - ** A minor effort. For completists only. 988
  • 14.7% - * I HATE IT AND YOU 630
  • 22% - I have no idea what you're talking about but I won't let that stop me from voting. 944
4296 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

matt1976

quality posts: 10 Private Messages matt1976

I've slept most of the way through this one. My wife and bank account are much happier that way.

heyjoie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages heyjoie

This Woot-Off has been quite a gift for me--I'm getting very little sleep as a result of piles of schoolwork and looming grad school application deadlines, and checking in on the Woot-Off has served as a cheerful distraction.

Plus, as a result of thie Woot-Off, I can now say I've purchased 144 glow sticks. If I ever run into that weird rave kid I had a crush on in high school, WE'LL FINALLY HAVE A TOPIC FOR CONVERSATION.

cancels

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cancels

Well, I didn't use to Woot but then once I started it's been impossible to stop. It hurts so good.

314edpiper

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 314edpiper
matt1976 wrote:I've slept most of the way through this one. My wife and bank account are much happier that way.

There is no possible way I can disagree with that statement.

I would say 'Good day,' but 'SUCK IT" sounds better...

314edpiper

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 314edpiper

Ever since woot! sold out to 'the man' the woot offs have been shallow and pedantic. The recycling of the same stuff each time and the sheer frequency of woot offs make it hard to get excited. And, to top it all off, the last 2 Bountiful Overflowing Cornucopia#39;s I have gotten have been exactly that. Before the sell out, the items were often more fun than functional and it was a good time had by all. I used to get up and play the woot off song for my kids and they would dance around singing at the top of their lungs wondering what magic wonders I would be able to purchase this time, but now they just here it and smile wondering how long it will take to be finished.

I would say 'Good day,' but 'SUCK IT" sounds better...

jasonkgme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jasonkgme

If the woot off just ended with the whimper it appears to have then I say it sucked.

knightmarcus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages knightmarcus
jasonkgme wrote:If the woot off just ended with the whimper it appears to have then I say it sucked.

Yeah it appears to have died with a whimper and I'll agree it sucked. Bring back the old woot-off's, they should have never sold out.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
knightmarcus wrote:Yeah it appears to have died with a whimper and I'll agree it sucked. Bring back the old woot-off's, they should have never sold out.

It could be worse... MUCH WORSE... I remember wootoffs where it was nothing but Zune accessories, where battery chargers for iphones were the rage, where they sold just about every imaginable iRobot thing...

At least we haven't had 2-3 sightings of inflatable giant screens or $1000 Shun knife sets. Wait, I just jinxed it, didn't I? Oops, back to the derby!

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser
knightmarcus wrote:
If the woot off just ended with the whimper it appears to have then I say it sucked.

Yeah it appears to have died with a whimper and I'll agree it sucked. Bring back the old woot-off's, they should have never sold out.

It hasn't ended yet... but, I would say, as usual "Worst Wootoff ever..."

crazyjake05

quality posts: 3 Private Messages crazyjake05

any woot-off is awesome.

Try the clean, easy to use, multi-site tracker with sound notifications. Super fast load times, beautiful interface, and fully customizable content.

Simple Woot Watcher

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

I guess since everything I want hasn't come up for less than half of its normal price, it's been lousy.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

widmer69

quality posts: 14 Private Messages widmer69
SkekTek wrote:It could be worse... MUCH WORSE... I remember wootoffs where it was nothing but Zune accessories, where battery chargers for iphones were the rage, where they sold just about every imaginable iRobot thing...

At least we haven't had 2-3 sightings of inflatable giant screens or $1000 Shun knife sets. Wait, I just jinxed it, didn't I? Oops, back to the derby!

I really hope they bring back Zune stuff. My OG Zune's battery is starting to last less and less every week. My first Woot purchase, and one of the best Woots. Zune HD please!

hooray beer!

meh3884

quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884

I'd say this is a pretty good review as far as woot off reviews go.

But I chose 1 star because I LIKE TO YELL. AT YOU, WOOT.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

nastyducky

quality posts: 8 Private Messages nastyducky
crazyjake05 wrote:any woot-off is awesome.

I agree, and I got one of the Milano wool blend rugs, so I'm beyond deliriously happy today. Whatever else this Woot does, it gave me the much-longed-for rug for my bedroom, and that makes up for everything.

Steph22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Steph22

Its amusing to watch and I am really hoping for a Bountiful Overflowing Cornucopia to show up

EDIT:

The Big ol' Cornucopia showed up and the server crashed every time i hit the big gold button to confirm my payment (9 times) so now I am wallowing in self pity and stare blankly out the window.

seamore2001

quality posts: 3 Private Messages seamore2001

Given that I've bought nothing so far during this woot off, I'd say its really only been useful as a distraction from boring projects at work. I'd hoped I'd find some useful Christmas gifts, this time around.

Xchoppers

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Xchoppers
seamore2001 wrote:Given that I've bought nothing so far during this woot off, I'd say its really only been useful as a distraction from boring projects at work. I'd hoped I'd find some useful Christmas gifts, this time around.

Ditto.........

benzaholic

quality posts: 2 Private Messages benzaholic
heyjoie wrote:This Woot-Off has been quite a gift for me--I'm getting very little sleep as a result of piles of schoolwork and looming grad school application deadlines, and checking in on the Woot-Off has served as a cheerful distraction.

Plus, as a result of thie Woot-Off, I can now say I've purchased 144 glow sticks. If I ever run into that weird rave kid I had a crush on in high school, WE'LL FINALLY HAVE A TOPIC FOR CONVERSATION.

Shoot. I was in for the full Monty last time and this time, too. I hadn't thought about it from that perspective. If I'm subjected to a lie detector or to some evil overlord's truth serum, I will have to admit that as old as I am, I bought 144 glowsticks in just a matter of weeks.

As for this WootOff, there seem to be a lot of onesies and twosies, which at least encourages you to pay attention.

It was also sneaky that they posted the survey before the expected violence of Los Ba_gos De Cra_pos.

X-WebTV-Stationery: Standard; BGColor=red; Background="http://yourfavoritescarypicture"; TextColor=red
I think... I think it's in my basement... Let me go upstairs and check. -- Escher

Waker1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Waker1

I thought the Woot-Offs were going downhill for the last 6-8 months. No Vornados (my favorite deal) and the prices on most of the products can be found cheaper elsewhere without beating an alarm.

I'll continue to support community deals and pop-in daily to catch what's shaken but you asked for an opinion.

Woot, Thank you for the crash course in formatting!

Waker1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Waker1

I thought the Woot-Offs were going downhill for the last 6-8 months. No Vornados (my favorite deal) and the prices on most of the products can be found cheaper elsewhere without beating an alarm.

I'll continue to support community deals and pop-in daily to catch what's shaken but you asked for an opinion.

Woot, Thank you for the crash course in formatting!

slibs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slibs

I miss the giant inflatable screens, and the Leakfrogs

Finally! My Bunnies Ogling Carrots
1 - x3 Barrel of Crops containing
1 - Platinum F22 Strike Fighter
1 - USS Intrepid, refurb
1 - Koko the Gorilla in Amazing Technicolor Dream Woot Cape

winterprkskier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages winterprkskier
slibs wrote:I miss the giant inflatable screens, and the Leakfrogs

I too miss Leakfrogs, and when magnetic desk toys were spherical, now they are only cubes. Come back old Woot-offs come back...

shelladair

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shelladair

Also, kids.woot is so mind-numbing, it defies description.

Um, also, the post that it says I made at 9:40pm today when it's only 3:47? Maybe one of your servers is having NTP problems or something, which may be why it's taking so flipping long to get new products up sometimes.

thumperchick

quality posts: 233 Private Messages thumperchick
314edpiper wrote:Ever since woot! sold out to 'the man' the woot offs have been shallow and pedantic.

Someone's been getting their vocabulary words from Family Guy again.

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 58 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus

awww...just missed the Bundle of Carrots...sad day :[

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

Batqween

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Batqween

Bountiful Overflowing Cornucopia is POS! Had a WootOff Checker open and got to the checkout page BEFORE Woot even had POS up on their site and I STILL didn't get sh*t. Screw you Woot, you just lost another customer.

jckeck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jckeck
thumperchick wrote:Someone's been getting their vocabulary words from Family Guy again.

You sir, are a festeezio.

On a side note: I enjoyed this woot-off. Gave me something exciting to do while I was distracted from chemistry homework.

benzaholic

quality posts: 2 Private Messages benzaholic

Yeah, Baby!
I was deemed worthy to order the Boundless Olympian Cauldron.

This is definitely THE GREATEST ECOMMERCE EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE.

X-WebTV-Stationery: Standard; BGColor=red; Background="http://yourfavoritescarypicture"; TextColor=red
I think... I think it's in my basement... Let me go upstairs and check. -- Escher

widmer69

quality posts: 14 Private Messages widmer69

I scored a Bountiful Overflowing Cornucopia so I'd like to change my vote to THE GREATEST ECOMMERCE EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE!!!

hooray beer!

zzt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zzt

I want a Big ol' Cornucopia!

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Too early to tell.

Was out when the crap came up. That is actually better then being here and not getting it.

Need to see if you put up the blender I need and a good new monkey.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

rolly14

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rolly14

i was a mere split second away from getting my first bag-0-crap. please get your servers updated. Feel free to pass on any idea of when the next bag-0-crap will be coming down the pipe.

angiert

quality posts: 0 Private Messages angiert

Tried to buy one thing, clicked on buy as soon as it came up.....sold out. (and it wasnt a Bountiful Overflowing Cornucopia. So far I have bought the electric knife that isnt even in the woot off and thats it!

sliderlee

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sliderlee

I find this particular poll particularly silly. None of the answers work for me. Not that I really get the whole silly poll thing anyhow, but this one seems less useful (interesting??) than the rest...

Or maybe it is just me. Meh.

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

Haven't been able to be around much, but from what I see reveiwing the items offered, it is one of the better wootoffs in a long time. More variety, less refurb, decent prices. I give it a B+. I no longer compare the wootoff of today with the 2004/5/6 variety.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

I got a Bucket Of Chicken AND 3 Blanket O Cowboys. Today was a good woot-off for me.

Thanks for fixing the servers up a lot. It was very nice to see the BofC here and gone in ~5 minutes instead of kicking around for an hour!

While it was still slow to make the order (about 3 minutes for me) I appreciated not getting any error messages or timing out on the order pages.

shelladair

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shelladair

I'm bored, Woot-off.

I get double-bored when it takes forever for a sold out item to leave the front page.

jwsparrow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jwsparrow

Once again work has prevented any participation on my part, as a realist I don't fret "might have been" only what may yet be.

spaceetracee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spaceetracee

The only thing I really wanted came up while I was at a baking class.

Anyone want to trade an Oomba for some flaky biscuits and butter cookies?