WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Sometimes, looking over some stupid piece of junk we're trying to get you to buy, you might have asked "is there NOTHING Woot won't sell?"

The answer: Yep! And, hey, it's sometimes hard to make that final call. These products put in a lot of effort to to get where they are, so it can be a difficult moment when we have to put one of them on the cut list.

Can be. It wasn't for the "Men Shaver," though.

Here staffers Jason and Sean show you that weird gizmo and a few of the other items we've passed on recently.

matt1976

quality posts: 10 Private Messages matt1976

Instead, that stuff goes into a box that is sold for cheap and is so popular that the demand for them outweighs the server capacity of woot.com.

I hope I get a Mr. Creepy in my upcoming Bountiful Overflowing Cornucopia

maball54

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maball54

made ne lol :D

WooT!

matthew

quality posts: 20 Private Messages matthew
matt1976 wrote:I hope I get a Mr. Creepy in my upcoming Bountiful Overflowing Cornucopia

Yeah, I kind of dig MR. CREEPY, too. It came with a cool custom die with game-related glyphs instead of numbers on it. I always like those.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I think this video could zoom to the top 5!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Linktoreality

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Linktoreality

My fiancee would probably like the My Little Phoney DS Lite case in our upcoming Basket of Crisps. I, on the other hand, would prefer a tablet PC... then again, which are we more likely to get? (Hint: the fiancee loves when I get Bountiful Overflowing Cornucopia#39;s)

Spaz6to8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Spaz6to8

who makes the music?

matthew

Spaz6to8 wrote:music?

All the music in our videos is created by what I like to call "the Woot Podcast Team" (to make it less obvious that it's just me, in case you hate it).

WilfBrim

quality posts: 18 Private Messages WilfBrim

Yup, I anticipate that some of this is going to show up in the Bountiful Overflowing Cornucopia. That NASCAR activity book is going to make somebody happy. Exactly who, I have no idea.

jukieklein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jukieklein

I wish I worked for Woot! It looks like so much fun. Plus I could get my hands on some of these rejected products!

DSuds

quality posts: 3 Private Messages DSuds

Not to crush anyone's hopes and dreams but I already scored the sweet backpack in a bin of checkers in the woot off before last.
And I think the sticker book would be less fun after having been applied to the staff. Although I fear opinions actually may vary on that...

--
Tried to kick my shirt.woot habit after buying 25 faster than I could store them. Now I have 19 regular woots, 2 wine woots and a Bucket of Candycorn and wine can't even be delivered to me.

constantvelocitty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages constantvelocitty

I totally would have bought that *stupid* back shaver. There I just insulted an item you decided not to sell. Is that the same Sean that instructs my online MBA program at Sean University? Awesome vid.

rayray099

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rayray099

That was hilarious. You guys are amazing dancers. And Barbie is my favorite!!1!

matthew

constantvelocitty wrote:Is that the same Sean that instructs my online MBA program

The very!

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I think I got one of those back shavers in a Bountiful Overflowing Cornucopia

I will have to check all my pictures.

What was in that dog thing?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

necoras

quality posts: 4 Private Messages necoras

Staff

I want that coffee table book... even though I don't have a coffee table. DON'T JUDGE ME.

delorap

quality posts: 1 Private Messages delorap

RayRay - I'd be willing to part with my sweet Barbie Baywatch Backpack that I received in my mystery shipment of fun last month. My 11yo son was not very impressed with it ;)

TikiSanchez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TikiSanchez

Hey, I wouldn't mind the Jimmie Johnson activity book and that scary skull head thingy...

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Someone missed the boat on that coffee table book of WoW art.

bsmith1

quality posts: 102 Private Messages bsmith1
DSuds wrote:Not to crush anyone's hopes and dreams but I already scored the sweet backpack in a bin of checkers in the woot off before last.

Me too. I guess since woot didn't technically sell them, they must be collectors items. Score!

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys

What's surprising is someone bought those pink pants!

panthiest

quality posts: 11 Private Messages panthiest

I would have bought 3 of the game with the skull.

edit: but only if it was significantly cheaper than the first place i found that sells it:

http://www.unclesgames.com/product_info.php/products_id/13240

Creeper1313

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Creeper1313
matt1976 wrote:
I hope I get a Mr. Creepy in my upcoming Bountiful Overflowing Cornucopia

+1. I reminds me of this "Monster Face" toy I loved in the 90's: http://hauntstyle.blogspot.com/2007/01/monster-face-toy.html

cappo

quality posts: 31 Private Messages cappo

Nice fake-out with the mailbox. I was like... hey wait a minute, I saw that for sale during my last two days without sle... er, last woot-off.

I like most of the music. I'm relatively new here but I've watched the older videos and I loved Mortimer's Amazon rap, Woot Birthday, Seattle, and Home.Woot song too!

The latter of which annoyed my friend in Alaska who now says the monkeys are taunting her that Woot doesn't ship to Alaska. hehe So you get extra points for tormenting her... but Woot loses points for not shipping to Alaska.

Turken

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken

Sigh. this only reminds me of how much I still miss the old daily audio wootcast. sure, the video was nice, but I want more of the quirky music!

Spaz6to8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Spaz6to8
matthew wrote:All the music in our videos is created by what I like to call "the Woot Podcast Team" (to make it less obvious that it's just me, in case you hate it).

Haha no i dig it.

KNRG

quality posts: 5 Private Messages KNRG

I would have seriously considered buying lots of that stuff....

KNRG

quality posts: 5 Private Messages KNRG

Thought:

ridiculous.woot.com

For the ridiculous stuff some of us might want to buy

laurajaworski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laurajaworski

i want my little pownie! and the cheek shoes

morachi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages morachi

I think passing on the World of Warcraft coffee table book was a bad idea. There only what 12mil subscribers for that game. I would think it would make a decent gift and that lots of players (myself included) would like one just to remember all the time lost playing WoW that could've been used to say oh...get a couple of college degrees instead.?":NM<

llandar

quality posts: 32 Private Messages llandar
morachi wrote:I think passing on the World of Warcraft coffee table book was a bad idea. There only what 12mil subscribers for that game. I would think it would make a decent gift and that lots of players (myself included) would like one just to remember all the time lost playing WoW that could've been used to say oh...get a couple of college degrees instead.?":NM<

The problem with your theory is that no WoW addict stops playing long enough to appreciate a book or even shop online for one.

bitz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bitz

There is also latex condoms..... oh wait, they sold those too.

VioletArrows

quality posts: 0 Private Messages VioletArrows

Y'all seriously missed selling out on the My Little Pony DS sets. One word. Bronies.

The coffee table book would've sold out as well. :p

equazcion

quality posts: 65 Private Messages equazcion

After seeing this, I honestly didn't think anything got rejected. The Barbie backpack and back shaver would've sold faster, even if you sold them together.

Have you been eating that sandwich again?

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 117 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

bitz wrote:There is also latex condoms..... oh wait, they sold those too.

And bags of pee! I mean, bags for pee! No pee already in them, nope!

bigfatpanda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigfatpanda
agingdragqueen wrote:And bags of pee! I mean, bags for pee! No pee already in them, nope!

I can't believe I missed out on the BOP.

xelement5x

quality posts: 1 Private Messages xelement5x

I also got the Barbie Backpack, in a Bountiful Overflowing Cornucopia gave it to a co-worker for their niece. I'm surprised the Foot Flush I got as well didn't show up in this video.

wooton

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wooton

elfs, woot? maybe you meant elves?

SoCalDuncan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SoCalDuncan

I want a Mr. Creepy!

matthew

wooton wrote:maybe you meant elves?

We stand by our word selection