WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Longtime listeners to Woot's old audio-only podcast no doubt treasure their memories of Happy Snacking!, our recurring feature dedicated to the art and craft of snack assembly.

Brace yourselves, food fiends: This week, Happy Snacking! finally comes to nauseatingly vivid life on your video screen.

Season your skillets, cinch your apronstrings, and purge your stomachs to make room for grilled cheese the Happy Snacking! way. The Internet's own Randy Cleveland walks you through the manfuacture of this gooey gustatory fave in just a few simple, easy-to-follow steps.

matthew

quality posts: 20 Private Messages matthew

Oops, error in the whiskey disclaimer! It was supposed to say "remember to always grill cheese safely." But I guess we also stand by what it says instead.

bsmith1

quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1
matthew wrote:Oops, error in the whiskey disclaimer! It was supposed to say "remember to always grill cheese safely." But I guess we also stand by what it says instead.

Hey that's alright, guy. I probably wouldn't have slowed it down to read all that stuff if you had not mentioned the error. That was funny stuff there. Now I can laugh with you (the jokes) and at you (the error) simultaneously!

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann
matthew wrote:Oops, error in the whiskey disclaimer! It was supposed to say "remember to always grill cheese safely." But I guess we also stand by what it says instead.

Oh man I was going to pause it row by row anyways, but I'm really glad I read the comments before going back and doing that. Made me laugh a lot harder than I would have otherwise.

I loved the black and white infomercial shots. You know... That bizarro world where the simplest tasks rank alongside neuroscience. Anyways, that sandwich looks awesome and I'll probably have one before the weeks over. Personally what I like to do sometimes is get some shredded sharp cheese and put it on the outside of the bread to give it an extra cheesy/crispy exterior. You should try it sometime.

matthew

quality posts: 20 Private Messages matthew
CowboyDann wrote:get some shredded sharp cheese and put it on the outside of the bred to give it an extra cheesy/crispy exterior

Your name should should be remembered forever in posterity for this achievement.

timschluter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timschluter

Hmmm, what a coincidence. I wonder if Randy Cleveland knows that the best grilled cheese sandwiches just happen to be in Cleveland? Cleveland, Ohio that is. http://meltbarandgrilled.com/

bleekii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bleekii

This video had some good tips. I like the tip about separating each layer with a layer of cheese. However I would use a different set of ingredients, like whole wheat bread instead, since my mild allergy to caraway in rye bread causes me to loose my "cookies".

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/food-allergy/DS00082/DSECTION=symptoms

dawgdave99

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dawgdave99
timschluter wrote:Hmmm, what a coincidence. I wonder if Randy Cleveland knows that the best grilled cheese sandwiches just happen to be in Cleveland? Cleveland, Ohio that is. http://meltbarandgrilled.com/

It's heart attack on a plate but well worth the health risk if you don't mind waiting 2 hours for a table. At least you can while away the time looking at all the old LPs that the menus are printed on. "Hey, I used to have that record!"

txspazz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages txspazz

Nice, my Mommy used butter when she made me grilled cheese.

Big boys use mayonnaise. The egg in the mayo does magical things to the bread.

bsmith1

quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1

Kinda makes you wonder...

Woot Staffer #1: "Hey we need to film a piece for the next video wootcast."

Woot Staffer #2: "Sorry, guy. I wish I could help, but I'll be far too busy making elaborate grilled cheese sandwiches tomorrow."

Woot Staffer #1: "...Brilliant! I'll bring my camcorder!"

I wonder if woot reimbursed him for the ingredients...

tomprodehl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tomprodehl

Awesome video. No matter what the critics say, stay true to your craft.

dsmmrm

quality posts: 7 Private Messages dsmmrm

Mustard and Horeradish on grilled cheese? W-T-F is wrong with you people? That's the most hideous thing I have ever heard. Why don't you use driveway sealer and weed killer. It would taste better than the abomination you describe is this poor excuse for a Wootcast.

cappo

quality posts: 33 Private Messages cappo

The look on his face at the end when he took a bite just screams how "delicious" that sandwich must have been. lol

That expression was the best part of the video.

Luxasia

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Luxasia

While I must say I can't agree with the addition of mustard, horeseraddish, and tomato, I do applaud your cheese choice! Tillamook is the best stuff on the planet. Try using the vintage white extra sharp cheddar sometime. Amazing stuff, makes me so sad I cant get it in Texas

Do not follow me, I walk into walls!

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69

I didn't have any horseradish so I used sauerkraut but it still worked out pretty well. I'll have to get some, though. The tomato is a great addition.

sbyers77

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sbyers77

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

Tillamook cheese and butter AND Beaver horseradish?

Somebody like Oregon!

Programmerman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Programmerman

The real problem I have here is with the bread choice. The same guy who told us in "Peanut Butter Toast" that darkened breads had gone bad on the shelf is now eating rye bread? Or is it still light enough to be considered "not bad"?

fizzle15

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fizzle15

did i see something about miners shouldn't drink whiskey? - thats funny. also - this will be my thanksgiving dinner - great recipe.

zingriffy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zingriffy

You guys are insane. I love this web site!

zingriffy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zingriffy
cappo wrote:The look on his face at the end when he took a bite just screams how "delicious" that sandwich must have been. lol

That expression was the best part of the video.

He looks like he's about to "lose his lunch."

agutierrez311

quality posts: 0 Private Messages agutierrez311

It said Mel Gibson in the disclaimer for the type of people who shouldn't drink. hahaha

klingwoman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klingwoman

Simply hilarious and the look on his face at the end captures it all. Well done, Woot!!

neko2091

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neko2091

Good concept, actually, mustard, horseradish & sharp cheese. Two thin layers of horseradish mustard (yum) would do nicely. Pretty sure the look on his face is due to horseradish overkill!

CowboyDann

matthew wrote:Your name should should be remembered forever in posterity for this achievement.

Oh man I wish I came back earlier to see this :3 Now I'm feelin' pretty good about myself. I will add this to my personal list of great woot accomplishments...

CowboyDann

dsmmrm wrote:Mustard and Horeradish on grilled cheese? W-T-F is wrong with you people? That's the most hideous thing I have ever heard. Why don't you use driveway sealer and weed killer. It would taste better than the abomination you describe is this poor excuse for a Wootcast.

Looks like someone made a few too many bad life decisions and got banned from mom's grilled cheeses.

panthiest

quality posts: 11 Private Messages panthiest

Great, now I'm hungry but I have no horse radish or whiskey.

Is semi-fake wasabi and dark rum close enough?

panthiest

quality posts: 11 Private Messages panthiest
panthiest wrote:Great, now I'm hungry but I have no horse radish or whiskey.

After extensive testing I've reached the conclusion that yes, it is.

aphroat

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aphroat

Thanks, woot!, for encouraging my 13-year old male offspring to get into the kitchen. Too bad that podcast doesn't come with a maid service gift certificate!

aphroat

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aphroat
panthiest wrote:

Drink enough of the rum, who cares whether you have horseradish or even authentic wasabi?

rayray099

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rayray099
dsmmrm wrote:Mustard and Horeradish on grilled cheese? W-T-F is wrong with you people? That's the most hideous thing I have ever heard. Why don't you use driveway sealer and weed killer. It would taste better than the abomination you describe is this poor excuse for a Wootcast.

Now zip it!

apismesa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages apismesa
sbyers77 wrote:Whoa, whoa, whoa.

Tillamook cheese and butter AND Beaver horseradish?

Somebody like Oregon!

That's the only thing I remember from the video, yay Oregonians!