rtameo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages rtameo

I got the X41s, and one thing that I'm not sure has been covered yet is that the base station plugs into the optical port on your XBox 360, and my XBox didn't come with the A/V cable that has the optical port (mine was RCA only). It looks like you can buy the appropriate cable for less than $5 (including shipping) online, so I'm giving that a shot.

falbi23

quality posts: 1 Private Messages falbi23

I've owed this model of Turtle Beaches for roughly two years now(since MW2), and I have had ZERO hardware or sound issues with them.

The ONLY wireless-interference issue I had was when I had the headset's receiver too close to my Xbox 360 Wireless router, luckily they provide a pretty lengthy cord to avoid that problem.

As for comfort and aesthetics? They are fully adjustable to any size head, and have incredibly soft padding around the ear. You will be the fly-est looking gamer around.

"But will I be able to Sh00t n00bz better?"

Actually you will, whether you play Call of Duty, Battle Field, both, or any other competitive video game; The TB Ear Force X31s will make hearing footsteps and gunfire so accurate and lifelike, you'll think you're squad is sharing your zebra-print Snuggie with you.

Even without the "surround sound" feature that the more expensive X41 totes, these headphones provide incredible sound that comes with multiple settings to play around with so you can find the perfect sound.

(and no big transmitter either!)

Woot it!
:D

johnjuhl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnjuhl

I recommend just getting the wired x'11s from Walmart or something because the wireless ones just eat batteries. Also the wired ones can be used on your PC if you decide to switch over.

jessiebyrd004

quality posts: 52 Private Messages jessiebyrd004

Here's a bunch of Buzzillions reviews.
http://alatest.com/reviews/headset-reviews/turtle-beach-ear-force-x31/po3-85337670,128/

I do a daily woot blog where I talk about the woot, link to CSEs, find reviews, etc. A few people have told me it's useful. Google "useful linkage" and there it is.

wolf055

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wolf055

Not to sure how Turtle Beach's work does my Tv need an Audio jack in order to use this or will it work using the red white and yellow outlets?

kle11az

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kle11az

What, did internet & cell phone service go out in Utah? Or do they just not like xbox? Wyoming & North Dakota I can understand, but what happened to the rabid wooters in Utah? I hope nothing awful happened, like a zombie apocalypse. But I bet even zombies love xbox. Hmmm.

StrayNostalgia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages StrayNostalgia
digitalartizen wrote:Alright, this is way off topic but please indulge me. This is my first post, I have been shopping and cheering woot onwards how for several years but have never posted a comment. So what is finally making me say something?

I just wanted y'all to know how very proud I am of my mother. She bought her first woot two days ago and also purchased yesterday's woot.

Now this would no big deal, I guess.. until I think of the fact that my mother is a 76 year old oriental woman. Born just before WWII in the foothills of Medan, Indonesia, she would tell us stories of running with her family escaping the Japanese and the tricks of foraging for food in her childhood.

I bought her her first computer in the late 90s. She could never really get the hang of it. Then came the iPad. She is now the queen of emails (y'all know what I mean.. :-). She evens trades stock and plays the market using her iPad.

And now, she has gained enough confidence to actually purchase something using her Credit Card. And she did all this without me. She only told me after the fact!.

Mom, I'm proud of you!

What a sweet post; I am proud of your mother as well! And that's great to hear that she found the iPad to be so accessible.

mirrorz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mirrorz

Sweet deal!

Now I can hear 12year old kids brag about their sexual endeavors with my 65yr old mom the night prior with a new found clarity.

On second thought I think I'll pass on this deal.

I saw a turtle.

collinvh

quality posts: 57 Private Messages collinvh

Not that big of a gamer and kinda over my tele-marketing career. Sorry Woot!

jumperjax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jumperjax

Aww man, I just recently bought a pair of the x21's for around $100... and they aren't wireless :/ They did come with the sound booster thing (normally like $50) and are compatible with every system but still the wireless would be nicer!

crossbowman5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crossbowman5

Alright, I did some research on this one. You can use this with a PC/PS3, but you need adapters. Here is the manufacturer's part's page, go here to buy the adapters I am going to mention. May be available cheaper elsewhere, but you're on your own for that.

For use with PS3 - Buy the PS3/PC Chat Adapter Cable + Amigo II (The $30 one). YOU NEED THE AMIGO II FOR THE PS3. This kit will also allow you to use your headset with a PC.

If you don't have a PS3 and just want to use it with a PC, buy the PC Chat Adapter Cable ONLY. ($10) You don't need the Amigo II for PC.

Potentially helpful illustration that Turtle Beach provided for hooking up a 360

Side note on the Amigo thing, it's basically a USB sound card that a PS3 recognizes.

If you want to upgrade your x31 to a sort-of x41 buy the Ear Force DSS. It converts a digital surround sound signal into an analog stereo one usable by the x31 or other stereo only headsets. If you don't know what this is, you probably won't notice the difference.

Additionally, please note that the X31's don't use optical/digital signals like the x41's, they use a standard 3.5mm jack (Think headphones) as an input but come with RCA passthrough cables (the red/yellow/white cables on almost everything). You may need to use some trickery if you use HDMI to connect to your TV, I haven't tested it as I do not have the headset yet. Wish I had jumped on the x41's personally, but these will do for me. I'll try to update this if I find anything else useful. Also, first woot for me after lurking for a while wooooooooooo

EDIT: clarified some things, corrected spelling

madrman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages madrman
danv2 wrote:Okay, so I want to use these on my PC. I have an Xbox 360 Wireless controller and the PC adapter for it. Will I be able to run the headset through the 360 controller to use it on my PC? Will it work as long as the controller is on even if I am not using? Otherwise, this isn't much use to me. I really want to get these though :D

No, only a wired controller will work.

badhabit12

quality posts: 14 Private Messages badhabit12

Read quite a few reviews on the X31 and XP500 headset. The price difference is huge and what you get for the extra money is minimal if your going to use them on a PC.

So I am in for one plus the $10.00 for the pc adapter cable.

WOOT at 5:35am

AudioFileZ

quality posts: 1 Private Messages AudioFileZ

Changing the subject...Check out Woot "Minions" on the top of the main woot! page. When you go to it, look at the cool over-the-top artwork. Great graphic style art. Would make Storm Thorgerson, the man behind the Brit art company "Hypnosis", proud. Reminded me of his cover for Alan Parsons IRobot (I bet Apple sued "everyone" 'cause they used the letter "i" with a product-doesn't matter that the album preceeded all things named "i" or that "i" is free for use by alphabet lovers everywhere). If Woot's art director reads this $#"i"+ I wanted you to know the "minions" art rocks!

"i" don't have a website to link to or "i'd" be a willing senseless woot droid (uh oh, hope droid isn't owned by an apple shell company so "i" don't get sued).

darkace625

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darkace625

This is from the Turtle Beach website X31 FAQ:

Can I use the X31 with a PlayStation 3 or PC?

You can use the X31 to hear the game audio, just as you would on the XBOX 360.The chat feature will work on the PS3 and PC with our PS3/PC Chat Adapter Cable + Amigo II bundle for only $29.95.

jcallaghan4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcallaghan4

I saw these on clearance at Target for $29.99, new. I remember because I considered buy it for the hubs.

Unless you an agoraphobic, I would suggest checking your Target before buying these.

atpeace66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages atpeace66

Bummed! Im a newbie here and have purchased 3 days straight. I wish this was for PS3, this is the one item my son just HAS to have this Christmas!
I love Woot!

usagisailor

quality posts: 2 Private Messages usagisailor
MillSkot wrote:My husband and I play split screen Halo... it appears I can buy two and run them both , but does anyone happen to know if we do that, will we be able to hear each other through the headsets?

I'm not too sure on the split screen stuff... but the great thing about X31s is that you can separately control the game audio and chat audio. There's also the option of muting your partner in-game.

bird466

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bird466

If you are reading this, there's a good chance you're likely another sucker of this Woot vendor that is selling "unrefurbished" Turtle Beach returns. Or if anything, they have a hodge-podge of winners and losers that they're looking to dispose of.. mostly losers though. Please check the forum for the November 7th's deal for the Turtle Beach X41.

http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4699314&PageIndex=5&ReplyCount=282

You will see the pattern of losers and other who jumped on a lousy deal due to the excitement of the release of a great franchise (MW3). The odds are likely 99% to 1% for this deal in regards to you being a loser or a winner in the game of Woot. Sorry to say, but it's unlikely that you will be in the select 1% with a working device. Pass this woot to the suckers (like those who bought the X41's), if you still can ;)

JAKWoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JAKWoot
digitalartizen wrote:Alright, this is way off topic but please indulge me. This is my first post, I have been shopping and cheering woot onwards how for several years but have never posted a comment. So what is finally making me say something?

I just wanted y'all to know how very proud I am of my mother. She bought her first woot two days ago and also purchased yesterday's woot.

Now this would no big deal, I guess.. until I think of the fact that my mother is a 76 year old oriental woman. Born just before WWII in the foothills of Medan, Indonesia, she would tell us stories of running with her family escaping the Japanese and the tricks of foraging for food in her childhood.

I bought her her first computer in the late 90s. She could never really get the hang of it. Then came the iPad. She is now the queen of emails (y'all know what I mean.. :-). She evens trades stock and plays the market using her iPad.

And now, she has gained enough confidence to actually purchase something using her Credit Card. And she did all this without me. She only told me after the fact!.

Mom, I'm proud of you!

Good for her. Congrats. But people are "Asian," things (like rugs and food) are "oriental."

Dean0

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Dean0

I love ya, Woot, but in the interest of full disclosure, I must point out that Best Buy is offering the wired version of this same item...new...for $10 less ($39.99) on Black Friday.

http://bfads.net/Ad/Best-Buy-2011/Page5

However, paying an extra $10 now may be worth while, even if you need a wet wipe to clean out refurbished ear wax. This version is wireless, and not everyone enjoys the insanity of waiting in line Thanksgiving eve in hopes of being one of the first ones in Best Buy at midnight!

dangump

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dangump

I own these headphones and they have been used and abused for about the last two years and they still work perfectly. Very easy to set up and sound quality is excellent. You can also adjust the game volume and the voice volume independantly. They take 2 AAA batteries and the batteries last me for a few weeks before having to switch them out.

kgtg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kgtg
loudwhisper wrote:Will this work on a PC?

Yes

BJason

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BJason

I know there's a certain set of wow words copywriters gotta use to sell products, and I understand that it's important to convey how sweet and rockin' the sound is on the particular pair of cans being sold today.

But may I please be the wet Snuggie™ and offer this bit of literary and technical criticism:

It is impossible for a pair of headphones to produce "heart-thumping bass." Unless you've strapped a pair of loudspeakers to the sides of your head, the actual perception of low-frequency sound information within the chest cavity is not going to happen. If you have successfully managed to strap a pair of loudspeakers to your head in an effort to prove me wrong, let me add this: Those are not headphones. That is a pair of loudspeakers strapped to the sides of your head.

"But u can totes press em to your chest an feel itt!!1" Perhaps. But then they're chestphones, and not practical to use in that manner anyway. The described attributes of the product should be apparent through normal use. I can throw them through a window too. Would that give them "glass-breaking treble?"

And should a pair of headphones ever be produced with drivers large and loud enough to put out truly "heart-thumping bass," let me be the first to wish them good luck with the class-action lawsuit.

A little hyperbole is fine, but not TONS OF IT.

KLymans

quality posts: 1 Private Messages KLymans

I blew all my money on blankets with sleeves.
But I was reading up on these and everyone raves about them.

moggert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages moggert

I also own a pair of these headsets, and I am buying these as a spare. Why? They are awesome. They increase the level of gaming online. Instead of hearing someone is behind me, I can hear someone is 10 feet away to my 4o'clock.

And YES, these will work for PC! I use them and they sound great. All you need is an aftermarket adapter that is sold on the Turtle Beach's website for $10. Also sold on the Turtle Beach website are all the other cords and bits that come with the headset, so if something breaks, such as the cord that goes from the headset to the xbox controller, you can just buy a replacement cord instead of having to buy a new headset.

PC Setup: Buy part @ http://store.turtlebeach.com/ps3pcchatadaptercable-cab.aspx
Plug Mic and Headphone jack into computer. Plug other end into Headset. Power on, and enjoy.

PS3 Setup. Buy part @ http://store.turtlebeach.com/ps3pcchatadaptercableamigoiibun.aspx
Plug USB into PS3
Do steps for PC.
This makes the headset not wireless and tacks on another $30, so it may be smarter to buy a different headset.

I hope I answered any questions you guys had.

innegable3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages innegable3

Caveat emptor.

Yesterday, I received a pair of X41s purchased from Woot roughly two weeks ago. The box was missing everything but the actual headset and the base station (meaning no cables, power supply, or microphone). I wasn't the only person with this issue according to the forums.

http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4699314

I've had fantastic experiences with Woot in the past, but whatever vendor that is packaging this must be doing a less than stellar job. I'm waiting for a response from Woot. Good luck, everyone.

kazpinkerton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kazpinkerton
stevenlee212 wrote:You have it backwards.. More Xbox 360 and NO PS3 ever !! The PS3 network is so BAD compared to xbox... I would so much rather pay for my online gaming and have a great multiplayer experience than to have a crappy free ps3 network to play on These are a must have for any gamer .. They provide great surround sound .. so you can hear all those footsteps coming up behind you. Cant go wrong with turtlebeach they are the best IMO and this is a great price

As someone who plays on both networks regularly, the differences between the two are virtually nonexistent.

Regardless, the headset works on both consoles as far as delivering surround audio. Getting the mic to work on PS3 requires you run the mic cable through a cheap RadioShack adapter to one of these sorts of things (http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=mic+to+USB+adapter&cid=9618463009759678039&ei=m-rHTpyHO6TYxAWLy8nTCQ&ved=0CCcQrRI) and just plugging that into the PS3's USB port.

DrChops

quality posts: 20 Private Messages DrChops
MillSkot wrote:My husband and I play split screen Halo... will we be able to hear each other through the headsets?

I'm not sure about that, but I get some NASTY static if my wifi is going very hard or if I'm on my house-phone in the vicinity of my headset. Pretty much any other RF signal and the X31s starts crying for attention - so competing with another headset would probably only make the X31s even more irritating.

Worth googling though.

Petey Thaseatesmyne

DrChops

quality posts: 20 Private Messages DrChops
BJason wrote:I know there's a certain set of wow words copywriters gotta use to sell products, and I understand that it's important to convey how sweet and rockin' the sound is on the particular pair of cans being sold today.

But may I please be the wet Snuggie™ and offer this bit of literary and technical criticism:

It is impossible for a pair of headphones to produce "heart-thumping bass." Unless you've strapped a pair of loudspeakers to the sides of your head, the actual perception of low-frequency sound information within the chest cavity is not going to happen. If you have successfully managed to strap a pair of loudspeakers to your head in an effort to prove me wrong, let me add this: Those are not headphones. That is a pair of loudspeakers strapped to the sides of your head.

"But u can totes press em to your chest an feel itt!!1" Perhaps. But then they're chestphones, and not practical to use in that manner anyway. The described attributes of the product should be apparent through normal use. I can throw them through a window too. Would that give them "glass-breaking treble?"

And should a pair of headphones ever be produced with drivers large and loud enough to put out truly "heart-thumping bass," let me be the first to wish them good luck with the class-action lawsuit.

A little hyperbole is fine, but not TONS OF IT.

Dude. It's Woot.

Petey Thaseatesmyne

mdnorman

quality posts: 50 Private Messages mdnorman
bird466 wrote:If you are reading this, there's a good chance you're likely another sucker of this Woot vendor that is selling "unrefurbished" Turtle Beach returns. Or if anything, they have a hodge-podge of winners and losers that they're looking to dispose of.. mostly losers though. Please check the forum for the November 7th's deal for the Turtle Beach X41.

http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4699314&PageIndex=5&ReplyCount=282

You will see the pattern of losers and other who jumped on a lousy deal due to the excitement of the release of a great franchise (MW3). The odds are likely 99% to 1% for this deal in regards to you being a loser or a winner in the game of Woot. Sorry to say, but it's unlikely that you will be in the select 1% with a working device. Pass this woot to the suckers (like those who bought the X41's), if you still can ;)

Huh? Say what?

mclov001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mclov001
babmeers wrote:Will this work for PS3 as well?

It will work for ps3........but you gotta spend 20-30 more bucks for the chat adapter.

dhilbert

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dhilbert

Does anyone know if this will work for games like "Sing It"? Thanks

lsturtle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lsturtle

reading reading and reading, still can't understand if you can use two at the same time? Sorry, I'm just a grandma who wan'ts to dazzle the tweens. Help please.

poam27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages poam27
goatcrapp wrote:I have the x31 and now the x41 from a few weeks ago on woot.

The x31 has been great for me.. excellent sound, great bass (better than the x41, actually) and great isolation. (the wife can't hear the game, which makes her happier lol)

With that said - i feel much more immersion with the x41's than the x31's in an a to b comparison. This is to be expected, as the x31's are stereo, and the x41's are surround.

I happily paid 100.00 for my x31's a couple of years ago, after having used a pair belonging to a friend. half the price is a steal. If you missed out on the x41 but still need something - get these! Don't bother with the wired sets - the wires get tangled, trip you up and are a general nuisance.

**edit - re: batteries - i found the battery life to be acceptable. They tended to last about as long as the controller. I used eneloops in both (i've relegated all my eneloops to things like this after discovering NiZN batts - but thats for another post). with controller vibration on, and the volume turned decently high, i would get about 10 hours of play (split over a few days, obviously) out of each. set up my charging station discretely near the xbox, and when one would die (whichever, first) i got in the habit of replacing both, since they were so well matched.

Guy with batt problems - possible you were leaving these on after game play? I notice they took a while to self-power down...

Concur with everything here. Excellent headphones especially at this price. I've had the X3's and the X31s. Battery life is decent. I never experienced my headsets eating up batteries at an unacceptable rate. Just make sure you turn them off when you're done playing. This is a must buy if you regularly play multiplayer matches.

smkitt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smkitt
dssinden wrote:Can you use these just for chat while still having your audio go through the tv or sound system?

The problem with that is the headphones surround your ear so it would muffle the sound coming from the TV (plus people in your party would get really annoyed with the microphone feedback)

maddman420

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maddman420

I may be missing something here, but my TV doesn't have an RCA out for the HDMI ports on my TV. I use HDMI with my 1st gen 360 so using the original composite/RCA out cable isn't an option either. Same with trying to use optical audio.

Is there any other way of getting the game sounds to be outputted to the RF transmitter without spending more than $10?

Edit: Nevermind. Quick search on Amazon showed me what I need: http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Cable-Adapter-XBOX-360-Slim/dp/B002P35JMO/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1321740041&sr=8-10

badhabit12

quality posts: 14 Private Messages badhabit12

TURN YOUR X31'S INTO X41'S.......... "CHEAP"

Turtle Beach has a video that explains it. Basicly you purchase a "EAR FORCE DSS 7.1 DOLBY SURROUND SOUND DEVICE".

Note: Always buy your Turtle Beach parts/cables from Amazon.com. You will save substantial money.

codplaya4life

quality posts: 0 Private Messages codplaya4life

The cord on this thing sucks. I have a pair I use on my pc and after a few months the cord got all kinked and won't straighten out for the life of it.

okkydok

quality posts: 0 Private Messages okkydok
CowboyDann wrote: Here is a guide on how to use xbox360 headsets on ps3.

It looks like way too much work for me though

I have this 4 xbox. 4 my ps3 got a SKULLCANDY and like the SKULLCANDY much more , and its less less than $10 more on A??ZON + LIFETIME WARRANTY !!!