3%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Turtle Beach Ear Force X31 Wireless Headset for Xbox 360
$49.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

loudwhisper

quality posts: 1 Private Messages loudwhisper

Will this work on a PC?

dormanthegr8

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dormanthegr8

Cozy earmuffs to go along with your Monkey snuggie!!

Tiamat114

quality posts: 48 Private Messages Tiamat114

You have no idea how close I just came to clicking the gold button. Alas, for Xbox and not PC.

djenkins1982

quality posts: 15 Private Messages djenkins1982

Less XBox 360, more PS3. Thanks.

casey81

quality posts: 3 Private Messages casey81

Excellent for playing on your Xbox, or pretending to be an air traffic controller.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1069 Private Messages whatsamattaU

Almost same model (X41) November 7 for $79.99 if you want to compare comments to the $49.99 X31 today:

http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=4699314

babmeers

quality posts: 3 Private Messages babmeers

Will this work for PS3 as well?

cindihoward

quality posts: 42 Private Messages cindihoward

My son has these for his Xbox and loves them. Turtle Beach is a great product. With these he can hear people coming from all directions in the game.

MissouriMomma

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann
loudwhisper wrote:Will this work on a PC?

I would imagine you would need some sort of splitter that would divide the 1.8 mm jack into a 3.5 mm jack/headphone jack... I dont even know if this exists...

The only way i could see this being possible is if you're gaming with a Xbox 360 PC controller...

lyricmezzosoprano

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lyricmezzosoprano

If I remember correctly from the last time this was Woot!ed, a commenter said that this can work with PC but you needs some modifications for it.

But I'm probably wrong.

dormanthegr8

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dormanthegr8

Hey ese, I'm pretty sure you need some adapters to make it work, and it proves to be more trouble than it's worth. You probably also need some software shenanigans to go along with it.
I'm basing this assessment on the last pair of Xbox headphones I saw on Woot! not my own knowledge, so I could be wrong.

bluejester

quality posts: 560 Private Messages bluejester

This looks like it would be all the rage with air traffic controllers.

CowboyDann

Here is a guide on how to use xbox360 headsets on ps3.

It looks like way too much work for me though

madrman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages madrman

To hear the sound,all you need is a 3.5 mm to 3.5 mm cable. I use the cable that was originally from my desktop to my speakers when I want the sound on my head.
If you meant using the mic... That's another story. But I have a workaround for that as well.

These are pretty good headphones. I've had a set of these over a year. Love 'em.

johnwaid

quality posts: 5 Private Messages johnwaid
babmeers wrote:Will this work for PS3 as well?

According to Turtle Beach's website, the chat will work with an adapter, but not the actual game sounds.

abstevens

quality posts: 10 Private Messages abstevens

But will it work on a mac?

chefferz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chefferz
CowboyDann wrote:I would imagine you would need some sort of splitter that would divide the 1.8 mm jack into a 3.5 mm jack/headphone jack... I dont even know if this exists...

The only way i could see this being possible is if you're gaming with a Xbox 360 PC controller...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M-1Bx-7_zI

They have a video on their Youtube that shows the cable needed to connect to PS3/PC

bddruhot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bddruhot

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/parts-and-accessories/ps3-pc-adapter-cable.aspx

Turtle Beach says you'll need an adapter to make this thing work with PS3; what an amazing coincidence, that they just happen to sell one!

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1069 Private Messages whatsamattaU

Product website: includes FAQ, reviews, and $69.99 there.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/recertified-products/ear-force-x31.aspx

teajunkie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teajunkie

I'd totally woot this if it could easily be adapted for PC use. *sadface*

madrman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages madrman

To use the mic on the PC you either need an adapter or any type of WIRED Xbox controller (I use an old Guitar Hero guitar, lol).

SHWOO

quality posts: 2 Private Messages SHWOO

Playing first person shooter games is so much better with a headset like this. You can hear footsteps and other sounds that I could not hear before when using my surround sound system. I highly recommend Turtle Beach products.

CowboyDann

chefferz wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M-1Bx-7_zI

They have a video on their Youtube that shows the cable needed to connect to PS3/PC

Thanks for the help, To be honest I'm too drunk to be a helpful wooter right now and should be asleep anyways.... also, my Xbox RROD so I threw it out my window and my brother is the PS3 Gamer anyways...

--
Edit: Over the limit for driving and still getting quality posts. Ponies yeah!!

eticketjedi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eticketjedi
CowboyDann wrote: Here is a guide on how to use xbox360 headsets on ps3.

It looks like way too much work for me though

If you have the DSS converter, it should hook up to PS3 for incoming audio I think. I primarily use my DX11 set for my PS3.

To use the mic you just need a mic/usb adapter. You can find them on Amazon for a couple bucks a pop typically.

sdbcmr

quality posts: 16 Private Messages sdbcmr

Will this work with my new Kindle Fire?

MillSkot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MillSkot

My husband and I play split screen Halo... it appears I can buy two and run them both , but does anyone happen to know if we do that, will we be able to hear each other through the headsets?

dssinden

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dssinden

Can you use these just for chat while still having your audio go through the tv or sound system?

stevenlee212

quality posts: 7 Private Messages stevenlee212
djenkins1982 wrote:Less XBox 360, more PS3. Thanks.

You have it backwards.. More Xbox 360 and NO PS3 ever !! The PS3 network is so BAD compared to xbox... I would so much rather pay for my online gaming and have a great multiplayer experience than to have a crappy free ps3 network to play on These are a must have for any gamer .. They provide great surround sound .. so you can hear all those footsteps coming up behind you. Cant go wrong with turtlebeach they are the best IMO and this is a great price

Style2bboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Style2bboy

There Here On Ebay for $52.99 Manufacturer refurbished

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Turtle-Beach-Ear-Force-X31-Gaming-Headset-Xbox-360-/300605501547?pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item45fd7bf06b#ht_2230wt_1247

ahp901

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ahp901

These are ten dollars less than a new X11. The X11 are the wired version of the same headphones.

This may appear to be a good deal but BEWARE, they drain batteries like mad. I went back to my X11's because I was tired of dead batteries all the time. Unless you sit really far away from your tv (no gamer does) wired is the better option

CowboyDann

MillSkot wrote:My husband and I play split screen Halo... it appears I can buy two and run them both , but does anyone happen to know if we do that, will we be able to hear each other through the headsets?

IIRC there is an annoying echo you get from hearing the person 20 ft away from you and then hearing them again through your headset. Though, I'd imagine with a killer Closed-headset like this there would be little to no echo...

I wouldn't know though, I'm not speaking from personal experience with these headsets... Just talking from a point of view of using closed/open headphones while listening to music.

digitalartizen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages digitalartizen

Alright, this is way off topic but please indulge me. This is my first post, I have been shopping and cheering woot onwards how for several years but have never posted a comment. So what is finally making me say something?

I just wanted y'all to know how very proud I am of my mother. She bought her first woot two days ago and also purchased yesterday's woot.

Now this would no big deal, I guess.. until I think of the fact that my mother is a 76 year old oriental woman. Born just before WWII in the foothills of Medan, Indonesia, she would tell us stories of running with her family escaping the Japanese and the tricks of foraging for food in her childhood.

I bought her her first computer in the late 90s. She could never really get the hang of it. Then came the iPad. She is now the queen of emails (y'all know what I mean.. :-). She evens trades stock and plays the market using her iPad.

And now, she has gained enough confidence to actually purchase something using her Credit Card. And she did all this without me. She only told me after the fact!.

Mom, I'm proud of you!

DigitalArtizen

goatcrapp

quality posts: 16 Private Messages goatcrapp

I have the x31 and now the x41 from a few weeks ago on woot.

The x31 has been great for me.. excellent sound, great bass (better than the x41, actually) and great isolation. (the wife can't hear the game, which makes her happier lol)

With that said - i feel much more immersion with the x41's than the x31's in an a to b comparison. This is to be expected, as the x31's are stereo, and the x41's are surround.

I happily paid 100.00 for my x31's a couple of years ago, after having used a pair belonging to a friend. half the price is a steal. If you missed out on the x41 but still need something - get these! Don't bother with the wired sets - the wires get tangled, trip you up and are a general nuisance.

**edit - re: batteries - i found the battery life to be acceptable. They tended to last about as long as the controller. I used eneloops in both (i've relegated all my eneloops to things like this after discovering NiZN batts - but thats for another post). with controller vibration on, and the volume turned decently high, i would get about 10 hours of play (split over a few days, obviously) out of each. set up my charging station discretely near the xbox, and when one would die (whichever, first) i got in the habit of replacing both, since they were so well matched.

Guy with batt problems - possible you were leaving these on after game play? I notice they took a while to self-power down...

DrChops

quality posts: 20 Private Messages DrChops
digitalartizen wrote:
She could never really get the hang of it. Then came the iPad.

Maybe a Mac? I guess with an external. keyboard and stuff the iPad is probably a pretty capable machine for basic stuff like that... Just seems like an upgrade may be in order if she's gotten hip to the scene.

Then again, if it ain't broke..
(break it.)

Petey Thaseatesmyne

danv2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danv2

Okay, so I want to use these on my PC. I have an Xbox 360 Wireless controller and the PC adapter for it. Will I be able to run the headset through the 360 controller to use it on my PC? Will it work as long as the controller is on even if I am not using? Otherwise, this isn't much use to me. I really want to get these though :D

susiewoots

quality posts: 16 Private Messages susiewoots

We just bought a wired turtle beach for PC gaming. It has all the options for console or PC play so these probably do as well. I'm thinking about giving the other pair to my son if these will work on PC also.

The brand is awesome, they've had bad reviews in past with the x11, but x12 are much better quality. They have wonderful bass and well I've just talked myself into buying another woot. Lolz!!

randallreis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages randallreis

These are awesome. You can hear everything around....even bugs flying by. Directional hearing is awesome too

BigBryan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BigBryan

if your tv has an optical output then it will work on ps3 or bluray as well. there are youtube videos on this. if you dont have an optical output then you might be out of luck. i dont have it so i had to order the audio adapter for my xbox. im pretty sure there are adapters for ps3 and such as well. just need those red white output. im not guaranteeing anything! it was said on a youtube video!